Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do you lift?

CosmicHooves

I could lift the weight bar, does that count?

The full size bar bell is 45lb (20.4kg) so yes, it does count! Infarct the weight lifting plan I am on now (strong lifts 5x5) has you start the first day doing all the lifts with just the bar. 1, so you can get the from down before you start adding weight, and 2 so people that have not lifted before have a place to start. if you keep lifting the bar (if that is all you can do, if you can do more then doing just the bar will not help you to much) then soon you will be able to do more then just the bar. every one started some where. when I was a freshman in high school, we did pull ups in gym class and I could not even do one :blush: and it was kind of an eye opener, my brother had a pull up bar and after that I would try and do one ever few days, and the next time we did pull ups in gym a few mouths latter I could do 3 or so and it felt so good to not be the kid that could not even do one anymore! 

I think the new fluffle puff video fits right in with this thread.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vJ8nJb6buN0 

• Brohoof 1

I actually just started working out with my friend recently. Needless to say, I'm weak as hell right now lol. In the end though, I'm glad he dragged me to the gym. I get out of the house more and we get to hang out more that way :)

• Brohoof 1

I actually just started working out with my friend recently. Needless to say, I'm weak as hell right now lol. In the end though, I'm glad he dragged me to the gym. I get out of the house more and we get to hang out more that way :)

That's perfect, that's all you need really...a friend who takes you there in the beginning. After working out together for a while, with a supportive attitude of eachother, you will get better and better, and see the progress you're making. And that will motivate you to keep going, better than anything else could.

That's at least how I experienced it...just had to break the ice of doubt and inconfidence at the start, and after that, it went on almost by itself. 

Other than that, I hope you keep it up, you won't regret it, ever  ;)

• Brohoof 1

I don't really like to lift, but I have to do it in my fitness course at College every thuesday morning, and yes it is hours away from right now, but I feel uncomfortable doing this type of workout... I just can't seems to do sets of reps in a good way and when I try to do it, it does get uncomfortable for my muscles and my physical endurance.

That's perfect, that's all you need really...a friend who takes you there in the beginning. After working out together for a while, with a supportive attitude of eachother, you will get better and better, and see the progress you're making. And that will motivate you to keep going, better than anything else could.

That's at least how I experienced it...just had to break the ice of doubt and inconfidence at the start, and after that, it went on almost by itself. 

Other than that, I hope you keep it up, you won't regret it, ever  ;)

Thanks! :) I've only been going for a week so far but it feels good. I have a really good feeling about this :3

• Brohoof 1

Thanks! :) I've only been going for a week so far but it feels good. I have a really good feeling about this :3

Keep going, keep seeing results and you'll get hooked eventually.  :P

(edited)

As a personal trainer it makes me feel really great anytime i hear someone say something like that! /)

If youd like a little help message me up and ill help you a little bit! :3

Edited by Blazing_Dash
  • Brohoof 1

Keep going, keep seeing results and you'll get hooked eventually.  :P

I think I might already be hooked lol. I actually got back like an hour ago. It feels good, man :)

As a personal trainer it makes me feel really great anytime i hear someone say something like that! /)

If youd like a little help message me up and ill help you a little bit! :3

Thanks! And maybe I will sometime :3

I think I might already be hooked lol. I actually got back like an hour ago. It feels good, man :)

Excellent! Now go out there and conquer the world, brother!  :D

1f89fcba19e20c3f389bc314649a7013.jpg

Excellent! Now go out there and conquer the world, brother!  :D

img-3557177-1-1f89fcba19e20c3f389bc31464

We shall conquer together! lol How long have you been at it for? It's been only two weeks for me so far >.<

We shall conquer together! lol How long have you been at it for? It's been only two weeks for me so far >.<

I've been at it since the start of 2013, on and off.  :P

Currently legpressing around 360 lbs. Amazing, right? lol

I've been at it since the start of 2013, on and off.  :P

Currently legpressing around 360 lbs. Amazing, right? lol

It's definitely a lot better than what I can do lol. I was actually doing legs today as well xD

It's definitely a lot better than what I can do lol. I was actually doing legs today as well xD

Keep at it, and you'll reach high numbers eventually. Do you aim for getting shredded? lol  :D

Keep at it, and you'll reach high numbers eventually. Do you aim for getting shredded? lol  :D

Thanks again. :D and excuse my newbieness but what does "shredded" mean? lmao