Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private Vampires in Equestria

arkman575

Being that Atlas requested a clean slate, Badaboom decided it best to keep her mouth relatively shut. Most of Atlas's most previous statement seemed to be geared towards Sidewinder anyway. She did however take the time to nod whilst adding in one comment of her own. "Well Atlas, you heard the pony. Conditions are set for you to follow along side, if you don't have a problem with that, let's go." With that the mare pressed onward down a snow buried path, she assumed led down the mountain.

Boom was progressing rather slowly until she was certain that the two turned Pegasai were following. She made it obvious that she planned Sidewinder on leading the group by trotting backwards in place as he caught up. Unsure of how this truse was going to hold up, but relieved to see that Atlas had seemed to come to terms with himself. As Sidewinder was willing to put up with it, even if he wasn't confident in the newly formed partnership. Badaboom was more than likely going to need the two to play nice if she was going to decipher the Vampiric Ruins.

@@arkman575,

Bliss shivered but nodded and nuzzled Seth back as she offered her backside to him quite litterally. "Get on," she urged him, "we're not gonna walk down the mountain...and I sure as heck am not pulling a wagon since there isn't one a round. You'll have to brave the heights once again Seth." She flexed out her wings, making it clear she wasn't going to take no for an answer.

"What are we going to do once we reach Canterlot? You think maybe their libray on the history of vampires might have more information about Boom that we aren't aware of? Heck we dont' even know how old she really is!" She shook her head at the thought, realizing that Boom's age was the least of their problems. "Sorry it's just... this is so different to the last time we've been through a vampire situation. You were a vampire created out of a dark evil potion or poison...and when you turned me... I was effected by the sire of that poison... But Boom and her two newly made vampires are the real deal! They are the real flesh and blood vampires of pony lore! What are we going to do Seth?" She flapped her wings vigorously. She was very anxious to get off the ground, while still clinging to the vampire book against her chest.

(edited)

"Good, all settled then." Badaboom chimed in attempt to ease the tention between the two Pegasai, keeping a slower pace behind Sidewinder, "at least she wasn't out in the snow for the three weeks planned. Sure she's fine." She added, before looking over her shoulder to Atlas. She didn't know if she could yet trust him, but was open to the third chance. As to further delve deeper into her newest companion, and his motives she ignited another conversation.

"You've gotta place in Canterlot right? I bet it be some pretty fancy digs, huh?" The subject wasn't quite what she'd planned, but it seemed to be a low maintenance one, that held limited backfire. "Maybe you'll show me sometime? Wouldn't recommend it this time, given the state your in. I mean with buried demons and a thirst buildin' in ya, probably be best to stay by the-"

Boom cut herself off as a new thought past through her. Now closer to her originally intended questions, she dropped the history portion, and looked towards the future. "Brainstorm!" She called, again perhaps a little too enthusiastically. Pulling herself closer to Atlas's side she leaned in, cautiously yet still nonthreatening. "If your worried about hurting the innocent to satisfy your increasing urge. Then how about performing some devine justice?"

BB's voice was quiet during her last statement, but could more than likely still be heard by Sidewinder as well. Not that was a problem, her idea held warrent, at least she hoped so. "Ya know, find a criminal of some sort. City as big as the capital of Equestria, gotta be filled with plenty of goodies that malicious ponies'll wanna get their hooves on. You can do a public safety behind the shadows, and as a bonus, not have to worry for at least another year." It certainly was a mouthful, but the point was simple. Giving Atlas his space back, Boom hoped the plan would at least ease the situation Atlas currently found himself.

Edited by Bada3oom Box

Seth mounted the offered back of the white mare. Getting a good grip on her without obscuring her wings, Seth began to think as to what to do. "Bliss... This may sound corny... but that book... It's text is familiar. I just can't remember... It was back during the great Wolven war. I remember fighting in a small agricultural village. The ponies there had created a hellish forest to retreat into, hoping that we wouldn't advance on them. We did, and it was a bloodbath. It was one of the reasons we called it the battle of the red dawn." Seth muttered to himself. It seemed rather off topic, but something seemed to be connected.

Thinking back to his days of the first vampire attack, Seth remembered that it was the concoction he created that gave him the curse. But how could a potion of science creat something of legend to such a perfect replica. "Bliss... I doubt I created the vampire curse all those years ago... I think I just awoke it." He said, pulling out the vile from around his neck.

(edited)

@@arkman575,

(Play for atmosphere lol)

When she felt his paws were secure and his weight balanced well on her back, she crouched down, then kicked off as hard as she could into the air. She staggered a bit as she had to recalculate the weight with her wings. She never considered Seth being slightly heavier, but it was nothing a little firm flapping couldn't solve. She made good lift as the ground got further and further away till finally they were above the treeline. She looked back and was easily to spot the cabin from their location, but she was more concerned about getting to Canterlot, and tried to get her barrings. Finally after a brief moment of hovering, she found her direction and headed south west towards the great city.

"Are you saying..." she said after they got underway, "that we are all vampires? Or is it just wolves that were once vampires? Or maybe..." she paused a moment, trying not to let her emotions get the best of her, "I mean...I know your kind eat meat...but blood?"

A gust of wind nicked her left wing throwing off her balance only slightly, making her flap to regain control. She decided gliding most of the way would be better while only flapping to keep them at a decent altitude. The winds of the mountain were playing against them and a part of her felt it was due to their situation...it was sign of things yet to come. But even more so...was the nightmare she had that morning...the one with Blight...she was sure she heard her voice...

"Seth... I"m scared to tell you this but...um..." she flapped again to buy herself time to speak, "I had a horrible dream last night...I was in a familiar place and... It was like I was in my own mind at the same time...then...I heard her...her evil voice...I think you know who I mean... But...but it was just a dream...wasn't it?"

Edited by Lightning Bliss

@@Lightning Bliss,

As they gained altitude, Seth looked to the sunrise as to not look down at the growing distance from the ground. "No... wolves have never been recorded to have had any knowledge of the vampire. Well, other than myself. The odd thing is is that I feel as if I should know this... If it was of pony origin, then it was during the war that I could of got it." He muttered. It all seemed to revolved around the battle of Red Dawn. Something that day happened... but it was like his memory was keeping him away from his past. "Bliss, we have to know where they are headed. There has to be some way for us to know..."

He growled to himself with irritation. "Ahhh... I wish I could remember... Bliss, is there any time of memory return spell?" He asked, looking back to the vampire venue.

(edited)

@@arkman575,

She shook her head, feeling useless at this point when he asked about a memory spell. "I don't know any magic like that, the only pony I know that's capable of that would be Princess Twilight...And..." she bit her lip with uncertainty, "I'm not sure if getting her involved is the wisest thing to do... This prophecy I read...involves alicorns... What if she's the alicorn it spoke of? I don't want to risk any of the royals if I can help it."

@@Bada3oom Box, @, @@Firehearted,

Just then she spotted a trail going down the mountain, and what looked like to be three other ponies walking along the trail. Taking percautions she hovered near the treeline to the point she could still see them but they couldn't see the two of them following. To her horror she knew immiedatly to be the vampires...with Atlas included... "Oh Luna and Celestia... Seth...look," she stopped to hover behind a tall proud pine, pointing towards the group. "They are heading down the mountain...at a good pace too... They really must be in a hurry. But where are they going?" She suddenly spotted the answer. Just a few miles down the mountain, near the edge of the forest, she could see a few clutter of small cabins, with what looked like to be a plane runway and even a few plans.

"Did...didn't Sidewinder mention he was a pilot?" She turned to Seth questioning, "and why are they out in the daylight? I thought vampires hated the light." She quickly pulled the book out of her arm she had it tucked under and carefully opened it, looking up the index of vampire habits, and health.

Atlas was about to make a comment in response to Sidewinder but stopped. That would just cause more fighting and that was the last thing he needed. He just nodded to Boom. He was deep in thought. He didn't know how to think about this. Good? Bad? He didn't know anymore. He just looked at the ground in front of him and walked. Just follow.

(Stuck on mobile for the next week. Yay)

(edited)

Following Sidewinder's lead down a dark path of assorted pine trees, Badaboom watched the Pegasus shimmy down a small cliff face stumbling roughly halfway down. He managed to stabalize himself, but still flopped sillyly into the fresh powder below. Boom withheld her humor, and moved quickly to follow him.

Simply leaping over the edge, BB caught herself in midair just before landing gracefully, a practical use for her vampiric abilities gained from feeding off a Pegasai. Unable to full on fly, she was able to levatate short distances above the ground for limited amounts of time.

"Oh, come now Sidewinder. We're scarier than anything we'll find in this forest." Boom laughed a bit in response to her partners promise. "Guess we're making good time then." She added looking back to the top of the ledge to the third companion of their group, waiting for his decent before progressing onward.

If anything the shaded passage described by Sidewinder was welcomed. Even if the Sun didn't effect the trio of Vampires physically, it still proved a nusence to their sensitive eyes, though easily ignored, the dark way of the forest cover was most preferable.

Edited by Bada3oom Box

After a moment of browsing through the book, Bliss came upon a page of vampire physics, hoping it'd give an answer to her question about vamps walking in sunlight.

'Though some ponies believe vampires to be invincible and cannot be killed, there are sevearl weaknesses that can be used against them. Garlic being one of their most hated vegatables, though they can eat, would cause serious cases of stomach issues. But one of the most clieche' assumptions is that vampires hate sunlight and pony myth was established they could even die in it. Fools would assume so. But the vampire culture are far from such a death threatning weakness. They are the children of the night, but they can survive in the precious light as well. Their eye sight may be more limited however. Where as day dwellers eye sight has better chance in the day, but poor at night, it is quite the reverse for vampires.'

So...this book may actually clear up all those myths about stake through the heart, and vampires busting into flames in the daylight at least, she thought to herself. So strange how this book really is part of the vampire culture. A shame we can't figure out who was the author of it... But maybe knowing their fact about daylight might give us the advantage... If I have a hard time seeing at night...and they have a hard time seeing in the day, we may have to take advantage of that.

@@Lightning Bliss,

Seth looked to Bliss, then to the party below. He then noticed the village not to far from where they were, which had the airstrip. "Well, we found our vampire friends... now we just need to choose. We could engage them here and now... or we could delay their departure from the mountains." He then smiled at the idea. "You know... we could beet the team to the plain... " He said with a devious grin.

@@arkman575,

"B-beat them to the plane?" Bliss blinked, shoving the book back under her arm. "But what do we do when we reach the plane? I don't know how to fly that thing! I can fly myself though..." Her lip quivered a bit at Seth's enthusiasm that they could take on the group, three to two. "I...I don't know Seth...maybe we should try to head back to Canterlot-" She started to turn her head, trying to head back on course towards Southwest

(OOC feel free to stop me Seth, I like the idea of engaging, but I am a bit of a coward so I gotta hold up to it lol)

• Brohoof 1

The pass was being cleared of snow ahead by Sidewinder. Knowing that Atlas wouldn't be far behind Badaboom began assisting in making the way even more convinent by snapping the branches of the trees with her hooves, as to prevent any backlash of the stray obstacles. Looking ahead she pondered Atlas's silence, but didn't dig into it.

The nod he gave reassured that he was fine, lost in his own train of thought. However with the trust issue still in question, Boom still kept closer to Sidewinder, leaving a modest yet not insulting distance between herself and that of the second Pegasai. It wouldn't be too much longer before the group cleared the forest, and back into the open, should they be left uninterrupted.

Just follow. That's all he could do. Follow. The forest was no big deal. Boom was breaking the branches as she went for him. At least she wasn't hostile. He speed up a bit to catch up to her. He still didn't say anything. He just walked next to her for the company.

"Sure... Sure thing." He said to the mare as he gripped her tight. He tried to think of something that would be useful, however, his mind just came up blank. He had seen the symbols, but didn't know where. He had to stop a team of vampires, but was way under powered. He needed to be stronger and wiser, but didn't know how... No, he did know how.

"Lightning bliss... I might know how to stop them... But you are going to hate me. I... Could drink the vampire venom." He admitted his idea. "If I had enough willpower, I could hopefully take them down before I lose myself. Then... You would have to cure me or kill me." Seth explained.

(edited)

@@arkman575,

Her jaw dropped in horror of his idea that she lost control of her wings, dropping them both out of the air and landing in a heap of a tall pine tree. "GAH OOMPH!" She whinnied as she broke through a branch, making Seth hang on his stomach in another branch above her, while she landed on her back on several pine needles, poking her back irretibely. "GAH! ARE YOU INSANE!?" She snorted at him as she kicked frantically trying to right herself up, "you're mad! You're mad! Turning into a vampire yourself! Turning into... your darker self... HIM? The only way I could stop you would be an alicorn horn to the heart! And that's only if you don't give into your dark inpulses..."

She looked down towards the group then, they were getting closer to the plane tarp...her heart pounded in her little chest as the situation became more urgent. Blissy...if they take off in that plane...the entire world of Equestria will be at risk and helpless to stop them... Something has got to be done...But how? Even with Seth's transformation alone may not be enough to stop them...Unless...

"Seth...Ok... ok...we'll do that but... I want security." She righted herself up and took off, getting up underneath him and properly sliding him back onto her back. "You take the venom...but AFTER, they take off in their plane...Once you transform... I can follow up behind them...ambush them...You can jump their plane and disable it. The crash will be tremendous...it will hopefully take them out in the explosion...It's security measure...What do you think...?"

Slowly getting off of the cold ever green to Blisses back, Seth looked to her with a quick glare for sending him into the tree. It faded quickly as they thought what to do. "Well, if I were to jump on their plane mid-air, I would bring it down. The problem is... If that kind of impact does kill the others, I would be surely killed as well. I rather me having a higher shot of life in the end." He said with a slight smile. "I might be able to track their plane through. If we can get to Canterlot, I have some friends in high places. They have access to all aircraft information. We just need to track a plane that is leaving the airport by their planes description." He explained.

"It's alright. We can wait" Atlas sighed. He looked around. "Sidewinder, how the living hell do you take this lightly" The question was out of nowhere. "I can't stand this!" He slammed his hoof down. "I-I..." He began to shake and panic once more. He was unstable. No denying it. His psyche was at its breaking point. "I don't wanna be a monster!" His jaw shivered as he tried to speak. "I wanna be normal!" He fell to his knees sniveling like a colt. "I don't hurt ponies!"

You know that's a lie!

"I don't hurt ponies!"

Yes you do! You killed those ponies! Put that one on a pike.

​"No!" Atlas's vision tunneled. He shouted at the voice in his head. 

@@arkman575,

Bliss sighed shaking her head as she quietly made her way behind the airstrip buildings, just as she watched the other three disappear into the main building ahead of them. She picked out a quiet bush area, and lowered Seth to the ground. There was less snow here then there was before, but it was still cold and muggy outside... She hated it without a doubt and more then badly wanted to go inside...but shrugged it off and bit down, feeling that more likely they were going to be sleeping outside in the cold again.

"What kind of an alicorn do you take me for if I didn't have a backup plan for getting you off the plane Seth?" She gave him a smirk joking expression, "as soon as I were to see the plane going down, I'd simply teleport you back to me, or fly in and catch you! Simple as that!" She sat down and stretched out her wings. They were sore and hadn't been used that often in regards to carrying another on her back. "My teleportation spell has gotten stronger with practice. Though granted I can only teleport one being at a time that's about our size... after that my magic will be used up and I'll need hours to recooperate. My point is... I can teleport you out of harms way from about 2 miles away. I'm not going to be that far though... I'll fly you up on the plane, you take it out, and as soon as it goes down, you can give me a signal and I'll teleport you back to me safe and sound.... Aside from the fact about the 'you turning into a vampire' again...being the one point I don't like...but will accept if you promise to keep yourself in control... This plan doesn't sound like it could falter. Besides..."

She looked at her wimpy, lazy tired wings, "I think my wings are angry at me for flying you all the way down the mountain... I don't think I could make it to Canterlot without stopping at least three times... By the time we get there it will be at least three days. By now those vampires could be gone and we'd lose them."

A cold breeze blew in their direction, forcing her instinctively to thrash her wings around her white body, shivering into the cold. A light sneeze came from her...and her eyes seemed heavier then usual. Am I getting sick? A flu maybe? No...no don't think tha- she sneezed again...this time making her slightly woozy then usual. "Ooh...I feel...off..." she sneezed again...this time it was more violent as a string of green mucus flew out, landing in front of her, making her turn green with disgust... "Oh Luna that's disgusting..." her voice turned muffled by her sniffing and snoting as she tried to sniff the ailment away...but ot no avil. She began to shiver more and more..."You...you wouldn't happen...to have ideas where to...stay the night? *SNEEZES*"

@@Lightning Bliss,

Seth looked around the airport, seeing a few hangers and storage buildings. Seeing as this was a mountain airport, they had to have industrial heating units on stand by. Their best bet was the storage buildings. Looking to the worsening Bliss, Seth nuzzled into her, taking one of her wings and draping it over his warm body to help her stay warm. "Don't worry. We just need to get to one of the supply buildings and find a heater. Chances are, they are overstocked on the stuff." He said, leading the sick mare to the building. Opening the door, he found it empty of ponies, but filled with assorted tools and machinery. Thankfully there were heaters.

• Brohoof 1

Badaboom ignored the fact of staying an extra night, she wasn't in any particular hurry anyway. She was more interested in the mechanic mare that offered them quarters for the night, before excusing herself from the vampire trio's presence, and even more so Sidewinder's relation to said pony. "So, who's she? A friend? Girlfriend?" She pestered jokingly knowing it to more than likely be the first, if not just a mere acqatence.

Boom's question however was quickly over run by Atlas's sudden outburst of sobs, featuring a repetitive cry. It actually saddend the mare to see the once level headed Pegasus act like such, but he did present a good point in the midst of his coiled rambling. Sidewinder had been taking his transition with praise, of course being he fed a night previous his urges of blood would be dwindled considerably for a time to come.

"Why'd you push so hard then?" Badaboom hissed standing over him. "Play with fire, you'll get burned!" She informed sturnly with a frown, she did feel bad for him, even pity. Sidewinder also wasn't thrilled in preforming the act that turned Atlas into what he was now. "Your not a monster." Her tone was much softer now as she knelt down. "If you'd really prefer, I could end it for you now." She gave a breath for the Pegasai to get himself together after hearing her offer. "Let it be known though, that I'd take no pleasure in it. I'd love to see you pull through this, and realize that it's not that bad, being a vampire."

Knowing at this moment that nothing she was saying would help in any means, so Boom decided to take a few steps back and let out a sigh. Putting her sights onto Sidewinder her eyes filled with a desire to help, but her expression otherwise was indifferent. "Where did Breezy say we could stay? Though the day only just started, I think it'd be best for all of us to take a load off. I'd understand if you wanna stay wit Jenny a bit, but Atlas seems to need a little more time to adjust."