Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming kingdom hearts

emiliano8193

So I beat kingdom hearts 1.5 hd remix it was awesome and it took a while to track down but I got kingdom hearts dream drop distance for the 3ds so far from what ive played its awesome can wait for kingdom hearts 2.5 hd remix oh and I also got persona 4 for the vita I heard its supposed to be good and right im waiting tell they release the dlc left behind for the last of us so what do you guys think of the games?

• Brohoof 3

I love the Kingdom Hearts series. One of my favorite franchises of all time. I've played every US released version of every game so far. I would highly recommend checking out the actual game for 358/2 Days. Some of the best gameplay in the series.

Dream Drop Distance is easily the best to date though. It looks and plays as smoothly as one of the PS2 games and takes everything the series has learned as far as physics, level design and combat and mashed it all together into something spectacular.

Ironically, you also named one of my others: Shin Megami Tensei. Everyone rants and raves over how amazing games like Persona 3 and 4 are but I actually would say that they are the worst in the series. Not to say they are bad games. They are actually pretty amazing. The rest of the series that I've played though? Top notch stuff. The worst piece of gold in a treasury is still gold!

Edited by Discordian

I think the games are creative bankruptcy at its finest.

"People love classic Disney, right? Let's take all those beloved movies, transform them into vastly inferior versions of themselves, then mash them up with a cliche plot about the power of love to tie them all together!"

If I want to watch Aladdin, I'll watch Aladdin rather than play some inferior, uglier rehash of the same. Thanks.

Kingdom Hearts: Why watch a good movie when you could play a lousier version of a good movie?

It took me a long time to get into it ive never had a ps2 so I got the hd collection the only one I didnt care for was re chain of memories but I plan to get 2.5 hd remix and kingdom hearts 3 for the ps4

You should get a PS2. Best console, best games.

I am getting into the Kingdom Hearts series myself. I remember playing the first one when I was younger but I never finished it. I had a girlfriend that I to talk to named Kiveah and she really enjoyed the series. Lately I have been playing through KH2 on the PS2 and I am having a blast with it. I know that it's probably not good to play KH2 before finishing the first one but it's incredibly fun and I don't wanna stop. I'll eventually get around to beating the first one some day. XD

In a lot of ways they improved the overall smoothness of the gameplay from 1 to 2 but the level designs kind of suffered as well. Most of KH2's levels are completely linear and have little to no platforming. On the upside thanks to the Reaction Commands they increase the cinematic side of the fights. Sora does some pretty badass stuff in KH2.

The platforming was then absent from the series until Birth By Sleep where it returned, albeit only a little. Dream Drop Distance brought back the platforming and made it better using the Flowmotion system. Flowmotion allows you to launch yourself just about anywhere in the map so it forced them to create levels with better designs than previous games so you couldn't beat a level in minutes when it should take you longer.

Re:Coded does have a lot of platforming as well, and some of the best gameplay, but for whatever reason people totally disregard the game.

Long story short: Every game in the franchise does something that improves on the previous games in the series but they also have a tendency to take something good out as well whether due to technical restraints or just because it would have conflicted with existing concepts. BBS and DDD were probably the best for "culmination of everything" from the other games. They took a lot of the good stuff, cut out some of the bad stuff and even came up with a few things unique to the series.

Thatd awesome so are you looking forward to kingdom hearts 3

Absolutely. Considering how well DDD went I'm really looking forward to what they got going and they've really looked to improve the graphics of the game since it'll be on PS4 and Xbone.

I'm also looking forward to KH3. I just need to get myself a next gen system (excluding the Wiiu because I already have it). Hmm PS4 it is! :P In the mean time I'm gonna spend my time playing the other games in the series. Hopefully KH3 comes out late this year or early 2015 so I have enough time to prepare for it. :D

Ha xbone but yea I like how they have disney rides you can use to fight with now and noticed that the keyblade sora picks up in the beginning belongs to someone in birth by sleep I just find it weird kingdom hearts to be on an xbox console it just doesnt seem right the same goes for metal gear solid anyways I think kingdom hearts 3 well be released around September idk ik now it cant be this year because we're getting kingdom hearts 2.5 hd remix well I guess waitibg more wont hurt

My only issue with the Xbone was the online check crap. Once they took that out I cared a little more about the console. I'm still not sure which of the two I'll get first. I'm waiting for Final Fantasy XV and KH3 to both be out before I make that decision. Give both consoles some time to build up a library to actually choose from.

I'll just stick with my plans to get a Wii-U for now.

I just dont like the fact that microsoft was welling to screw consumers over with their original plans of having drm and not allowing to share games etc. They just got to cocky I got a ps4 and love it right when the announced it I pre ordered it asap and I guess you can say ima fanboy but whatever I love the exclusives playstation has and how you gey free games with playstation plus anyways I think the earliest kingdom hearts 3 well come out would be 2015 because kingdom hearts 2.5 comes out this year and I dont think they eant one game out shinning another

Sony was planning to have DRM implemented into the PS4 but since the Xbox One got so much negative feedback they removed it and didn't say anything about it. lol

Anywho Microsoft is seeming money hungry. Money does make the world go around though. I don't like how I have to pay for the kinect as well if I decide to get a XO. That's why it's $100 more to begin with. It doesn't add much to the gameplay and it's annoying. I don't really have a need to get a XO because Xbox hasn't offered me anything interesting while Sony lately has some great exclusives and cool deals with Playstation Plus. Don't forget "Playstation Now". :D

I already have a Wiiu aswell and it's been lukewarm for me at best because I got it around launch and just now games that I want for the system are going to be coming out. Aw well. :/

Did you know ironicly the ps4 camera is solid out alomost everywhere well were I live anyways and that gamestop is trying so hard to sell xbone that when the get a phone call the first thing the say is thanks for calling gamestop were we have xbox ones in stock etc. And that they offer a 700 bundle for xbox one also offer layaway for xbox one but no other systems as for wii u its not getting any third party support but I dont hate nintendo they just need to make better decisions like mario kart looks cool but not enough for me to buy a wii u oh and playstation now looks awesome but I think with my internet speed I dont think it well run smooth but still the idea of playing ps3 games on vita is awesome funny I read an article saying playstation plus well fail because all they offer is games that came out 2 years ago but the main purpose is to play playstion 3 games on ps4 and vita so the article was stupid

I want a toy story world or have buzz or woody as summons they had the data on kingdom hearts but was never used a star wars world would be cool but I dont think it would fit I would like to see darth vader as a hidden boss