Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private (FoE) Old Friend Paths

notten1

@@Charcoal Embers,

"When you and...." as I look over to the knocked out stallion and jumped a bit, thinking he would awakin and try to finish me off. "..And him...just appeared...than did it again on top of me..." I said as I looked down to the ground, ashamed. I thought telaportation spells where loster before I was born. I think it was considered forbidden magic. Being able to teleport out of stables."

I turn my head to look around the wasteland. "If the spell wasn't useful to the stable..or practical...They feared me for showing magic at an early age, though later had me as the stable's school teacher."

Edited by Skycoaster

@@Skycoaster,

I chuckled and wrapped my hoof around her shoulder. This mare was just too full of it. She would be a fun gal to be around. And that name, Libby, definitely not bad in the slightest. But the problem is... the teleportation. What am I going to tell her? Maybe I should judt try and put it off for as long as possible. That sounds like the safest route.

"Oh, it's nothing much. Teleporting is just something I could do. I would love to show it to you... but... I..." I had to think of something. And fast. After a second of looking up and looking over to my left I think of something. "I'm tired. Yeah, I am real tired after using those advance spells so often. So... yeah. Sorry you can't see it."

@@Charcoal Embers,

Libby

"Oh....I see." Libby said was the prescience of the mare comforted her. "You...you don' supose you could teach me when you get rested up? I mean, I think it would make a good bonding experience...."

I levitated out two books that I always have with me, one was a story about Twilight Sparkle's journey, the other 'Intermediate spells for Unicorns.' "I found these hidden in the air-shaft when I suck out.." I smiled sheepishly at Caprisha. "With how advanced you magic is, we should be able to crack some of these spells!" I said with a bit of excitement before looking at the downed stallion once more.

@@Skycoaster,

I silently sighed in my mind. Of course I had to go and say that I knew what I was doing. She was a teacher. She seemed to love information. But maybe I could learn how to do the spell by the time she wants to try and learn it. Or maybe she will get distracted by trying to learn these spells. A mare can dream right? But for now, I suppose I could look at the book.

I smile at her again and take the book in my magic. "Sure, why not? We can read it while we wait for Mr. Grumpy to wake up."

@@Charcoal Embers,

I beamed like a school filly, my eyes sparkling as I looked Caprisha in the eyes. I had found at least one nice pony in the wasteland. I could not help myself and gave her a hug. "My friend, Caprisha..." I muttered before releasing her in embarrassment. I turned a bright shade of red and sat down next to her. "Sooooo, which one do you want to read first! Wait, Mr. Grumpy is his name?" I said still traumatized from him. "Seams....fitting..."

@@Charcoal Embers,

I beamed like a school filly, my eyes sparkling as I looked Caprisha in the eyes. I had found at least one nice pony in the wasteland. I could not help myself and gave her a hug. "My friend, Caprisha..." I muttered before releasing her in embarrassment. I turned a bright shade of red and sat down next to her. "Sooooo, which one do you want to read first! Wait, Mr. Grumpy is his name?" I said still traumatized from him. "Seams....fitting..."

I almost laugh from the level of enthusiasm in this mare. It almost could rival mine when I really get into it. And because of that, I had expected the hug so I patted her on the back. When she asks what part I want to start in the book first I begin searching through it while she asks me about the stallion, which makes me chuckle. "No no, that's just what I call him. He hasn't told me his name yet, so I just call it that. But... well... not to his face anyways." I say with a smile as I look through the book. What really sucked about this, is that I didn't understand a lot of it.

I... I couldn't think... I couldn't know what was happening here... I felt as if there was a grenade that exploded next to me, but hasn't put shrapnel in me. All I could think of was Caiesm, there, lying helpless and near-dead on the floor. *sigh* I need to get my mind straight, I shook my head. I needed to get this out of my head, this... this confusion. This... Dead feeling... of remorse floating around my now vacant mind. I... NO! I need to stop... NO! He must be helped... NO! I must help the Stable pony... ARGH!!! I collapsed, almost as Caiesm did just before. I, still paralysed, crawled up to him, painfully. "Caiesm... A-Are you Ok?" I then, laying next to him, spoke to the Stable Mare, "Why... are you here and what is your name... I see that you're happy... Now..."

Everything had gone black. One second I was on top of the mares about ready to end the newcomer's thoughts of harming the caravan until I heard a loud thwack and found myself in a swirling darkness. Shit...am I dead? Suddenly I heard the sound of tambourines...whatever those were, clashing together followed by a monkey running after them. It was the strangest thing until everything exploded into an enormous fire. A megaspell maybe. By now I didn't know what to think. I had seen some messed up shit in my life but this...this was ridiculous. 

For a moment, I thought I could hear the faint voice of Line, probably telling me to go out on night guard duty. Meh, who gives a fuck? We'll be at the next town soon anyways. I'd be able to sleep when I got there. Probably get a little R & R too. Soon my mind was met with at least a dozen mares, all hammered with alcoholic beverages and sweaty from...I don't know, but who really cared? I could have swore one of them touched me before my eyes opened abruptly to reality.

"g....Gaha!" I yelped to the sudden extreme sting in the back of my skull. "Wha...huh?" I tried struggling to my hooves but stumbled and fell. Gritting my teeth in confusion, I dug through the astounding headache and stood strongly, my eyes in a blur as I tried to focus on the things around me.

@@notten1, @@Aerodynas,

Libby

I looked up from the book I had just taken out. "My...My name is Libby. I'm from stable 115. I..I snuck out through the air shaft. I..I came to find some of the lost spells like in the book here..."

Suddenly I see the stallion move. I jump back behind Caprisha, levitation the 1911 up. Not noticing that it had stove piped. "Ok....Keep him away from me!"

@@Skycoaster, @@Aerodynas, @@notten1,

I was about ready to ask Libby another question, when the next thing I know Line is getting up and talking to an unconscious stallion. That wasn't exactly the best thing in the world to do, or at least I think so, but why in the wide world of equestria would she be so upset about him? I mean, what exactly did the two of them do to make them so close? That would have to be something I would have to ask her later. but for now I will see what I can do about helping her out.

But before I could move the stallion stured and began to sit up. When Libby hid behind me and held up her gun I raise a hoof in to block any sudden movement the stallion may do. It wasn't hard to tell that Libby was scared. And I couldn't blame her. The stallion could be quite frightening sometimes. I lean my head back, my mane falling across my face and tickling Libby's nose. "Hey, don't worry. If he tried to do anything I will do my best to stop him. You have my word there." I promised Libby.

I noticed her voice, more innocent than anypony I've met before. I was then torn out from my previous... disposition. I softened my face, remembering why I'm here. I am here for the Innocent, for the weak, for the ones that can't withstand the wastes. I felt both inspired and still sadened, by the previous action given. To my Amazment and horror, Caiesm awoke. He must be dazed, I'm sure of it, although he is tough, I'm not to sure. I stood up, with a stare at him that would strike comfort to most. I put my tail around his Hindleg, then released it, meaning to make him look in my direction. "A-Are you Ok? Do you need some rest or somthing?" Then looking back at the Mare, libby, holding her vintage firearm at Caiesm. "Eh.. Can you stop that please? That's probably the reason he attacked ya" I looked away, again looking at him, then remembering about this whole fiasco, turned back to her, "Ehm... I'm sorry, about this whole thing, by the way. I bet he meant it for the better, that gun there's dangerous." Then looking back at him, head more close, looking into his eyes, Whispering, "A-Are you Ok?"

@@notten1,@@Charcoal Embers, @@Skycoaster,

I shook my head in attempts to get out of the daze when my ears perked up to the unfamiliar voice. Immediately, my eyes shot to Caprisha and the mare behind her holding the gun at me. Suddenly, my horn began to glow. "Go ahead..pull the tri-" What? Line? I turned my head at the comforting feel of a tail on my leg that left almost as soon as it appeared.

My glare was still active, menacingly after a lifetime of practice yet she seemed worried...or concerned to the least. Her golden fur seemed to tossed in the gusting wasteland elegantly, entrancing my vision a little as her face moved closer. I likely would have been forever lost in her silvery eyes until the whimper from the Stable pony knocked me back to reality with the bump on the back of my head. "What's going on?" I grumbled, looking to Caprisha with a fire as she was obviously defending the unwelcomed guest.

"What are you doing? Step away! Do you think you can befriend every living creature in the wasteland? How do you know she won't kill you in your sleep or when you decide you want to fuck her like all your other play toys?" I was blunt and very crude, cutting deep to the chase as my eyes fell upon the quivering mare behind her. "Have the guts to pull the trigger? Try it..." I taunted threateningly as a rock began floating behind her. 

@@Aerodynas, @@notten1, @@Skycoaster,

What he said, how he said it, and who he said it to. I can handle being called a few names. I can handle being threatened. But when you start talking to my friends like that. Calling me a whore. That was where you have gone too far. And that was when I snapped. I lower my hoof and take a deep breath as my horn starts glowing beyond my control. I was more than angry now. I never did one thing wrong to him and even tried to be his friend. But all he has done is say everything I have done is shit and that I am nothing but a pony who just sleeps with anypony for fun. Well I have had enough.

I begin walking forward, each step sending out small pulses of magic through the ground that could be felt by everypony around. I walk all the way to the stallion, my body practically pouring out magical energy. I look down at the stallion, my purple eyes literally glowing with anger. Then, I chuckle. "You know, I actually tried being friends with you, wanted to get to know you. But you know what, I can't stand you anymore. You hate me so much? You hate Libby for no reason? Well, if you seem to hate everypony so much, then maybe I can show you a fast way out." I say before I pour massive amounts of magical energy to grab the stallion with my telekinesis and grip it tightly.

@@Charcoal Embers, @@Aerodynas, @@notten1,

Libby

I dropped the gun in fear of the stallion. Perhaps he would show mercy and I began to start crying again, dropping to all fours behind the only friend I've made outside the stable.

I looked at Caprisha. "Is...Is this true? You...you only where my friend so that you could...could...Why?" as I watched in fear of what was going on around me.

(edited)

All that was happening around. From completly blurry to precise and Clear. I was worried, I caught everything happening. The stillness, the tenseness, the threats, the smell, the sweat, the fear. I knew I must try something to stop this. I immediatly thought of my Rifle. I pointed it to the Sky, the sound of it must snap them. Knowing for sure, about how he was, he was going to fight. "STOP IT!!!" I screamed at the top of my lungs, the most I can do. I knew that I have to try everything. I.. I must. I ran up to where Caiesm was bein held, I pushed his, not enough to hurt, but enough to push him out of the Magical Grasp. I then talked to him, in a pleading manner, "Please... Stop... Don't hurt anypony..." I finally shed a tear, the emotions, coming back to me. Losing loved ones, however new they were, were still loved, I NEVER want to lose anypony more. This Wasteland has had too much Blood, too many stabbed backs, too many weeping widows. Too much death. I MUST Stop this. I said again, in a more whimpering manner to Caiesm, "Please... No more pain.." During the sentence, placing my tender hoof on his hardened one, "Please..."

Edited by notten1

@@Charcoal Embers,@@Skycoaster, @@notten1,

The sudden extreme magic caught me off guard. Instinctively, I wanted to use my failsafe. This pony had magic...and powerful magic like the alicorns. A little spell block would shut her up real fast. I was about to use it as I felt the tight squeeze of her telekinesis before Line screamed at the top of her lungs and pushed me, breaking the spell. Admittedly, it didn't hurt when she acted out in complete anger and remorse at the same time. Her sadness....I didn't know what to think. I had seen sorrow of this manner before or many faces of ponies...Why was this one any different?

Instead of retorting and angrily telling her to grow the fuck up, I closed my eyes and tried to imagine a calmer time in my life. The only thing that came to my mind was Flower...and her same ideals of a better wasteland...a wasteland of hope... Finally, I gave a sigh in my sudden calmness, feeling her inspiring hoof against mine. I looked at her in an inner turmoil and distress before giving a face of disgust and turning away from the trio.

Without so much as a word, my hooves crunched into the barren dirt, proceeding back the way I came. Just...get to the destination...Leave it be...You're here for the pay...nothing more...

• Brohoof 1

Libby

My eyes lit up as I saw the magic emitting from Caprisha. Had she been the one? The one that could show me how to use magic. "..Ahhh." I said, slowly standing up and putting my things back into my bags, including my 1911. I noticed that it had jammed, as I racked the slide, hopping that it would fix itself before returning it to it's bag.

I slowly walk over to Caprisha and throw a hoof around her. "Your..Your first pony to ever stand up for me. Thank you." as I looked at Mr. Grumpy walking away. "You saved my from him twice now. Why is such a mean pony even with you guys?"

He was just... walking away? Really? Did he expect me to just let all this go? Well there was no way in hell that I was going to just up and let him go after all the shit he put me though. He needed to be taught a lesson. And obviously, I was the only pony here that could do it. I was going to make him suffer.

"HEY! Son of a bitch! You think that after all you put me through you can just walk away?" I ask, stomping my hoof down. And taking out my knife with my magic and throwing it at Caisem, aiming for his back.

I... am pleasantly surprised by Caiesm walking away. I knew something was right about him. As he walked, I looked behind me, seeing to see if Libby was alright... and to check on the mad Caprisha, I could see. I saw nothing really terribly wrong, other than Libby scared and Caprisha pissed. I saw Caiesm, it's weird, am I getting like this so quickly? This is... intriguing. I then looked back at Libby to try to comfort her, when horror shot me, I saw Caprisha... She levitated a knife... She threw it... at the direction of Caiesm. I... I knew that she was throwing it at him. And what I hated the most? I couldn't do anything about it. I saw the Blade impact, my fears coming back, my hatred creeping back, I felt saddness, I felt Anger, I felt Rage. I was forced to push my body for retaliation... retaliation for a knife in the back. A knife that was to one that had backed down. I stood up... enraged by the action. Of Course I know her intentions, but my rage bubbled by that... I couldn't feel as if I could care. I ran at her, I tackled her, I pinned her. I wanted pay back but I knew this wasn't right. NO! She hurt him, she should! NO! She was just mad! ARGH!! I hate my Mind sometimes. When I tackled her, I spoke this things with such anger, such rage, such hate, that I didn't even know I could produce from something. I said, "You just threw a knife at his Back, HE WAS BACKING OFF!!" I remember my Rifle, to make sure she won't grab it, I held it in place by Magic.

@@Skycoaster,@@Charcoal Embers, @@notten1,

I never looked back, figuring I could just return to my duties as a guard and forget about the event...until I heard Caprisha shout. There was danger in her voice and by the time I looked back, the knife had already pierce into my back on the shoulder blade. "Ah!" I yelped in the severe pain. It hurt so much like...like...so many other things...

I shivered for a moment as the cold steel touched my flesh, remaining silent before looking back to Caprisha with a calm glare. Turning around as though nothing had happened, I began walking back...well, rather limping with the knife in my shoulder. My eyes never left Caprisha. My hate swelled, my anger fierce. She played with death, now she was going to know it's truth.

Suddenly I saw Line fling herself like an enraged deathclaw upon Caprisha, holding her down in her berserk anger. I could tell in her eyes that she meant death...and I knew why. It was at this point that I realized that I understood Line. When I saw her emotions swell in distraught confusion...I saw her...the true her...

"Line!" I shouted loudly, going up to her slowly and grabbing her tail with my mouth, yanking her back within hoof reach. I knew she was fierce in her confusion...but...what was coming over me? Who was I? Beyond expectation, I wrapped a hoof barringly in front of her before holding Line's head to my chest firmly...but...softly. In silence, I then looked to Caprisha with a calm glance. My horn began to glow with the knife on my back in succession. With a whimper and a spurt of blood, I removed the object and tossed it over to the orange mare clanking to her hooves harmlessly. It hurt: the pain...and the want for revenge. 

My attention towards her was done, and even with the blood starting to seep from my back, I placed my other hoof around Line's back and pulled her up against me. I never said anything but merely looked into her silvery eyes...In truth, I didn't know what to say...I didn't even know who I was at that moment.

Libby

I watched in horror of what was happening. How could ponies be so...so primitive, so hateful to each other. It was like nothing I had seen or heard of before. As the injured stallion came up the hill. I could tell he was hurting, and he was going to hurt my...friend? Was she my friend or....was the stallion right. was she just...I did not know, but if everypony was trying to kill each other, so be it.

When I saw the blood on his back, I became light headed, not knowing what would happen. Will I see somepony did. How would I handle this. I oppened my mouth but only a few words came out. "I...I....I" as she looked at them. I turn my head to look away.

While looking away I happen to see a shack and bolt towards it to get away from this madness. Maybe it's occupants are more sane than the lunatics on the hill.

Edited by Skycoaster

I was ready to fight back. I was ready to fight this stallion to the death, mine or his. But, for some reason, he didn't. I don't get it. This guy is the biggest jack ass in the wasteland. I have been around, but I have never met another pony that is as big of a asshole as this guy.  I hate him. A lot. And I know that he hates me too. So why the fuck didn't he attack me? He is also a stallion. He is supposed to be more violent. And what they fuck does Line see in him? 

I slowly pick up the knife with my magic. I simply glare at the stallion as I put my knife back where it was. Then I turn to Line. "Hey, you shouldn't be so nice to him. All he has done is be the biggest jack ass in the whole wasteland to me. Yet he treats you just fine. He couldn't be anything but just some stallion trying to get you in bed then rob you everything you own. So if I were you, I would give him the boot." I say before turning around and catching up to Libby by the shack.

When I get to Libby I smile at her. "Hey, what's wrong? Don't listen to him. That stallion is a jack ass. Everything he says has to be a lie."

Edited by Charcoal Embers

I... I don't know what to think... I'm feeling all sorts of emotions... I feel like I'm both horrible and lucky at the same time. I wanted to hurt Caprisha for that... but I don't know anymore... I felt almost ultimately calm. With his hooves covering me, looking at me with almost steel eyes. Yet to me those eyes were soft to me, they felt calming. They almost reminded me of my mother... She also had Steel eyes... I just can't hold my fears and sadness anymore. Instead of leaving it till tonight, I looked into his eyes a little more, tears starting to come down, I felt happy and torn. I just need a hug. I need somepony. I, then crying all out now, threw my hooves around him, holding him tightly, holding him... crying... I felt weird... it didn't feel as if it was friendship, but... more, no not Comraderie, but more... Much, much more. Something that I would attack a friend for. Something I would risk myself over. Something I would die for. I gave my heart out, the tears of mine, hitting his coat like peices of myself being melted onto him. I wanted to be able to make things all better now, I wanted to, but now I just want to stay here... with this... I didn't care what my other side says, I feel more for him. I then sputtered out during my tears, "I-I'm so sorry, Caiesm, I thought you were going to..." I felt the Wound on him back, "Die..." I knew it, I needed somepony, and I wasn't going to let that somepony die. Not over my life...

@@Skycoaster,@@Charcoal Embers, @@notten1,

My eyes were brought away from Line as to watch Caprisha glare menacingly, allowing her her anger even though I still firmly wanted to bash a rock through her skull. It had been too long since I felt the warmth of blood on my hooves...Caprisha's words didn't sting for I didn't really give a shit....all the same, I knew I had to watch her cautiously from now on. For some reason, a small thought of another approach, the exact opposite of revenge, entered my thoughts as I watched her walk away.

"Mmf," I groaned painfully as Line touched my wound, still remaining silent. She was crying...not that it was any different than the other times she did but...now, it seemed like it mattered a little. Thoughts of me telling her to silence herself at the outpost crept back into my mind. Was I making myself feel guilty? Bah...I never felt guilt. I always did what I have to to survive.

At her mournful words, I looked down to her, my heart feeling warm as she was pressed again my dark fur. She didn't push me away...but rather wrapped her hooves around me and held me tight. Wha...didn't want me to die? Is she...holding me? Suddenly, I became outrageously nervous and uncomfortable. I didn't know what was happening nor did I understand...yet...I couldn't let go. Why couldn't I say anything?

@@Charcoal Embers, @@Aerodynas, @@notten1,

Libby

I turned around to see the orange mare running after me. I was frightened again. I had just saw this mare try to kill another pony....but that pony tried to kill me. I stopped and allowed her to catch up, though checking my 1911 if need be.

"What...what do you want? You know what, I don't really want to know. I'm confused. Why would you do that? He was backing away....and you tried to kill him...How do I know you wouln't try to kill me? Tell me that....and your magic...its unstable...you unstable." I said as I plop down and begin to cry.

"Why..Why did I leave my stable."