Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

movies/tv Pound Puppies on The Hub

Senn555

Looks like season 2 starts airing on June 2nd:

I'm looking forward to it!

Aw, man, I've been meaning to watch this show! It seems interesting to me.

If you don't have time to catch it on TV, you can always see season 1 on Netflix. :)

• 2 months later...

I encountered Pound Puppies merchandise today. The first of its kind as far as I'm aware.

I wasn't even expecting it - I was at the Walmart in Burnaby (Lougheed Town Centre) in the pink aisle looking for MLP toys. As usual, Walmart's section of pony was pretty non-existent (it always is in my experience, compared to Target, Toys R Us and Superstore)... but I caught these Pound Puppies plushies right at the end of the aisle as I was leaving. They're pretty show accurate and they're about 8 inches tall - they had two plushies of Cupcake and one of Patches (two of the three pups in the Super Secret Pup Club). This was certainly new to Daniel Ingram and Steffan Andrews when I mentioned it to them via Twitter tonight.

I neglected to take my camera with me, but I'll be heading back there tomorrow to take pics at the least... maybe pick them up as well. I already forgot how much they were.

• Brohoof 1

I encountered Pound Puppies merchandise today. The first of its kind as far as I'm aware.

I wasn't even expecting it - I was at the Walmart in Burnaby (Lougheed Town Centre) in the pink aisle looking for MLP toys. As usual, Walmart's section of pony was pretty non-existent (it always is in my experience, compared to Target, Toys R Us and Superstore)... but I caught these Pound Puppies plushies right at the end of the aisle as I was leaving. They're pretty show accurate and they're about 8 inches tall - they had two plushies of Cupcake and one of Patches (two of the three pups in the Super Secret Pup Club). This was certainly new to Daniel Ingram and Steffan Andrews when I mentioned it to them via Twitter tonight.

I neglected to take my camera with me, but I'll be heading back there tomorrow to take pics at the least... maybe pick them up as well. I already forgot how much they were.

Wow, That's really cool! Thanks for posting that info.

Seriously, Pound Puppies is a really good show, and it seems like it might be slowly attracting more attention.

For the record, MLP is not the only good show on the network, The Hub has lots of great shows.

• Brohoof 1

I watched it awhile ago from the Friendship Express DVD, It was pretty good, I like it better then the 80's series by far.

Cool. And keep in mind that was only an early season 1 episode. After episode 7 aired, the animation company changed (The show is now animated by the same studio that does MLP.) from episode 8 onward, Pound Puppies has clean, fluid animation and it looks much better.

You can see season 1 on Netflix. (Just remeber episodes 1-7 have rough animation), and if you go to Hubworld.com you can see a couple of full episodes from season 2.

I got some of them on YTV (seems like I didn't buy this channel for nothing). I like it, not as much as My little pony but I think it deserves more attention than it actually has. I tried to watch some of them on Youtube but the quality was horrible so I gave up. I still don't understand why YTV airs it at 12h00, seriously, we're at school when it's on TV.