Kota Foxx - Cute Voices

kotafoxx

So yeah, Cute Voices is my most played song (not my best though). I used vocal samples of the Cutie Mark Crusaders from that 'Bad Seed' song. When I made this, I had no idea how to master or eq, but I want to redo, rebuild and master it. So if anypony has a suggestion, question, or critique, reply or pm me :P /)

Here's the link:

It's a good listen, but the #1 thing I gripe about when it comes to electronic music is the lack of VARIANCE. You had that first part repeat 4 times, when it came to the fill-in, I was expecting a totally different beat, but you kept it similar. 

Also, you used the SAME voice clip a little too much. Could've used more clips and diversify things a bit. 

In terms of your percussion, it's a bit bland. You might need some better samples, for I could see you were trying to put some dubstep in there. The snare especially could use some work. You kept your rhythms pretty much almost the same, which returns back to the subject on variance. It is very hard to vary on electronic songs, since they are guided on a simple 4/4 beat (1 and 2 and 3 and 4 and)

Try experimenting with different beats. 

In terms of the mastering, you need more low-end. There's too much treble, which is making some uncessary noise stick out. 

It's a good start but it could use a lot more work.

5.5/10

PM me if you need help and don't understand some of the things I said in my review. I am very experienced in music, music theory and composition. 

• Brohoof 1