Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do you lift?

CosmicHooves

(edited)

I play shot put and discus in track and feild.

So I have to lift weights in order to maintain a healthy physical body and muscles.

So does anyone lift too?

I mean like take it seriously.

Edited by Sugar Dash
  • Brohoof 3

(edited)

UHHHHHHH no. :D I do heavy cardio for the most part because I'm more concerned at the moment to drop the weight I need before I work on toning

EDIT: tips would be appreciated for someone who wants to tone >____>

Edited by Kelpie

Brethren, doest thou ascend objects of great heft?

No, I don't...don't have a chance too really...other then moving the heavy stuff around.

• Brohoof 1

I throw Shotput and Discus also, as well as Javelin. The only real working out I do is during football season, and the summer training workouts.

But, to answer your question, yes, I lift.

I only lift as self punishment, when I feel I've done something terrible. I make it painful, like lifting the 20lb weights 2000 times on a set time limit. My arms felt like they died afterwards.

I used to go with friends to the gym and we'd basically kill each other for years. Sadly though, we all got busy and up-caught in our lives and no longer go. I don't see me ever going again, as I don't like paying for a spotter and having to trust them. My favorite lift was definitely squat. Used to be able to do 2.3x my own weight, and it felt great!

I mean like take it seriously.

This is great, I love how the joke is so well known you have to actually put that you're being serious, haha! Anyways, I used to in High School, I was a beast. As for now, I don't anymore, but I would love to get back into it.

• Brohoof 2

I go to my university's fitness center about three or four times a week. I'm doing a gradual strength-building program which includes squats, overhead press, bench press, and other supplementary exercises. Squatting actually helps my left knee which has gotten balky over the past few months.

I guess I take it seriously, then.

• Brohoof 1

When I was in High School I lifted like a mad man, boy I use to life until I would throw up, then just keep on a going, man...I kinda wanna get back into it! :yay:

I favor high-weight, few-rep exercises.

There is a lot of debate among weight lifters as to the benefits of high weight and low reps and high reps and low weight but I have had my best results with a mixture of both. I tend to start with low weight and then gradually increase the weight with each set, when I am working lower body I sometimes do something called burnouts which is to gradually increase the weight with each set and then perform more sets while gradually decreasing the weight.

Well, it's like a sport, without any purpose. o_O So I find it non-productive, boring, so I don't lift. I prefer sports like climbing, where you actually want to reach the top.

It makes you stronger.

Therefore it is productive.