Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open Ace of Bass

Spacey

@,
Spirit Watcher disappeared, and whispered in Spacer's ear (while still invisible) "I know a pony who would give you a run for your money." She said, and then she fazed into view. "BlackJack? I've played my fair share, but I wont play this time."

Shining Midnight motioned for the barkeep to come over. "Where's the owner of this mansion? The pony hiding in the group of ponies somewhere around here, or just not ready to come down yet?"

@@,

Spacer's ears twitched from Spirit's breath and thought about what she said while he looked at his cards. He knew he would have a small chance of getting the cards he needed so next time around he was sure to stay. "Afraid to play with the stallions?" He was jokingly and he leaned back to her and whispered "Who is this pony that would give me a run for my money? Not that I have much to lose"

@,

Spirit Watcher grinned "Very funny, but no. I just don't want to play any cards at the moment. And the pony I'm reffering goes by the name Bass Cannon. She already has 18 records out and currently working on 6 more. She'd really give you a run for your money."

"Pfff, I've seen that armour. The protection spell on it is powerful and real effective and all, but the actual armour craftmanship is near newbie stuff. I could hammer better. But this..." Sun brushed his hoof along the armour. "This is quality. Just look at the engravings on this. I know the spell doesn't work on good armour like this, for unicorny reasons, but if this had that spell, you'd be unstoppable AND good looking. Sheesh, the enemy would quake in their rusty metal boots at the thought..."

Clementia: So, um... where would we find the manager?

Anala: Easier said than done. Who has a mansion this friggin' large?

Riley trotted over to the group of ponies from earlier.

Riley: Excuse me again. Do you know where I could find the guy who owns this place?

(edited)

@@Comet Starflash,

Shining Midnight peers at Sun Stream with an irritated look "First of all, you haven't seen my armor, nor my friends armor, because the only armor we've made we destroyed almost right after testing, and we tested it in secrecy, so there was no possible way for you to see that armor. Second of all, if you did see it, your memory would've been erased from that event. Third of all, he could put that spell on any armor."

Edited by ~Immortal DJAlicorn~

@,

Spacer about fell back in his chair "18 records?! Ugh I haven't made a single one but its a work in progress, why do mares get all the talent..." he said sighing "Hard to find a good beat ponies will love"

@@Comet Starflash,

If Vision knew any better she believed that Sun was trying to hit on her but she kept it to herself and answered "That's very nice of you Sun but Shinning is right, my armor isn't the best but it has kept me alive to this day so I wouldn't trade it for anything." Vision didn't want to erase Sun's memory from knowing about top secret things. She herself had witnessed amazing technology that had been kept secret for hundreds of years. She wouldn't dare open her mouth to explain any of those secrets. She backed off so Sun would stop leaning on her and bowed to Shinning "If its okay with you sir, I would like to get some fresh air outside."

@,

Spirit Watcher looked to Spacer with an almost evil grin "I could call her over here if you want to meet her. I bet she'd even give you a few pointers." and Spirit winks at Spacer.

Shining Midnight looks to Vision "You don't have to ask me for permission for anything that doesn't have to do with me. I'm not like other military ponies, I really don't care what you do as long as it doesn't involve me." He says as he walks out of the Ballroom. He looks down the short hallway and says to himself "I wonder what's around that corner..." He then proceed's to go down the hall, and turn the corner. After, he continues walking down the maze of hallways. "Very odd paintings..."

"Hey! *whistle* a drink for the beut in the fine armour, of her choice. On me!" Sun shouts at the bar keeper. "In fact, I'll pay for whatever she wants." Sun finishes as he grabs a drink and places a bag of bits on the counter. He turns back and winks at Vision, leaning back on the bar once again.

Nopony seemed to have noticed his presence, so Riley decided he would go to the bar and ask the bartender questions concerning the whereabouts of the manager.

Riley: Hey, excuse me, barkeep, but do you know where I could find the guy who owns this place?

@,

Atlas tapped the table for a hit.

"I busted" He put his cards down. "Hurt me leg recently? No. It was years ago back when I was just starting doing what I do. My main menice at the time, a Griffon by the name of De Flanko, gave me this" He lifted his leg and pushed up the sleeve to show the large scar.

"I was after some old idol in some ruins. Well he also wanted it. I got it while I had a sword fight with him. It endede with him falling to a pack of timber wolves. I nearly lost my leg from this if it wasn't for a Zerba living out int he forest. I"m good friends with her now. Yuo grew up in Cloudsdale? That's were I lived"

@,@,

"Ooh, that's too bad." Thunder stated. "Well, you're out then..." Thunder said to Atlas. He then slowly pulled out a card. It was a ten of spades, which made him one over 21. "Aw ponyfeathers!" Thunder stated as he sort of spread his cards on the able a little annoyed. "Why is it that I have no luck in Blackjack?" Thunder asked himself facehoofing. 

@@@,

Spacer to notice to Spirit's words. "Hm that would be mighty nice if you did, she knows how to mix some tunes? Spin a record? Who am i kidding, she prolly does that and more" Turning towards Atlas he nodded. "Yup born and raised up in Cloudsdale and haven't regreted it to this day." He took a look at the scar he revealed. "Yikes, I'm glad you made it out alive friend." He said seeing that he won in Blackjack "If only I put money on this game, could have won some bits or so". He got up and stretched his wings out. "I think it's time for me to get a cider, any pony else in for one?" He leaned to Spirit as he passed her whispering "You get that Bass Cannon mare here and you got yourself a new best pony friend" he said with a small hint of laughter.

------------------------------------

@@Comet Starflash

Vision nodded to Shinning as he left the Ballroom and walked up to the bar where Sun was and shook her head. "You are some kind of crazy pony aren't you" She said smiling slightly. She ordered a glass of water. "Sorry but I cannot be drinking the night away on duty" She said taking a drink of her water licking her lips and noticed Sun had some sort of staring trance on her "Can I help you with something besides my armor being the best you have seen?" She said downing the rest of her water. She was so thirsty, she hadn't drank anything all day till now. Her body heat from wearing the armor was making her about reach the point of sweating. Ugh I need to get outside soon she thought to herself.

(edited)

Brad observed that Bella had mysteriously disappeared. Brad would find her later... and after the game that unfolded in front of him ended, he would try it. "Pretty sure this is pon'oon, but I'd 'ave ah go." Styrup then nearly leaped out of his own body when Bella silently prodded him "What'cha tryin 't do bell?"

In response, she simply said "I've...um... Done it." after a short pause and a confused look, Brad "ahhh"ed and motioned her to sit next to him.

Edited by Neutrino

"Apologies for staring. It's not just the armour. It's the stunning mare under it. You look pretty hot, and I mean that in both ways. You eer, wanna go outside?" Sun askes, gesturing toward the door. Whenever Vision turned and looked the other way Sun would take a good look and check her out.

@,
Spirit looks around the ballroom after hearing Spacer's answer, and doesn't see Shining anywhere. She goes out into the hall but still doesn't notice anything. She flies through the halls and eventually finds him peeking through a keyhole. "Hey, we're not supposed to be down here."
Shining looks to Spirit "You cannot stop the Royal Watcher from watching something, it's Celestial Law."
Spirit grabs Shining's hoof and pulls him down the hall, and stops next to the doorway to the ballroom. "Well I'm stopping you. For all you know, this could be Discord's mansion. Just stay in the ballroom for now."
Shining snorts with irritation "Fine."
Spirit lands next to him "Good. Now, get Bass Cannon over here."
Shining looks around the ballroom, and then back to Spirit "Why would I need to? She's already here. Back left corner when looking to the East."
Spirit flies up and looks, and does see Bass Cannon mingling. She flies over to Bass Cannon "Hey, I got someone you might want to meet."
Bass Cannon looks at Spirit "Alright, give me a second." She says as she finishes her drink and follows Spirit to Spacer.
Spirit taps on Spacer's shoulder "Spacer, meet Bass Cannon. Bass Cannon, meet Spacer."

@@Comet Starflash,

Vision couldn't believe what she heard, shes was called hot? She wasn't sure if she was blushing or not but hopefully not. Quickly nodding to Sun she trotted her way outside to a balcony looking over the front yard. She stripped all her armor down letting the cool blow over her mane, tail and dark coat. Taking in some deep breathes she looked out into the yard seeing nothing but vegetation "Its so isolated out here"

----------------------------------

@,

Spacer turned around and widened his eyes "That was fast...hello Bass Cannon, nice to meet you, heard you know how to work a turn table and more" He said with a wink, he was glad he found another pony here that had the same talent as himself.

@,
"Of course I know how to work a turn table. I could work 3 of them at once, and have a spare 2 just in case I needed them. And I haven't really heard anything about you or your work, care to tell me a little about you?" She says as she takes a seat next to him.

Shining Midnight, still irritated from earlier, walks to the bar and asks the barkeep for a cider. He knows he shouldn't be drinking, but it is his only day off for the next 7 months.

(edited)

@@

"Well...at least bits weren't on the line. This is why I don't bet bits on Blackjack, 'cause the same thing happens over and over again. I bust and its usually one over. It drives me, as Pinkie would say "loco in the coco." Thunder stated. He then gathered some electricity and made the cards levitate. He then made a card building with them, leaving it supported by his abilities.  

Edited by Thunder-Dash

(edited)

@,

Atlas was taken aback a little not as much as your regular pony but still a bit.

"How the hay did you do that? Have you been near any old, possibly magical ruins in your lifetime? Cause whatever you're doing is cool" Atlas watched him almost entranced by it. 

"You escape out of some evil scientist's lab? I've never seen anything like it... Well yes I have but that kinda possesed him with a demon or something and he nearly destroyed the planet but still"

Edited by Airbornepony

@,

"Nope, just struck by lightning. It happened when I was a little colt. Decided to go rescue this young pegasus who was stuck in a storm. As I was flying through, boom! I was struck by lightning. Didn't go down; instead, the strike was absorbed in my body. It hit so deep, that it changed my genetic code, granting me the ability to wield electricity and use it as magic." Thunder explained.  

Sun finished his drink, placing the glass on the bar. He followed Vision closely after her and stopped by the door onto the balcony. "Yah, I guess it is..." Sun walks onto the balcony and looks out beside Vision. "You would never think that the big city could be so quiet in some places. It's so peaceful. Mainly because of you and your work, we have you to thank for this." Sun says, keeping his eyes out on the horizon.

@

Taking a swig of his cider, Spacer replied "Well I am a work in progress, I'm always learning new techniques. Now I just do gigs at clubs that let me DJ, who knows if my music is popular but I enjoy tearing it up on the mix board" He said with a wink. "Not that you would know me, your name is Bass Cannon, thats awesome enough for you! I bet you know Vinyl Scratch, prolly even hang out with her. What I would give to talk to her is everything" He said with a chuckle. "Your probably just as good as her" He said taking another drink of his cider.

----------------------------

@@Comet Starflash,

Vision realized Sun wasn't so crazy all the time. He actually had a serious side to him. She tilted her head in his direction as he stared off into the horizon. "You know your not as bad of a Stallion as I thought you were, I appreciate being thanked for my services to you and every pony here" She said with a small smile. "Don't hear it very often"

-----------------------------

A chime of a glass was heard throughout the mansion's ballroom as a butler was at the source of it on a balcony overlooking the ballroom. "Excuse me mares and gentlestallions, I would like to thank you for coming out on this occasion and would like to thank the mayor for choosing this mansion for the gathering. If I could get everypony to huddle up into the ballroom floor I will introduce to you the owner of this fine mansion." As the butler waited he took sips of his wineglass.

"I guess I don't leave good first impressions... Everypony thinks I'm childish, I act like a little colt. But... That's how I deal with reality. Sometimes things are too serious for me to understand, so I act like it's a game just so my mind can comprehend." Sun looks deep into Vision's eyes. "I always screw things up and hurt ponies because I don't treat things seriously. I get the feeling that you think of me as a child..."

Sun completely ignores the butler and continues to just stare.

@@Comet Starflash,

"Truth is....I would love to be in your hoofs" She blushed due to the words she said but quickly clarified "Be in your hoofs as in personality wise. It's been forever since I had a fun time, it's all seriousness back in the royal guard, not much to do that's considered 'fun'" Staring back into Sun's eyes she added "You are perfect the way you are stallion" putting a hoof on Suns shoulder she leans in to his ear and whispers "and keep it that way" She said pulling away. She was about to say something else but her ears twitched at the butlers glass chime and looked in his direction. "Well I guess we should go back inside..." She started to put her armor back on leaving her helmet off. "Hopefully I don't overheat in this thing again" She laughed softly.