Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private Vampires in Equestria

arkman575

@@Lightning Bliss

Seth had been wandering out in the snow covered woods for some time, no longer looking for wood but trying to make sense out of all of this. He may have seemed strong for Bliss, but that was just it: an act for her. She needed comfort in this, something he could show her. But... in heart, Seth was truly scared. They were most likely going to be hunted down by Atlas when he woke up, and then... if he were to be caught... Seth wasn't afraid of death, but what ever they were... it scared him. He feared what his raw power could do if it were to be manipulated by them. It was something he couldn't allow. But... what was stopping them? Three vampires against one wolf and an alicorn? Bliss would probably take one or two of them.. but he... he was nothing...

"Is this what it feels like? To be the hunted, not the hunter?" He asked himself, looking to the now rising moon. All his life, he had stalked prey, placing fear in their hearts before the kill. Now... he knew what that felt like: to be the prey. Powerless.

(edited)

As Bliss read on she noticed that some of the wording and language was becoming undistinctive, getting harder and harder to understand, like a mix between her own language...and one that was unknown to her. A part of her pony spirit told her to give up on the read, it was only plauging her mind with more fears of their survival then anything... But just as she got to the next page, where the language was unreadable...the book suddenly flopped in front of her, pulling away from her hooves.

"What in the name of Luna?" Before she could try to catch the book, it began to glow an omnious blood red...and floated into the air just inches above her nose. Little did she know, but the book's own magic touched her horn...sending a direct link to one another in a response to alicorn magic being present. No more obvious to the book tapping into her alicorn magic, her eyes began to glow bright white...Then...the words in front of her, suddenly began to make sense...It was as if they were transforming only for her, like the book and her alicorn magic as one, wanted her to understand these pages...

"The Legend of the BloodMoon Princess..." she read aloud to herself without realizing, her voice echoed in an old Equestrian royal state, "On the night of a full...blood red moon... a full blooded Vampire will drain the magic and life force of a pure royal alicorn... becoming the Princess of Vampires. Destiny promises she will bring back the pure vampire race, from their banishment of Tartarus...and will take their rightful place on the world once more." Her heart began to thump harder in her chest, her ears flickering with as she continued to read oblivious of the red aura glowing around her. "The first Royal Vampire since the races banishment to Tartarus, will take her rightful place as the ruler of her people...and bring back the night species former glory. But with the appearence of a saviour...comes a devil...for the one who is destined to rule...will be challenged her right by the evil 'Vampire Lord'.......... *Page missing*"

Suddenly the book dropped down on her hooves, the glowing ceased instantly, along with her glowing eyes and horn. "Huh?" She shook her head and rubbed a tinkling senstation she felt after a recently abrupt use of magic. Then it all came slamming back to her. "The book...it's not just any book...it's a legacy of an entire race of beings...that thrive in the night and feed on blood...and this...prophecy details the return of their ruler...and that...will only happen on a red moon...But surely there's no red moon coming any time soon...Is...is there?" Her heart skipped a beat...she had no idea of the lunar activity...after all it wasn't her job to be responsible of the night sky... The only creature she knew that would have a good estimate on such a phenomone, and knew Princess Luna well enough, was Seth.

@@arkman575,

"Hurry Seth..." she whimpered under her tail...the cold was getting worse and her wings were twinging in pain..."There's something going on...it's no mere coiencidence that vampires are here...They want this book...Boom wants this book...for the evil it holds..."

Edited by Lightning Bliss
  • Brohoof 2

(edited)

Badaboom's weak smile persisted as Sidewinder explained his plans on continuing in being a pilot, growing ever so slightly when he mentioned his desire to repay her in someway. "Hip-hop's my passion, so I definitely am going to continue that road." She said in response to Sidewinder's question towards her plans.

"But I suppose in the near future I'll head back to the Everfree, and seeing as I lost my book, and Atlas's mentioning of similar looking ruins there. I may recruit him into some decifering for me. Sure he'd appreciate the opportunity to do some research." Boom continued before Sidewinder left Atlas's room. Oddly ignoring the fact that he literally tried to cut out her heart. "I may need a lift." She added as an obvious request. Boom took one final glance to Atlas before leaving the room as well, making her way to her own.

Upon entering BB trotted over to her window, opening it up she stuck her head out. She could feel the rapidly blowing wind, and assorted sized snowflakes slapping her face, but there was no temperature. Knowing it'd be easy for her to persue the pair of runaways, especially in these conditions. That being they couldn't be more beneficial to her in anyway.

If the freezing blizzard wasn't enough, the lack of light would certainly aid her as well. However with an exhale of second thoughts she reclosed her window, putting her headphones once again back into place, but did not turn them on. It's just a book, there's more important things going on now. Boom convinced herself, focusing her attentions on the newly to be turned vampire. She couldn't leave Sidewinder alone with him, not until she could analyze Atlas's behavior on being turned personally.

Edited by Bada3oom Box

@@Lightning Bliss

Seth had managed to gather some timber by the time he began to hear the demonic chanting of Bliss in the background. At the call for him to hurry, Seth began to trudge back to where he left Bliss. Sighting the cold, whimpering mare, he rushed and dropped the wood next to her. "Bliss... you will be ok. We just need to make a fire and then we will leave in the morning." He said with little reassurance in his tone. After all the thoughts that passed through his mind, he could barley convince others of hope, never mind himself.

Going to the wood, he began to make stable fire pit. Not long after, he finished the fire, now waiting for Bliss to light it. "Mind if you give the starting spark?"

• Brohoof 1

@@arkman575,

She nodded to Seth shakily and focused her horn on the timber... It sparked a bit as she tried to remember Polaris' teachings about lightning her horn in a glow, like a torch for light...As her horn began to glow, the sparks jumped, igniting the dried wood near instantly. It quickly gained momentum and blew into a nice, beautiful warm fire, that she didn't hesitate to scoot close to. She leaned a few feet towards it, allowing her wings to get the main heat exposure first to help melt the ice off.

"Seth... this book," she pushed it towards him, "it had an odd connection with me... There were parts of it I couldn't read...then all of a sudden it fluttered into the air...and somehow I was able to read it! It spoke about a prophecy...The Legend of the Blood Moon Princess... A vampire that would return to bring back the rightful bloodlines of vampires, taking over the night once more...to rule. Ever heard of such a prophecy?"

(edited)

*The following Day*

Badaboom roughly kicked open her bedroom door, BoomBox blasting obnoxiously over her shoulder. Being on her hind limbs, while maintaining her balance, the vampiric mare shuffled into the open living room. Sometime during the night she had changed out of her second ruined hoodie, and into a third. Yet this a bright pink copy, which accented her rather overly chipper attitude. Knowing that only she and the two turned vampire remained in the cabin she marched freely around the open space towards the window.

Peering outside Boom noticed that the blizzard had stopped, but did stack on the ground a good foot or two. "Good morning, Icewater!" She whinnied cheerfully somehow loud enough to be heard over her BoomBox. As she continued to trot over to Atlas's door where she put her music player down, shutting it off when it reached the end of the current song. "Rise and shine, sleepy, gunna have tah start packing or you'll miss the plane!" She called playfully with a modest knock on the hardwood door.

Immediately following the mare paced backwards a bit, just in case the Pegasai inside had already awoken. The last thing she wanted now was a repeat of last night, but with the assistance of vampiric strength. She recollected the event placing a single hoof over her fully healed chest. She also pondered the two runaways, and even more so Sidewinder. He seemed to be in better spirits before heading to his room. Hopefully the night gave him time to get his thoughts together.

Edited by Bada3oom Box
  • Brohoof 1

@@Lightning Bliss

"No I haven't... wait... I recognize the symbols..." Seth said, looking to the book. "I can't exactly remember where... but they seem rather familiar... However I doubt we should stay up much longer... the night is setting in." He said, looking to the darkening sky. "We should hit the hay and get out of here. I know a place we can get out of the snow tomorrow." With that, the wolf lied down next to bliss to help her maintain heat, then tried to sleep.

@@arkman575,

-- Morning --

She had tucked in close under Seth's belly for warmth under his fur as they slept next to the fire. The morning light woke her up softly and she was relieved to find that the storm had completely stopped but was sadden to see the fire had gone out. She looked over to Seth, who still seemed to be slumbering away. Funny, she chuckled to herself, he could sleep through anything...even after that terrofying- She abruptly stopped as she remembered the horrors of the vampire attacks. So...that wasn't a nightmare, it was real...and that book is real too... The book!

She quickly scrambled out from under Seth and was relieved to see it was snuggled underneath him as well and levitated it out for her to hold, not wanting it to get soaked in the snow. So strange that...this book holds an existing vampire culture's past... There was a culture at all! Banished by something...or somepony... Her mind drifited at the notion that the Princesses Celestia and Luna might have done so...she wouldn't put it past them. Well there's no sense in worrying about it now, the vampires are real...they have taken over the cabin and we gotta get out of here.

Even though she was cold, she managed to open her wings up and they sprouted outward proud and healthy like a swan's. She was gave a loud sigh of relif and even hopped into the air, hovering just a few feet above their campsite to stretch them out. Oh it feels like its been days since I flew! Luna that feels good! I just hope that...She gulped again realizing they probably weren't far from the cabin, I just hope that I can manage to fly myself and Seth out of here.

(edited)

@@Bada3oom Box,

Atlas groaned. He just wanted to sleep. "What? Ugh!" With great effort he dragged himself out of bed. "Give me a few" His eyes barely open he stumbled into the bathroom. What happened last night? He looked himself over int he mirror as he brushed his teeth. His mane was a train wreck as it usually was in the morning. He looked a bit pale. Was that even possible? He had a white coat. After pondering the fact in his tired daze he continued brushing. He couldn't remember a thing from yesterday. It was just cause he was tired. He spit the remember of the toothpaste from his mouth and rinsed. He put the brush and paste back into his bag. He splashed water onto his face in an attempt to wake him up. That was better. He grabbed a washcloth and dried of his face.

He went back into his room and threw the rest of his stuff in his saddle bags. What happened last night? ... Nothing... Not a thing. He wasn't up... But... A slow recollection came. A fight. Boom. Sidewinder... His eyes went wide. He ran back into the bathroom. His eyes were a blood red. 

"AHH! Don't do that!" They went back to there normal color. What? He flipped them back to red. Then back again. And again. And again. He could turn it on and off like a light switch. He checked his teeth. Where his canines once were there were a large pair of fangs.

He stood there for a moment. He had the urge to laugh but he knew if he did he'd never stop. He didn't know how to feel. Seth. Lighting Bliss. Were they safe? This new change still didn't mean he was a monster. He left for the door.

"Hey, Boom" He let his eyes stay red as he smiled a very fake smile. "Go to hell" He gave her a nice hoof in the jaw. His new strength should at least give her some pain. "Tell Sidewinder I said 'Hi'" He went back into his room, grabbed his bag, then flew out the window. He needed to find those two. Boom with be looking for him too. 

@@Lightning Bliss,@@arkman575,  

"Seth! Lighting Bliss!"

In the back of his mind a twitch developed. The more he looked the more it grew. 

Edited by Firehearted

@@Firehearted,@@Lightning Bliss,  

Seth had been somewhat awoken when Bliss had moved away from him, but the yelling of his and Bliss's name finally brought the wolf back to life. "Wolven hell... can't a wolf get some sleep...? Five more minutes...." He groggily said as he tried to return to his slumber. However, with the snow that was dusted up from Bliss's flight, he was eventually forced to wake up. Looking up at the flying mare, he smiled. "Morning, winged goddess of the clouds..." He said with  a smile. She looked nice in the early morning light. "Why were you yelling for me?" Hearing the yell again, he turned his head to face the opening the forest to see Atlas charging towards them. With a growl, he pounced as to defend the mare. "Bliss, fly. I will hold... him... off...?" He let up his guard when he noticed the pony wasn't ecatly running after them, but more running away from the cabin. "Um... Atlas?"

(edited)

With a matching, yet sincere, toothy smile Boom waited for Atlas to open the door in response. She was just about to wish the freashly turned Pegasus a good morning when a swift powerful hook caught her lower jaw. Enough force behind it to send her unsuspectingly to the ground with a rather audible pop. Confused she brought a hoof to her mouth, the pain was mild, yet constant.

Hearing the message regarding Sidewinder before the closing of his door. Badaboom held her eyes towards the hall. Raising to all fours she pulled through the sharp surge of pain as she relocated her jaw. "Jeez, well good morning to you, too!" She called after him sarcastically, but didn't persue. Moments later she caught sight of Sidewinder as he pressed into the room.

"Ayo! Feeling better?" BB questioned stupidly, given the ready look on her friends face, along with outdoor appropriate attire she smiled again, with a added twitch of discomfort. Man, dat pony packs a punch now a thought flashed through her, yet only for a moment. "Heheh, looks like your all set for the long walk to the airstrip, huh? I mean if your still down with droppin' me off near the Everfree?" She added with a wide, hopeful gaze.

Edited by Bada3oom Box

(edited)

Hearing Sidewinder mention his longed apologies towards Atlas seemed like a perfect opportunity. "Oh yeah, he said to tell ya, hi. Then I guess he took off..." Boom looked out the window, presumably the direction the Pegasus had taken. "I wouldn't call them escapees. Atlas is just a bully, Seth's a thief, and Blissy seems to be a...well a coward, I guess would be the right word." She turned back to Sidewinder.

"Your probably right though, definitely would be a shame to be grounded for Luna knows when. I'll only be a minute." Badaboom requested making her way to her own room to collect her items. Clearing her bathroom of dental higene, and her closet of clothing, then lastly all her music equipment. Excluding her BoomBox which she grabbed from the hall on her way back to the main room. Her saddlebags again stuffed to the max she grinned. "I, uh...I obviously expected to be here a little longer, haha."

"Oh, and I don't mind hearing about your plane-that is uh, I mean Jenny, right? We've got plenty of time to kill on the way down the mountain. So if your all set I guess we can head out." Boom rammbled making her way to the front door. Looking back over her shoulder at the almost empty building she couldn't help but ponder how different things would have been for the previous group if she hadn't showed up. Or worse if she acted like the monster they seemed to think that she was. At least some good came out of her vacation, she did manage a friend, she thought happily.

Edited by Bada3oom Box

(edited)

@@arkman575@@Lightning Bliss,

"Seth! Back off. I'm friend" He came to a landing in front of them. "I see you made it through the night okay" The fact he was a vampire hadn't hit home yet. "I gave Boom a nice sock int he jaw for you" He smiled think he was safe. 

Say, Atlas... Doesn't he look good...

What?

You know... I bet he's a nice seasoned taste... And that little one... Sweet...

Stop!

You want to... You've never had a taste...

Unconsciously Atlas's fangs grew out becoming exposed. His eyes swapped to a blood red again. 

No!

Yes... Go ahead...

Something in him wanted him to pounce. Strike now. Atlas stopped.

"No... No. No!" He shouted terror filling him. "I'm not a monster!" Memories surfaced. "It wasn't my fault!" He backed up eyes full of fear. 

Atlas! Now! He is your prey!

"No! I won't! Get away from me!" His memories overtook him. The pike. His eyes. Blood on his hooves. Those of an innocent. "Stay away!" He turned around and flew away. Just away. Have to get away.

@, @@Bada3oom Box,

After a panicked flight he came crashing down in front of the cabin. Still full of fear and shock he stumbled into the cabin. Somehow he still had his bags. He stared at the floor as he entered his mouth a gape. 

"No... Just no..." His mind churned with thoughts and feelings. Blood. Memories. Hunger. Guilt. 

Edited by Firehearted

Badaboom couldn't help but giggle at Sidewinder's delight in giving the run down of his biplane. "Curtis's JN-4 hense Jenny, wear goggles, two seats I'm up front, don't touch the pipe cords located there, wear goggles, don't break a tooth or lose an eye by a passing insects, and...wear goggles. Got it!" Her giggle evolved into a short full on laugh. Cut short by the sudden wobbly reentrance of Atlas.

"Oh, back already? Ya forget something?" Boom questioned the dazed, confused looking Pegasus. She noticed him stairing at the floor talking to seemingly himself. "No what?" She asked moving a step closer, but this time with her guard up, in case he was planning another sucker punch.

@@Bada3oom Box

"What? Just the ramblings of a pony with guilt" He looked back up. He was drained. "Where's my knife? Last I saw it it was with you or rather in you" He sighed. "Now what? Where are ya'll going? I've got no where to be. Care to take another along? Sorry about earlier. Just a reaction to finding out I was a blood sucking scourge of the planet" He looked almost depressed. His eyes seemed lacking in purpose. His body language told the same.

(edited)

"Oh yeah, thanks for that. Lucky for you I'm the forgiving type, at least I try to be." Badaboom quickly chimed back. "It's probably upstairs in the hallway, where I left it. Now, we were just on our way to the airstrip to head to Canterlot on the way to the Everfree Forest. Sucks to be you." She just had to throw in the extra comment before continuing to answer Atlas's questions in order as they came. "And as for a tag along..." She paused to look over to Sidewinder. "Is there room in Jenny?" She added a question of her own, before putting focus back on Atlas.

"I appreciate your apology, but you really shouldn't talk bad about yourself, or us for that matter. Especially if your planning on getting a ride from Sidewinder." Badaboom narrowed her eyes on the newly turned. "Then of course, how do I know we can trust you? Last time I did that you nearly took my heart out?" Distrust was in her lime eyes, but past that, it was clear that if possible she was willing to lend a hoof.

Edited by Bada3oom Box

Atlas frowned and stared at Sidewinder shaking his head.

"Do you wonder why I haven't lashed out against you yet? Simple. I see you as a victim here. You've got a life ahead of you. You did nothing wrong but be in the wrong place at the wrong time. I forgive you for yesterday. You couldn't control that. I just ran with terror from the only two ponies that I marked as allies. Not becasue they chased me but because I fear myself. I've turned into a monster. My first thought when I got to them was they tasted like. That isn't a happy thought. I have inner demons I can't face right now" He gave another sigh.

"How have I wronged you? If anything I should be the one not trusting you. I don't take being a vampire lightly as you do. If I were you I'd think before insulting others. Were I go an insult could land me with a sword in my gut. I may know how to use a knife but that doesn't make me a madpony" He sighed yet again.

"We shouldn't be like this. Just stop! If I'm going to tag along with you two we need a fresh start. I have nothing against you. If you're going into the Everfree forest you'll need somepony who knows the land and the dangers. That would be me. So can we just start over. We all have a clean slate"

@@arkman575, @@Firehearted,

Bliss giggled to Seth as he moaned, groggily waking up when her ears perked at the sound of hers and his name being called. Just above the treeline was the cabin...and to her horror, and yet relief, it was Atlas. He was flying towards them in a panic, screaming he was friend and not to fear him. Her fear struck her like lightning, traveling down her spine straight to her wings, forcing them to slap closed against her side. Ending result. She fell into a pile of snow behind Seth like a clumsy foal.

"Gah!" She spit up the snow that managed to get in her mouth and nose as Seth stood his ground, putting himself between her and the newly turned vamp. Her ears went down, her lip quivered in shock as she saw the red tint in his bloodthirsty eyes. "Oh gods Atlas...they really turned you..." She kicked free from the snow and quickly got close behind Seth. "No Seth I'm not leaving without you!" She focused her magic then, readying a small temporary shield to block any known attack that Atlas was contemplating.

Then abruptly, he cried out "NO" and leapt back into the air, fleeing towards the cabin...looking sad and scared...Scared of what he is? She sighed with relief though her back legs were still shaking as her tail tucked in, then nipped Seth's ear in an urgent attention. "We've got to get out of here... I just... don't know where to go...Can we afford to leave knowing there are now three vampires loose in Equestria?"

Seth watched as the pony took back off, seeing the urgency to save the two of them from himself. He gave a soft frown as he knew the same feeling all those years ago. "Bliss, it's time to go." He said firmly, turning away from the cabin's directin. "We can't stop them... Not here at least. We lost this one."

He nuzzled into bliss as he walked by her as a slight sign of comfort. "Let's head back to Canterlot... We will figure what to do there."