Do You Have BronyDar? (Brony Radar) Being Able To "Spot" a Brony

GXPBlast

Well at work today. A young kid (customer) was looking at my lanyard and said "I like your lanyard".

It's all rainbow like it stands for LGBT but it's actually a rainbow dash lanyard with a rainbow dash keychain.

I thought to myself "Bronies.... bronies... EVERYWHERE O.O"

• 2 weeks later...
(edited)

No, the only way for me to know if someone is a brony is if they say so or talk about the show a lot.

Alot of times its hard to do as talking about MLP in public is very looked down upon and thus they keep it to themselves unless you spot them other ways. I commend those bronies who are very upon about it and wear merchandise and such and it would be awesome if more were like that as it would be easier to spot them.

Edited by GXPBlast

Alot of times its hard to do as talking about MLP in public is very looked down upon and thus they keep it to themselves unless you spot them other ways. I commend those bronies who are very upon about it and wear merchandise and such and it would be awesome if more were like that as it would be easier to spot them.

Ya, I don't think I can really admit that I'm one but someone in my class talks about it so much and wears an RD jacket and everybody knows he watches MLP.

i can't very well , i don't think it counts when the guy you suspect to be a brony gives you a free pony comic and smiles as if he is a brony too , i still need to ask that guy , plus 50% of the stuff in the shop he runs in brony merchandise  

• 1 month later...

Recently my bronydar was correct yet again. This incident happened on my way back home from college at the train station.

At first glance this guy did not wear any MLP apparel but was on the geeky side but not 100% stereo typical. What had my bronydar go full throttle was that he wearing rather geeky clothing. He had an over the shoulder bag with sailor moon on it, he was wearing a invader zim t-shirt and his cell phone case was pink. I could not really get a good look at it but I had a strong feeling that it was MLP related.

He was watching something on his phone with headphones on. As he began walking past me, my gut instinct or bronydar that I like to call it was accurate. What he was watching on his phone was none other than an episode of MLP.

This was a major brony in the wild spotting experience for me. I was extremely tempted to go up to this guy and get to know him. He seemed really indulged in the episode he was watching on his phone and walked to far away before I could get his attention. He also seemed like a guy who is rather introverted. But I was too nervous to walk all the way on the other side of the platform and look weird in front for the many people that were there and I did not want to embarrass him in front of all of those people pointing out him watching MLP.

No not really. But upon reading your thing i think I might just know who is one. I'll keep a close eye on him and find out. Detective mode activated. :)

Brony Log #354: Steven appears to be slowly showing signs of being a Brony, due to subtle pony merch being worn, and quickly denying being a brony...I shall attempt to follow the target to gather more eviden-OH *squee* he sees me...ABORT MISSION ABORT MISSION!!!

(edited)

Brony Log #354: Steven appears to be slowly showing signs of being a Brony, due to subtle pony merch being worn, and quickly denying being a brony...I shall attempt to follow the target to gather more eviden-OH *squee* he sees me...ABORT MISSION ABORT MISSION!!!

This brings on such epic lols.

Edited by GXPBlast

Sorta. I kept getting this strange feeling that the girl I sat next to in my journalism class was a Brony, but I couldn't prove it until she started wearing a Friendship is Magic wristband at the end of thd semester.

(edited)

I can't tell if persons are bronies I just really want to catch one though, it's like they're just not in Arnold strangely there's a chance I'm the only one but still I don't really make it obveious I mean yeah I act quirky and fun running aimlessly around the store and I check out the Mlp isle but yeah if I did see any brony I would walk up to them and no matter who they are/what they're doing I would say these words "Sweetie Belle is best pony no exceptions"

Edited by PokeBolter

I'm not nessecarily one to really go out and try and find them, but I DO have hte chance and tendancy; to really spot them in a crowd.Nor

mally there is a certain pattern that comes with being a brony. Colors, shoapes, shirts, or actions that reflect the mane 6.

I am able to spot many of them, but I don't really like to go up and talk to them. Somtimes I get shy they'll take it the wrong way.

So...yeah I have BronyDar XD

Ehh....no I don't :P

I've only met 2 bronies so far. Both were pretty nerdy dudes. One was in my art class this past year and I only figured out he was one cause of drawings in his binder. The other one was in my friend's walking fitness class, I had a free period so I would go with him to that class. We were discussing ponies, he hated ponies, but would humor me and discuss them as I did the same with his shows that I hated. Anywho in the middle of a conversation me and my friend were talking about Pinkie Pie and this kid just stands up walks over to me is all "Fluttershy is best pony" and walks back to his seat and I'm just sitting with my friend like what the heck just happened.

Sort of. Alot of the time they spot me first cause I wear pony all the time but I'm good at spotting them as well. I have a really strong ponydar in general. I can spot a pony on anything anywhere within a mile away.

I found out that one of my friends was a brony cuz when we where on a computer project for school I signed in my mlp google account.we saw my profile picture and he told me : I did not know that you had vinyl scratch profile picture