Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Walking Animation Pinkie Pie

Firedog

Well I'm a new animator when it comes to the computer anyway. I'm trying to make a basic walking animation. Just to get my self used to using adobe flash a bit. I finished the front legs in the walking animation but something seems off. Like it seems jerky when it loops back to the beginning. I know it probably looks bad because I'm new :P but I'm just trying to focus on getting a smooth walking animation. Any feedback is helpful.

P.S: I didn't draw the pinkie pie if your wondering, I just animated her, the puppet came from the double rainboom kit.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*UPDATED

I know it's probably bad XP but any feedback is helpful. I finished the walk cycle:

http://videobam.com/HUkem

Edited by Firedog

It's a good start but you gotta remember that even in 2D characters when they make a motion, their whole body reacts in some way unless its hair moving.

So while she's walking, make her head bobble up and down as she shifts her weight along with her body stretching a bit as she places hooves down etc, her mane and tail bouncing slightly in the movement. Fixes like that make all the difference ^_^

My animation

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

It's a good start but you gotta remember that even in 2D characters when they make a motion, their whole body reacts in some way unless its hair moving.

So while she's walking, make her head bobble up and down as she shifts her weight along with her body stretching a bit as she places hooves down etc, her mane and tail bouncing slightly in the movement. Fixes like that make all the difference ^_^

My animation

Thanks for feedback. Here's an updated version with bouncing, still needs a couple fixes but I think it looks better already. btw cool animation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bHLt5rEw5ms

Edited by Firedog
  • Brohoof 1