Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

movies/tv Pound Puppies on The Hub

Senn555

(edited)

I have a sudden curiosity to watch Pound Puppies now - it's done by the same animation studio who does MLP:FiM, and Steffan Andrews and Daniel Ingram compose the show's music.

Season 1 wrapped up on January 28th, even though it started at the same time Friendship is Magic began airing (!). Apparently the first seven episodes were produced by a different animation studio, and those aired October - December 2010. Studio B / DHX Media took over the show and episodes 8-26 of season 1 aired August 2011 - January 2012. Season 2 has been confirmed as well:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Pound_Puppies_(2010_TV_series)_episodes

The thing is, I'd like to watch the entire first season and I have no idea how to get access to it. Nothing shows up on Google - there's no Pound Puppies fansite, not even any torrents of the new series... all I get are the old 1980s versions.

You can buy the entire first season in HD from iTunes for $50, but it's region locked to the USA and I'm in Canada.

http://itunes.apple....n-1/id460173851

There *is* a Pound Puppies DVD coming from Shout! Factory next week, but like the Friendship Express DVD... it only has five random episodes. I'd really rather just watch the whole first season, from iTunes in HD, with the 5.1 surround sound.

Would a kind soul be able to retrieve the entire first season for me in HD from iTunes? I'm not even sure where else to ask so that I can start watching this show...

Anypony? =[

Edited by Senn555
  • Brohoof 2

Hmm those are some interesting facts about the show, didn't know DHX did pound puppies as well... I remember seeing all the commercials they had advertising the show during FiM's credit roll, but it never really seemed that interesting to me. That being said, your best bet may be to get the DVD or try to catch it when it airs on YTV (I believe that’s the network it's on it Canada). Either way good luck with your search :P

I've exhausted my avenues and as you said this show can't be found anywhere.

You'll have to find some kind soul that can get them from iTunes for you, or give them $50.

(Share the spoils if you decide to :ph34r: )

• 4 weeks later...

I'm glad that I found this topic.

I am a fan of the new Pound Puppies show. I have seen a few episodes and I generally enjoy it. It may not be the BEST show out there, but in my opinion, it has appealing characters, and sweet, touching storylines.

Yes, its been confirmed that season 2 is coming.

Speaking of which, I really want to see this the show last for a while. I'm really hoping for a third season.

I realize that Pound Puppies doesn't necessarily have as strong a following as MLP, so I feel its important for all of its fans to contact The Hub and show their support.

If you are a fan of the show and want to see it keep going (and make it to seasn 3) please contact The Hub at the following webpage;

http://corporate.dis...ewer-relations/

The submission form is pretty self-explanatory. Just be sure to choose "Network/Program Related" for the 'Quesion Regarding" category, that will allow you to choose The Hub as the subject of your message

And please spread the word if you happen to know any fans. Remeber, volume is the key! :)

Edited by Bronypupfan

Sorry to post here again so soon, but I was just wondering if there was anyone else here who was even mildly interesting in the new Pound Puppies?

As I said before, I realize that it may not be the BEST show in the world, but I still find it enjoyable and I am really hoping that the show will make it to a third season.

The thing is, the reason I am so concerned about its future is that I know that its fan base is not as big as the fanbase for MLP (which of course, I love as well!).

I actually recently purchased the Pound Puppies DVD becuase I want to show my support for the show.

Does anyone know how well the show is doing?

Edited by Bronypupfan

I'll look into that contact link sometime, bronypupfan. I caught four episodes of the show so far on YTV in Canada - right now it appears to be repeating the older episodes according to airdate instead of being randomized, so I caught episodes 5, 7, 8, and 9 (I missed episode 6). I definitely like the show and I want to buy it from iTunes, seeing as I can't get the whole season anywhere else.

I bought the Friendship Express DVD to support the show, but other than that I had no real reason to get it. I'd have done the same for Pound Puppies if my city actually carried *that* DVD (grrr).

I looked into the whole iTunes thing and you can bypass the region restriction if you create a new account and set your location to a fake US adress. They want a payment method as well, and you can use either a US iTunes gift card, or a disposable credit card (ie Vanilla MasterCard or Visa Prepaid Card) that you can buy locally. I haven't created an iTunes account and bought anything yet since I need the money to do so. Maybe early next month.

I don't know any other fans of the show. Do you?

I don't know any other fans of the show. Do you?

Not really. I've tried looking around online for fans, but I haven't found many.

Though I think there may be some Youtube users who are fans.

Thanks for the reply by the way.

Yeah, If you get a chance, try to contact them and let them know that you like the show.

I just want to see the show continue on. I only recently started watching it, but from what I've seen, I've enjoyed it.

• Brohoof 1

I found Pound Puppies the same way I found MLP, just leaving the TV on. It's not bad, really, just very predictable. But it has lots of interesting characters and is very cute. :) No idea how to find it though, unless the Hubworld website has some episodes up.

The first episode is on the MLP Friendship Express DVD as a bonus, I watched a bit of it and thought it wasn't too bad... I might just watch the rest now, it was rather interesting. :)

I found Pound Puppies the same way I found MLP, just leaving the TV on. It's not bad, really, just very predictable. But it has lots of interesting characters and is very cute. :) No idea how to find it though, unless the Hubworld website has some episodes up.

I know what you mean, but just because something is predictable, doesn't mean its not entertaining. :)

The first episode is on the MLP Friendship Express DVD as a bonus, I watched a bit of it and thought it wasn't too bad... I might just watch the rest now, it was rather interesting. :)

Oh, cool. Yeah, you should give it a try, from the episodes that I have seen, its pretty cool.

I know what you mean, but just because something is predictable, doesn't mean its not entertaining. :)

Oh of course not, I've never regretted taking the time to watch an episode. (Or didn't, back when I still got Hub. ;-; ) I just don't feel as inspired to keep good track of it since I basically will always know what's going on, LOL. Though I only keep actual track of two shows to begin with, so maybe that doesn't mean anything from me. XD

Oh, cool. Yeah, you should give it a try, from the episodes that I have seen, its pretty cool.

I just watched it actually. Not as great as MLP, but it was actually pretty decent, I just might watch a bit more sometime... :)

I wanted to branch out and try out the other shows that DHX Media/Hasbro, Daniel Ingram, Will Anderson and their teams have worked on too. There's another Hasbro Studios production, Adventures of Chuck and Friends, that has music by Daniel Ingram as well. Haven't gotten to that one yet though...

Anyway, I've always had a major interest for Canadian/American produced animation. I've been so out of the loop on movies and TV shows for such a long time and I'd like to at least attempt to catch up.

I wind up watching episodes because it comes on right before MLP in the morning. Does not blow my mind like MLP but it is decent.

Also, I think the big fluffy dog sounds like Bender. :P

Yup, Same voice actor. :)

....Also, I apologize for bumping this back up again, but I was wondering; Does anyone know when season 2 of Pound Puppies is supposed to start?

(edited)

No idea. I'd be curious to know myself.

Edit:

Episode 10, "Dogs on a Wire", has a character named Trixie.

YES

Edited by Senn555

....You know.....I have recently seen a few more episodes of Pound Puppies, and to be fair, many of the episodes are not really too predicable. Most of them are no more predictable that some of the MLP episodes.

The Pound Puppies episodes that I have seen have been decent, and at times the show has some very good humor. :)

Oh, and I had a thought, perhaps season 2 of Pound Puppies will start around the same time season 3 of MLP starts.

....You know.....I have recently seen a few more episodes of Pound Puppies, and to be fair, many of the episodes are not really too predicable. Most of them are no more predictable that some of the MLP episodes.

The Pound Puppies episodes that I have seen have been decent, and at times the show has some very good humor. :)

Oh, and I had a thought, perhaps season 2 of Pound Puppies will start around the same time season 3 of MLP starts.

I mean predictable mostly in terms of the way that the pup usually ends up exactly where it looks like it will, LOL. But then, basically every MLP ends with a letter to the Princess, so it might be the same basic theme. Perhaps its the catchphrase of the Pound Puppies that annoys me. XD Though I used to hate the MLP theme song SO BUCKING MUCH maybe it'll grow on me too. X3

And the next season will probably start when MLP season 3 does, the Hub will probably start all its stuff at about the same time.