Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private Asylum: Shudder ((The Reboot))

BlackShardNixium

"Being in this darkness is fine with me" Equinox said as he continued to follow the mare. 

Entry added

Found a mare in this god forsaken place...has a journal but it has the name of Dethnote.  Been in here so long I forgot what the light is like.  Anyways this is painful know Deranged just decided to talk making me seem very strange.." 

Equinox closed the journal

(edited)

"It's not the dark that I have a problem with, its this idiotic place." She wrote.

'Oh really? This place loves to mess with ponies doesn't it?' She thought as she entered the room turned hall way.

"I hope you know, this place will mess with you. along with apparently there is something big here that probably wants to eat your face." she stopped and wrote, a worried expression across her face.

Edited by Light's Edge

"I seen worse I bet" Equinox said as he looked around. "This place has messed with me but not yet is hasn't" Equinox said as he put the journal away. "I can't believe I got stuck in here though" Equinox said. "I wish I had my katana at the moment but I don't because it was taken"

Optyx continued to wander aimlessly, he has grateful he had found the all caliber pistol, but didn't know what he was going to have to use it on, if anything at all. A gun just felt right to Optyx, when he held it upright with his magic it just seemed perfect, Optyx didn't know much about his past, but maybe it had something to do with war?

Optyx was debating intently on his choice of continuing to explore alone, he didn't know what came over him, but working as a team just wasn't on his agenda.

"I seen worse I bet" Equinox said as he looked around. "This place has messed with me but not yet is hasn't" Equinox said as he put the journal away. "I can't believe I got stuck in here though" Equinox said. "I wish I had my katana at the moment but I don't because it was taken"

'Really? A katana?' Infernia thought, "I'll keep an eye out for a sword then, and do not take this place lightly." She wrote in still moving down the featureless hall.

'You know what would make this place better? Color, or ponies, or maybe A WAY OUT!' she thought bitterly, her eyes furrowed in anger. As she continued this angry mental tirade she looked back every so often to check the pony was still following her. At one point she paused, a roar could be heard in the distance. "Did you hear that? Just nod" she wrote quickly.

Equinox just nodded before whispering. "I think it would have heard you so no reason for me to stay quiet then" Equinox wrote something down in the journal before closing it and taking lead. "Let's get going what ever made that noise doesn't sound friendly at all" He whispered 

@, @@@,  

As the trio continued to move along, Shelevan suddenly stopped running and listened intently. There was nothing- no growls, no screams, no anything. "Well... we seem to be too late..." Sighing and shaking her head, she sighed before perking up again and looking intently into a doorway. "Come! Show yourself, you ponies lurking in the next room. I believe you are from this expedition, and I have two more of your members here."

@@,

The mare was still obviously in shock, and he didn't have time to waste. Hauling the incoherent mare upon his back- protected from his spirit energies by his wraithcloak- he quickly started down another hallway, the pony named Muddle following. "And thank you for your name, sweetheart." He grinned before turning back towards the hallway. He would stop in a few minutes, but he needed to put some distance between that monster and the rest of them.

@ @

The fuzziness clouding her mind slowly began to clear away, leaving behind the beginnings of another headache. She blinked slowly, processing the voices and shapes around her. There were two of them; a young mare and...a ghost? She shook her head, pinching her eyes shut before focusing on what they were saying.

"Silvia." she finally muttered, "My name is Silvia."

She turned her head, looking around worriedly for the bag she'd been carrying, only to find it still wrapped securely around her. Good. Maybe one of them would know how to translate that old tome...

((again, sorry for the lateness. Yesterday just wasn't my day...))

• Brohoof 1

Infernia crouched low listing to the voice, it sounded friendly, Getting up she quietly made her way to the voice stopping before a threshold. 'Expedition? That is what I was here for? seriously worst expedition EVER' she thought, 'At least I wasn't alone with katana guy.' 

She made her way out of the darkness with her book up "Hello, I'm Infernia Symphonia, Do you have any idea where we are?"

• Brohoof 1

"Well at least I wasn't alone with with this pony" Equinox said. "What the hell does she mean by expedition I don't remember you going for one of them" Deranged said. "Me either but at least we are not alone in this cursed place since there has so far been nothing except growling until now"

@@,

He turned his head slightly before pausing. "This should be far enough, methinks. Enough to take a breather, anyways." He paused. "Well... Silvia... might I inquire what you were doing back there with a monster that was going to kill you, maul you, and eat you?" Shaking his head and laughing, he set her down. "Now, take it easy. What do you have in the bag?"

@@@@,

Shelevan looked at them questioningly. "My name is Shelevan. This is my ancestral home, the Celatum. Ancient monsters have been breaking free of their imprisonment, and we need to get you out of here. Follow me- there's a staircase nearby that will take us to the next level."

@, @

Slowly, she set the bag down in front of her and once more drew out it's contents. She still had more than a few journal entries to read to understand what was going on, and she had yet to even open the sketchbook. Hopefully, her new companions had some sort of information.

"My journal, a sketchpad, and this...book...I think?"

She really had no idea how to even begin to describe the tome, or even guess what is was for. She opened it, holding it up to display the various glyphs and runes jotted onto the parchment.

"I can't read it, so I have no idea what it's for, or why I would even have it..." she said, "Do you think it has anything to do with what's going on here?"

~~~~~~~~

With a final, agonized shriek the beast fell before its victorious opponents. Thick, bubbling black blood ran in sticky torrents from the gaping wounds in its body, seeping into the dark earth. It's long, segmented legs twitched violently in its final struggles before it gave one last heave and lay still.

"That's another one down," said the Pegasus, turning to face her companion, "but it won't be long until another comes to take its place."

The Unicorn mare nodded in affirmation before closing her eyes and taking long, deep measured breaths. The brilliant emerald light coming from her horn dimmed to soft jade and she smiled peacefully.

"The time is steadily drawing closer." she whispered quietly, "I can see them much more clearly now."

She frowned suddenly, her expression twisting close to that of a worried mother.

"But it appears we are no longer the only contenders in this race, sister..."

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

@,@,

Since the moment that moment that mare had said her name, Muddle remained quiet and silently followed the two. 'Silvia~' Just thinking about the name made it resonate and repeat in her mind. She tried her best to hide the painful expression on her face, while she tried to remember. Unfortunately, nothing on the pony came to her mind... Except her name. Did she really know her? 

-

She continued to follow along until the ponies she had met stopped. Silvia had pulled out a strange book; but no matter how she looked at it, Muddle couldn't say it -or the signs within it- looked familiar. 

"Do you think it has anything to do with what's going on here?"

She looked towards Aggrion, hoping he would have an answer to the mares question.

Edited by Dreamless
  • Brohoof 2

"Okay that makes a whole lot of sense so mind explaining why the hell we are even here in the first place Shelevan" Equinox asked. "Because I don't remember coming here in the first damn place" Slowly Equinox was getting more pissed and confused as this went on.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

@, @,

He turned his head slightly before pausing. "This should be far enough, methinks. Enough to take a breather, anyways." He paused. "Well... Silvia... might I inquire what you were doing back there with a monster that was going to kill you, maul you, and eat you?" Shaking his head and laughing, he set her down. "Now, take it easy. What do you have in the bag?"

@, @, @, @,

Shelevan looked at them questioningly. "My name is Shelevan. This is my ancestral home, the Celatum. Ancient monsters have been breaking free of their imprisonment, and we need to get you out of here. Follow me- there's a staircase nearby that will take us to the next level."

Infernia wrote what the one before them said, then wrote to them, "Ok seems legitimate to me. Let's push out."

'Hah, you stupid place I can finally escape! See ya stupid monsters!' She thought smiling at the latest development, 'Things are finally turning up for me, once I get out of this place I'm gonna find out who I am then I'm gonna sleep!' She continued in her mind.

Edited by Light's Edge
  • Brohoof 1

Eclipse Scribe.

@,

"Or, here's a crazy idea..." Snapped Eclipse. "How about we don't react with open hostility to the lady who is assisting us, despite the fact that we are most likely trespassing in her home?"

He rolled his eyes and shook his head slightly - was he really travelling with ponies like this: loudmouthed and arrogant? He found it hard to believe.

"Were your wits addled as well as your memory? It would serve you will to show some humility to this kind soul - unless you would prefer to remain here?" The guardian wanted answers himself - but had learned that there were times for speaking, and times for action... and this was one of the latter. They needed to get to safety before they politely found answers to their questions.

@,

He looked back towards the masked mare - once more feeling that same surreal sense of unease, and once more pushing it from his mind in a bit to remain composed and respectful. After all, even if this was a trap of some kind there weren't any better options at that moment that he could see.

"Please, if you would show us the way I would be eternally thankful."

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

@@,

Agririon took a look at the book, going through all the different dialects and languages that he knew. After a couple  of minutes of reading, he recognized the dialect. He could speak it, but to read it...?

"I recognize the transcript," Agririon started, "But I have only seen it once before. Luckily for you, the only mare still alive that knows how to read this is a close friend of mine. She lives in an old, abandoned chapel called the Celatum when we aren't hunting demons together. We need to find a way out of here before you all are cornered and killed by these spawns of Tartarus, then perhaps we can find her and she can translate this. Although I find it odd to find this transcript out of that ancient cathedral." He shrugged. "And, personally, since I cannot read it, it will either be utterly useless in the terms of this adventure, or exceedingly important. Best hold on to it for now."

@, @, @, @,

The mare was silent for a moment. "I can only assume that this was an independent exploration that was severely misguided, since Celestia gave me her word she would not disturb the peace of my ancestral home unless in dire necessity. Although what is being released here inadvertently is certainly a grave matter indeed." She turned to the hallway. "I understand that you are confused, Mr. Equinox, but please control yourself. Your memory will return in time. I am honestly surprised that you aren't babbling mad after coming into direct eye contact with one of the Mind Monsters." Leading on, she paused after a few minues of walking before continuing on. "I can sense your confusion coming up from within you, Mr. Eclipse, so please give voice to your questions. Just do not voice them overly loudly- we may be heard by something that we do not wish to be heard by."

Edited by Nyx Assassin

Optyx stumbled over by small items and cracks in the floorboards wondering what he was heading towards. He had abandon the small group he had found in hopes that he would be able to get more done by himself, but he had started to regret his choice by the minute, the subtle but overlapping sounds of hoof steps and glass breaking was nothing, but startling.

Eclipse Scribe.

@,

"You are most perceptive, Shelevan. Quite the insightful figure. Indeed, though I fear my questions extend beyond even your own knowledge, if what you say is true."

He attempted a fleeting smile but his face just wasn't accustomed to the motion, and most likely came across as more of a pained grimace.

"As for what may be possible for you to inform us: what about this place would require a mutual understanding with the royal sisters? Why might we have found ourselves here?" Thinking of the right questions when one wasn't even completely certain of who they are was difficult. "I cannot believe that the princess would break an oath like you suggest: but what is it that might suggest that to you?"

Keeping his voice low and spear raised, the guardian kept close to the mare. No doubt in his mind that she wasn't so defenceless as she might appear... but old habits die hard. He was a guard - it was what he did. Besides, he could speak more quietly this way.

"And what manner of creatures lurk here, which unnerve you so? How might we defend ourselves, as you clearly have for some time?"

"I understand that you are confused, Mr. Equinox, but please control yourself. Your memory will return in time. I am honestly surprised that you aren't babbling mad after coming into direct eye contact with one of the Mind Monsters."

"Trust me when you deal with what I deal with being mad is something normal now" Equinox said. "What the hell do you m- Oh right me..you too used to me being in your head are you" Deranged asked Equinox. "Yeah well after so many years with you in my head you get used to everything crazy and insane"

(edited)

@@@@,

She paused for a moment. "Before I answer those, allow me to ask you a question- why were you sent on this expedition without knowledge of the dangers that reside within these mirrors?" She slowed down, looking at Eclipse Scribe intently and... slightly angry? She masked it very well, but it was there- just a hint of anger. But from what, you could not tell."

Edited by Nyx Assassin

Optyx was peering into rooms to see if anything was there that could be of service, but nothing was there except for empty desks and shards of glass. Optyx started to hear growling, he turned around and looked through the corridor of the hallway with his pistol ready, he thought he heard something and fired off three shots in the direction and proceeded to run away.

Eclipse Scribe.

@,

Eclipse paused for thought before sighing and shaking his head in a gesture of frustration.

"I would tell you milady, if I knew myself. Perhaps the danger has been forgotten? Perhaps we knew not our destination - or were never intended to find this place?"

Things would be so much easier when he regained his memory somewhat - he could only speculate at the moment.

"Perhaps it was thought that some of this... this expedition might prove disloyal if they knew the danger, that it might be necessary to brave... or perhaps we did know, and were blindsided somehow?" He motioned somewhat to the red stains which ran down his left foreleg with a hoof - the trail of drying blood from underneath the armour. "In the dark, I fear that may well be a possibility."

She seemed... darker. Like some veil of shadow had been drawn across her. The guardian wasn't certain of the reason, but he could draw the conclusion that it was likely directed towards himself - or at least, towards the 'group' he had supposedly been traveling with. He bowed slightly.

"My sincere apologies, priestess. Your kindness might well prove our salvation: and if I can repay you in any way you need only say, but my memory and mind are not as sharp as they should be."

• Brohoof 1

@@,  @,

"Priestess? I am no priest. Merely a monk and a guardian." She looked set to respond further on the topic, but then she noticed the bloodstains. "You are hurt..." She moved on a few paces before guiding everyone under a large arch and through a pair of double doors, leading into what appeared to be a hall for meditation and prayer, its walls lined with reflective surfaces that glimmered with power that was not in the room.

She made her way to the back of the room, levitating poultices and bindings near Eclipse. "Take off your armor if you are able. Have you memory of the wound?"

Turning to Equinox and Infernia, she looked at them as she awaited Cinderscribe. "You two have not spoken in some time, despite your previously outspoken demeanor... is there anything wrong?"

@@,

There was a roar nearby, causing Agririon to jump a bit. Replacing the book in Silvia's satchel, he picked up both mares and placed them gently on his back. "Alright, time to go find the others." Moving softly, he gently glided over shattered glass and traces of blood.

((Thinking of locating Muddle's Shadow next. Not sure what state she's in...))

"

Turning to Equinox and Infernia, she looked at them as she awaited Cinderscribe. "You two have not spoken in some time, despite your previously outspoken demeanor... is there anything wrong?"

"There is nothing wrong...Besides I'm usually quiet" Equinox said as he looked around before takin out the journal again

New Journal entry

Well lucky me I found a few others here and at least they haven't tried to kill us at all. At least Deranged is till in my head and hasn't taken form yet but other then that I still haven't remember a thing on why I am here and why I accepted this"

Equinox closed the journal and looked at the one who talked to him and the other pony. "Is there a reason why we can't remember anything"

• Brohoof 1