Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do you lift?

CosmicHooves

Thanks again. :D and excuse my newbieness but what does "shredded" mean? lmao

Shredded is another word for ripped, aka having very visible muscles, six pack etc.

(edited)

Shredded is another word for ripped, aka having very visible muscles, six pack etc.

Oh okay, haha. Right now I'm just trying to get into the habit and get used to how things work. I'm not aiming to get a six pack but some muscles would be nice c:

Edited by LatinoChurro

(edited)

Literately started on Friday, my cus gave me all of his spare weights, dumbbells and lifting bar, he also taught me some exercises for my biceps, shoulders and abs.

Least to say, I lost feeling in my arms after learning all of these. 

Edited by Lag Spike

(edited)

My limit is 45 lbs on all of them, I just can't seem to surpass it. Its embarrassing to admit, but i can't even lift a stupid box of cat litter from sams club. 

Edited by Candy Star

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, I lift. I mainly use weight machines right now as opposed to free weights. I'm waiting on one of my cousins who said he'd help me learn proper form for free weights before using those. 

By "free weights" I'm not talking about dumbbells. Those are easy and I use them on a fairly regular basis.

I'm able to lift at least 100 pounds on most machines involving my arms, and I'm able to lift at least 200 pounds on most machines involving my legs. 

I maxed out the leg press months ago. Right now my max is around 15 reps at 480 pounds. I'd go higher but that's as high as the machine in my high school's gym uses. Going to be signing up for a local gym or using the fitness center at college after I graduate high school in a few months and hopefully those will have leg press machines that go way higher.

I don't know the name of this machine but I sit in a seat and push on two handles straight out, perpendicular to my chest. My 1 rep max on this right now is about 225 pounds, and I can do about 10 reps at 150 pounds. Funny story, I almost launched myself out of this machine once when I applied force at a seriously wrong angle. 

I can currently do about 300 pounds on the squat machine. It hurts like fuck but I've managed not to injure myself yet. I've gotten up to about 215 pounds on this machine where I pull down a bar using my legs. 

My 1 rep max on this machine where I sit in a seat with a chest rest titled forward and pull up two handles perpendicular to my chest is about 205 pounds. 

So yeah, I'm nowhere near as strong as I want to be yet but I've been making progress. Only started lifting regularly less than a year ago. For example, on the 2nd machine I described on which I currently have a 225 pound 1 rep max and can do about 10 reps at 150 pounds, I could barely do 1 rep at 130 pounds without pissing myself when I first started out.

• Brohoof 1

Thanks again. :D and excuse my newbieness but what does "shredded" mean? lmao

Ripped means a high level of muscle definition. Bodybuilders on stage are ripped, good example in pretty sure you'll know. :) you don't have to be massive to be ripped though

Yeah, I lift. I mainly use weight machines right now as opposed to free weights. I'm waiting on one of my cousins who said he'd help me learn proper form for free weights before using those. 

By "free weights" I'm not talking about dumbbells. Those are easy and I use them on a fairly regular basis.

I'm able to lift at least 100 pounds on most machines involving my arms, and I'm able to lift at least 200 pounds on most machines involving my legs. 

I maxed out the leg press months ago. Right now my max is around 15 reps at 480 pounds. I'd go higher but that's as high as the machine in my high school's gym uses. Going to be signing up for a local gym or using the fitness center at college after I graduate high school in a few months and hopefully those will have leg press machines that go way higher.

I don't know the name of this machine but I sit in a seat and push on two handles straight out, perpendicular to my chest. My 1 rep max on this right now is about 225 pounds, and I can do about 10 reps at 150 pounds. Funny story, I almost launched myself out of this machine once when I applied force at a seriously wrong angle. 

I can currently do about 300 pounds on the squat machine. It hurts like fuck but I've managed not to injure myself yet. I've gotten up to about 215 pounds on this machine where I pull down a bar using my legs. 

My 1 rep max on this machine where I sit in a seat with a chest rest titled forward and pull up two handles perpendicular to my chest is about 205 pounds. 

So yeah, I'm nowhere near as strong as I want to be yet but I've been making progress. Only started lifting regularly less than a year ago. For example, on the 2nd machine I described on which I currently have a 225 pound 1 rep max and can do about 10 reps at 150 pounds, I could barely do 1 rep at 130 pounds without pissing myself when I first started out.

You said it hurts, it's not a sharp pain that actually is pain , or in the joints is it? Because that is very bad.

If its just muscle burning then thats fine.

"pain"is a trigger word for me as a trainer so i take thay word pretty seriously! Just making sure your not damaging you body.

• Brohoof 2

You said it hurts, it's not a sharp pain that actually is pain , or in the joints is it? Because that is very bad. If its just muscle burning then thats fine. "pain"is a trigger word for me as a trainer so i take thay word pretty seriously! Just making sure your not damaging you body.

Most of the time it's muscle burning, but sometimes it's more severe. I do feel pain in my joints sometimes, and sometimes it feels like someone stabbed me in the arm or leg with a knife. 

This hasn't happened to me recently, but on a certain machine I felt like I was going to black out sometimes. I got really dizzy and everything went white for a split second.

Most of the time it's muscle burning, but sometimes it's more severe. I do feel pain in my joints sometimes, and sometimes it feels like someone stabbed me in the arm or leg with a knife. 

This hasn't happened to me recently, but on a certain machine I felt like I was going to black out sometimes. I got really dizzy and everything went white for a split second.

I would suggest finding one of the trainers, or if you cant afford it ask someone a bit more familiar with everything for some help. Its not worth getting injured over, trust me ive had a knee, shoulder, and low back injury!

Should not be feeling an exercise in your joints!

• Brohoof 1