Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Confused and disturbed

Casbyness

So okay, I went to the loval shop today and was surprised to see some Equestria Girls dolls in stock. I had a look, but they only had two. One was Twilight, who looks a bit too dim and cheerful. The other was...something I need explained.

She was called "Princess Celestia" and came with a smaller pony who was definitely Celestia. But the doll herself was...hmm. She looked like a school Rarity with Rainbow Dash's hair. The really strange thing was on the back of the box was a perfec tly accurate picture of Celestia from the EG movie, which was apparently supposed to match the contents of the box. But...no. The doll looked nothing like Celestia from EG whatsoever. It was like they put the wrong character inside or just re-painted one of the mane six. The only EG character the doll eeven vaguely resembled was Sweetie Belle.

What's the deal with this doll?

Haha!  Oh Hasbro, what a bunch of lazy cunts.

Hey, at least the Celestia pony looks a little better than meh. 

Edited by Deesinn
  • Brohoof 1

Unfortunately hasbro has gone really cheap with the G4 toy line. They didn't seem to feel the need to make a different mold for the adult/celestia human or really they didn't really feel the need to do anything awesome with the EQ dolls.

I wish they'd license the Equestria Girls out to another doll company...I'd willingly pay a lot more money if a company like Tonner Doll Company made the EG dolls.

• Brohoof 1

Unfortunately hasbro has gone really cheap with the G4 toy line. They didn't seem to feel the need to make a different mold for the adult/celestia human or really they didn't really feel the need to do anything awesome with the EQ dolls.

I wish they'd license the Equestria Girls out to another doll company...I'd willingly pay a lot more money if a company like Tonner Doll Company made the EG dolls.

I'd even be tempted to buy them to add them to my modest MLP collection if they actually looked like the designs from the movie instead generic "fashion" dolls with a cheaply done EqG coat of paint.

At least the G4 pony toys are cute and pleasant to look at, even if they're not exactly show accurate. 

Edited by Shoboni
  • Brohoof 2

Wa da herr? That's so funny. I think they wanted to make a mix of the characters.

"Hey gaiz! *snort* We should make and EG OC! with Rarity's style and make her hair Rainbow! We'll call it 'Celestia'!"

"That'll be a great idea!" *starts making the abomination*

I understand that these toys are meant to be bought by children (in Hasbro's mind) and they can't be really high quality stuff because children are not going to leave stuff in a shelf and look at it feeling happy they have the things. They want to play with the toys, so they'll just get thrashed if they are made with too much care, implying they would be also fragile.

But come on! This doll needs to be burned!

I'd even be tempted to buy them to add them to my modest MLP collection if they actually looked like the designs from the movie instead generic "fashion" dolls with a cheaply done EqG coat of paint.

At least the G4 pony toys are cute and pleasant to look at, even if they're not exactly show accurate. 

The dolls that have the joints in the legs/arms are 'better'. I'd say with all the great customizers out there I'm sure someone will redo them at some point. I"m even considering it since I found a couple at a flea market.

I did see someone posted pictures who made a custom fluttershy from another doll, I can't remember if it was monster high or something else...but it was really awesome.

The thing with these dolls, Hasbro originally were trying to promote it as Equestria Girls was going to bring in the older girls/teens or doll people into MLP. The whole original speel for the EQ was to get older girls/kids into it. I think mostly to compete with the monster high and bratz market.

The problem is these dolls are low quality - I also collect dolls along with MLP, as an adult my taste in dolls is much higher. I'd rather spend $100 on a really nice collectable doll than getting 5 $20 cheap crappy dolls. One of my pet peeves about the Equestria Girl dolls is painted on clothing. Barbie does this to and it's my least favorite thing about dolls. IF you are going to make a fashion doll then WHY are you painting the clothing on. The whole purpose in a fashion doll is for you to be able to change the look of the doll and that is impossible with painted on clothing.

Also, the fact that Equestria Girl dolls copied the bratz and did the peg leg thing. I have no problem with it in the bratz line, it was unique to that doll line but why Hasbro decided to copy this...I have no idea. I do know that the newer EG dolls are going to have feet...but the unispired quality and gaudy crap I saw on the rainbow rock dolls. I can't believe they changed the hands - they actually made them worse not better.

If Hasbro really does want to get older people into the EG line then they should at least try to do some higher quality dolls. While the deluxe dolls are a tad better I don't see them being what I expect for drawing in the older demographic. Then again some people seem to really like them - but personally I am not going to buy one of everything anymore. Back in the day, I would never miss anything MLP. Now in the G4 line in particular I have 0 plans to own everything - mostly because all hasbro is doing with both the pony line and doll line is just spit out the exact same pony/doll over and over.

That doesn't make the line collectable, it just makes it look lame in my opinion.

• Brohoof 2

The dolls that have the joints in the legs/arms are 'better'. I'd say with all the great customizers out there I'm sure someone will redo them at some point. I"m even considering it since I found a couple at a flea market.

I did see someone posted pictures who made a custom fluttershy from another doll, I can't remember if it was monster high or something else...but it was really awesome.

The thing with these dolls, Hasbro originally were trying to promote it as Equestria Girls was going to bring in the older girls/teens or doll people into MLP. The whole original speel for the EQ was to get older girls/kids into it. I think mostly to compete with the monster high and bratz market.

The problem is these dolls are low quality - I also collect dolls along with MLP, as an adult my taste in dolls is much higher. I'd rather spend $100 on a really nice collectable doll than getting 5 $20 cheap crappy dolls. One of my pet peeves about the Equestria Girl dolls is painted on clothing. Barbie does this to and it's my least favorite thing about dolls. IF you are going to make a fashion doll then WHY are you painting the clothing on. The whole purpose in a fashion doll is for you to be able to change the look of the doll and that is impossible with painted on clothing.

Also, the fact that Equestria Girl dolls copied the bratz and did the peg leg thing. I have no problem with it in the bratz line, it was unique to that doll line but why Hasbro decided to copy this...I have no idea. I do know that the newer EG dolls are going to have feet...but the unispired quality and gaudy crap I saw on the rainbow rock dolls. I can't believe they changed the hands - they actually made them worse not better.

If Hasbro really does want to get older people into the EG line then they should at least try to do some higher quality dolls. While the deluxe dolls are a tad better I don't see them being what I expect for drawing in the older demographic. Then again some people seem to really like them - but personally I am not going to buy one of everything anymore. Back in the day, I would never miss anything MLP. Now in the G4 line in particular I have 0 plans to own everything - mostly because all hasbro is doing with both the pony line and doll line is just spit out the exact same pony/doll over and over.

That doesn't make the line collectable, it just makes it look lame in my opinion.

Sounds like an even worse mess than I assumed just from glancing at them.

At least the smaller ponies are only $5 to make up for their short-comings. 

*sigh*... *gathers composure..*   ah screw it- FOR THE LOVE OF CELESTIA IN THE SKY HERSELF, GET YOUR FRIGGIN ACT TOGETHER HASBRO, IT DOESN'T TAKE A LOT OF RESOURCES TO MAKE THE DOLL THE WAY IT'S PROPERLY SUPPOSED TO BE!!!!!! AND YES, I HAVE BEEN IN MANUFACTURING BEFORE SO DON'T EVEN TRY PULLING THAT EXCUSE OUT OF YOUR FAT @#$%ING WALLETS OF WHICH COULD HAVE EVEN BEEN FATTER IF YOU HAD DONE IT PROPERLY IN THE FIRST PLAAAAAAAACE!!!!!!!!  *Crack of thunder like an angry God*

Edited by TwilightCircuits
  • Brohoof 1

Celestia is actually the only one that I'm tempted to buy... but then I remember that their tops are molded to their body, there's no articulation, and they don't have feet. I'm seriously annoyed by it because I really love the Celestia doll as she's one of the better looking dolls from the series but I wouldn't be able to coax myself into shelling out $20 for her if she has no feet and I can't do anything with her other than stare at her or place her on a shelf. :(

The Celestia doll does look very inaccurate to the EG movie and very inaccurate with the picture on the back which is how she should

look like, but then again the pony figure does look very good for a Celestia figure.