Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private Vampires in Equestria

arkman575

@, @@arkman575,

Bliss knew what those markings were right off the bat...and the fact Sidewinder wasn't acting chilled to the bone...nor lacking in strength...she knew immiedatly. Flash backs of what happened into the past only forcing her into a deeper panic...She didn't know whether to consolt the pegasus or run for her life...She cried in terror, making her grateful she did her business earlier then now...otherwise she would have had an accident in front of the newly created Vampire Pony.

"S--SSSS...Sidewinder...?" She pushed back on her rear, kicking snow up from under her as she tried to scoot away, "you...you are unwell...You need...help ah...SETH!!" She cried out, hoping and praying the wolf would hear her, "SETH!!! SETH!!! COME QUICK!!!"

(edited)

"No... It wasn't me... It was the demon" Atlas squirmed in his bed.

Meanwhile in dreamland...

"No! I didn't do it!" Atlas backed into a corner. His friends surrounded him all with angry faces. 

"You're a killer. Your death won't be any quicker" The rhyming Zebra named Zecora walked another step forward.

"I should gut you right now. You're a monster like me but much worse" Hunter growled like a wolf as he closed in.

"Why did you do it, Atlas? Was it for money?" Done Deal walked closer.

"Why, Atlas? You're a murderer. You desire death. A life for another" They began to chant. 

"No! I wasn't me! It wasn't my fault!" They stopped walking forward and parted. A pony stepped forward. He wore the clothing of someone going into he woods for a good time. His face was a twisted mess. His mouth was cut into a permanent frown. He was covered in blood. Two large holes were in his body, about the size of a pole. His eyes... Were not there. Only blood.

"Atlas... You did this to me" 

"What?! No! No!" He put his hooves up in defense to find the m covered in blood and holding a bloody pike. He threw it onto he ground. 

"Stay away!"

"SOME PONY HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

@,@@Lightning Bliss,  

"AHHHH!" Atlas fell out of his bed with a thud. "What the Tartarus was that?!" He burst out of his room to investigate. He knew he hard heard somepony scream for help... Did he? He walked out the front door of the cabin and looked around. Hoof prints? He turned int he general direction of them to see Lighting Bliss panicking a good ways up the hill. His wind still swirled with thoughts from the dream he just went through as flew up the hill. It was just a dream... That was all.

"Lighting Bliss? What's wrong?" He looked down to see Sidewinder onto he ground. He dropped to his knees and checked him.

"No bad wounds. Just this on his neck. I'd say a snake bit. You didn't try to suck any venom out of it did you? You probably didn't. It's pretty old. No bleeding. Weird" He check for any more bits.

"Sidewinder. Can you hear me?"

Edited by Firehearted

@,

"That's...that's no..." she tried to regain herself as Sidewinder abruptly hissed at her to be quiet then apologized before he trotted back off to the cabin clearly not realizing the danger he was in as well as the others...but she knew...and she had to tell Seth now...She struggled to her feet, looking at Atlas in fear.

@@Firehearted,

"He's not what he used to be..." she spoke faintly to him, not making clear enough sense due to her previous panic, "he's showing signs already... He's losing his temper...its his opposite side...taking over...I got..I got to get to Seth!" She focused her mind and quickly teleported back to the cabin, landing just feet from the still sleeping Seth.

@@arkman575,

"Seth?" She poked him firmly with her horn, "Seth!! WAKE UP WAKE UP WAKE UP!" She pushed on the wolf's back firmly with her front hooves, "Wake up wake UP! ITS BACK!!! IT"S BACK!!!"

@@Lightning Bliss

"Signs? What?" Before he could question more she teleported away. Grumbling he glided back down the cabin and into the house. He found her yelled for Seth to wake up.

"Lighting Bliss! Calm down! What do you mean signs? He acting like that because he got bit by a some mountain snake which I never knew existed, has been out in the cold for who knows how long, and he is probably sore from lying on the ground for so long. Leave him be. I'll be in the kitchen making coffee" He trotted off the lack of sleep starting to get to him. 

He began to work the coffee maker as he grumbled to himself.

"What a way to start off a vacation! A hysterical pony panicking about everything, a pegasus who is acting like a jackass, and I've got those dreams again. Princess Celestia!" Once it was done he poured himself a cup and held it with his wing leaving his hooves free. 

"Coffee's done!" He shouted into the rest of the house. 

Come to think of it, Sidewinder's bite kinda looked like a vampire bite... Strange... Whatever...

He sipped his coffee slowly.

@@Firehearted,

"GAH!" She snorted at Atlas not taking her hystarics seriously... She whinnied with frustration then began fluttering around the cabin frantically like a tramutized chicken before finally coming to a rest on the couch with a thump. She grabbed the fluff end of her gryphon like tail and held it like a comfort blanket, rocking back and forth.

"He doesn't know what I'm talking about...how can he? Would any pony other then Seth understand?" She continued to rock back and forth, feeling like the nightmares of her previous cabin encounter was starting all over again. She threw her wings over her face, ignoring his calls about the coffee being ready, and sobbed...waiting for Seth.

@

Atlas sipped his coffee as the house fell into its own kind of chaos. "Why the hell is everyone so panicky... Something bigger must have happened last night" He decided to round up everyone in the house and sort out what happened last night.

"Seth and Lighting are already in one place so we'll meet there" He walked past the two and into the halls. He noticed a somewhat angry looking Sidewinder storming through the hall.

"Hey, Sidewinder! We need you in the main room. We're going to get over last night's chaos and find out what happened" He kept going looking for Badaboom. 

@

What has gotten into these ponies? A few minutes longer he found her room. He knocked and pushed open the door. "Something happened last night. We need everypony in the main room"

Badaboom was sitting on her queen sized bed when Atlas came in. She feigned rubbing her now normal lime eyes of sleep. "Sup yo?" She asked being that her headphones still bumped unrelentlessly to her, and almost mute to everyone else. Giving a long yawn, while stretching her front hooves up to the ceiling. Atlas had already began making his way to the main room.

Raising from bed, Boom straightened her forest green hoodie and proceeded to follow the Pegasus out into the open room, where everypony else was already assembled. "Good morning Icewater, everypony sleep well?" She asks running her line of sight over the other vacationers, stopping on Sidewinder. He looked under the weather, but excluding the serious expression, he seemed to be transitioning very well.

@, @@Firehearted, @,

Bliss's nostrils flaired as Sidewinder entered the room...his features clearly showing frustration and anger... Somehow she could sense the change going on within him... Atlas is wrong, she told herself, a snake in the mountains are you kidding me? Do they honestly not recongize a vampire bite when they see one? This only triggered her to shake like a rattler as it dawned on her that he was probably not the only vampire in the room...A vampire must have attacked him at some point in the night...maybe even early morning...He didn't have those marks on his neck when she first met him.

She got up instinctively, now wanting to be anywhere near the ponies. She levitated the quilt around her and sat in the corner while pulling out a chair to put in front of her, as a small attempt to keep them all from coming near her. Far as she was concerned, she didn't trust anypony in the room, except for Seth.

@@Lightning Bliss,

Atlas stepped in to the main room to see Lighting Bliss still panicking.

"Lighting Bliss. Why are so panicky. Sidewinder isn't dead. No pony dead. He got bite by a mountain snake which I didn't even know existed until today. He's going to be fine. Relax and have some coffee.

@

"And no I didn't have a good night. I was up most of the night and couldn't sleep. Coffee's the only thing I'm running on right now"

@

"Sidewinder. What the hell happened last night so we can get this all sorted out"

(edited)

"Oh ho! Mr. Grumplestine. Glad to hear it. What's wrong jacket didn't keep ya warm enough?" Boom responded with heavy sarcasm. A moment later however she suddenly killed her music, lowering her headphone set back around her neck, zooming over to observe his. Mear inches away, "Ah man...that's sick." Badaboom stated. Though difficult to judge her choice of words, to be taken as in sick/gross or sick/tight.

Pulling away slightly Badaboom looked over the rest, stopping on the Alicorn this time, who had taken a rather terrified position in the far corner. Boom however shrugged it off as Atlas cut in. "Huh? A mountain snake?" She spoke looking back over on Sidewinder. Not pushing her luck at the moment she decided to just end it there. Sidewinder hadn't true compromised her...yet.

Edited by DerpyVinyl

(edited)

@@Firehearted,@, @,

She levitated a cup of coffee from Atlas but refused to come out of her corner. She eyed the fact Sidewinder snapped at BB as she entered the room... Though she didn't seemed to be out of line...Bliss's reflexes and suspicions continued to esculate...there was a mother or father vampire in this room...she knew she couldn't trust any of them...But now that she knew Sidewinder was indeed one, and pointing his nose at BB first...she already marked the earth pony down as a first suspect.

She took a deep breath and regained her composure, pushing the chair away but refusing to leave her corner.

"Snakes do NOT live in mountains Atlas..." she corrected him firmly, her alicorn diplomatic tone of authority echoed clearly out of her mouth, "I've been in these woods before...snakes don't like it out here and there's certaintly not a species that lives out here...Least as far goes a pony named Fluttershy told me... I met her once when I took one of my pets to see her for an illness..." She stood up then, keeping the quilt wrapped up tightly around her, particularly around her neck. "I'm sorry that I panicked though..." she said bluntly to Sidewinder before turning to Atlas. "I had a nightmare as well last night...a dark one... from... " she gripped her head then, feeling like the more she thought about it, the more the feeling that 'she was back' continued to grow, "it was from an incident that happened to me and Seth a long time ago."

She dropped the subject then realizing that Atlas wouldn't believe her, let alone Sidewinder and BB. Especially if they were all vampires at this point. "Look...something happened to Sidewinder," she said firmly to Atlas and BB then, "something...something really bad... I'm not gonna say what, you two wouldn't believe me... But I can feel it...in the tip of my wings...my horn my tail!"

She then backed away from them again, keeping a good distance from the three ponies, "We shouldn't leave each other alone at night anymore...I recommend...As a group...we shouldn't wonder off without each other all present."

Edited by Lightning Bliss

(edited)

BB tilted her head curiously at Sidewinder's question to speak alone. "Uh..I don't see why not." She replied innocently. Looking back to the alicorn she smiled. "It's not night now, should be fine, right?" Boom inquired, but made it clear that she was not taking the situation seriously. Her eyes then fell on Atlas before jutting back onto Bliss. "I think I agree with you that it doesn't seem likely to be from a snake, not that I could guess anything different, but if you wanna keep your theories to yourself that's cool." She added nonchalantly waiting for Sidewinder to lead the way, or be interupted by one of the others.

Edited by DerpyVinyl

(edited)

@@Lightning Bliss

"If it wasn't a snake then what was it? Those bite marks are a dead ringer for a snake. And I wouldn't know if snakes live in the mountains. That'd be a question I'd ask Zecora, a friend of mine. That bite mark can't be anything else unless you're implying it's a vampire which is just a myth" 

@

Atlas's eyes shot to Boom. "She can say what she feels. I'd keep to my own business right now. Everyone's too jumpy. Unless you have anything else to say I'll be up the hill a bit" He waited for any more questions. If there were none he was going to the hill to investigate the place Sidewinder was last night.

Edited by Firehearted

"None? Then I'll be back" Atlas went to his room, grabbed his cold weather clothes and was out the door. "Let's see what's here" He followed the still fresh tracks to where Sidewinder was. It hadn't snowed over yet which was going to make this much easier. The tracing of a pony was in the snow where he was lying. Strange... There were two sets of tracks on the way up... Those were not from this morning and had to be from last night... Somepony was with him. He began to check the snow. The smallest drop of blood was int he snow. Could be from the "snake" but then there would be more. He found a small patch of ice among the snow. The rest was soft and nice but this was just ice like it had melted then hardened. Could have been something hot touched it. Sidewinder's outline in the snow wasn't perfect. He had fallen then moved a bit like one trying to get comfortable. A struggle? No. Now to hunt for snake tracks or just a line in the snow. He searched the surrounding area but found none. Only a set of tracks leading away from the scene. He followed them. Down the stairs, to the base of the house, then to... Boom's window? Strange... Something was amiss. Sidewinder wanted to talk to her and these tracks led straight to her window. He decided to do something a bit illegal. He checked the window. Unlocked. He made sure it stayed unlocked. He would be paying her room a visit later but not now. 

Atlas evidence was a bit disturbing. Certainly not a snake. The tracks only made him more worried. There should have been more blood. Though he hated to admit it this was strange and beyond his knowledge. Somepony in this house was not who they said they were but he wasn't going to start calling ponies monsters. Time to play the spy game. He stepped back into the house the others still sitting about except Sidewinder and Boom who had gone off. He walked into the study, knocking first. 

"Hi. I'm just need some paper is all" He grabbed a notebook and pen and was off not hearing a thing. He left the hose again hen crept to the study window. Pen and paper he planned to write down everything they said. Now all had to worry about was not getting caught.

(edited)

Boom followed Sidewinder to the study and closed the door behind her. "Yeah, your basic deduction skills are uncanny, straight off the hook ya know." She slyly retorted, if not just to get under the Pegasai's fur. "But in all seriousness, your spot on about that, in the assumption that I had something to do with your sudden....change?" She questioned unable to come up with a better fitting word at the moment.

"There's no need to be afraid though, the benefits outweigh th-" she cut herself off as Atlas suddenly pressed into the study after knocking, to acquire a pen and a ream of paper. "Heheh, that's kinda funny.." Eavesdropping eh? Not too obvious she monologued. Even though she could easily read Atlas's intentions it didn't stop her from answering Sidewinder's questions, especially after hearing his last.

"As for being friends..I'd like to think so..." BB trailed off almost shyly. "Being that we're the same now. What Atlas had said about myths, it's anything but." She stopped a moment to gauge Sidewinder's reaction. "And I'm fairly certain that the alicorn knows it." She felt like she was being a little too straight forward, but she was also unintimidated by any present within the cabin, as she had premeditated plans for each.

Edited by DerpyVinyl

Badaboom's eyes shown red, but for a fraction of a second, in response to Sidewinder's last question. Which was more of a shocked statement. "I shit you not, dog" she couldn't help the urge to flip his words around. "Startin' to put the pieces together?" She asked rhetorically, giving Sidewinder a few moments to absorb the truth.

Lowering her eyes then to the ground a frown over took her, but only a slight one. "I have one thing." Boom locked eyes with the Pegasus. "As a friend, I need you to play it cool, and I promise nothing bad will happen." She gave a smug grin, one of her usual expressions. "Jus' go on like everyday life, it's just the beginning. Remember your on vacation!?!" She shouted the last part a little louder than needed, but intentionally so. With a little laugh, "that if memory serves cost you a hoof and wing, haha. N-no pun intended..." She trailed off rubbing the back of her mane.

Atlas had heard enough and had written it all down. Something as off. REALLY off.He wouldn't present anything now... He needed to read up on this. His logical mind told him this whole predicament was just wrong but the less-than-rational part was hard at work piecing it together. He would keep his guard up. He went to his room and dug into his bag. He pulled out a knife. Nothing special. Just steel sharpened to cut. He placed it under his pillow along with a strap that would have gone on one of his front legs and went about writing his findings down. Once those two were done in the study he would go and grab some books on snakes. And legends.

Prime suspect: Miss Badaboom Box.

"Anytime, but remember, that you can't go alone." B-Box replied casually letting a couple wubs echo through the cabin before returning them to he ears. She stepped out into the hallway behind Sidewinder and watched him disappear into his own room. Turning her attention to the kitchen she made her way in rummaging through the cupboards until she found a coffee mug.

"Hey Mapbutt thanks fo dah coffee!" Boom called pouring herself a cup, before making her way casually through the cabin back to the main room where Seth and Bliss still sat. "So...kinda of a bummer that everypony's feelin' so outta spirits, I mean chill out. That's why we're here isn't it?" She questioned the pair taking a seat.