Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private Asylum: Shudder ((The Reboot))

BlackShardNixium

@@, @,

"Yes, I do. It calls itself Mercurial, although it is known as the Spectre. It was bound to a certain pony a long time ago and is in a constant search for it, and will continue to do so until she finds it. It gladdens me that she is far, far away from her quarry, but it is troublesome to find her here. Of course, I may be mistaken and it may just be another ancient apparition. Either way, it will suit us to be far away from it as soon as possible."

'Mental monsters, now ghosts... riiight we might be done.' Infernia thought.

Moving with the monk, she levitaed her book once more, "who was it bound to? Are they even still alive?" she wrote in.

'Writing is seriously inefficient. Why don't I just talk normally like everyone else.?' she thought silently.

@, (If it's not affecting the story too much, could be a nice change of pace. You and Starrys' call I suppose.)

Shadow turned around in a small circle in an attempt to locate Muddle and Silvia, but the two mares were nowhere in sight. 'Alright, so he's found food and~ gone insane... Wait?' A large smile had started to grow across Shadow's face as it realized who he spoke to. 'Finally I can speak to someone!' 

It ran closer to Agririon and open it's mouth to say something, but that was all it did for a moment. It had had started to think about what Agririon had said, and gradually it's 'enthusiasm' disappeared. "I always get stuck with work don't I..." At least the thought seemed to fit inside its mind.

It took a small step backwards and made a mental note of its new task, then started to turn around; but Shadow stopped midway. "Also~ Assuming you really are hearing me, and I'm not just rambling spasmodically, the other mare you want to talk to is... Muddle right?"

Edited by Dreamless
  • Brohoof 1

"I would like to meet this disembodide voice to tell the truth disembodied voice or not" Deranged said. "I rather not meet this bloody voice for we d-" "I don't care besides you won't die as long until I say so" Deranged interrupted Equinox and looked at Infernia. "Also my dear I am no monster at all" Deranged said

Infernia continued to follow the monk, but spent much of time looking into her book. She got to a point where she had began to walk in rhythm to the pattern marked out by the score sheets in her note book. Some of her hof steps were light and some were much harder.

<How many ponies out there work with crystals to produce music? It must be a difficult task if one needs all these diagrams to work, more disturbing is I have math in here to produce deadly sound waves!> she thought.

@, @

Date: Unknown

Time: Unknown

Location: Lucerna Sanctuary- 15 miles underground, just north of Canterlot.

It's getting much harder to tell how much time has passed the longer that we stay here. I'm pretty sure the entire group has lost count of exactly how many days have passed since we arrived; you can never tell if it I night or day down here. It's an eerie place, to be certain, and only Celestia knows how long it's just been sitting here, abandoned.

For a while, none of us were certain of what to expect. Celestia refused to give us the details of our expedition until the day of our departure. However, it is quite simple. All she wants us to do is figure out what happened here, as well as recover a couple of artifacts for her. Though if I'm being completely honest, I think she already knows what went on down here. I think this expedition has more to do with the recovery of those artifacts than the information itself. And though I can't think of any reason as to why the Princess would have an ulterior motive, I must keep an open mind.

Anyways, I can only guess that it has been at least a month and a half since we arrived, and already, I have learned so much. Apparently, this temple ((or sanctuary, if you prefer)), belonged to an order known as the Lucerna. As far as I can tell, they were extremely exclusive, and were very few in numbers. It is also a very old order; I'd say a couple thousand years. They were lead by two "Masters" who, so far, are never mentioned by name. There were also four disciples, also known as the Origin, who were the first and oldest members of the Lucerna. It's been hinted that each member has some sort of special title that is earned through their time in the order. It is supposedly symbolic.

Recently, I went with a couple of others from our expedition to explore the west wing of the Temple. Most had stayed behind at the camp or were scouring the massive cathedral we found a few "days" earlier. It's particularly hard not to notice all the mirrors everywhere, and truthfully, they're a bit creepy. I can't help but wonder why there are so many...

Anyways, while we were making our way down one of the corridors, we found a massive pair of oak doors leading to what we think to be a library or antechamber of some sorts. Unfortunately, the doors are sealed, and it may take us a while to find a way to get them open....

-Silver Spectrum

Location: Lucerna Sanctuary- 15 miles underground, just north of Canterlot.

Just a few hours ago, we finally got the doors to that unknown room in the west wing to open! I was right, it was a library! There are so many books, I can hardly count them all! Just shelves and shelves of them, from floor to ceiling; two whole floors, all filled with countless pages of information!

I can hardly concentrate, just thinking of all the things we could learn from these ponies! With all we've fathered in the past two months, we've just barely scratched the surface! I don't have much time, since we're nowhere near done exploring the library. I had high hopes, but never in my wildest dreams did I imagine it would be this big. We've got our work cut out for us...

-Silver Spectrum

Something's happened. I'm not sure what, but I just have this really bad feeling all of the sudden. Our Translator, NightBlade, disappeared two hours ago and nopony has seen him since. We're all worried. He's out there by himself and Celestia knows you could wonder this place for days and never find your way out. There's been talk of going out and looking for him, but a few of us have opted to stay behind in case he returns.

And...I don't know if it's just me seeing things, or if maybe I've been spending to much time buried in those books we found in the library, but I think I'm starting to see things in the mirrors. I think this place is starting to have a negative affect, not just on me, but the group as a whole. And I-

The entry is cut short by still-sticky splatter of steadily browning crimson. Blood. Apparently, whatever had happened, it had interrupted her midsentence. But at least she knew the story now. Or at least, what little of it she had written down. She would have to ask Agririon if he knew anything about the Lucerna. And if anything, they could always find that library...

• Brohoof 3

(edited)

@,

Before she went to find Agririon and Sylvia, Muddle took some time to find the mirror she had seen the day before. It had been quite sometime since she had slept so close to the ground, and thought it seemed slightly vain, she feared insects may have crawled into her hair. 'Just don't think about it, I'm sure it's all in my... head...' She trotted slightly faster to where she had last seen the mirror. To her surprise, it was gone.

She looked around the room, clearly puzzled. 'I know I was tired, but I swore it was here?' As she continued to think, she recalled seeing a pitch black reflection of herself yesterday. 'Wait, was that the...' She shook her head, until she was sure of what she saw, now was not the time to panic. 

She quickly looked around the room again, only this time for the Agririon or Sylvia. Thankfully, she spotted Sylvia reading to herself where they had left her sleeping. She sighed in relief and  started to trot towards her. She felt slightly more at ease knowing that someone was near by.

When she was close, muddle whispered. "Hello, Sylvia, are you up?" 

Edited by Dreamless

@@,

As Agririon returned with the supplies and started cooking- lighting the stovetop with a swipe of his arm- he watched as the two girls began to rouse each other and began talking in a quiet voice. Quietly turning to Shadow, he said softly, "Yes, her name is Muddle, my dear. A bit of an odd name, if you ask me, but she is bound to you and you are bound to her, so I cannot complain much, yes?" He chuckled and then sighed. "I assume you are recovering well? Forgetting that you exist is quite the disturbing experience."

He sniffed the air a bit before grumbling and moving the pan off of the burner, sighing as the bottom of the pan was scorched. "Perhaps spirit flame wasn't the best choice to cook with. Oh, well. Let's say that I am not a culinary master." Getting out two bowls, he poured the broth into them before pushing the bowls towards the two mares. "Well, there you go. Satisfaction... not guaranteed, but it'll put something in your stomach."

@, @, @,

She sighed. "It was one of the six servants of Death assigned to watch over the Elements of Harmony. She was assigned to Laughter, and... from what I know, the pink pony and the mind of a wraith of Mortus does not mix. As you can tell, the Spectre didn't survive intact. The others keep her away from the ex-Bearer, but she still roams..."

Shelevan sighed and continued to walk on before stopping. "I assume that you must be tired after being chased and almost killed, as well as walking almost a league. There is a room we used for a hospital ward up ahead. Would you wish to recover yourselves for a bit? I don't have much food, but perhaps I might be able to find you a bed to sleep in."

• Brohoof 1

Gratefull for the rest Infernia  continued to follow the monk til she was directed to a bed, she pulled out her book writing to the Monk, "Thank you for the rest, and for your guidance." she wrote.

Laying down in the bed she looked around, <I can't sleep, rest maybe but not a full on sleep. as comforting as the dark is to me, this is a wrong disturbing kind of dark, Will I ever get out of this damnable place? I'm not sure, but hell, If I  die down here, I'll at least die attempting  to be free.> She paused her thought, , <No I cannot think like that, I'm not going to let myself die in this hell hole!> She thought resolutely.