Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Forum notification upon receiving a response to a support ticket

SCS

Forum notification upon receiving a response to a support ticket  

23 users have voted

1. 1. Would you view this feature as useful?

• Yes
    • No

Currently, people do not receive a forum notification when a staff member responds to a support ticket that they send in. We are able to send people notifications via email, but this is inefficient - many people may not check their email as much as they check the forum. Personally, I check my email infrequently at best. 

There is a large number of instances in which someone sends in a support ticket, a staff member responds, and then the user does not respond back when a response is needed in order to continue assisting the user. Out of the departments I am able to view, there are 24 support tickets that match this description, the majority of which have not received a reply from the user in a week or more. A small number of them have not received a reply from the user after a month. This does not include the fourth major department: Moderation Disputes.

My hope is that in the vast majority of these instances the user did not reply because they were no longer experiencing the issue that they sent in a support ticket about. However, the problem is that we do not know whether or not that is the case. I am concerned that some users may be too busy to remember to check the client area regularly, or are perhaps waiting for a notification on the forum informing them that a staff member replied, and that these users are still experiencing the issues they contacted us about. 

Therefore, my suggestion is that users should receive a notification on the forum just as they would if, for example, someone brohoofed or quoted one of their posts. However, unlike those notifications, this would be a mandatory notification to ensure that users knew when their support tickets were responded to. 

Would you view this as a useful feature?

• Brohoof 5

A thousand times yes. I haven't opened too many up in the past, but they're extraordinarily easy to forget about and miss replies to and I always feel pretty bad when I realize that somebody's gotten back to me and I haven't responded/thanked them/closed the ticket. I feel like it'd definitely speed up the process, if it's something that could be implemented.

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...