Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Hello from best chipset

CMQuickfireTK

Strangely enough... I agree with you for the most part, but the last part...

Whatever. at least I got a 384-bit bus and 3GB Vram B)

256-bit bus width isn't even saturated. It's like saying there's a difference between PCIE 3.0 and 2.0, sure it's good to have it but even 2.0's bandwidth is not saturated.

GTX 770 4GB VRAM ;) thanks

Seriously: Prove your Nvidia superiority by doing 3dmark11, 3dmarkFS, and Valley. Beat my 7970 in all of those and ill gladly submit :). If you dont answer this seriously ill just assume you only want to try and troll me lol. Which is fine btw.

Benchmarks are bullshit. FPS in actual games are what matters. Not some synthetic score in a shitty program xD

256-bit bus width isn't even saturated. It's like saying there's a difference between PCIE 3.0 and 2.0, sure it's good to have it but even 2.0's bandwidth is not saturated.

No it doesnt matter until you DO saturate them. But when you do and run out of RAM, bandwidth, whatever. You're going to shit lol. Have fun with stuttering :/

Benchmarks are bullshit. FPS in actual games are what matters. Not some synthetic score in a shitty program xD

Valley isnt synthetic. Beat me there.

No it doesnt matter until you DO saturate them. But when you do and run out of RAM, bandwidth, whatever. You're going to shit lol. Have fun with stuttering :/

Except the difference between 256 and 384bit bus width is not going to be noticeable and by the time games actually saturate that bandwidth, I'll be running a GTX 980 with a 1024 bit bus width or something stupid like that.

Valley isnt synthetic. Beat me there.

I never saw Valley, I'm just skim reading. Right, I'll install it tomorrow after College and PM you the result. I'm on my phone ATM.

Except the difference between 256 and 384bit bus width is not going to be noticeable and by the time games actually saturate that bandwidth, I'll be running a GTX 980 with a 1024 bit bus width or something stupid like that.

I never saw Valley, I'm just skim reading. Right, I'll install it tomorrow after College and PM you the result. I'm on my phone ATM.

http://www.overclock.net/t/1360884/official-top-30-unigine-valley-benchmark-1-0

Go by the rules in this thread. thats what i did.

Oh! I love overclock.net :3 You a member there?

Jesus, I remember making a custom VBIOS for my old GTX 670 on that forum about a year and a bit ago. One other good point for AMD, unlocked voltages.

No im not a member anymore. I have been banned 2 times. With nicknames Rangerjr1 and Onglar lol. Check my single GPU score in the Valley chart. Submitted by Onglar, i have another there submitted with my Rangerjr1 account. Back then i had a FX 8350 and reference cooled 7970 so the score is lower obviously. Currently the fastest watercooled 7970 and second fastest 7970 overall (The fastest is cooled by LN2 lol)

it's doing great, almost a year old and no issue.

Having the z77 name with an Intel chipset Avvy, not bad :3

I'm personally an AMD/AMD fan and not an Intel/Nvidia, but to be honest there's no reason why i'd post the reasons why they would be better. After all, opinions are opinions~

Also, new favorite GPU is the HIS Boost clock 7950.

I love AMD too tbh :yay:

actually, full specs:

CPU: Intel i5-2500k @ 4.6
Cooler: Antec kuhler h2o 620
Motherboard: Asrock z77e-itx
GPU: MSI AMD radeon hd 7950 TF3 edition
memory: G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 8GB (2x4GB) @ 1600
boot/storage: Patriot pyro 60GB ssd, WD Caviar green 2TB, WD caviar blue 1TB
monitors: HP 2310m 1080p monitor, Chimei CMV 221D 1680x1050 monitor
PSU: PC power and cooling Silencer MK II 750w
Case: Bitfenix prodigy

I'll hopefully be able to upgrade the memory, and you can prolly guess the OS...

I love AMD too tbh :yay:

actually, full specs:

CPU: Intel i5-2500k @ 4.6

Cooler: Antec kuhler h2o 620

Motherboard: Asrock z77e-itx

GPU: MSI AMD radeon hd 7950 TF3 edition

memory: G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 8GB (2x4GB) @ 1600

boot/storage: Patriot pyro 60GB ssd, WD Caviar green 2TB, WD caviar blue 1TB

monitors: HP 2310m 1080p monitor, Chimei CMV 221D 1680x1050 monitor

PSU: PC power and cooling Silencer MK II 750w

Case: Bitfenix prodigy

I'll hopefully be able to upgrade the memory, and you can prolly guess the OS...

Windows 7 OS? :3

Also how much Memory do you use on your computer when running everything?

Windows 7 is good... but... eeunope. :mellow:

when I'm not doing a serious amount of stuff, about 3GB... but when I am... I've been going near 8GB as of late, so... yeah.

though when the machine first starts up... it's like... 500MB idle

Windows 7 is good... but... eeunope. :mellow:

when I'm not doing a serious amount of stuff, about 3GB... but when I am... I've been going near 8GB as of late, so... yeah.

though when the machine first starts up... it's like... 500MB idle

Linux? x3 Or windows 8?

Huh, okay. I guess 12-16 GB would be good to use. I'd go for 12 though, but i've heard of some using all 16 before from multiple things :3

Linux, #! (Crunchbang) linux to be exact. ... and I despise Windows 8/8.1... but not for the stereotypical reason...

I've been close to 16GB RAM usage before so... it's almost compelling to get it...

Linux, since Windows 7 uses 1 GB of RAM already.

But i'm the Windows fan too, never cared for Linux right away. And I do despise Windows 8 a lot, it's pretty much bad.

Also, if the Ripjaws Memory you have by G-skill goes on sale, buy it. 16 Gigs is good for you if you reach closely to it.

well the problem with that last statement is.... I have a board with only 2 RAM slots on it... so... If I get RAM... it'll have to replace these current ones...

Aww, okay.

Well save the 8GB sticks for backup, kay? Anyways it was nice meeting you :3

I have a use for those still! so ofc! and nice meeting you too.

Actually, if you make a budget gaming PC then you can use those two. Maybe try a full AMD rig, 500+ dollars or something.

I'm making one with nice reliable parts that's like, 530 or so. Has a nice quad core AMD Athlon X4 750k with a 2GB Radeon HD 7790 by ASUS.

Also has the new ASUS FM2/FM2+ Socket Motherboard for newer Kaveri cores if I ever wanted it.