Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Could the ancient dieties have been tulpae?

Adachi

(edited)

After learning about how tulpae can become real, I got to thinking. What if all these gods and goddesses from ancient mythology existed in a way, but were really tulpae? Someone had to have seen them at least once, for all these people to have been so dedicated to their religions. I think someone, when trying to explain the mysteries of life, made up a diety in their head, and that person invested a lot of faith in that diety they made up, and through their faith, it developed into a tulpa. Since they could always see the tulpa with their mind's eye, and possibly even impose it, and interact with it with all 5 senses (basically, do anything except pick it up), then it would be obvious that they would believe that the diety they thought up was an actual diety, because they were able to interact with it in so many different ways. Eventually, other people started believing in that diety, and they too ended up with similar tulpae within their heads.

This would explain why some people receive visions, and most others don't The ones receiving the visions, their visions were brought to them by their tulpae. And this also explains why pagans tend to hear voices from the dieties that they worship (although from what I remember, pagans have a drastically different school of thought when it comes to dieties).

I hope I didn't offend anyone with this topic. It is merely a theory, not stating it as fact.

Edited by Princess of the Sun
  • Brohoof 1

Being a Heathen I disagree. If it was through Tulpae effect, then some of the gods would be much different they currently are. One example is that I'm a lokean, meaning my patron is Loki. A lot of the old stories about him say he's evil and malicious, but I know this to be false. Just my two cents

Being a Heathen I disagree. If it was through Tulpae effect, then some of the gods would be much different they currently are. One example is that I'm a lokean, meaning my patron is Loki. A lot of the old stories about him say he's evil and malicious, but I know this to be false. Just my two cents

Yeah that's true. Although if one expects certain things from a tulpa, they will usually take the form that's expected of them without too much deviation. Also, most of the religious art of different dieties looks a lot different.

Although on the other hoof, nobody knows just how much a tulpa is capable of deviating.

You said that someone must have seen them for the following, but I believe there are two other options. The first is that man is a very gullible creature and will latch on things that make them feel better so it's possible it was all a creation or also a psychologist has put forth the "Stoned Cavemen Theory" in which ancient humans as hunter-gatherer societies gathered some psychedelic mushrooms and were unaware of the effects on the psyche and then had an experience in which they envisioned a deity (it happens all the time today with psychedelics in which a person "sees" or "hears" God).

To the question of Tulpae that seems like a great point and I find that very possible and could be a combination of both theories. A person had an imagined experience like the stoned caveman (although without psychedelics) and then man being a gullible creature latched on to this person's account of the divine.

I'd say it could be possible, because you could see the point of view of a ancient deity and wonder to yourself whether they were actually evil or not. So, ancient deities could be tulpae.