Adorkable

Have you even watched MLP

Pinkie Pie appeared in a MIRROR

She also can pull a cannon out of nowhere

Turn her head into a balloon

run as fast as RD can FLY

Fit her body into enormously small places

re-open the hole before the credits

can yank a near infinite supply of party materials and random items from anywhere

appear from place to place when characters like Cranky Doodle Donkey are trying to avoid her

Fit her eyeball through a lock hole

This is just SOME of her reality bending.

Let's also not forget the Pinkie Sense, which can predict almost anything before it happens.

That's great, except...

Pinkie Pie can't consciously control 90% of her abilities. I wish she could, it would make for some interesting fights. But having the ability to do something doesn't mean you can always actually do it on a whim. It's really like Psyduck's headache induced powers from Pokemon.

As for Twilight vs. Naruto

You are still wrong. Twilight has a near unlimited source of magic. Naruto has limited chakra. Twilight's gone up against a demon before and was still able to defeat her without magic (and don't start about the elements of harmony defeating them - without friendship, they are powerless. They need the friendship to activate it). Twilight has alicorn magic, as well as flight. Naruto, despite all his silly clones, would lose easily.

I don't really think you can argue this, seeing as how you've already pretty much admitted you haven't seen Naruto past a certain point. Twilight may have stomped Naruto at at a certain point, but things have changed...

Also, no, Twilight does not have "near unlimited magic", I don't know where you got that. Unless she has her friendship boost from the comics, though, it doesn't make a hairs-breadth of difference in this match-up.

Edited by Shimmer5000

That's great, except...

Pinkie Pie can't consciously control 90% of her abilities. I wish she could, it would make for some interesting fights. But having the ability to do something doesn't mean you can always actually do it on a whim. It's really like Psyduck's headache induced powers from Pokemon.

I don't really think you can argue this, seeing as how you've already pretty much admitted you haven't seen Naruto past a certain point. Twilight may have stomped Naruto at at a certain point, but things have changed...

Also, no, Twilight does not have "near unlimited magic", I don't know where you got that. Unless she has her friendship boost from the comics, though, it doesn't make a hairs-breadth of difference in this match-up.

I've done research on Naruto though.

There's only been ONE time she has been seen being limited in magical skill, during Season 1. Since then, she has become much stronger.

Naruto still loses, either way.

Furthermore, why would these two even be paired in a death battle? They have nothing in common.

Have you even watched MLP

Pinkie Pie appeared in a MIRROR

She also can pull a cannon out of nowhere

Turn her head into a balloon

run as fast as RD can FLY

Fit her body into enormously small places

re-open the hole before the credits

can yank a near infinite supply of party materials and random items from anywhere

appear from place to place when characters like Cranky Doodle Donkey are trying to avoid her

Fit her eyeball through a lock hole

This is just SOME of her reality bending.

Let's also not forget the Pinkie Sense, which can predict almost anything before it happens.

Wiz and Boomstick use parts of all of a character's history. The probably determined that having a GIANT DEMON would be a little too OP. So they used the Gaara from AFTER that part. And I know more about Naruto than you think. Despite not liking it series, I've picked up plenty from maining him in Smash Bros. fangame Super Smash Flash 2, because I like his playstyle.

I also like Bleach.

As for Twilight vs. Naruto

You are still wrong. Twilight has a near unlimited source of magic. Naruto has limited chakra. Twilight's gone up against a demon before and was still able to defeat her without magic (and don't start about the elements of harmony defeating them - without friendship, they are powerless. They need the friendship to activate it). Twilight has alicorn magic, as well as flight. Naruto, despite all his silly clones, would lose easily.

I never said there weren't inaccuracies. I just ask that you don't let blind anime bias prevent you from seeing both at the proper states. Superman and Goku are both incredibly powerful. I don't particularly have attachment to either (Always been a Batman fan, myself) so I have no bias there.

Now, as for your suggestions.

I won't go into detail, just who I think would win.

Dexter VS Jimmy Neutron - Tie.
Mandark VS Stewie Griffin - Stewie by a long shot.

The Beyonder VS The Presence - Beyonder.

Erza Scarlett VS Moka Akashiya - don't know either, no opinion

Portgas D. Ace VS Natsu Dragneel - Don't know either, no opinion.

Shrek VS Wreck-It Ralph - Ralph.

Perry The Platypus VS Rufus The Naked Molerat - Perry.
Orochimaru VS Mayuri Kurotsuchi - Don't know Mayuri, so no opinion.

Danny Phantom VS American Dragon Jake Long - Danny.

Grim (The Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy) VS Death (Regular Show) Grim.

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles VS The Power Rangers - TMNT.

Um.... Ocarina of Time Link can't use Fierce Deity outside of Termina. Hyrule Warriors is not canon.

You've made some good points here. I think I may start listening to you from now on. I see that you don't know much about Bleach though since you don't know who Mayuri is.

Regarding Twilight VS Naruto I think Shimmer5000 is right the more I've thought about it. To be fair I think it WOULD basically depend on which Twilight and which Naruto we're talking about. But I can't imagine why these two would be paired in a Death Battle.

@Dexter VS Jimmy Neutron - I'd say Dexter gets the win here cuz he's made alot more impressive things than Jimmy has. Though Jimmy's Inventions are still impressive.
@Mandark VS Stewie Griffin - Aside from Stewie's Time Machine Mandark has more impressive inventions I'd say.

@The Beyonder VS The Presence - The Beyonder is supposed to be the equivalent of God but The Presence actually IS God. And The Beyonder is both Omnipotent and Omniscient like God so I'd say it's a stalemate.

@Erza Scarlett VS Moka Akashiya - Erza Scarlett is the badass chick from Fairy Tale. And Moka Akashiya is the Fluttershy-like chick from Rosario + Vampire who has a badass Vampire alterego. I think I might have to go with Erza on this even though I like Moka way more. Erza has strength, magic and armor that is literally built for dealing with any and every kind of fight and opponent. Moka on the other hand only has super strength and a healing factor. That latter could most likely be countered by one of Erza's armors in her arsenal.

@Portgas D. Ace VS Natsu Dragneel - Portgas D. Ace is Luffy's adopted older brother from One Piece. Natsu is the protagonist of the anime called Fairy Tale.

@Shrek VS Wreck-It Ralph - Though Shrek is a big strong ogre I agree with you that Ralph has the advantage.

@Perry The Platypus VS Rufus The Naked Molerat - Agreed.
@Orochimaru VS Mayuri Kurotsuchi - Mayuri is a Soul Reaper captain from Bleach.

@Danny Phantom VS American Dragon Jake Long - Agreed. Yeah I'd say Danny has a big edge in this fight.

@Grim (The Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy) VS Death (Regular Show) - I'm honestly not sure here.

@Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles VS The Power Rangers - The Power Rangers honestly seem superior. Though I have to admit I would root for the TMNT cuz I like them more.

But I actually do agree with almost everything you've said here. I might want to get your opinions on Future Death Battles. And I'd actually really love to hear why you thinks these said characters would win. Not because I think you're wrong but because I want to hear the points you will make about it. As I said I agree with you on most of this.

And I will also admit that I can understand why you would accuse me of being biased since most anime fans seem to be. Though I will admit that I DO like Goku just a bit more than Superman I am by no means speaking with bias when I say that I think he seems more powerful. And I really don't see Superman being durable enough to tank literally ALL of Goku's attacks with no damage like they had him do in that video. Because he has been shown to be physically hurt by strong characters before like Darksied, Doomsday, Mongul, Shazam and Black Adam etc. Heck even Wonderwoman has kicked Superman's ass at some points.

I feel I should also point out though that research is not always the equivalent of actually watching the said anime or show to know about it.

Why would Gaara's demon be considered too OP though yet Superman's comic feats aren't?

And how much of Bleach have you seen may I ask?

Edited by Asbel Lhant
  • Brohoof 1

I've done research on Naruto though.

So you realize that he's capable of moving across countries in seconds, and that he can go toe-to-toe with people who can turn continents into dust and slice moons in half, right? Twilight dies before she can process a thought.

Furthermore, why would these two even be paired in a death battle? They have nothing in common.

Same reason as Rainbow Dash vs Starscream, likely. Because it's funny, and that draws crowds.

• Brohoof 1

@, I just wanna take a moment to apologize for sounding like a jerk...You were right and I was wrong...Also I've been a bit down in the dumps lately cuz I recently lost my best friend on here... =( So yeah that might explain some of why I'm a bit irritable... :blush:

But anyway more ideas:

Bruce Lee VS Jackie Chan
Chuck Norris VS Mr. T
Davey Crockett VS Daniel Boone
Monkey D. Luffy VS Popeye The Sailor
Underdog VS Monkey (The Superhero from Dexter's Laboratory)
Kirby VS Pac-Man
Frozone VS Sub-Zero
Dr. Gru VS Megamind

• Brohoof 2

I like that idea. I like it a lot.

And I'm thinking this is how it would go:

Wiz: Alright, the combatants are set. Let’s settle this debate once and for all.

Boomstick: It’s time for a DEATH BATTLE!!!

--

All was calm as a massive galleon cruised across the ocean's surface, its lion-head bowsprit and straw-hat wearing Jolly Roger noticeable anywhere. From its deck, one could hear merry music from a fiddle, and the members of the crew either singing or dancing along to it.

Joining them in the festivities was the captain of this ship known to all as "Thousand Sunny". That captain was none other than the famed Straw-Hat Luffy.

The song came to an end and the skeletal fiddler took a bow, his art complete. If he had a proper face, he would have smiled at the cheers.

“WOW!” Luffy said with a broad smile, “Play it again!”

Yet as the crew celebrated, a simple-looking steamboat was coming across their path up ahead. At first, the crew paid no mind to it. That all changed because, just when the skeleton was about to draw his bow across the strings of his instrument, another tune cut across him, catching the immediate attention of the ship's captain.

The song in the distance sounded a little something like this...

I'm Popeye the Sailor Man

Popeye the Sailor Man

I'm strong to the finich,

‘cause I eats me spinach

I'm one tough Gazookus, which hates all Palookas.

Wot ain't on the up and square.

I biffs 'em and buffs 'em and always out roughs 'em

but none of 'em gets nowhere.

If anyone dares-es to risk me fist,

It's "Boff" an' it's "Wham" un'erstan'?

So keep "Good Be-hav-or", That's your one life saver

With Popeye the Sailor Man.

Popeye the Sailor Man.

‘cause I eats me spinach.

I'm Popeye the Sailor Man!

Luffy growled in frustration. Not only did he not like the music (for reasons beyond even the most brilliant mind in the world), but it had cut off a perfectly good song from Brook.

“HEY!” Luffy shouted, hoping the owner of the boat would hear him, “You’re interrupting our music!”

On receiving no response, Luffy was prepared to put an end to it personally. One of his crew, a gorgeous redheaded woman, seemed to sense this.

“Oh no,” Nami said, shaking her head furiously, “Don’t even think about it. Just leave the ship alone, it’s not even attacking or bothering us!”

Too late. Luffy had pulled back a fist and sent it rocketing at the ship, creating a massive hole in its side. It slowed and then slowly began to sink.

On the sinking ship’s deck, the man singing the song was not amused. His surprisingly-twisted face twisted even more as he looked around for what had caused his vessel damage. Popeye squinted and then spotted it: a massive galleon, the only one around for miles.

“Why those no good, stinkin’ pirates! I needs to teach ‘em a lesson they won’ts forget!” Popeye growled, then dove into the sea and swam towards the ship.

Back on the Thousand Sunny, Luffy nodded with satisfaction. “Good. I hated those guys.”

“Wha?! You didn’t even know them!” Nami snapped, trying not to scream at her captain. Sometimes what went through his mind was beyond any of his crew.

Something tapped him on the shoulder and Luffy turned around…only to have a fist nail him in the chin. The resulting impact sent him careening into the air and he sailed in a massive arc to land with a “thud” and a dust cloud on an island off in the distance.

“Don’t get yer hopes up, kid, ‘cuz I ain’t through with ya!” Popeye added, then dove back into the sea and swam after him.

Nami was shocked at what she had seen. She had been through some crazy stuff, but this was new even to her.

(meanwhile…)

Luffy pulled himself out of the sandy shore of the island and looked around. “Where am I? And what just happened? Last thing I remember is this fist coming into my face…”

“Hey! You!”

Luffy turned to see Popeye storming towards him, stopping a few yards away, his fists clenched. Not quite sure what to make of this guy, Luffy tilted his head to the side curiously.

“Who are you?” the Straw-Hat captain asked.

“I’m Popeye the Sailor man.” Popeye answered, tooting his pipe like a whistle twice, then asked, “Who are you?”

“My name is Luffy, and I’m gonna be the King of the Pirates.” Luffy answered with a smile.

“Pirate,huh?Guessitmakessensewhyhesunkmyboat…” Popeye muttered (without even moving his lips at that), then returned to his normal voice, “Well, for wreckin’ my boat, I gotta hurt ya, kid.”

“You wanna fight?” Luffy asked, then put up a fist and smiled again, “Well, bring it on! I don’t plan on dying today!”

“Bring it on, ya little squirt! It’s time for me to roughs ya up!” Popeye said, hunching forward ready for battle.

The time had come for a showdown for the world’s most powerful pirate and the most powerful sailor: a battle to determine the King of the Seas.

FIGHT!

“Gum-Gum…” Luffy pulled back a fist, then threw it at Popeye on an elongated arm, “Pistol!”

The fist flew forward like a bullet and Popeye only just managed to sidestep it. As Luffy retracted his arm, Popeye actually followed it, pulled back a fist of his own and slammed it into Luffy’s visage.

Luffy’s neck stretched backward, taking his head with it and snapped back into place…only to meet Popeye’s fist yet again, resulting in the same event again, and again, and again in a comedic fashion.

Luffy had had enough and, the next time his head stretched back on his neck, he saw a nearby palm tree, opened his mouth, and latched his teeth into its bark. After a moment of tension, in which Popeye wondered just why Luffy’s head wasn’t coming back for a good “biffin’ and boffin’” as he put it, Luffy’s body shot backward so fast that it seemed to teleport.

Luffy let the recoil of his body returning wear off, then launched his rubbery fist at Popeye again. Popeye evaded yet again, but this was not Luffy’s intention. He actually opened his hand to latch onto a boulder behind Popeye, pulled himself back a bit, then let go.

“Gum-Gum…” Luffy said, extending his free arm, “SICKLE!” Popeye’s eyes widened as Luffy’s arm slammed into his neck at high speed, sending Popeye into the rock behind him.

Popeye hit the rock with enough force to leave an imprint of himself, yet the groan he emitted as he peeled off it gave an indication that he survived. Luffy was not going to let up, though, and latched onto Popeye, his rubbery arms and legs wrapping around the cockeyed sailor’s limbs.

“Gum-Gum…” Luffy said, pulling back his head, stretching his elastic neck to gain momentum, “BELL!”

Moments before Luffy’s head rocketed back, Popeye had an idea. He pulled back his own head (not as far as Luffy’s, though) and the two craniums collided. The vibrations form the impact coursed through both of their bodies and, while Luffy didn’t complain in the slightest, all Popeye did was grumble at the pain…and showed no sign of injury.

“Okay, ya little runt, how’s about I heat things up?” Popeye said, then turned his corncob pipe upside down, took a deep breath, then blew into the pipe.

Rather than emit a huge cloud of smoke, the corncob pipe emitted a small flame akin to a welding torch. The flame jetted out, striking Luffy right on the shirt. The part that was struck quickly burst into flame and Luffy, with a yelp, sprang off and began trying to put it out.

Popeye shook himself loose, then charged Luffy and sprang into the unlikeliest place one would imagine: right under Luffy’s shirt…where he seemed to disappear. Luffy stared, wide-eyed, at what the sailor accomplished and searched under his article of clothing wildly for his opponent, yet he was nowhere to be seen.

Tap, tap…

Luffy turned to his right, feeling someone tap him on the shoulder…and was met with a fist to his face from a familiar, anchor-tattooed arm. Mentioned arm then retreated back to where it came from: just under the right part of his collar. Luffy grabbed at it, but only found empty space. Yet, as he pulled back after grabbing thin air, the same muscular arm popped out from under his sleeve and pinched his nose, as though honking a bike horn.

Luffy turned to his right, feeling someone tap him on the shoulder…and was met with a fist to his face from a familiar, anchor-tattooed arm. Mentioned arm then retreated back to where it came from: just under the right part of his collar. Luffy grabbed at it, but only found empty space. Yet, as he pulled back after grabbing thin air, the same muscular arm popped out from under his sleeve and pinched his nose, as though honking a bike horn.

After a split-second of surprise, Luffy quickly got the idea and grabbed the arm. “A-ha! I gotcha!” he exclaimed in triumph.

“Oh, no ya don’t.” Popeye replied from inside Luffy’s shirt, “I’ve got YOU.”

Luffy raised a brow, then attempted to pull the legendary sailor out of his shirt. One could imagine his shock, though, when he stopped for a second and an even stronger force pulled his arm further down his shirt. Luffy gritted his teeth and pulled with all his might, yet couldn’t dislodge Popeye.

Luffy’s straining halted when, suddenly, he lost his grip on Popeye’s wrist like he was holding a greased eel and, comically, fell flat out on his back from the change of force. Popeye hopped out, then prepared to sock it to Luffy from above only to see his rubbery adversary roll backward and stretch both his arms behind him.

“Gum-Gum…BAZOOKA!”

At the peak of their back-stretch, both of Luffy’s hands sprang forward and slammed into Popeye’s midsection. The sailor bent forward, the wind getting blasted from his lungs, then rocketed backward into the lightly-wooded area further inland.

Popeye landed, noggin-first, into the trunk of a palm tree then fell to the ground like a plank of wood being dropped. He picked himself up, then jumped slightly as a pair of hands grabbed a pair of trees not far from him.

“Gum-Gum ROCKET!!!”

Popeye wound up a punch just as the arms retracted, slinging Luffy at Popeye like a bullet. Before Luffy came too close, a fist planted itself firmly into his chin. Luffy flew up in an arc before falling back to the ground, his still-elongated arms comically falling onto him in a rubbery heap.

Luffy freed himself of the tangled mess of his arms, then pulled back his right leg like he was ready to kick a soccer ball. “Gum-Gum STAMP!” When Luffy threw his leg forward, everything from the calf down extended forward like a spear, Luffy’s sandal-clad foot nailing Popeye right in the chest.

Popeye’s back slammed into a rock and, when he looked down, he saw a very distinctive footprint in his chest. After mumbling something about how expensive it would be to get removed, he jumped into the air and came back down, spinning in a reverse-pirouette to drill into the ground below him.

Luffy stared, wide-eyed in wonder, at what Popeye had just accomplished. “WOW! What kind of fruit did he eat?” he asked in astonishment.

Luffy felt something coming, then hopped out of the way just as Popeye burst from the ground beneath him. Popeye’s fist hit air as he sprang out, leaving him open.

“Gum-Gum SHOTGUN!” Luffy said, throwing out a fist, then twanging it. It looked like multiple fists had struck from just one arm.

Popeye merely reached out and seized Luffy around the wrist, halting the twanging. “You’re a slick one, rubber-boy, but let’s have us a little fun now.” With that said, Popeye raised Luffy’s arm, then brought it sharply back down like a whip, sending a wave right down the length of the arm.

The resulting force flipped Luffy on his back with a yelp in surprise. The next moment, he was tugged right at Popeye, who proceeded to twirl Luffy around like a lasso (even going to the liberty of performing a few tricks worthy of wild-west cowboys) and tossing him away.

Luffy landed, cat-footed, on his feet and made the conclusion that, in his current condition, he wasn’t going to win. He closed his eyes in focus, then snapped them open as steam began to flow from his legs. In the blink of an eye, he was right in front of Popeye and before the mighty sailor could comprehend it.

“Gum-Gum Jet Stamp!”

Popeye rocketed backward, his eyes not even catching just what had happened. All he knew was that he felt like he had been hit full in the chest by a charging train. As he tumbled to a halt, he only had time to get up before he caught sight of something.

His corncob pipe almost fell out of his mouth as a giant fist, comparable in size to a massive tree trunk, raised itself high into the air. “Gum-Gum GIANT PISTOL!”

Popeye yelped in surprise, then ran as fast as he could to the side just as the giant fist flew at him. The fist smashed through the ground like it was cheap glass, then retracted. Popeye took quick advantage of his opponent’s need to retract and, as the giant arm deflated and retracted back to its owner, Popeye held on tightly, hitching a ride to his rubbery opponent.

Popeye hopped off the appendage as soon as Luffy was in sight, then threw a flurry of punches at Luffy. Much to his frustration, Luffy sidestepped each attack as if he knew it was coming.

Luffy decided to put an end to Popeye’s assault and shouted, “Gum-Gum BALLOON!” With that, Luffy’s entire torso inflated into a giant, flesh-colored ball. The minute Popeye’s fist made contact with it, it bounced off. The recoil sent Popeye stumbling backward, and Luffy seized his chance.

“Gum-Gum JET GATLING!” Luffy leaned forward and his arms were suddenly a blur that began to pummel Popeye, who could only put up his arms to shield himself…if only a little bit.

“I can’t stands no more!” Popeye managed to get out before the punches broke past his defense and sent him flying backward.

Popeye skidded to a halt and now knew that, if there ever was a situation for his trump card, that situation was “NOW”. “Alright, you got a few circus acts. Guess what? I gots a few, too.” Popeye said, ready to meet this challenge with one of his own.

Popeye reached into his abnormally-deep pants pocket and pulled out a large tin can labeled “Spinach”. He gave the can a good squeeze until it burst open at the top, its green contents flying into the air. It came back down right into Popeye’s gaping mouth.

After munching down on the spinach for a brief moment, Popeye swallowed and the effects of eating his greens were instantaneous. His whole body flowed with a new energy and he flexed his muscle, forcing a bicep up to preposterous levels.

As for the metaphorical image you see in that muscle every time Popeye eats spinach? It was Goku firing off a Kamehameha.

Anyhoo, Popeye saw a pair of hands had reached just behind him and seize two trees behind him and had a good idea as to what was coming. He braced himself, his whole body composition morphing to resemble a Popeye statue made entirely of brick.

“Gum-Gum Jet Rocket!”

Luffy collided with Popeye at sonic-speeds, intent on finishing him off here and now with a powerful headbutt. One could imagine his surprise when, rather than send Popeye into agony and/or death, he ricocheted off with a bell-like “dong”. Popeye seemed completely unscathed while Luffy lay on his back, clutching his now-aching skull.

It was truly odd to him. Most of Popeye’s previous blows hadn’t even hurt him at all, yet he just now withstood one of Luffy’s stronger attacks AND did something that managed to hurt him.

Luffy roared back to his feet and unleashed another “Gum-Gum Jet Gatling” on Popeye, hoping to pummel him again. Popeye’s response was to wind up both of his fists and actually MIRROR him. The sailor man’s fists were now also blurs and met Luffy fist-for-fist.

Luffy, now really starting to get ticked that this guy was matching him, pulled back his fists and called off the attack. He then twisted his right arm like a corkscrew and shouted “Gum-Gum JET RIFLE!”

The Jet Rifle flew at Popeye…who merely reached up and caught his fist without wavering. The energy behind the arm’s now-spiraling form was suddenly released, resulting in Luffy spinning around like a propeller before sailing off to his right when Popeye let go.

Luffy landed on his feet, then forced as much air into his arms as he could. “Gum-Gum GIANT GATLING!”

Popeye put both of his thumbs in his mouth, took a deep breath, then actually mirrored Luffy again. In seconds, both his anchor-tattooed arms were the same size as Luffy’s. Again, Popeye had the Strawhat Captain matched move-for-move.

Then Popeye opened one of his hands and caught Luffy’s own by the wrist. With a “flick”, Luffy was catapulted high into the air before slamming back down on the ground. Next thing he knew, he was jerked towards Popeye and before he could put up any adequate defense, Popeye’s other gigantic fist slammed into him.

The resulting impact sent Luffy tumbling across the ground, skidding to a halt on a sandy beach. If his Gears wouldn’t work, then he’d have to use his ultimate techniques. It was time for using some Armament Haki.

Luffy stretched back an arm, the area from his fist down to his forearm turning the color of a cannonball, then shouted “Gum-Gum BULLET!”

Both of Popeye’s eyes widened as a pitch-black fist slammed into his visage, sending him rocketing into the air. Yet, as Popeye flew above the treetops, he was readying a counterattack. He twirled his pipe around until it faced his feet, took a deep breath, then exhaled out his smoking utensil as hard as he could.

A jet of flame erupted from the rather small object and, within seconds, Popeye had halted his backward-going momentum and flew forward like a rocket. Luffy shrieked in surprise as Popeye came at him with a barrage of punches to the pirate’s face. Normally, this would be no threat, but the Observation Haki seemed oddly ineffective. This was because of Luffy being completely caught by surprise and the fact that Popeye (and every punch he threw) was, somehow, moving far too fast for that particular form to be effective. Worse still, just like the last time, Popeye was somehow managing to hurt Luffy with pure blunt force alone…without Haki, no less.

Popeye only halted his barrage of punches only to sock Luffy full into the air with a sharp uppercut. While waiting for Luffy to come down, Popeye took his right wrist in his left hand and twisted his whole arm until it resembled a large piece of rope. Then, as Luffy came down, he slammed it into the pirate captain’s midsection, pinning Luffy to a tree. As an added effect, his twisted arm untwisted, spinning Luffy fast enough to buff the bark off the tree…and eventually splinter it under the force.

Luffy hit the ground, but was back on his feet, fuming with rage. “Gum-Gum…” Luffy’s fist grew to giant proportions yet again, only this time it was pitch-black with the Armament Haki, “ELEPHANT PISTOL!” With that exclamation, Luffy threw his fist forward. He'd like to see the anchor-armed sailor top THIS.

Popeye spotted the giant, obsidian hand coming at him like a gigantic cannonball, ready to blow him away, yet did not attempt to move out of the way in the slightest. He wound up a fist, spinning it fast enough that it could have been a propeller. When he was fully wound up, and Luffy’s fist was inches away from splattering him all over the island, Popeye launched his fist forward, making contact with the black surface.

A tremor went down the entire length of the arm and, for a split second, nothing appeared to have happened. Then the black surface of the arm actually cracked like an eggshell. Just a few appeared at first, then it spread and spread quickly until the Armament Haki literally shattered like glass.

The force of the impact jarred Luffy to the point that he fell on his seat. He then charged Popeye, his legs pumping him as fast as he could go. As he ran, he stretched an arm behind him that started out pitch-black, but quickly turned bright gold before being completely engulfed in flames.

“Gum-Gum REDHAWK!”

Too late.  Popeye spotted him, saw his flaming appendage, then took a deep breath and blew as hard as he could. The resulting flow of air was comparable to a hurricane wind…if it was much, MUCH stronger. Not only did the winds slow Luffy to a crawl, they also extinguished the fire on his arm like he was blowing out a birthday candle.

“Yes,birthdaywishesandall.Timetofinishyaoff,squirt.” Popeye grumbled, then socked the oncoming boy in the chin again, sending him up into the air once more.

This time, he made sure this would be the last time.

When Popeye spotted Luffy coming back down, he dug his fingers into the ground and pulled as hard as he could. At first glance, one would think that he was going to pull open a crevice in the ground.

WRONG.

Popeye pulled and pulled when, with a paper-like ripping sound, the very page you are reading this fight on tore right across the page. “Let’s see ya come back from THIS, ‘soon-to-be King of Pirates’.”

Luffy was just coming back down when he spotted oblivion awaiting him where he intended to land. He yelped as he fell down the crevice, then reached up with an elongated arm and just grabbed the edge of the tear.

Popeye spotted him and emitted a disgruntled growl, but then rubbed his hands together as an idea came to him. “Oh, look! Piggies!”

Popeye walked over to Luffy’s fingers, then wedged his thumb under his index finger. “This little piggy went to market…” With a “twang”, he pried the finger loose and Luffy’s eyes widened.

“Gum-Gum Pistol!” Luffy shot his other arm in an attempt to dislodge Popeye or get another grip to help himself up.

“Quit it, ya little whelp!” Popeye said, casually swatting the rubbery limb away, “I’m tryin’ to count piggies! This little piggy stayed home…” He pried Luffy’s middle finger loose.

“Gum-Gum Rocket!” Luffy said, his arm retracting, ready to spring him up and headbutt the cockeyed sailor…only to be met with the same fate as his hand.

“I said ‘cut it out’!” Popeye said, grouchily, socking Luffy back down to dangle from his last two fingers. “THIS little piggy had roast beef…” Luffy was now dangling from his pinky and could only watch in horror as Popeye said the last six words he would ever hear.

“And this little piggy had NONE.”

Popeye dislodged Luffy’s final finger and the captain of the Strawhat Pirates fell off the page into the whiteness of oblivion. His screams died down as he fell…forever.

“Hey, author! Stop bein’ so grim!” Popeye shouted, “And patch this up, will ya?”

Oh! Certainly!

At that point, a human hand with a sewing needle and thread went to work. Within a few seconds, it had patched up the page. To make sure it was safe, Popeye set foot on it: sturdy as a rock.

Popeye sighed in relief, then dove into the water. A brief moment later, he had hauled the entire wreckage of his boat out of the water and set to work repairing it.

K.O.!!!

--

Boomstick: (pause) What the heck did I just see?

Wiz: I’m not entirely sure, but at least we have a winner. While Luffy is, without a doubt, one of the strongest people to have ever taken to the sea, Popeye’s savvy, cartoon-level durability, and spinach ultimately triumphed.

Boomstick: Luffy would not likely make the connection of Popeye’s strength and spinach (even if he DOES sing it in his song) because Popeye saves it as a last resort. Plus, the entire thing played out like a Popeye cartoon.

Wiz: Luffy would make short work of Popeye when he was in base form, Gears Second and Third and his Haki would ensure that. However, when Popeye ate his spinach, his strength, speed, durability, and powers exceed that of ANY One Piece character.

Boomstick: How do those stats hold up? For starters, Popeye was strong enough to move the entire EARTH, which (as “Goku vs. Superman” stated) means he can lift up to 6.6 quintillion tons, exceeding just about ANY of Luffy’s feats of strength. Taking into consideration that Armament Haki can be broken with enough force, this means that Popeye is MORE than strong enough to break through it.

Wiz: Popeye also once flew from the moon to Earth in under five seconds. This means that his top speed is at least Mach 13, but it IS likely that he can go faster; fast enough to fight past the effects of Observation Haki. Popeye has also dealt with supernatural entities, like ghosts and genies, so the Devil Fruits would likely mean nothing to him when spinach-fueled.

Boomstick: And before you bring up the Conqueror’s Haki, Popeye has both a strong will and a power level equal to, or greater than, that of Luffy’s. Crack your own Dragonball Z joke here.

Wiz: Now, we can argue about feats of strength, speed, and all that. In the end, it cannot decide what either Luffy or Popeye are capable of. They’re both great heroes known for getting out of dire situations with their fists alone. The difference is their character. Luffy is not, has not, and never will be invincible. He has limits, obvious weaknesses, and his story is partly him overcoming the problems to make himself stronger. Meanwhile, Popeye’s is different. When a situation is dire, he uses something to make him capable of doing whatever needs to be done. In short, Popeye is as strong as he needs to be.

Boomstick: Going “Goku vs. Superman” again?

Wiz: What? Look at it and tell me if it isn’t similar.

Boomstick: I-(pause) Wow…you’re right.

Wiz: So, what happens when you pit a guy known for pushing his limits against a guy who has no real limit as to what he can or can’t do? Well, only Luffy has limits to begin with.

Boomstick: It was a good fight, but victory was just too much of a stretch even for Luffy. Now let's prepare to clean our inbox of all the nasty e-mails we're, undoubtedly, going to get from the One Piece fans...

Wiz: The winner is Popeye.

• Brohoof 2

Next Battle will be Shrek vs Hulk

Shreks speed, strength and durability

will be able to match hulks and his ogre

roar will be able to counter his thunderclap

Shrek can also breathe in space and

water because hes an ogre, and therefore

he is magic. In the end Shrek uses the

magic potion from shrek 2 to turn

hulk back into Bruce Banner and then

Shrek punches a hole through him

KO

• Brohoof 1

On 2/12/2015 at 11:18 AM, Asbel Lhant said:

And I'm thinking this is how it would go:

Wiz: Alright, the combatants are set. Let’s settle this debate once and for all.

--

All was calm as a massive galleon cruised across the ocean's surface, its lion-head bowsprit and straw-hat wearing Jolly Roger noticeable anywhere. From its deck, one could hear merry music from a fiddle, and the members of the crew either singing or dancing along to it.

Joining them in the festivities was the captain of this ship known to all as "Thousand Sunny". That captain was none other than the famed Straw-Hat Luffy.

The song came to an end and the skeletal fiddler took a bow, his art complete. If he had a proper face, he would have smiled at the cheers.

“WOW!” Luffy said with a broad smile, “Play it again!”

Yet as the crew celebrated, a simple-looking steamboat was coming across their path up ahead. At first, the crew paid no mind to it. That all changed because, just when the skeleton was about to draw his bow across the strings of his instrument, another tune cut across him, catching the immediate attention of the ship's captain.

The song in the distance sounded a little something like this...

Popeye the Sailor Man

‘cause I eats me spinach

I'm one tough Gazookus, which hates all Palookas.

Wot ain't on the up and square.

I biffs 'em and buffs 'em and always out roughs 'em

but none of 'em gets nowhere.

If anyone dares-es to risk me fist,

It's "Boff" an' it's "Wham" un'erstan'?

So keep "Good Be-hav-or", That's your one life saver

With Popeye the Sailor Man.

Popeye the Sailor Man.

‘cause I eats me spinach.

I'm Popeye the Sailor Man!

Luffy growled in frustration. Not only did he not like the music (for reasons beyond even the most brilliant mind in the world), but it had cut off a perfectly good song from Brook.

“HEY!” Luffy shouted, hoping the owner of the boat would hear him, “You’re interrupting our music!”

On receiving no response, Luffy was prepared to put an end to it personally. One of his crew, a gorgeous redheaded woman, seemed to sense this.

“Oh no,” Nami said, shaking her head furiously, “Don’t even think about it. Just leave the ship alone, it’s not even attacking or bothering us!”

Too late. Luffy had pulled back a fist and sent it rocketing at the ship, creating a massive hole in its side. It slowed and then slowly began to sink.

On the sinking ship’s deck, the man singing the song was not amused. His surprisingly-twisted face twisted even more as he looked around for what had caused his vessel damage. Popeye squinted and then spotted it: a massive galleon, the only one around for miles.

“Why those no good, stinkin’ pirates! I needs to teach ‘em a lesson they won’ts forget!” Popeye growled, then dove into the sea and swam towards the ship.

Back on the Thousand Sunny, Luffy nodded with satisfaction. “Good. I hated those guys.”

“Wha?! You didn’t even know them!” Nami snapped, trying not to scream at her captain. Sometimes what went through his mind was beyond any of his crew.

Something tapped him on the shoulder and Luffy turned around…only to have a fist nail him in the chin. The resulting impact sent him careening into the air and he sailed in a massive arc to land with a “thud” and a dust cloud on an island off in the distance.

“Don’t get yer hopes up, kid, ‘cuz I ain’t through with ya!” Popeye added, then dove back into the sea and swam after him.

Nami was shocked at what she had seen. She had been through some crazy stuff, but this was new even to her.

(meanwhile…)

Luffy pulled himself out of the sandy shore of the island and looked around. “Where am I? And what just happened? Last thing I remember is this fist coming into my face…”

“Hey! You!”

Luffy turned to see Popeye storming towards him, stopping a few yards away, his fists clenched. Not quite sure what to make of this guy, Luffy tilted his head to the side curiously.

“Who are you?” the Straw-Hat captain asked.

“I’m Popeye the Sailor man.” Popeye answered, tooting his pipe like a whistle twice, then asked, “Who are you?”

“My name is Luffy, and I’m gonna be the King of the Pirates.” Luffy answered with a smile.

“Pirate,huh?Guessitmakessensewhyhesunkmyboat…” Popeye muttered (without even moving his lips at that), then returned to his normal voice, “Well, for wreckin’ my boat, I gotta hurt ya, kid.”

“You wanna fight?” Luffy asked, then put up a fist and smiled again, “Well, bring it on! I don’t plan on dying today!”

“Bring it on, ya little squirt! It’s time for me to roughs ya up!” Popeye said, hunching forward ready for battle.

The time had come for a showdown for the world’s most powerful pirate and the most powerful sailor: a battle to determine the King of the Seas.

FIGHT!

“Gum-Gum…” Luffy pulled back a fist, then threw it at Popeye on an elongated arm, “Pistol!”

The fist flew forward like a bullet and Popeye only just managed to sidestep it. As Luffy retracted his arm, Popeye actually followed it, pulled back a fist of his own and slammed it into Luffy’s visage.

Luffy’s neck stretched backward, taking his head with it and snapped back into place…only to meet Popeye’s fist yet again, resulting in the same event again, and again, and again in a comedic fashion.

Luffy had had enough and, the next time his head stretched back on his neck, he saw a nearby palm tree, opened his mouth, and latched his teeth into its bark. After a moment of tension, in which Popeye wondered just why Luffy’s head wasn’t coming back for a good “biffin’ and boffin’” as he put it, Luffy’s body shot backward so fast that it seemed to teleport.

Luffy let the recoil of his body returning wear off, then launched his rubbery fist at Popeye again. Popeye evaded yet again, but this was not Luffy’s intention. He actually opened his hand to latch onto a boulder behind Popeye, pulled himself back a bit, then let go.

“Gum-Gum…” Luffy said, extending his free arm, “SICKLE!” Popeye’s eyes widened as Luffy’s arm slammed into his neck at high speed, sending Popeye into the rock behind him.

Popeye hit the rock with enough force to leave an imprint of himself, yet the groan he emitted as he peeled off it gave an indication that he survived. Luffy was not going to let up, though, and latched onto Popeye, his rubbery arms and legs wrapping around the cockeyed sailor’s limbs.

“Gum-Gum…” Luffy said, pulling back his head, stretching his elastic neck to gain momentum, “BELL!”

Moments before Luffy’s head rocketed back, Popeye had an idea. He pulled back his own head (not as far as Luffy’s, though) and the two craniums collided. The vibrations form the impact coursed through both of their bodies and, while Luffy didn’t complain in the slightest, all Popeye did was grumble at the pain…and showed no sign of injury.

“Okay, ya little runt, how’s about I heat things up?” Popeye said, then turned his corncob pipe upside down, took a deep breath, then blew into the pipe.

Rather than emit a huge cloud of smoke, the corncob pipe emitted a small flame akin to a welding torch. The flame jetted out, striking Luffy right on the shirt. The part that was struck quickly burst into flame and Luffy, with a yelp, sprang off and began trying to put it out.

Popeye shook himself loose, then charged Luffy and sprang into the unlikeliest place one would imagine: right under Luffy’s shirt…where he seemed to disappear. Luffy stared, wide-eyed, at what the sailor accomplished and searched under his article of clothing wildly for his opponent, yet he was nowhere to be seen.

Tap, tap…

After a split-second of surprise, Luffy quickly got the idea and grabbed the arm. “A-ha! I gotcha!” he exclaimed in triumph.

“Oh, no ya don’t.” Popeye replied from inside Luffy’s shirt, “I’ve got YOU.”

Luffy raised a brow, then attempted to pull the legendary sailor out of his shirt. One could imagine his shock, though, when he stopped for a second and an even stronger force pulled his arm further down his shirt. Luffy gritted his teeth and pulled with all his might, yet couldn’t dislodge Popeye.

Luffy’s straining halted when, suddenly, he lost his grip on Popeye’s wrist like he was holding a greased eel and, comically, fell flat out on his back from the change of force. Popeye hopped out, then prepared to sock it to Luffy from above only to see his rubbery adversary roll backward and stretch both his arms behind him.

“Gum-Gum…BAZOOKA!”

At the peak of their back-stretch, both of Luffy’s hands sprang forward and slammed into Popeye’s midsection. The sailor bent forward, the wind getting blasted from his lungs, then rocketed backward into the lightly-wooded area further inland.

Popeye landed, noggin-first, into the trunk of a palm tree then fell to the ground like a plank of wood being dropped. He picked himself up, then jumped slightly as a pair of hands grabbed a pair of trees not far from him.

“Gum-Gum ROCKET!!!”

Popeye wound up a punch just as the arms retracted, slinging Luffy at Popeye like a bullet. Before Luffy came too close, a fist planted itself firmly into his chin. Luffy flew up in an arc before falling back to the ground, his still-elongated arms comically falling onto him in a rubbery heap.

Luffy freed himself of the tangled mess of his arms, then pulled back his right leg like he was ready to kick a soccer ball. “Gum-Gum STAMP!” When Luffy threw his leg forward, everything from the calf down extended forward like a spear, Luffy’s sandal-clad foot nailing Popeye right in the chest.

Popeye’s back slammed into a rock and, when he looked down, he saw a very distinctive footprint in his chest. After mumbling something about how expensive it would be to get removed, he jumped into the air and came back down, spinning in a reverse-pirouette to drill into the ground below him.

Luffy stared, wide-eyed in wonder, at what Popeye had just accomplished. “WOW! What kind of fruit did he eat?” he asked in astonishment.

Luffy felt something coming, then hopped out of the way just as Popeye burst from the ground beneath him. Popeye’s fist hit air as he sprang out, leaving him open.

“Gum-Gum SHOTGUN!” Luffy said, throwing out a fist, then twanging it. It looked like multiple fists had struck from just one arm.

Popeye merely reached out and seized Luffy around the wrist, halting the twanging. “You’re a slick one, rubber-boy, but let’s have us a little fun now.” With that said, Popeye raised Luffy’s arm, then brought it sharply back down like a whip, sending a wave right down the length of the arm.

The resulting force flipped Luffy on his back with a yelp in surprise. The next moment, he was tugged right at Popeye, who proceeded to twirl Luffy around like a lasso (even going to the liberty of performing a few tricks worthy of wild-west cowboys) and tossing him away.

Luffy landed, cat-footed, on his feet and made the conclusion that, in his current condition, he wasn’t going to win. He closed his eyes in focus, then snapped them open as steam began to flow from his legs. In the blink of an eye, he was right in front of Popeye and before the mighty sailor could comprehend it.

“Gum-Gum Jet Stamp!”

Popeye rocketed backward, his eyes not even catching just what had happened. All he knew was that he felt like he had been hit full in the chest by a charging train. As he tumbled to a halt, he only had time to get up before he caught sight of something.

His corncob pipe almost fell out of his mouth as a giant fist, comparable in size to a massive tree trunk, raised itself high into the air. “Gum-Gum GIANT PISTOL!”

Popeye yelped in surprise, then ran as fast as he could to the side just as the giant fist flew at him. The fist smashed through the ground like it was cheap glass, then retracted. Popeye took quick advantage of his opponent’s need to retract and, as the giant arm deflated and retracted back to its owner, Popeye held on tightly, hitching a ride to his rubbery opponent.

Popeye hopped off the appendage as soon as Luffy was in sight, then threw a flurry of punches at Luffy. Much to his frustration, Luffy sidestepped each attack as if he knew it was coming.

Luffy decided to put an end to Popeye’s assault and shouted, “Gum-Gum BALLOON!” With that, Luffy’s entire torso inflated into a giant, flesh-colored ball. The minute Popeye’s fist made contact with it, it bounced off. The recoil sent Popeye stumbling backward, and Luffy seized his chance.

“Gum-Gum JET GATLING!” Luffy leaned forward and his arms were suddenly a blur that began to pummel Popeye, who could only put up his arms to shield himself…if only a little bit.

“I can’t stands no more!” Popeye managed to get out before the punches broke past his defense and sent him flying backward.

Popeye skidded to a halt and now knew that, if there ever was a situation for his trump card, that situation was “NOW”. “Alright, you got a few circus acts. Guess what? I gots a few, too.” Popeye said, ready to meet this challenge with one of his own.

Popeye reached into his abnormally-deep pants pocket and pulled out a large tin can labeled “Spinach”. He gave the can a good squeeze until it burst open at the top, its green contents flying into the air. It came back down right into Popeye’s gaping mouth.

After munching down on the spinach for a brief moment, Popeye swallowed and the effects of eating his greens were instantaneous. His whole body flowed with a new energy and he flexed his muscle, forcing a bicep up to preposterous levels.

As for the metaphorical image you see in that muscle every time Popeye eats spinach? It was Goku firing off a Kamehameha.

Anyhoo, Popeye saw a pair of hands had reached just behind him and seize two trees behind him and had a good idea as to what was coming. He braced himself, his whole body composition morphing to resemble a Popeye statue made entirely of brick.

“Gum-Gum Jet Rocket!”

Luffy collided with Popeye at sonic-speeds, intent on finishing him off here and now with a powerful headbutt. One could imagine his surprise when, rather than send Popeye into agony and/or death, he ricocheted off with a bell-like “dong”. Popeye seemed completely unscathed while Luffy lay on his back, clutching his now-aching skull.

It was truly odd to him. Most of Popeye’s previous blows hadn’t even hurt him at all, yet he just now withstood one of Luffy’s stronger attacks AND did something that managed to hurt him.

Luffy roared back to his feet and unleashed another “Gum-Gum Jet Gatling” on Popeye, hoping to pummel him again. Popeye’s response was to wind up both of his fists and actually MIRROR him. The sailor man’s fists were now also blurs and met Luffy fist-for-fist.

Luffy, now really starting to get ticked that this guy was matching him, pulled back his fists and called off the attack. He then twisted his right arm like a corkscrew and shouted “Gum-Gum JET RIFLE!”

The Jet Rifle flew at Popeye…who merely reached up and caught his fist without wavering. The energy behind the arm’s now-spiraling form was suddenly released, resulting in Luffy spinning around like a propeller before sailing off to his right when Popeye let go.

Luffy landed on his feet, then forced as much air into his arms as he could. “Gum-Gum GIANT GATLING!”

Popeye put both of his thumbs in his mouth, took a deep breath, then actually mirrored Luffy again. In seconds, both his anchor-tattooed arms were the same size as Luffy’s. Again, Popeye had the Strawhat Captain matched move-for-move.

Then Popeye opened one of his hands and caught Luffy’s own by the wrist. With a “flick”, Luffy was catapulted high into the air before slamming back down on the ground. Next thing he knew, he was jerked towards Popeye and before he could put up any adequate defense, Popeye’s other gigantic fist slammed into him.

The resulting impact sent Luffy tumbling across the ground, skidding to a halt on a sandy beach. If his Gears wouldn’t work, then he’d have to use his ultimate techniques. It was time for using some Armament Haki.

Luffy stretched back an arm, the area from his fist down to his forearm turning the color of a cannonball, then shouted “Gum-Gum BULLET!”

Both of Popeye’s eyes widened as a pitch-black fist slammed into his visage, sending him rocketing into the air. Yet, as Popeye flew above the treetops, he was readying a counterattack. He twirled his pipe around until it faced his feet, took a deep breath, then exhaled out his smoking utensil as hard as he could.

A jet of flame erupted from the rather small object and, within seconds, Popeye had halted his backward-going momentum and flew forward like a rocket. Luffy shrieked in surprise as Popeye came at him with a barrage of punches to the pirate’s face. Normally, this would be no threat, but the Observation Haki seemed oddly ineffective. This was because of Luffy being completely caught by surprise and the fact that Popeye (and every punch he threw) was, somehow, moving far too fast for that particular form to be effective. Worse still, just like the last time, Popeye was somehow managing to hurt Luffy with pure blunt force alone…without Haki, no less.

Popeye only halted his barrage of punches only to sock Luffy full into the air with a sharp uppercut. While waiting for Luffy to come down, Popeye took his right wrist in his left hand and twisted his whole arm until it resembled a large piece of rope. Then, as Luffy came down, he slammed it into the pirate captain’s midsection, pinning Luffy to a tree. As an added effect, his twisted arm untwisted, spinning Luffy fast enough to buff the bark off the tree…and eventually splinter it under the force.

Luffy hit the ground, but was back on his feet, fuming with rage. “Gum-Gum…” Luffy’s fist grew to giant proportions yet again, only this time it was pitch-black with the Armament Haki, “ELEPHANT PISTOL!” With that exclamation, Luffy threw his fist forward. He'd like to see the anchor-armed sailor top THIS.

Popeye spotted the giant, obsidian hand coming at him like a gigantic cannonball, ready to blow him away, yet did not attempt to move out of the way in the slightest. He wound up a fist, spinning it fast enough that it could have been a propeller. When he was fully wound up, and Luffy’s fist was inches away from splattering him all over the island, Popeye launched his fist forward, making contact with the black surface.

A tremor went down the entire length of the arm and, for a split second, nothing appeared to have happened. Then the black surface of the arm actually cracked like an eggshell. Just a few appeared at first, then it spread and spread quickly until the Armament Haki literally shattered like glass.

The force of the impact jarred Luffy to the point that he fell on his seat. He then charged Popeye, his legs pumping him as fast as he could go. As he ran, he stretched an arm behind him that started out pitch-black, but quickly turned bright gold before being completely engulfed in flames.

“Gum-Gum REDHAWK!”

Too late.  Popeye spotted him, saw his flaming appendage, then took a deep breath and blew as hard as he could. The resulting flow of air was comparable to a hurricane wind…if it was much, MUCH stronger. Not only did the winds slow Luffy to a crawl, they also extinguished the fire on his arm like he was blowing out a birthday candle.

“Yes,birthdaywishesandall.Timetofinishyaoff,squirt.” Popeye grumbled, then socked the oncoming boy in the chin again, sending him up into the air once more.

This time, he made sure this would be the last time.

When Popeye spotted Luffy coming back down, he dug his fingers into the ground and pulled as hard as he could. At first glance, one would think that he was going to pull open a crevice in the ground.

WRONG.

Popeye pulled and pulled when, with a paper-like ripping sound, the very page you are reading this fight on tore right across the page. “Let’s see ya come back from THIS, ‘soon-to-be King of Pirates’.”

Luffy was just coming back down when he spotted oblivion awaiting him where he intended to land. He yelped as he fell down the crevice, then reached up with an elongated arm and just grabbed the edge of the tear.

Popeye spotted him and emitted a disgruntled growl, but then rubbed his hands together as an idea came to him. “Oh, look! Piggies!”

Popeye walked over to Luffy’s fingers, then wedged his thumb under his index finger. “This little piggy went to market…” With a “twang”, he pried the finger loose and Luffy’s eyes widened.

“Gum-Gum Pistol!” Luffy shot his other arm in an attempt to dislodge Popeye or get another grip to help himself up.

“Quit it, ya little whelp!” Popeye said, casually swatting the rubbery limb away, “I’m tryin’ to count piggies! This little piggy stayed home…” He pried Luffy’s middle finger loose.

“Gum-Gum Rocket!” Luffy said, his arm retracting, ready to spring him up and headbutt the cockeyed sailor…only to be met with the same fate as his hand.

“I said ‘cut it out’!” Popeye said, grouchily, socking Luffy back down to dangle from his last two fingers. “THIS little piggy had roast beef…” Luffy was now dangling from his pinky and could only watch in horror as Popeye said the last six words he would ever hear.

“And this little piggy had NONE.”

Popeye dislodged Luffy’s final finger and the captain of the Strawhat Pirates fell off the page into the whiteness of oblivion. His screams died down as he fell…forever.

“Hey, author! Stop bein’ so grim!” Popeye shouted, “And patch this up, will ya?”

Oh! Certainly!

At that point, a human hand with a sewing needle and thread went to work. Within a few seconds, it had patched up the page. To make sure it was safe, Popeye set foot on it: sturdy as a rock.

Popeye sighed in relief, then dove into the water. A brief moment later, he had hauled the entire wreckage of his boat out of the water and set to work repairing it.

K.O.!!!

--

Boomstick: (pause) What the heck did I just see?

Wiz: I’m not entirely sure, but at least we have a winner. While Luffy is, without a doubt, one of the strongest people to have ever taken to the sea, Popeye’s savvy, cartoon-level durability, and spinach ultimately triumphed.

Boomstick: Luffy would not likely make the connection of Popeye’s strength and spinach (even if he DOES sing it in his song) because Popeye saves it as a last resort. Plus, the entire thing played out like a Popeye cartoon.

Wiz: Luffy would make short work of Popeye when he was in base form, Gears Second and Third and his Haki would ensure that. However, when Popeye ate his spinach, his strength, speed, durability, and powers exceed that of ANY One Piece character.

Boomstick: How do those stats hold up? For starters, Popeye was strong enough to move the entire EARTH, which (as “Goku vs. Superman” stated) means he can lift up to 6.6 quintillion tons, exceeding just about ANY of Luffy’s feats of strength. Taking into consideration that Armament Haki can be broken with enough force, this means that Popeye is MORE than strong enough to break through it.

Wiz: Popeye also once flew from the moon to Earth in under five seconds. This means that his top speed is at least Mach 13, but it IS likely that he can go faster; fast enough to fight past the effects of Observation Haki. Popeye has also dealt with supernatural entities, like ghosts and genies, so the Devil Fruits would likely mean nothing to him when spinach-fueled.

Boomstick: And before you bring up the Conqueror’s Haki, Popeye has both a strong will and a power level equal to, or greater than, that of Luffy’s. Crack your own Dragonball Z joke here.

Wiz: Now, we can argue about feats of strength, speed, and all that. In the end, it cannot decide what either Luffy or Popeye are capable of. They’re both great heroes known for getting out of dire situations with their fists alone. The difference is their character. Luffy is not, has not, and never will be invincible. He has limits, obvious weaknesses, and his story is partly him overcoming the problems to make himself stronger. Meanwhile, Popeye’s is different. When a situation is dire, he uses something to make him capable of doing whatever needs to be done. In short, Popeye is as strong as he needs to be.

Boomstick: Going “Goku vs. Superman” again?

Wiz: What? Look at it and tell me if it isn’t similar.

Boomstick: I-(pause) Wow…you’re right.

Wiz: So, what happens when you pit a guy known for pushing his limits against a guy who has no real limit as to what he can or can’t do? Well, only Luffy has limits to begin with.

Boomstick: It was a good fight, but victory was just too much of a stretch even for Luffy. Now let's prepare to clean our inbox of all the nasty e-mails we're, undoubtedly, going to get from the One Piece fans...

Wiz: The winner is Popeye.

You just wrote an entire script for the Death Battle. Wow. :blink:

Although, you might've overpowered Popeye a little too much. Keep note that his strength only comes from the spinach.

When he hasn't eaten his spinach, he gets beat by Bluto. Who is a normal human being.

Edited by Panzy
  • Brohoof 1

You just wrote an entire script for the Death Battle. Wow. :blink:

Although,you might've overpowered Popeye a little too much. Keep note that his strength only comes from the spinach.

When he hasn't eaten his spinach,he gets beat by Bluto. Who is a normal human being.

Actually it's not my work. But I hope you enjoyed it. =)

On 2/12/2015 at 11:37 AM, Asbel Lhant said:

Actually it's not my work. But I hope you enjoyed it. =)

I did. It was a good read. But, Popeye isn't that powerful. 

Edited by Panzy

Not sure what you mean. When he eats his spinach though he pretty much does have no limits.

Like I said before. He gets beat up by Bluto all the time. Bluto is pretty much a normal human. 

He only gets strong when he eats the spinach.

Like I said before. He gets beat up by Bluto all the time. Bluto is pretty much a normal human. 

He only gets strong when he eats the spinach.

Hmmm True...

And here's Pit VS Sora for your entertainment:

Wiz: When darkness’s influence is starting to take over the universe, the forces of light draw on, not a burly, muscular man, but a child of pure heart and untainted by evil.

Boomstick: Pit, the Champion of Palutena…

Ray: And Sora, the Keyblade’s Chosen Wielder.

Wiz: Because of their vast, customizable arsenals, we’re going to limit these two to what they’re most comfortable using in terms of their preferred weapons, spells and equipment for offense and defense. For a fair fight, there will be NO outside help for either of these two.

Boomstick: “But Wiz!, they have all these summons, transformations, and all these cool friends and stuff!” SHUT UP! It’s our show and we’ll call the shots here!

RULES…

One-on-one

-No friends

-No summons

No Items

-Health items and dropped weapons forbidden

-Best Equipment/Accessories for defensive purpose

-Offensive, regenerative, and defensive abilities only

Preferred Weapons only

-Strongest all-around variant of most commonly-used weapon

-No swapping out different weapons

Wiz: I’m Wiz and he’s Boomstick and we’re going to put what these two warriors have learned in their adventures to the test and analyze the weapons, armor, and skills of these two lightsworn champions to find out who would win a DEATH BATTLE!

PIT…

Height: 5’8”

Weight: 128lbs

Home: Skyworld

First Appearance: “Kid Icarus” (1987)

FEATS…

Became commander of Palutena’s Armies

Defeated Medusa twice

Bested gods, beasts, and demigods

Fought off several different armies

-Aurums

-Underworld Armies (Hades)

-Forces of Nature (Viridi)

-Centurions (possessed Palutena)

Wiz: As a child, the angel known as Pit was imprisoned in the underworld by the Queen of Darkness, Medusa. However, it just so happened that Medusa had also captured Palutena, the Goddess of Light.

Boomstick: Palutena, seeing potential in Pit, gave him a hand-forged bow and instructed him to slay Medusa and free both her and the denizens of Skyworld. Long story short, he succeeded and became captain of Palutena’s armies as well as her go-to-guy in battle. After twenty-five years (and a lackluster Gameboy sequel), Pit would return to the battlefield better than ever.

Wiz: Being an angel, one would normally associate the wings on Pit’s back with the power of flight. However, this is NOT the case for him (to his personal shame). While he can fly fast enough to traverse the cosmos in minutes, Pit needs the aid of a god/goddess and, even then, he can only fly for five minutes until his wings burn up. Without help, a glide is the best that his wings can allow.

Boomstick: But what he makes up for in lack of flight, Pit more than makes up for in combat. While he has used a plethora of weapons like blades, orbitars, clubs, and cannons, he can only carry one weapon with him into any battle. With this in mind, the bow seems to be his most iconic weapon, so this will be the weapon he will take into the Death Battle.

Wiz: Most bows use a three-round burst when left uncharged, but not firing will give Pit the use of a charge-shot, which increases the range, strength, and speed of the single round it fires. These arrows of energy also have mild homing features, swerving if their target moves (though they cannot turn completely around and can still miss. The best all-around bow that Pit can use is the Palutena Bow, forged by the Goddess of Light herself.

Boomstick: Modified from the Silver Bow, the Palutena Bow’s standing shots are so-so, but its real strength is used in dash shots and charge shots that actually grow stronger the more distance they cover. And if you think that that’s all Pit can do with it, THINK AGAIN! The bow can also be split into a pair of mini-swords or turned into a Darth Maul-style double-sided sword for melee attacks. And if that wasn’t sweet enough, he can spin this bladed weapon to send projectiles back at his enemies.

PALUTENA BOW…

Crafted by Palutena herself

Modified from Silver Bow

Charge shots strengthen with distance

Dash shots stronger/quicker than standing shots

Effective melee weapon

-Single edged blades

-Twin mini-swords

-Dual-sided sword

Wiz: While Pit cannot bring items into this battle, he has a plethora of power-ups to choose from and call to his aid in any battle. These include Health Recovery, which restores a small bit of Pit’s health, and the Super Armor, which drastically increases his defense and prevents him from being knocked back.

Boomstick: But the two best ones are, without a doubt, the Reflect Barrier, which can send projectiles back at his opponent and the Mega Laser, which fires a beam of red destructive energy. HEY! If it’s a death-laser, you should be happy to have one.

POWERS…

Mega Laser LV. 3

-Fires single-direction laser beam

-Max # of uses: 4

Super Armor LV. 1

-Drastically decreases damage received

-Prevents knockback

-Max # of uses: 1

Reflect Barrier LV. 2

-Creates forward-facing barrier

-Reflects projectiles (people pass through it)

-Max # of uses: 2

Health Recovery LV.3

-Restores Health (about 1/5 or 1/4 of full health)

-Max # of uses: 3

Wiz: Pit is also a very agile fighter, capable of dashing and rolling to avoid enemy attacks with little effort all while giving quick and numerous combo hits and more than strong enough to heft around heavy cannons with little effort. Oh, and he can survive the vacuum of space and still be heard when he talks…somehow.

Boomstick: Pit is an excellent fighter and leader, but like all heroes, he’s far from perfect. As mentioned before, he cannot fly without the help of a god. And as a creature has to be lightweight to glide, it can be assumed that he’s a bit of a lightweight.

Wiz: Also, Pit is a bit on the strong-headed side and not too much of a strategist. And while he has made use of weapons, health-regenerating food, and power-ups, these were all gifts from Palutena and not the jaw-dropping luck of most video game heroes.

WEAKNESSES…

Can’t fly w/out help

-Palutena and Viridi gave him flight powers

-Glide is the best his wings can give

Lightweight and frail

Somewhat strong-headed

Heavily reliant on Palutena

-Gives items and hints

Boomstick: Weaknesses aside, Pit is not to be sneezed at. He’s toppled the God of the Underworld, took on four separate armies on his own, and defeated giant monsters, other gods, and near-god entities almost single-handed. He even managed to out-race the Lightning Charioteer, defeated an incarnation of chaos, and destroyed the Lunar Sanctum.

Wiz: Pit certainly hasn’t lost his touch, even after a twenty-five year absence from the gaming world in general. And now let's take a look at his opponent!

SORA…

Height: 5’8”

Weight: 134lbs

Home: Destiny Island

First Appearance: “Kingdom Hearts” (2002)

FEATS…

Survived when his world was consumed by darkness

Defeated swarms of Heartless and Nobodies

Took down eight members of Organization XIII

-Larxene

-Xaldin

-Xigbar

-Saix

-Demyx

-Luxord

-Xemnas

-Marluxia

-Roxas

Became a Heartless and maintained his conscious mind

-Changed back w/help from Kairi

Defeated 2 incarnations of Xehanort and various Final Fantasy/Disney characters

Wiz: Sora was a normal boy and resident to Destiny Island along with his two best friends, Riku and Kairi. One day, they planned to build a raft and sail across the sea to discover other worlds.

Boomstick: Ah, kids and their fantasies…

Wiz: Then a storm struck on the night before they would depart. This storm was a disguise for invading dark forces. Darkness consumed Sora’s world, but he and his friends survived and were scattered across the multiverse.

Boomstick: After a run-in with Yuffie, Squall, Aerith, Donald, and Goofy (Lord, that’s a weird run-in), Sora found that he was the Keyblade’s Chosen One, meaning that he would open the Door to Light. After that, his journey through the worlds would begin.

Wiz: Sora’s traditional weapon is the Keyblade, a legendary, key-shaped sword with the ability to both lock and unlock the gateways to worlds as well as undo just about any lock. The weapon chose him to be its wielder as the legends told and it obeys Sora and Sora alone.

Boomstick: This key-sword doesn’t appear to have any sharp edges, yet it can easily cleave through pretty much anything…except for shields and fat guts for some reason.

Wiz: The Keyblade is mystically bound to Sora and obeys him as if it were alive. He can throw it like a boomerang, deflect projectiles, levitate certain objects, undo any lock and, if he should lose his grip on it, it will vanish, returning to his hand when he calls for it.

Boomstick: The strongest Keyblade variant is the Ultima Weapon, created by Moogles (one of the most ADORABLE video game creatures in existence) and forged from Orichalcum-plus, a rare and heavily magical substance.

Wiz: The Ultima Weapon is over FOUR times stronger than the original model, the Kingdom Key, has twice the reach, and grants its user extended magic use. This is easily the strongest Keyblade ever forged.

Boomstick: Well, Fenrir is slightly stronger in physical strength, but it hampers his magic use, and Fatal Crest has more magic ability, but isn’t as strong. So…scrap it.

KEYBLADE…

No visibly-sharp edges, yet still can cut through almost anything

Opens and closes doors to other worlds

Can be thrown like a boomerang w/Strike Raid

Returns to his hand if he should lose it

Can undo any lock

Chose Sora as its wielder

ULTIMA WEAPON…

Forged by Moogles

-Requires Orichalcum+

4.7x stronger than Kingdom Key (in Final Mix)

Extends no. of times magic can be used

Twice as long as Kingdom Key

Wiz: The Keyblade also grants Sora the use of magic. He can shoot homing fireballs or create fire-fields around himself to scorch nearby enemies with Firaga. Blizzaga shoots scattershot-patterned ice shards that freeze enemies on contact and Cure Spells can heal his injuries for him to continue battle.

Boomstick: Thundaga lets Sora rain down lightning from the sky to strike his enemies. And it can be combo’d up to three times. Now who says lightning never strikes the same place twice?

Wiz:Sora can level each of his spells up an additional two times to make them stronger and more effective in battle. Each spell drains MP from Sora the more he uses it, but Sora has found a way to make up for this. Unlike most other Final Fantasy heroes, Sora actually gains more magic power the more times he lands an attack.

Boomstick: He, literally, gets magic power by beating people up! I’m not complaining and neither should YOU.

MAGIC…

Builds MP on landed attacks rather than moves/items

Firaga

-Fireballs/Fire Fields

Blizzaga

-Scattershot ice blasts

-Freezes enemies on contact

Thundaga

-Strikes from sky

-Combos up to three times

Curaga

-Heals injuries/restores health to maximum

-Does not cure status ailments

Boomstick: The Keyblade also seems to make its user KICK EVERYONE’S BUTT ALL THE TIME!

Wiz: Before he obtained the Keyblade, Sora was usually second-fiddle to Riku in terms of swordplay and combat.

Boomstick: And popularity, don’t forget!

Wiz: Yes. But, after learning of his destiny and through his journeys, his skills, strength, durability, and agility skyrocketed. He can glide through the air with fairy dust, perform double-jumps, move fast enough to match Xigbar, turn floating skyscrapers into giant missiles, survive a beating from the mighty Hercules, and best the power of Sephiroth. In the first game, he even defeated a physical embodiment of the devil.

Boomstick: Holy crap! And to think he’s not even old enough to shave yet…and that’s not even scratching the surface of his capability. The Strike Raid lets him throw his Keyblade like a boomerang, Sonic Blade lets him rush his opponent with a thrust that lands several hits (for some reason), and the Ragnarok fires a bajillion lasers to send his enemies into oblivion!

PHYSICALITY…

Survived a beating from Hercules

Bested Cloud and Sephiroth

Glide

Double-jump

Performs flips, rolls, dives, and spins easily

Fast reflexes due to “Reaction Command”

Special Moves…

Strike Raid

-Throws Keyblade like a boomerang

Sonic Blade

-Rushes forward to strike multiple times

Ragnarok

-Fires series of lasers from Keyblade’s tip

Boomstick: Well, okay, I guess some of his strength comes from his use of defensive items. The Buster Band vastly increases his defensive power and the Omega Arts vastly increases his attack strength, health, and magic power.

Wiz: Sora also has defensive-type magic at his disposal. The Aeroga can also create a sphere of wind around him that reduces injury for a period of time. And Reflega can guard him from attacks for a split-second, reflecting attacks back if it’s successful in blocking them.

DEFENSES/EQUIPMENT…

Buster Band

-Increases defensive abilities by 20%

-Can use multiples

Aeroga

-Creates sphere of wind around user

-Cuts received damage in half

Reflega

-Creates a light barrier for a split-second

-Counters physical attacks and reflects projectiles

-Must be timed right.

Omega Arts

-Increases health, attack strength, and magic power

Wiz: Sora also possesses a strong willpower and astonishingly-good luck, staying true to his mission and not wavering until he has found what he’s looking for. He’s also very patient, taking time to do good for those around him before tending to his own needs. That being said, his sword style (at least early on in his journey) is rather simplistic possibly due to his lack of formal training with the sword.

Boomstick: He’s also a bit naïve and fairly impulsive, acting on a decision before thoroughly thinking things through. You’d have to be if you actually stab yourself to save your friend. Well, at least he came back in the end.

WEAKNESSES…

Limited amount of times he can use magic

-Can regenerate it by landing hits

No formal training

Fairly limited melee attack style

Naïve and quick to jump

Wiz: But Sora has guts, dare, sheer jaw-dropping luck, and drive.

Boomstick: AND FREAKISHLY HUGE SHOES! Seriously, you could hide rum barrels in those things!

Wiz: I was wondering when that would come up and, for some reason they don’t trip him up. Goofy stuff aside, Sora definitely stands out as one of The Light’s greatest champions. He should be feared by the forces of darkness as well as anyone who wants to take him on.

(Sora: I know now. Kingdom Hearts…IS LIGHT!)

There exists a world out in the multiverse known as Olympus Coliseum: a place where heroes from all around gather to fight for the gold. Today was no different as two chosen warriors of light had come to compete for the title of “The Best”.

The first combatant had spiky, light-brown hair, black clothes adorned with odd belts and zippers, large shoes, and a crown necklace around his neck. When he entered, he held out his hand and a key-shaped sword appeared in his hand, one with a mix of blue, white, and yellow colors and intricate designs all over it. This person was none other than Sora, the Keyblade’s Chosen Wielder, and his weapon of choice, the Ultima Weapon.

The second combatant had chocolate brown hair, a white toga, a pair of white-feathered wings, and a laurel crown tucked into his hair. In his hand was a blue-and-gold bow with what appeared to be bladed ridges and, on the wrist of that same hand, a pair of glowing, gold rings. This person was the Champion of Palutena and commander of the Centurion Army, Pit, and his weapon of choice was the Palutena Bow.

As the crowds of Olympus cheered, both met the other’s “ready to win” glare with one of his own. Two warriors of light, but only one winner would emerge.

FIGHT!!!

Pit made the first move, releasing a string of three arrows at Sora. The Keyblade Master merely hopped to the side, then dashed at Pit, Keyblade at the ready. Pit hopped back, just avoiding Sora’s first swing, then split his bow into a pair of mini-swords to intercept another strike with a sharp parry. Pit swung with his second blade only to see Sora jump back and point the Keyblade at him like a gun.

A fireball burst from the Keyblade’s tip like a bullet from a gun and raced at Pit. This projectile wasn’t anything new to the angel and he merely dashed away from it. The Fireball blazed, harmlessly, past him until it hit the wall of Olympus Coliseum, exploding like a grenade on impact.

Pit continued running to the side, then wheeled around and fired a volley of arrows at Sora. All three hit him dead-on, causing Sora to buckle in pain. Pit followed up by charging Sora and spinning his bow like a propeller, hitting Sora repeatedly, then finished it with a single strike that sent the Keybearer tumbling backward.

Sora regained his footing, then dashed forward, Keyblade extended outward like a jousting lance. It was too quick for Pit to evade and he wound up being nailed full in the abdomen. The sheer force sent Pit sliding backward, keeled over in pain. When Sora stopped, Pit was too winded to resist Sora’s next move: a four-strike combo that finished with a backhand blow that sent Pit flying back a few feet.

Pit got back to his feet just in time to jump over a sweep attack from the Keyblade and extended his wings. While he didn’t fly away like he dreamed to do for a long time, he glided away to a further distance. The minute he landed, he fired another volley of arrows at Sora, who sidestepped to avoid them. He pointed at Pit again and a ball of ice burst from the Keyblade’s tip.

Pit sidestepped like he did last time, but the ice moved slower than the fireball and actually swerved to meet him. Pit acted fast and spun his bow like a propeller, actually striking the ice sphere and batting it back at Sora, who jumped clean over it and (for reasons that escaped Pit) glided in a manner similar to himself a few seconds ago.

When Sora got close enough, he raised his Keyblade and swung down as hard as he could. Pit sidestepped and struck only to meet a sharp parry from the Keyblade. Rather than try to take his second sword out, Pit merely twisted his body and struck with the other end, missing Sora by a hair as the Keybearer ducked out of the swing’s arc.

Sora swung in an uppercut-style strike only to see Pit block with his bow, then separate it into a pair of mini-swords, then use the second one to try and slit Sora’s neck. Sora jumped back, then pulled back his Keyblade and threw it at Pit, the key-shaped sword spinning like a boomerang. Pit responded by striking the whirling blade’s side with one of his swords and sending the blade to the ground with a clatter.

A nervous look crossed Sora’s face as Pit rejoined his bow and fired a barrage of light arrows. Sora, however, merely ran off to the side as the arrows whistled past him close enough for him to hear them. He would jump to avoid any shots that Pit attempted to put ahead of him and glide if he tried to nail him after a jump.

Sora paused for a brief second and held out his hand. In a flash of white light, the grounded Keyblade vanished and, in another flash, it reappeared in Sora’s hand. Sora then pointed the Keyblade’s tip into the air just as Pit fired another barrage of arrows. A white sphere of energy engulfed him and the instant the arrows hit, they bounced off as beams of light…right back at Pit.

Pit yelped as he sidestepped two of his three shots, but couldn’t avoid the last one, which nailed him right in the shoulder. Sora seized his chance and wound up for a diagonal slash, but had just crossed the distance when a strange, multi-colored aura surrounded his angelic opponent. His Keyblade struck Pit on the shoulder, but something was off: namely that Pit hadn’t so much as flinched from the attack and that his expression, rather than one of agony of a possibly-broken shoulder, only showed mild irritation at best.

Pit pulled back another arrow, this one much larger than any of his previous ones, then let it fly at Sora’s gut at point-blank range. Sora rocketed backward from the sheer force and was certainly thankful for his combination of the Buster Band and his Omega Arts, but couldn’t deny that being hit with an energy-based projectile like that felt like getting kicked by a mule.

Sora grunted in frustration as he evaded. He had to try and nail this guy from a distance, but knew from his past experience that his Fire and Blizzard spells were too slow to nail Pit.

Wait a minute…

Sora evaded a three-shot burst from Pit’s bow, then raised the Keyblade into the air. The tip sparked and, just as Pit was about to nail him with another charged shot, lightning rained down from the sky and struck him full on the head. Pit’s shot veered completely off-course as he jolted from the shock of the Thunder Spell. As if to rub salt into his wounds, Sora swung his Keyblade so as the tip pointed into the air again and lightning hit Pit again. To finish it, Sora raised his Keyblade once more and the champion of Palutena wound up on the receiving end of a third strike of lightning.

Pit dashed forward, not wanting something like that to happen again, then launched an even faster three-shot burst at Sora, who hopped to the side to avoid it. Pit pun his bow in the propeller fashion to strike Sora, but only saw it hit thin air as Sora jumped clean over him and land just behind him. The minute Pit saw Sora point his Keyblade at him in the gun fashion, he put a hand forward and a field of energy appeared in front of him.

The fire spell that Sora sent at Pit hit the field and reflected back at him and exploded like a grenade. The results was that Sora wound up flat on his back with only enough senses left to see Pit try to impale him with one of his mini-swords. Sora rolled to avoid impalement, then got back on his feet and did his best to put some distance between himself and Pit.

Pit looked at his hand and saw that the aura of the Super Armor had faded away, then put his hand to his heart as a white light briefly glowed on his body. He felt the severity of some of his injuries fade as the Health Recovery Art did its job.

Sora saw his opponent pause, then raised his Keyblade again as a shower of glowing, green leaves fell upon him. He felt his fatigue fade almost completely away and his injuries healed over as the Cure Spell took effect.

Sora jumped in the air, then seemed to hover as high amounts of energy began to gather at the tip of his Keybalde. Pit saw what was happening and knew he had to end this fast. He pointed with his hand and a pillar of crimson light erupted from a spot just in front of him: the Mega Laser.

Just as Pit fired the Mega Laser, Sora pointed the Keyblade’s tip at him and the energy gathering in it was released in the form of multiple lasers united in a single beam. When Mega Laser met the legendary Ragnarok move head-on, they pushed against each other at first. Then, an eerily-quiet second later, the vertex of the beams burst outward in a near-deafening explosion.

When the smoke cleared, Sora and Pit glowered at each other. It was time to end this once and for all…

Pit moved, knocking a fully-charged arrow, and let it loose at Sora, who leapt to the side to evade it. Pit anticipated this and launched a follow-up of three arrows just where Sora was set to land.

Sora had one trick left: one, he knew, wouldn’t work twice. But it was a good trick, having nailed a former Organization XIII member with it.

Sora moved so fast that he appeared to vanish and reappeared in front of each light arrow in turn. And, with each turn, he swatted them back at Pit.

Pit’s eyes widened as his three arrows came back at him and struck him full-on, sending him to a knee. Sora seized his chance and crossed the distance with a Sonic Blade to Pit’s middle. After sending both back a good distance, Sora made a change of tactic and, rather than send Pit backward like he typically would, he swung in a four-hit combo, ending in an uppercut strike that nailed Pit in the chin and sent him upward.

Sora chased after him and continued his combo in the air, finishing it with a turnaround strike that made full use of his body motion and hit Pit the hardest. With a cry in pain and defeat, Pit vanished in a flash of light and a small puff of feathers.

Sora landed on the ground, then spun his Keyblade around and propped it on his shoulder before flashing his traditional, boyish smile.

K.O.!!!

Boomstick: Dang! Pit just got his wings clipped!

Wiz: Pit was more than a match for Sora at a distance and is a very fast and maneuverable opponent, but Sora’s abilities allowed him to keep up with him and help him outlast Pit. While most of Sora’s projectile attacks were too slow to catch Pit, Thunder was quick enough and unpredictable enough to catch him.

Boomstick: Not to mention Sora defeated the incredibly-fast Xigbar who specialized in high speed moves and projectiles of his own. Sora also exhibits more strength and speed with the Keyblade than Pit has really shown.

Wiz: And, despite what most people believe, Sora has actually shown plenty of exemplary competence without Donald and Goofy’s help, like how he saved the two from Xehanort’s Heartless and took on Xemnas on his own. On the other hand, Pit is very heavily reliant on Palutena’s help and guidance such as giving hints and dropping just the right item he needs. Since Death Battle forbids any outside help, this was a DEVASTATING blow for him.

Boomstick: In the end, Sora’s adaptability, independence, and better abilities were the key to Pit’s demise.

Wiz: The winner is Sora.

PIT…

+Better ranged attacks

+All-in-all stronger armor

+Maneuverable in and of his own right

-No assistance means loss of vital abilities

-Less effective at close-range combat

-Extra Powers have limited use

SORA…

+Stronger, Faster, and Better melee specialist

+Efficient magic regeneration ability

+More efficient healing ability

+Less dependent on friends and outside help

+Defeated Xigbar, who is fast and specializes in projectiles

+More reusable abilities

Edited by Asbel Lhant

@Asbel Lhant,

Ultima Weapon is best Keyblade, IMO.

Also, any fight has the potential to go either way, depending on the circumstances; when we say who would "win," we're just giving them the better odds. For instance: Superman obviously has better odds than Batman, but Batman's tricky enough to where you can't count him out.

Hope you all enjoyed that little Death Battle write up. =) Both of them I mean.

@Asbel Lhant,

Ultima Weapon is best Keyblade, IMO.

Also, any fight has the potential to go either way, depending on the circumstances; when we say who would "win," we're just giving them the better odds. For instance: Superman obviously has better odds than Batman, but Batman's tricky enough to where you can't count him out.

Ultima Weapon is my favorite as well. Fenrir just looks cooler. It only has Ultima Weapon beat by 1 point. No big deal if you ask me.

But anyway more ideas:

Bruce Lee VS Jackie Chan
Chuck Norris VS Mr. T
Davey Crockett VS Daniel Boone
Monkey D. Luffy VS Popeye The Sailor

I'll get to this.
Underdog VS Monkey (The Superhero from Dexter's Laboratory)
Kirby VS Pac-Man
Frozone VS Sub-Zero
Dr. Gru VS Megamind

Jackie Chan... if his fighting style were real. It's not, though, and Bruce Lee is both stronger and faster, so he wins.

Pac-man has no real feats, so not much you can say there

Sub-Zero is superhuman and a potential bullet timer, so > Frozone

Megamind at least has the ability to make superhumans, so he if they both prep for it. Last I checked, all Gru had was a shrinking ray.

Obviously, no clue about the others.

I did. It was a good read. But,Popeye isn't that powerful. 

From one site:

-Popeye once ate an entire field of spinach to repel a Martian Invasion. He punched through a Martian disentegration beam, grabbed a flying saucer, threw it like a frisbee, and made it ricochet off the entire Martian invasion fleet like a pin ball. After all the Martian ships crashed, the ensuing explosion spelled the word "TILT" across the skyline.
-Popeye has ran down Bluto, on foot, while Bluto was speeding away in a racecar in an attempt to kidnap Olive Oyl.
-Popeye has ran down, and ran past (on numerous occasions), a speeding locomotive to save Olive Oyl, who was tied to the tracks, from being ran over. On one occasion, rather than untying her, he punched the speeding train and turned it into a pipe organ.
-Popeye singlehandedly laid track for a speeding train and punched through mountains to make tunnels for the train so that it could get to it's destination near the coal mines.
-Popeye has leaped into the air and punched out fighter jets in mid flight.
-Popeye can fly like a fighter jet by spinning his pipe like a propelor and sticking out his arms like wings. When provoked, Popeye can use his pipe as a jet engine propelling himself through the air at mach speeds, even launching himself into space. Popeye can also survive re-entry and falls from sub-orbital heights.
-Popeye has punched fast enough to deflect hundreds of rounds of machine gun fire at close range with his bare fists.
-Popeye has chewed up steel beams and spit the metal out as bullets, nails, and rivets.
-Popeye on numerous occasions has punched people and accompanying objects into cages, cabins, tents, tepees, stuffed animals, toys, etc. On one occasion Popeye was attacked by a Giant Octopuss while he was diving for pearls. Popeye punched the octopuss and turned it into a Merry-Go-Round.
- During WWII, Popeye punched out a fleet of German battleships into individual cages to imprison over 100 Nazi soldiers. Popeye also punched through the gunfire of 10 Nazi fighter jets, in mid air, and punched the planes to splinters that formed a fence and imprisoned the pilots as they landed with their parachutes. He also got a medal of honor from Eisenhower.
-During WW II Popeye once turned out all the lights in his hometown for a bomb raid in a matter of seconds.
-Popeye once punched an enraged Giant King Kong-esque Gorilla into 3 separate monkeys, each covering their ears, eyes, and mouth (hear no evil, see no evil, speak no evil) respectively.
-Popeye punched out a giant Moby Dick-esque sperm whale and held it in one hand like a baby as it was dazed.
-Popeye once punched a mountain into a hill because it was blocking his view.
-Popeye once lifted up and bodyslammed the 40 story building Olive Oyl's apartment was in so that her floor was at street level and he could move her piano in.
-Popeye once walked a tight rope while carrying a refrigerator, a wardrobe, a bathtub, a baby in a baby carriage, Olive Oil, and Wimpy (eating a burger).
-Popeye once punched through super hypnosis vision from a Persian Magician, then punched the guy and his flying carpet turning them into a bazaar with rugs for sale.
-While in Old Russia, Popeye punched through hypnosis vision and spells cast by Rasputin, then Popeye proceded to punch Rasputin through the Kremlin which formed a jail around Rasputin.
-Popeye once punched through magic spell bolts cast at him by a Genie Bluto had used to grant him three wishes. Popeye then punched out Bluto and punched the Genieback into the lamp before tossing the lamp into the horizon.
-Popeye survived having a battle ship dropped on him by Bluto.
-Popeye survived being shot point blank in the face with a cannonball by Pirate Blackbeard.
-Popeye survived being ran over and point blank cannon fire from a Sherman tank, and then proceded to punch the tank into an oven and water heater.
-In Egypt Popeye once punched a Mummy into bedsheets hanging from a clothesline (there was no clothseline before the punch).
-Popeye has punched aligators, dinosaurs, and mad bulls into full sets of leather luggage.
-Popeye has punched a lion into a leopard skin fur coat. (and no, that's not a typo, he punched a lion into leopard skin).
-Popeye punched out a fire breathing dragon.
-Popeye as a lumberjack chopped down a whole state full of redwood trees with his bare fists.
-Popeye once jumped up and punched the man in the moon in the eye after Olive Oyl snubbed him for Bluto and the moon was laughing at his misfortune.
-Popeye beat PC supes and threw him inside a telephone booth and that was when he was called captain crunch.
-Popeye can break the 4th wall. A real boy in the movie audience threw some spinach into the screen to Popeye. Popeye got up and hit Bluto so hard, Bluto was knocked into the real world. So Superboy Prime's not the only one punching holes into reality. Hmmm, I wonder if the explains the discrepancy between Bluto and Brutus.
-Popeye can resist mind control after eating spinach. An evil hypnotist hypnotized Popeye into thinking he was a chicken. Popeye ate some spinach, snapped out of it, and then counter hypnotized the hypnotist into thinking he was a baby.
-He becomes a master of any discipline after taking spinach. He led a twenty man band, where he was the band himself, became a master musician, master sculptor, brilliant scientist, and a master magician.
-He lassoed the sun and pulled it up just so the morning would come quicker.
-He pulled the moon closer to earth.

Also(from another site):

-Popeye once lifted the earth in one of the Fleischer shorts that was spoofing Greek Mythology.

- He pulled the world's continents back together again with only a lasso.

He knocked Bluto so hard, he destroyed the constellations and altered the night sky.

-He blew the sun out like a candle so he could get some private time with Olive Oyl.

-He knocked Bluto so hard, Bluto broke through the time stream and deaged into an infant

-Popeye can ressurect himself from the dead with spinach. His nephews force fed some to his lifeless body. Popeye's soul returned to his body, which got up and proceeded to beat the crap out of Bluto.

-Popeye resisted being wiped out of existence by an animator. His pipe was fed spinach, Popeye willed himself back, and then he beat up the animator. Which brings me to...

-He dog paddled an island that both he and Olive Oyl were stranded on back to the mainland.

So FTL speed, Multi- Solar System level or higher durability and destructive capacity, immortality, reality warping(including the strange ability to always find spinach somewhere...), and magic resistance. I don't think I need to mention toonforcing. Luffy's done.

Would still rather see Sora vs Shulk. 

Shulk destroyed a universal entity... a better MU would be Sora vs Cloud, or Sephiroth(Applying Death Battle logic, anyway.)

• Brohoof 1

Jackie Chan... if his fighting style were real. It's not, though, and Bruce Lee is both stronger and faster, so he wins.

Megamind at least has the ability to make superhumans, so he if they both prep for it. Last I checked, all Gru had was a shrinking ray.

From one site:

-Popeye once ate an entire field of spinach to repel a Martian Invasion. He punched through a Martian disentegration beam, grabbed a flying saucer, threw it like a frisbee, and made it ricochet off the entire Martian invasion fleet like a pin ball. After all the Martian ships crashed, the ensuing explosion spelled the word "TILT" across the skyline.

-Popeye has ran down Bluto, on foot, while Bluto was speeding away in a racecar in an attempt to kidnap Olive Oyl.

-Popeye has ran down, and ran past (on numerous occasions), a speeding locomotive to save Olive Oyl, who was tied to the tracks, from being ran over. On one occasion, rather than untying her, he punched the speeding train and turned it into a pipe organ.

-Popeye singlehandedly laid track for a speeding train and punched through mountains to make tunnels for the train so that it could get to it's destination near the coal mines.

-Popeye can fly like a fighter jet by spinning his pipe like a propelor and sticking out his arms like wings. When provoked, Popeye can use his pipe as a jet engine propelling himself through the air at mach speeds, even launching himself into space. Popeye can also survive re-entry and falls from sub-orbital heights.

-Popeye has punched fast enough to deflect hundreds of rounds of machine gun fire at close range with his bare fists.

-Popeye has chewed up steel beams and spit the metal out as bullets, nails, and rivets.

-Popeye on numerous occasions has punched people and accompanying objects into cages, cabins, tents, tepees, stuffed animals, toys, etc. On one occasion Popeye was attacked by a Giant Octopuss while he was diving for pearls. Popeye punched the octopuss and turned it into a Merry-Go-Round.

- During WWII, Popeye punched out a fleet of German battleships into individual cages to imprison over 100 Nazi soldiers. Popeye also punched through the gunfire of 10 Nazi fighter jets, in mid air, and punched the planes to splinters that formed a fence and imprisoned the pilots as they landed with their parachutes. He also got a medal of honor from Eisenhower.

-During WW II Popeye once turned out all the lights in his hometown for a bomb raid in a matter of seconds.

-Popeye once punched an enraged Giant King Kong-esque Gorilla into 3 separate monkeys, each covering their ears, eyes, and mouth (hear no evil, see no evil, speak no evil) respectively.

-Popeye punched out a giant Moby Dick-esque sperm whale and held it in one hand like a baby as it was dazed.

-Popeye once lifted up and bodyslammed the 40 story building Olive Oyl's apartment was in so that her floor was at street level and he could move her piano in.

-Popeye once walked a tight rope while carrying a refrigerator, a wardrobe, a bathtub, a baby in a baby carriage, Olive Oil, and Wimpy (eating a burger).

-Popeye once punched through super hypnosis vision from a Persian Magician, then punched the guy and his flying carpet turning them into a bazaar with rugs for sale.

-While in Old Russia, Popeye punched through hypnosis vision and spells cast by Rasputin, then Popeye proceded to punch Rasputin through the Kremlin which formed a jail around Rasputin.

-Popeye once punched through magic spell bolts cast at him by a Genie Bluto had used to grant him three wishes. Popeye then punched out Bluto and punched the Genieback into the lamp before tossing the lamp into the horizon.

-Popeye survived being shot point blank in the face with a cannonball by Pirate Blackbeard.

-Popeye survived being ran over and point blank cannon fire from a Sherman tank, and then proceded to punch the tank into an oven and water heater.

-In Egypt Popeye once punched a Mummy into bedsheets hanging from a clothesline (there was no clothseline before the punch).

-Popeye has punched aligators, dinosaurs, and mad bulls into full sets of leather luggage.

-Popeye has punched a lion into a leopard skin fur coat. (and no, that's not a typo, he punched a lion into leopard skin).

-Popeye as a lumberjack chopped down a whole state full of redwood trees with his bare fists.

-Popeye once jumped up and punched the man in the moon in the eye after Olive Oyl snubbed him for Bluto and the moon was laughing at his misfortune.

-Popeye beat PC supes and threw him inside a telephone booth and that was when he was called captain crunch.

-Popeye can break the 4th wall. A real boy in the movie audience threw some spinach into the screen to Popeye. Popeye got up and hit Bluto so hard, Bluto was knocked into the real world. So Superboy Prime's not the only one punching holes into reality. Hmmm, I wonder if the explains the discrepancy between Bluto and Brutus.

-Popeye can resist mind control after eating spinach. An evil hypnotist hypnotized Popeye into thinking he was a chicken. Popeye ate some spinach, snapped out of it, and then counter hypnotized the hypnotist into thinking he was a baby.

-He becomes a master of any discipline after taking spinach. He led a twenty man band, where he was the band himself, became a master musician, master sculptor, brilliant scientist, and a master magician.

Also(from another site):

-Popeye once lifted the earth in one of the Fleischer shorts that was spoofing Greek Mythology.

He knocked Bluto so hard, he destroyed the constellations and altered the night sky.

-He blew the sun out like a candle so he could get some private time with Olive Oyl.

-He knocked Bluto so hard, Bluto broke through the time stream and deaged into an infant

-Popeye can ressurect himself from the dead with spinach. His nephews force fed some to his lifeless body. Popeye's soul returned to his body, which got up and proceeded to beat the crap out of Bluto.

-Popeye resisted being wiped out of existence by an animator. His pipe was fed spinach, Popeye willed himself back, and then he beat up the animator. Which brings me to...

-He dog paddled an island that both he and Olive Oyl were stranded on back to the mainland.

So FTL speed, Multi- Solar System level or higher durability and destructive capacity, immortality, reality warping(including the strange ability to always find spinach somewhere...), and magic resistance. I don't think I need to mention toonforcing. Luffy's done.

Shulk destroyed a universal entity... a better MU would be Sora vs Cloud, or Sephiroth(Applying Death Battle logic, anyway.)

Sora also 

From one site:

Also(from another site):

Sora also destroyed some pretty universal entities too.

From one site:

Also(from another site):

Sora has already beaten both Cloud and Sephiroth lol.