Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private 1 x 1 "The Artifact" with Rising Shine

Dovashy

Stellar was pulled out of her thoughts when Rising broke out from the cover of a bush nearby. She heard him ask about what had just happened, and she told him everything quickly, trying to keep it quick, but not omitting any of the details. She watched his face, trying to see how he'd react. 

Fear ... it should be really seen on Rising's face, when she told, what is happened. Not good ... pretty bad.

"Sounds pretty bad ... no, worse ... no catastrophical! We have to ..."

Rising ... he write action books ... but he never was on a real dangerous adventure.

"I'm ..."

Rising don't know what to do. He know, that this alicorn-shadow-thing must be stopped ... but he fear otherwise to die for nothing ... too much fear...

Stellar nodded in agreement, even though she knew the dangers they'd be facing. "We must stop her, that necklace is bad for everypony, and if it affected me. It must be affecting her in some way too!" 

She struggled to her feet, struggling under her own weight of her body. Her legs shook threateningly, then she fell back to the ground. 

"You'll have to go without me," Stellar sighed, closing her eyes with shame. 

"It affects me too, Stellar ... I never would spy you normally, but it called me ... it wanted me ... and I listened to it ... If I didn't run to the Everfree ... everything okay?"

Rising see, that Stellar has problems to stand up.

"I don't let you here. You saved me for the thumberwolves. We should go back first, do you remember the way out?"

With all strength he have, he pulled Stellar on his back. It was not easy, but he can handle that.

Stellar pointed wearily with her hoof to the path she remembered taking to this part of the forest. Then it fell back down, as she abruptly fell unconscious on Risings back. Letting out a tired sigh. She dreamed of horrible things, the shadow pony was attacking all of Equestria with the power of the artifact. All the ponies begun to become subject to its calling, and with a unreasonable desire they all wanted it. They fought each other to get the artifact, friendships broke apart, as ponies fought each other. Soon every city fell to ruin, as no pony co-operated, instead they lived in a world of greed, jealousy, and hate, worshipping the new Princess. The Shadow mare. She woke with a start, and realised that a renewed energy ran through her, her strength had come back. 

"Okay."

Rising look to the direction, then back to hear. She was fallen uncounscious. Rising start to walk the path, hopefully get out of the Everfree Forest. He continue, walking and walking, when he finally come out of the Everfree.

"FINALLY!"

Rising make a sigh of relief, when he realized that she start moving on his back.

"Youre okay, Stellar?"

Stellar hopped off the back of Rising, now full of energy. She cantered ahead of Rising.

"Come on! We've got to stop her before it's too late." She shivered as she remembered the dream she'd just had, but she quickly shook it off burying the thought deep down. 

"Wow, wait!"

She just got away from his back and is already ready to stop it?

"I'm coming!"

Rising start to fly to catch up with her easily.

"Already? We don't know much and you want already stop them now? I know, we have too, but we don't know much and now running to it would be probably suicide. Really sure?"

Stellar hesitated for a moment, considering the risk they were taking. 

"I've already checked the Ponyville library, and it had nothing about the artifact in it," Stellar said "..But the Canterlot archives might. We could go there and see if they have anything on the artifact. But every minute we waste, is another minute that the Artifact is loose!" 

Rising sigh, but he know, that they all could be in danger, when they don't do something to stop it.

"Fine. I'm in, let's go to Canterlot. We should take the train, our can you teleport us directly there? I have enough bits for the tickets if you don't have enough bits."

"Let's take the train," Said Stellar leading the way to the station. "Don't worry I have some bits here.. somewhere.." She rummaged through her saddlebag while running ahead. She found some bits, and smiled. "See. Now let's go!" She picked up the pace. 

She was somewhat excited, frightened but excited. Her endless travelling occasionally had its moments of interest, but most of the time it was boring. She felt a sense of purpose, her and Rising had to stop the Shadow Pony

"The train. Good idea!"

Rising start to fly to keep up with her. When he saw a clock, he remember, that the next train to Canterlot goes already in under 2 minutes!

"Stellar, I fly ahead, trying to let them wait, the train goes in under 2 minutes."

Rising start to fly faster. When he arrived, he talk to them to wait a little bit longer. They accept and waiting about 2 minutes before, hopefully Stellar appearing before time is up ...

As Rising flew ahead to try and stall the train, Stellar cantered after him. Her legs carried her swiftly, and she arrived only a few moments after Rising did. She thanked Rising, and entered the train. Looking back to make sure Rising was following her. 

It didn' take long, when Stellar already arrives. She walks in and Rising following her. Rising sit down on a seat, leaning his head back on the train wall.

"Phew, we made it ... everything okay with you Stellar? You are pretty fast ... or I'm just pretty slow im flying."

Rising laught.

Stellar wanted to laugh, but she couldn't she was so worried about what was to come. She envied Rising, how he could laugh off the seriousness of the situation, she wished she could too. Instead she looked towards Rising seriously, she didn't take a seat, instead preferring to stand where she was. She opened her mouth to say something, but thought better of it and closed it.

Some time passed on the train, when it came to an almighty stop, she felt the brakes grinding against the steel of the tracks, and heard the squeal of the friction. When the carriage stood still, everything was dead silent, the lights flickering, the finally died. The carriage was plunged into darkness, which was strange because it had been sunny only moments ago. Stellar rushed to the window seat, and peered out. What she saw horrified her, in the sky large, thick black clouds had blotted out the sun, she could still see sunlight on the hills in the distance, but the clouds were travelling fast, and its time was dwindling. As she turned to tell Rising, she felt the carriage shake from side to side, and caught herself before she fell headfirst onto the floor, as she pulled herself up, the shaking started again, more violently, and she heard the crunching and screeching of wood, and metal being bent out of place. What was going on outside?

Time passed, when they finally stopped.

"Huh? Are we there?!"

He see Stellar looking out and realize, that something definitly is going on here

"Bad ... really bad ..."

The train start shaking, Rising hold tight to not fall. Stellar falled to the ground.

"Stellar, are you okay? What is going on here?!"

Rising know now definitive, that nothing is right anymore. Nopony talking, no usual noise, everything dark ...

Stellar cast a an orb of light on the end of her horn, illuminating the empty carriage. She could see Rising Shine near her, and she brushed past him going to one of the train doors. Looking out of the window, she could see Canterlot but something was wrong, tendrils of red and orange liht erupted from within its walls, fire. 

Rising walk to her and look out too.

"Oh my ..."

Canterlot is ... burning?!

"Okay ... I feared to fight. But I guess, NOW is no turning back anymore. Stellar, we have to stop that. We can't let ponies suffer so much. I'm ready to stop that now ... are you ready too?"

Rising look to her, waiting for an answer. He still fear a lot, but it's no matter anymore. He try to save Equestria and mayby die trying or he die anyway. No turning back from now on.

Stellar nodded in agreement.

"We need to leave this carriage!"

She used her magic to push apart the doors, and then hopped out. There was a new chill in the air, and she shivered as it ruffled across her fur, and mane. 

"Quick Rising, it's cold out here!" 

She put more effort into the light she was casting, so that more heat pooled out from it. 

Rising nod to her and follow her out. Stellar is right, it IS colder then usual.

"Shout, it is. You think, this have to do with it? That it is so cold out here? I hope the ponies are alright."

Rising walk closer to her, to get more warmth from her spell. It really helps.

Stellar began the walk to Canterlot, her hooves pattered against the soft grass underhoof. In the distance the orange fire had grown in size, and blazed angrily in the darkness. If not for the fire they would be lost. The moon and all the stars, including Stellars guardian supernova had been blotted out by the thick black clouds. When they reached the drawbridge to Canterlot castle, the fire was close and huge. She could smell the burning, pieces of ash wafted over them, and the heat reached them even at this distance.

Rising following Stellar, always staying close to her. On there way, they come vloser and closer to Canterlot, seeing the fire getting bigger and bigger.

"Oh my Celestia ..."

Rising start to feel the heat from the fire already. He get worried about all the ponies and non-ponies, who living in Canterlot, especially Princess Celestia and Princess Luna.

"What now?"

When they reached the large wooden gate of Canterlot, Stellar called out to let them in, but there was no response. The guards must've all been out fighting the fire. They would need to find another way in, she looked around desperately for some way else they could get inside the city walls. Then she mentally facehoofed herself when she realised the answer had been standing beside her the whole time. She turned to Rising. "How strong are you, and how well can you fly?" 

They reach the gate to Canterlot, but it's closed. While thinking, Stellar turns to him and ask him, how strong he is and how good he is in flying.

"I guess, I know, what you think. I should be able to fly us over the gate, but not for long."

She not look heavy so this could work out.

Stellar really hoped that this worked, because if it didn't it would be a long drop back down. She let Rising pick her up. 

"Are you sure you can do this?" She asked nervously. "Because I'm sure if you can't we can find another way." 

She wasn't so sure that there was another way, but she didn't want to force Rising to do anything he didn't want, nor did she want to plummet to certain death either if he couldn't do it.