Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private (FoE) Old Friend Paths

notten1

Libby

I saw the third pony appear from inside with a weapon. I did not know what to think. What was I seeing. Perhaps I should just stay back on my hill a little longer or should I help the mare. I don't know what to do. Think Libby, think! Maybe I shouldn't have left the stable. Is the quest for lost history or magic or history worth my life!? I continued to watch in shock, my eyes wide open.

Upon Caprisha squealing and hiding shielding her face followed by the quick appearance of Line (who didn't seem to care really that I was about to punch the daylights out of her friend), my shock slowly began to fade. Even though my blood was rushing and I felt the dire urge to see somepony else's, I stayed my hoof and pushed of Caprisha with a shaky but firm hoof to her sternum. Standing over her, I felt somewhat guilty as she cowered. The ground around my hooves was seemingly burnt as well....possibly from the sudden burst of magic. 

With a humph, my hooves turned me around and off the terrified, orange mare. "Leave me alone for a good time," I ordered as a warning with a slight grit in my teeth. My adrenaline was way too rampant. What was that stupid mare thinking? I would have killed her...Lucky...But...that power...

I looked up to the wasteland for a moment, trying to get my mind off my rage with the barren destruction and the dustbowl of wind. I thought for a moment I saw a figure of a pony in the distance for a brief glimpse before proceeding a good walk away from the two mares. I needed to calm. I needed to kill something...

Edited by Aerodynas

Libby

Libby dropped down from sight. Oh no, did he see me? Is he heading my way. This is not good. I curled up into a ball, hoping that my hill would hide me from these lunatics. Maybe it's not two late to go back to my stable...if only I could remember the way. I began to sob for a few seconds. My only hope in this wasteland are crazy and I have no way of returning home. Now my life is in danger.

I began to convulse from fear. I levitated my 1911 out of my saddle bag, cocking it. Just in case I would need to defend myself. How long should I wait before I try to make contact? Perhaps I should wait till he leaves. If he dose, maybe I can befriend the orange mare.

@@Aerodynas, @@notten1,

I simply sat there in shock for a few seconds while watching the stallion walk away before finally getting to my hooves. What the hell just happened? I look around once again, still seeing the wasteland instead of the shack I had been in moments, which was now a little bit a way from where they were sitting. Then I looked down at the grass, chard. But... how could that happen? Was I really in that much shock that I teleported us out here? Did Line get teleported too? What happened?

I kept asking myself the same question over and over again, but no matter how many times I asked myself, I still couldn't get an answer. I looked over to Line and gave her a pleading look. "Line... what happened? How did we end up out here? Why is it that Mr. Stallion there is so upset with me again?" I ask quietly. I was in too much shock right now to remember much.

I stood in confusion as Caiesm went off in rage and Caprisha ranting questions. I was stuck staring at Caiesm, in part sadness and gladness. I knew that something about him changed, I knew that he could be good. Wait, I am I really getting this into me? Eh... Anyways, I was broken from my trance, by a Question Ranting Caprisha. Oh no, did I not listen to her? Although I knew what she might have been asking about, as am I. "Ehm... You're still outside of the Shack, Prisha, You're just looking the wrong way" Not moving at all, just... still staring at him. I told myself to stop, although I didn't, I just kept watching him walking... and walking. I wanted to go with him, instead of him wanting to follow me and the caravan. I... I felt complied to... Although I knew that he was hot-headed at the moment, but still... I wanted to. I then turned my head slightly to Caprisha, not leaving my eyes from Caiesm's backside. "Eh... D-Do you mind asking me those questions later? I-I've gotta do somethin'" I then sped from a small trot, to a trot, to a full on Gallop, to catch up to him, although slowing down as I got closer. "H...Hi Caiesm, what happened over there?"

@@notten1,@@Skycoaster, @@Charcoal Embers,

As I moved farther away from the shack, I saw the object I had ignored earlier move. What the?...We're being followed...I stopped and stared for a moment, awaiting to see what the object would do while breathing strenuously from my nostrils. I wanted to go kill whatever it was following us in a blind rage, my body aching for me to rejuvenate my blood lust. My hooves were about to carry me forward before I heard a familiar voice from behind.

Without giving Line any eye contact, keeping my attention to the now motionless object in the distance, I addressed her back in my angered manner. "What are you some sort of Follower of the Apocalypse? Go away mare before I throttle you like I almost did that Caprisha mare," I growled threateningly. I wasn't even thinking of how cruel my voice sounded, knowing it as what it had been for almost my entire life. In my defense, I didn't know the capabilities of the tracker. If it was of sniping caliber, their lives could be in great danger. Move again...just one more time...

@@Aerodynas, @@notten1,

I groaned in frustration. I thought Line was a friend. Or at least somepony who would care. As Line walked off I followed her. I didn't know where the stallion was going, but where ever it was I wasn't going to follow him. This was in Line's best interest. After the stallion spoke to Line I grabbed her tail with my magic and pulled her a little ways back towards me. I was getting a little tired of Line just up and leaving me and not only that, but the stallion was not exactly in a talking mood.

I pulled Line back and made sure to get a grip on her with my magic and also wrapped a hoof around her waist to make sure she didn't go. "Look, just leave him be for now. He is obviously not in the mood to talk to us right now. Just let him cool off for now. I want to talk to you if you don't mind." I said, hoping Line wouldn't do anything stupid.

@@Aerodynas,

Libby

I stood there frightened as the stallion walked in my general direction. I began to make my way around the hill, trying to avoid detection by the angry stallion. Did all stallion have a temper like that? My best friends dad did in the vault, and other than my dad, he was the only stallion I have met. 

I stood there still frozen, though I begin to shake. Just look away...please just look away, than I can make a run for it.

Edited by Skycoaster

I... I was feeling crushed inside... All the time we've spent... All the memories we've shared... and I felt... Horrible. All I did was stop and slam my plot into the dirt, staring at Caiesm in disbelief. All I did was stare... sad and less hopeful than before. I noticed that there was a pony next to me, Caprisha. She wanted to talk to me, I just don't know anymore. I didn't know anything. All I knew was trading and some things about Guns. I gave sad, disheartened reply to Caprisha, "Yes? What do you want?" My face and head, now filled now with mourn and morose, looked in Caiesm's direction. My heart feeling mislead, Feeling... Hard...

@@Charcoal Embers,@@Skycoaster, @@notten1,

My ear only twitched to the sound of Line slamming down into a sit on the ground. I didn't really care that she was angry. I was angry too. Emotions were of very little concern at this exact moment with danger lurking on the hillside. It wouldn't move...Maybe it was nothing...but my weathered instincts told me differently. A slight wind gusted through my mane, causing me to have to blink for a split second before zoning everything else out of my mind. Come on...I know you're there...do something...move!

In a sudden rush and frustration of time being wasted, I levitated Line's gun that I knew was on her back a few feet above my head before firing it loudly, knowing that if the object I was staring at was indeed a pony, the gunfire would likely reciprocate a reaction. 

@@notten1, @@Aerodynas,

I sigh at how Line is acting. Serioulsy, it's not like he said that he hated her. All he said was to leave him alone. He is in a really angry mood. And... while technically it is my fault, I won't bring it up. But I just really wish that she would just calm down about this. I really don't think that it is that big of a deal.

I pat Line on the shoulder and turn her to look her straight in the eye, her pretty blue eyes. "Look, I don't want much. But I just want to talk to you. Why is it that you don't want to talk to me? Have I offended you in some way? I want to get to know the group. And obviously Mr. Gumpy will not really be all that willing to talk. So please, just ta-" My sentence is suddenly cut off by the sound of a gunshot that caused me to jump a little. I looked at where it came from and it was the stallion, with the gun that Line had before.

I, in my sad displeasure, felt a tug on my back. I was going to look back and see what was being done with it... but... I was drawn away by Caprisha, her eyes trying to peirce mine. Although I was still worried what happened to it, I wanted to have it back with me. I was abbout to speak to her, I wanted although to get my rifle, yet I felt she needed a talk aswell. I opened my mouth, about to speak. My words were instead cut off by a .308 being shot off. I knew it was a .308 because it was the same sound the rung as I fired my rifle. I immediatly turned around, in a worrisome and recovering posture walked up to him. I ripped the rifle from his telekinetic grips, putting it in mine. I was about to talk, when I traced his eyes in a general direction, and I saw a figure, a Silouette was appearing. I knew it, T-That must be the reason he was going away, i-it must have been! It must have! I-I don't really have another choice that would make me happy, I hope...

@@Charcoal Embers, @@Aerodynas, @@notten1,

Libby

I stood, still in shock, as I see a gun aimed at me. I closed my eyes, thinking over my choice to leave stable 115. As a shot rang out, I suddenly dropped to my belly, all fours spread out, quivering in fear. Had he intentionally missed? I still could not figure out. After a few seconds I somewhat regain my composer, the 1911 by my side.

"I....UM...I..." I said shaking "WHAT DID I EVER DO TO YOU...I'M...I'M SCARED..I'M  LOST, AND HUNGRY. HOW WAS I SUPPOSED TO KNOW THAT THE GROUP OF PONIES I WAS FALLOWING, HOPING THEY...THEY COULD HELP ME WHEN I LEFT MY STABLE WHERE PSYCHOPATHS....JUST GET AWAY FORM ME!"

"WHAT DID I EVER DO TO YOU!" as she began to sob, though still holding her gun, but very shaky. "ALL I WANTED WAS TO FIND SOME OF THE LOST MAGIC FROM BEFORE THE WAR!"

@@Skycoaster,@@Charcoal Embers, @@notten1,

Line yanking the weapon back was of no composition when I saw the image move and start screaming out for the whole wasteland to hear. Dumb...That will cost you your life...Like the bullet that flew from Line's rifle, I was in a dead sprint towards the pony that yelled, drawing my sword menacingly. My job was to protect the caravan from the wasteland and that was exactly what I intended to do, no matter the extent of the threat. As I continued closing in, I could tell that the pony had a weapon...and I well kept one at that. In preparation, my eyes focused on the small gun, ready to perform any maneuvers necessary to reach the pony and end it before I took a bullet. 

@@Aerodynas, @@Skycoaster, @@notten1,

So much was happening at once it was hard to keep track of everything. But what I do know is that the stallion is mad, Line is sad for no reason and the stallion is running at something. I would just say that it was nothing, but then I hear a scream, one that brings back memories... ones that I had thought I had forgotten. Without thinking I suddenly begin running as fast as I can to the same spot the stallion is running. My mind was blank as my past begins to come back. The screams... why must it be screams.

As I run I can now see what the stallion is running at. To my horror it is just a mare, in an outfit I have only seen a few times before, but not for a long time. My horn begins to glow once more as I begin to try and concentrate. I don't know what I did right, but with helping that mare being the only thing on my mind I suddenly flash and find myself on top of her.

Edited by Charcoal Embers

@@Charcoal Embers, @@Aerodynas, @@notten1,

Libby

I was startled as the orange mare suddenly appeared on top of me. I was distracted for just a moment, till I looked back to see the crazed stallion charging me, sword drawn. Shaking, I levitated my 1911 and fired a shot in self defense. My adrenalin kicked in, causing me to jerk the trigger. To my shock, I heard the sound of led hitting metal, and burred my head into the dirt, expecting the worst, shaking and muttering. "Luna...protect...me..." Still shaking a bit. I clutched the medallion with a hoof that hung around my neck. It was of a crescent moon and was one of her few possessions. It was handed down from each generation of my family.

@@Skycoaster, @@Aerodynas,

I don't exactly know what happened. All I know is that I herd another gun shot and I also heard the clang of metal. I would have looked, but my eyes were busy with the mare below me. She looked so scared. She needed comfort, and right now, I was the best thing for her. What with the stallion sucking when it comes to talking to ponies and Line being upset about him it looks like it will be up to me to be able to calm this mare down. I just hope that I have the right idea to do this.

Not even hesitating for what I need to do I slowly wrap my hooves around the mare and hold her close. "Shhhh... there there. Calm down. everything is okay. The bad stallion won't hurt you. I promise." I said, hoping those were the right words for her.

@@Charcoal Embers,@@Skycoaster,

The pony had fired at me as expected, though the lucky bastard disarmed me by richocheing the bullet off my sword that flipped far off in the dirt. Probably had a large hole in it too...my sword...useless now...I had paused my senile sprint for only a moment in watching the blade fly in a shower of sparks before establishing an even greater rage than before. That pony would pay for destroying my only prized possession, no matter if that damned teleporting mare was on top of her or not. If she wanted to suffer the same fate then so be it. "Drop the pony and back away Caprisha or you will suffer the same fate!" I roared, not exactly knowing why I said anything while I corrected myself back into my sprint. I was closing in with the burning dirt of the irradiated wasteland on my hooves. They were so eager to feel the pleasing thud against the hardened face of the mare who shot the weapon.

Seeing that Caprisha had no intention of standing down and in fact preferred holding the mare, I sprung in and tackled the both of them, sending them into a heap on the ground. As soon as I recovered from the brief stun, my attacks upon them would be relentless. 

@@Aerodynas, @@Charcoal Embers, @@notten1,

Libby

"Back...back away or the next...next one will be in you head you...you lunatic!" I yelled at the charging stallion. If it where not for this pony on my back I would have been able to run, but now all that was between me and death was my pistol, and this orange mare that was on my back.

"All I'm trying to do is make a friend in the wasteland, and I've been charged at, Shot at, and held down. What did I ever do to deserve this!" as I struggle to move under the weight of the mare on my back.

As we tumbled down the hill, my life flashed before my very eyes, In shock I did the only think I knew how to do, lay on the ground and put my hooves over my head.

(edited)

Then, after a loud, yet faded shout. I heard a plea for help in that scream, a... scared scream. I would be scared too, but I knew better than to yell it out loud. Although, I knew that fighting and trying to kill isn't the right way to do this. I knew I had to end this. I bolted, how ever slow, compared to Caiesm, who was bolting with Rage. I knew my Attempts won't work, although I kept trying, I have to keep trying, I can't fail. I chased, even to the point to where I saw Caprisha appear on top of the Figure. I knew he wanted to kill it. I kept running, and running. I tried as hard as I could to yell at him to stop, or to try Diplomacy, but I knew that it flew over his head like RadRoaches over Tom. Anyhoof, I knew that things won't end well. While I was galloping, I saw Caiesm Tackle Caprisha, and to my astonished eyes, it was a Stable Pony, those were a rare kind of ponies in the wastes, Last time I saw one was when I freed one that was a slave. She was broken, couldn't see or know what was really happening on in the wasteland. Only consumed by Fear and Curiosity. Snapped back into my focus of the surrounding, time nearly froze. I found a Small Trunk of old Wood, I can't, yet I had to. I grabbed the trunk in this almost Lucid Dream event. I knew what was going to come, I needed to though. I hit him in the side, knocking him down, himself knocked unconscious from the sudden blow. Myself, tired and winded said remorsefully, "I-I... I'm sorry... Caiesm" I then looked up to the Stable pony and said one word, "Why..."

Edited by notten1

@@notten1, @@Skycoaster, @@Aerodynas,

When I felt another pony get on top of me I nearly had a hear attack. I would have tried to use the moment he was stunned to do something, but I was too tired from teleporting to be able to do anything except close my eyes and wait for the beating I was about to receive. But it never came. I waited a few seconds, I even waited after I head a crack, like the sound of a large branch hitting something hard and breaking. I wait for a few second to see if anything was coming before cracking my eyes open to see. To my amazement I saw the stallion laying on the ground unconscious and Line holding a broken branch of wood in her magic before dropping it to the ground. I simply look at her, then at the stallion, then back at her for a few second before turning back to the mare under me.

She was still scared and cowering below me. I guess all that stuff she said was probably true. Or at least it would make a lot of sense if she really was from a stable like her uniform and her pipbuck showed. I had never actually had the chance to see a real pipbuck before this close up. Though I suppose trying it out would be a bit rude right now so I will just wait till later to ask about it. For now I suppose I should just try and get this mare to calm down a bit. No one likes talking to a pony while she is scared shitless like this one.

I get a bit closer to the mare and wrap my hooves around her and hug her tightly. Knowing how scared she is she is probably not really in the mood for much talking. But the least I can so is try and soothe her with my voice. "Shhh... there there. Calm down now. The bad pony is gone. He won't hurt you anymore." I promised the mare as I begin slowly rubbing her back as well.

@@Charcoal Embers,@@Aerodynas, @@notten1,

Libby

I finally stood up, trembling, looking at the unconscious stallion, than to the mare that knocked her out. "I...I..."

I feel two hooves wrap around me, in shock, I had no idea what to do, until the orange mare tried to comfort me. I return he embrace, burring my face into her chest and began sobbing. "I...I..." she cryed. "I snuck out of my stable...I...I followed the first pony I saw, and it was you guys....All I wanted was some friends...and..and to find some of the...the lost magic before the war.." I looked up to the orange mare, a tear in my eye. "Thank...Thank you for saving me. My..My name is Libby"

Edited by Skycoaster

@@Skycoaster, @@notten1,

I smiled at the surprisingly pink mare and patted her on the head. Yeah, this one was definitely a stable pony. No doubt in my mind now. I have never, ever met a mare, besides myself, that kept her mane and fur looking nice and clean. Though, I did smile a bit more when I saw that my little pat on the head caused the mare's name to spike up a bit. She does have a nice name though. Libby. I am going to have to remember that name. It is a pretty cute name. And I guess it matches this equally cute mare as well. She was just so cute with how innocent she was. I never see that in the wasteland except with the occasion colt or filly.

Though I continue to keep one hoof on her back to continue to rub her back soothingly so as to keep her calm and talking. That was good. I have always seen that when ponies are scared, talking makes them forget that they are scare. Thus making them much easier to talk to and also making them much easier to have a conversation with as well.

Though, I do have to admit, sneaking out of a stable? I have heard some crazy things in my time, but that just simply sounds crazy. Everything I have heard about stables tells me that they are almost impossible to open up by machine. And it is completely impossible to lift it and move it manually. Then I learn she followed us? Kind of creepy, but also kind of cute as well. Like a baby brahmin following the first thing it sees and thinks it is it's mother. Or is that chickens? Oh well. At least this mare knows how to pick'em. Though, I suppose the stallion is not exactly the best pony in the world to make friends with. Me on the other hoof.

"Really now? You follow the first thing you see in the wasteland? Now that is really not smart. But you could have definitely done worse."

@@Charcoal Embers,

Libby

My tears began to dry up. I don't know if I was no longer afraid or if because I simply ran out of tears. I looked up into the orange mares eyes. "Yes...I sunck out through the air shaft. I saw this pretty bright orange mare and...and I thought that somepony that pretty couldn't be bad. As weird as it sounds, I think my horn lead me out here...to you for some odd reason." I sighed for a moment. "My stable was mostly originally for students for the school for gifted unicorns...now most of that magic is lost, that's why I came out here...to try to find some of what was lost."

For some reason I could not enplane, I did not want to let go of the orange mare. "You never told me your name yet miss...and where did you learn that spell?"

@@Skycoaster,

I simply listen to the mare while her crying slowly began to go away. It was strange being the pony having to comfort another. Though, I haven't not done this, but it does feel good to know that I made somepony happy. And this pony is just too innocent to pass up. She was just so adorable how she couldn't seem to let go of me. And how she thought I was cute, even better. I got told that I was cute a lot back where I was from, but it really seemed to matter from a mare that didn't know her way out here in the wastes.

When she looked into my purple eyes I couldn't help but look right back into her bluish eyes. Though they were also a bit greyer then I would have thought. Oh well, they were still pretty. And when she asked for my name I giggled a bit. "Hon, my name is Caprisha. And it is a pleasure to meet you, but I do have to ask. What magic are you talking about?"