Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private Vampires in Equestria

arkman575

@@arkman575,

"Just on vacation, it was a surprise," she smiled cheerfully to her comrade as they re-entered the cabin, "Nights insisted that I go on vacation. His mother had complained to him earlier on my last mission, that I looked... "fatigued"" she shrugged as she helped to levitate the door shut behind them, not noticing the earth ponby BB or the pegasus Sidewinder just yet. "So Prya paid off my stay here and Nights gave me the surprise. He told me that he's expecting me to come back home after a few days, rejuvinated and relaxed. I'd hate to dissapoint him!"

@, @,

She trotted happily thinking how easily relaxed she was going to be in this nice warm cabin, when she realized she was forlocking in front of the two other ponies. "Oh um..so sorry for keeping you two waiting on the firewood!" She spoke shyly unlike she was earlier with Seth, "um...So ya...here's the firewood... I think I can get a fire started with this horn if I can still remember that spell..." She wobbly levitated the logs into the fire place along with twisting up some avaliable newspaper to help heat the flue. Then she focused her horn at the fire place...trying to imagine her horn lighting like a flashlight...

"Grr...come on you..." her nerves were getting the better of her...Seeing two strangers staring at her knowing what she was making her nervous...Her horn bleeped in and out of an aura glow...a few sparks flying here and there...but not catching a fire on the wood. "Gah!" She huffed and looked at Seth apologetically, "I...I dunno what's wrong... Guess I'm just a bit...nerouvs... Um... Night Lights usually starts fires back at home..." She looked then to BB then to the pony known as Sidewinder... "So um... hi it's so lovely to meet you both... My name is Pri-... Um.. Call me Lightning Bliss, or Blissy."

"Freelance, hmm? Sounds profitable. Sure biplanes don't get tired, but how 'bout the pilot? Gotta go the distance sometimes, eh? Still way to overcome your..um, handicap." Badaboom responds as kindly as possible. "Couldn't pick a better spot in Equestria to come and 'chill' out." She added noticing Atlas reenter the room from across the way.

Waving her hoof to welcome the Pegasus over, Boom called out. "Ayo Atlas come pull up a chair! This is Sidewinder." She took the liberty of introductions into her own hooves. As she summoned the acquaintance, Seth and the alicorn pressed through the front door in mid-conversation.

The horned one of the pair demonstrated her magical capabilities, attempted to at least. She managed to logs into the fireplace, but couldn't quite get them lit. Boom read her lips as she blaimed it on her nerves. Seemed to be a common hinderence among the group, B-Box pondered shooting a glance to the for the most part silent, white, Pegasus mare still hanging back near the doorway.

"Pleasure Bliss, name's Boom..think your the only pony not to catch it?" B.B. spoke lifting herself from her chair to hover next to the alicorn before the fireplace. "Plan B, on getting it lit up?" She questioned looking over the herd once more, before stopping her line of vision hesitantly on the Alpha Wolf in the room.

Seth turned his head to view the ponies. his eyes finally halted on the one pony who seemed frightened by his presence. With a stalking glare, he stared at the DJ, a hint of a growl building in his lungs. Seth played this act for a bit, wanting to scare the record player well. Finally he broke his stare and laughed. "Sorry, I just had to try that out. My names is Seth. Seth Eclipse. Wolven diplomat. Reinstated as of last month. This is my little 'welcome back' gift from my overseers." He explained.

Turing to Bliss, he gestured to his once rainbowed eye. "Volt got me a green contact so I don't spook anypony with the little color." He said to his friend. Seeing the fire was building, he walked over to a rug before the fire. Taking three circles around, he then sat in the middle of the rug as a dog would do on a long winter's night.

After explaining the hardships of being a freelance pilot, Badaboom felt a similarity, as she too primarily made a living by random events and charity. She observed Sidewinder move into position to ignite the flames with a lighter tucked away in his pocket. He seemed like a pretty resourceful guy. B.B. was about to make a statement regarding the fact, however her attention was again pulled elsewhere. Now that she took note of the semi malicious glare presented by the Gray wolf.

Boom's headphones deafend the gutteral sound made by Seth, but the look he held was enough to put her on edge. With a silly uncomfortable laugh B-Box made her way back to her seat. He wouldn't actually try something here, would he? She questioned mentally, before the canine made it obvious that he was attempting some sort of prank.

Watching as Seth took a place on the floor, in front of the toasty fire, unable to catch a thing he said due to the angle. Boom smiled feeling a little over cautious. Seth had to be somewhat of a nice pup if he was friends with a bubbly alicorn like Lightning Bliss. Deciding to break the minor case of tention, B-Box lent forward casting her eyes from Seth to the alicorn. "So I, uh, take it you two knew each other pre vacation? I mean with that leaping display of affection and what not. How'd ya meet?"

@, @@arkman575,

She blushed bright pink on her white cheeks as BB made that observation of her greeting Seth so passionatly...but then again how could anypony ignore that fillish display? "Y-yeah..." she blushed even brighter, "Me and Seth go a little ways back. We first met at a tavern he used to own. As time went by and the fact we both have our own diplomatic positions to carry out...we tend to see each other off and on." She walked up to him and got up in front of the relaxed wolf and flexed her wings a bit, before lowering herself down and curling up against his side, placing a friendly wing over his back and enjoying the fireplace with him as she continued.

"I guess you could say...it was a friendship easily made with our similiarties, but Seth here," she nuzzled his cheek, "he's saved my life countless times. One time at a cabin similar to this one, and another time when we were kidnapped by a crew of wouldbe pirates!" She realized she was getting too eager in her story telling and calmed just a bit, "but um...anyways. I wasn't expecting to see you here Seth! It's a happy surprise. I cannot wait to tell Night Lights after I get home."

She then turned to the rest of the group in the room, including Sidewinder, Atlas, and Lightwing. She smiled to all of them eagerly, and nodded to Sidewinder in thanks for getting the fire started. "Sorry about that earlier... I get a little nervous and can't really perform well in public," she smiled to the hummled pegasus, acknowledging his bent wing with respect.

"I like the contact Seth," she whispered to the wolf in his ear soon after, "but personally the rainbow eye adds character!"

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

"Ah! Businessman, what made ya give up yer tavern? Good ol' problem of location, location, location?" Badaboom asked prematurely. "Hero too?!" She added rambunctiously upon hearing of his lifesaving feats. The alicorn also mentioned their similarities on a political level, which usually and didn't spark the slightest of interest from B-Box.

Witnessing Lightning Bliss snuggle her nose against the wolf's cheek, she couldn't help but let out a harmless giggle, before sarcastically averting her eye. Blissy pulled away from Seth, and gave sincere thanks to Sidewinder for getting the fire started. However the Pegasus took a moments opportunity, and left for the back of the cabin.

Boom didn't feel a particular need to follow, and continued to just kick back. Enjoying the heat of the flame and bumpin' bass in her ears. She still kept focus on the other occupants of the room, just in case they haven't gotten enough introduction out of the way. After all they had just met, and would be staying together for quite awhile.

Edited by DerpyVinyl
  • Brohoof 1

Seth smiled at the DJ's kind words. It was nice to be with a calm crowd of relaxed ponies. Compared to his last diplomatically conference, this was heaven on earth. "Well, for the tavern, it technically wasn't mine. At the time, the owner was rather ill and I took the job while he recovered. When he did find his health, I returned to my true calling." He said, looking to the fire. "Although, I still make one hell of a Long Island." Thinking over the times at the bar, his mind drifted to his friends he met there. With those memories, there came pain of what he endured... as well as inflicted. Seth couldn't help but remember the pervious vacation he was on in the mountains. It nearly cost him the lives of all those he held dear.

With a cold face, he kept starting into the burning timber. "Don't call me a hero. The title would only falsify what I am." He stated, not turning back to the others. With the vile from earlier in his paw, he turned his attention to the dark liquid. It was a reminder what he had done, and that he couldn't forget it.

@@arkman575,

Her eyes sadden as she looked at her friends' face, knowing exactly what he was thinking about. She could do more then nod in respect of his feelings, and placed a hoof on his paw and leaned in more on his fur to enjoy the fire with him.

"For what it's worth..." she said quietly to him, "It really doesn't matter what you think... I know what happened back then...and I know what you did, for me and our friends." She smiled to him, but quickly dropped the subject seeing it was making him depressed. "But on to other things! What's to eat in this cabin? I'm starting to sense some bellies *Growls her stomach* OOP um...my stomach particularly, getting annoyed from being empty for too long!"

(edited)

Badaboom felt a wave of guilt, brought on by saying the wrong thing. Though it was ment to be a compliment, and at first seemed to come off that way. Seth suddenly grew a frown and slumped down in a depressive manner. She contemplated giving an apology, but figured it best to remain away from the subject. Especially after Blissy took it upon herself to move down in position to comfort the canine.

Moments after muttering something to Seth, Lightning Bliss swiftly changed the atmosphere in the room with a rumbling belly, and suggestion on mending the situation. B-Box smiled a moment at the awkward transition, and waved a hoof in retort. "Nah, I'm good for now, but there is one thing..." A sudden flash gleamed through her eyes, positioning them to lock onto Lightwing. Lowering her headphones to drop the beat, Badaboom rose onto her hind hooves, sliding to be dancing around her target.

"I've been wondering the moment since we've got here,

What's up with this pony who barely said, hello there.

The strong silent type, don't usually mess with,

But come on,

I've seen more party, commin' from a Cheese Sandwich!

Just been standing around, actin' like a zombie,

But these just be lyrics, don't actually mind me.

Loosen those hooves up, an' welcome to the club,

Just my unorthodox way, of askin'...sup?"

Then after her sudden freestyle outbreak subsided, rather than returning her headset back over her ears, Boom silenced them completely. "Haha, sorry 'bout that, you just seemed so recluse... And your not the only one." BB barely mumbled the second part shooting a glance to the back of the lodge, where Sidewinder wondered off to. Before leaning in expecting a response from the quiet pegasai. Leaving the others to their comments, and or quest for food, within the building.

Edited by DerpyVinyl

Bliss giggled at BB's attempts at making friends with Lightwing, but even she was surprised how quiet the white pegasus was. She slowly stood up and stretched out her front hooves with her wings out and back arched, looking more like a cat then pony in that position.

"Well if the rest of you aren't hungry, don't mind me then!" She said in a brisk smile before bursting in a ball of magic, teleporting out of the living room and into the large kitchen in a clap of noise. She landed in the middle of the kitchen. The floors of it were slightly different in comparision to the wooden floors, it rather had smooth tiles of black and white, seeming only to aid in her hunger pains. The rest of the kitchen was stacked with shelves and 2 refridgerator along with 2 freezers. She concentrated her levitation abilities, adding in a small spell to conjure ingridents that she hoped the kitchen was stacked with.

"Hmmm..." her horn glowed in rainbow aura, "let's see...eggs....flour...sugar...butter...bananas....oh maple syrup!" The kitchen seemed to come of a life of its own as several doors swung open in one of the fridges, and several of the pantry doors as the ingridents she summed came floating out of their locations and landing on a cooking table in front of her. "Oh of course silly me!" She thought as she summouned a mixing bowl, spoon, and skillet for herself to mix and cook on. "Can't make banana pancakes without a mixer and skillet!"

@@Lightning Bliss

Atlas jolted awake. Didn't he just walk into the main room? He must have fallen asleep... He pulled himself out of the bed to the smell of cooking. Still a bit tired form just getting up from sleeping for an unknown amount of time he wandered into the kitchen.

"What ya cooking?" He walked toward the Alicorn cooking away.

"Lighting Bliss, right?" He looked over her shoulder to watch her cook. I've got to look pretty weird like this. Um... Talk!

"Got to say. We've got a pretty weird group here. A wolf, an Alicorn, some DJ or something"

(edited)

"Whoa! Alicorn magic." Badaboom, was suddenly caught off guard by Lightning Bliss's magical exit. Being and Earth Pony, Boom took pride in her physical strength and durability, but did have a slight interest in magic. If there was anything she was truly envious of, it would be the wings of a Pegasai.

B-Box quickly waved the thought given her current company, and put focus back onto Seth, leaving Lightwing's side with a mild sigh. "So? You gunna go eat too?" She asked casually now that her music was silenced. With that a moderate rumble came from her own stomach.

"Uh, don't mind that...just natural bass, heheh." BB's face glowed slightly red. "Really I'm fine. Had a pretty big meal before I got here." She added motioning with her hoof. "You can go join 'em if ya want. I'll be around, gunna see what else this place has got." Boom continued trotting past the wolf and down the hall.

Edited by DerpyVinyl

Seth nodded to the DJ, knowing it was best if she left him to his thoughts. However, his thoughts were torturing him as it was. His little outburst of emotion drove everyone away. Shrugging it off, he looked to the fire. Seeing it burn away at the remaining timber, beginning to die out, he decided to grab a second stockpile just in case. Standing up, he walked to the door and opened it. Walking into the frozen tundra, he picked up a second timber pile.

In the distance, he could hear canines howl, calling out to their distant. With a slight smile, the wolf listened to the calls, hearing what they meant. Wanting to join in himself, he cleared his throat, then bellowed a deep howl. Shortly after, he received many replies. Giving a final howl of good bye, Seth turned to the door and walked back inside.

@@Firehearted,

"*Squeeks* OH!" Bliss was startled by the sudden appearence of Atlas, quickly she regained herself since she was levitating the mixing spoon along with a heaping bowl of banana pancake mixture a foot over her head. It nearly dropped! "Oh oh...so sorry, you startled me!" She smiled to him then lowered the bowl down to continue with her magic mixing, "I'm just making banana pancakes! They are my favorite. And since I guess I kinda skipped out on breakfast getting here, I figured why not an early dinner?"

She then levitated the stove's knobs to turn on a small flame, then placed the skillet down with her hooves along with levitating the stick of butter and a butter knife above it. In a fluid motion of magic she cut a good slice of the butter off, landing into the skillet perfectly. She grinned at her levitation ability seeming to be at its peak of abilities as she was able to mutlitask several things at once. As she waited for the butter melt, she continued mixing the batter while turning her attention back to Atlas.

"So...you think we're a...weird group?" She asked a bit nervously since she wasn't the average alicorn, what with her giant elephant ears and gryphon like tail which she quickly tucked under her legs, "Um... I don't think we're weird at all. I mean, Seth is a dear friend of mine and I'm used to hanging with different crowds all the time. After all, we are all the same if you think about." The butter had melted completely by this point, and she slowly poured three good sized spoon fulls of batter into the skillet to cook the pancakes. "I'm an alicorn of Peace. Resolving conflicts between other races whether they be pony, dragon, or gryphon. Diamond dogs, or minitoaurs, centuars, draconous, you name it! I'm so used to meeting new beigns that its normal to me. What isn't normal ot me is when ponies find those beings strange or weird."

Nodding herself and trying not to sound preachy, she took a flat spatchula and began checking the pancakes and slowly began to flip them, all with the good abilities of her levitation.

B-Box made her way to a closed door in the back of the cabin, without a second thought she pressed it open, moving into the open space of the study already occupied by Sidewinder. Who seemed to just be returning to his seat, book in hoof.

"Hey hey, we meet again. So soon, what ya reading?" Boom asks leaning over the pegasai's shoulder in attempt to make out the wording on the pages. She was however careful not to brush his injured wing. "I think they're preparing a meal out there, if your interested." Badaboom informed, though it was pretty obvious with the breakfast aroma about the entire building.

In wait for a reply, BB backed away to the nearest wall of literature, eyeing over the mass selection. They must've had a book for any pony's interest lined against the walls. She wasn't too much of a reader, though she did take the time at times, to sift through certain bindings.

Seth tossed the lumber on the ground near the fire and added a log. Watching it slowly catch fire, he warmed his fur for a second from the winter cold. He then walked to the kitchen, smelling Bliss's cooking. Seeing the alicorn wasn't alone, Seth nodded to the other pony. Looking to the meal on the stove, Seth smiled at bliss's artwork of coronary perfection. "Pancakes for dinner? Nice little treat. I might have a quick sausage or two if they have them." He said, walking to the freezer. Peering inside, he found what looked to be a section dedicated for griffon guests. With luck, he found a pack of links and tossed them on the counter and waited for his turn on the stove. "So, any plans for the night, or just hit the hay?"

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

@@arkman575,

She smiled to Seth and flipped another pancake this time on a plate. She had about 5 cakes ready to eat by now. "I'm not sure if I'm ready to turn in or not after eating. Think I would just like to cuddle up at the fire place, and talk with you Seth, if that's ok?" She asked with a hint of pleading in her voice, making her sound more like a filly begging its mother.

"It's just been so long since we've spoken. I'm interested to know of your travels as well as share mine. Maybe talk about the diplomatic situations going on between kingdoms!" She levitated three cakes onto a seperate plate while slicing a piece of butter on top and drenching it in syrup. Then continued on with making more cakes for the rest in the cabin.

Edited by Lightning Bliss

"Nah, your right. Books aren't quite my thing. Pretty much the same as socialism isn't yours..." Boom replied looking away from the wall of books, back to the Pegasus. "Which is a shame, considering you don't seem entirely horrible at it." She added with a smile. Then casting her eyes up to where Sidewinder had indicated she skimmed through the titles of the literature.

Plucking a book from the shelf, Badaboom brought it to the table across from Sidewinder. With a thud on the surface of the table the title was clear. 'Stage Fright and how to Over Come It.' As she opened the binding her gaze lifted back onto her company. "Heheh, don't let my choice confuse you. I read this book before. Not a bad read, and is actually quite informative. Sure helped me out.." Boom trailed off almost insistingly holding her gaze.

@,@,  

Atlas decided to leave the rest of the group to themselves. He didn't care to talk about politics. He got enough of that and he was on vacation. What to do? There should be a study here. He wandered the lodge for a minute until he found the study. 

"Hey" He called to the other two ponies in the study. "Anything good in here?" He scanned the nearest book shelf. 

The Wolven War: The First Great War

A Complete Record of Expeditions to the Everfree

Airplanes: Safe or Deathtraps?

The Dawn of Modern Music

Definitely a wide variety.

Atlas eyed the other pegasus in the room.

"I've don't think we've meet yet. I'm Atlas"

@@Lightning Bliss

Seth smiled at the idea, enjoying the time at the cabin whit his old friend. "Let me just cook up these and them'll meet you by the fire." He replied, grabbing his own pan and placing it on the stove next to Bliss's. Grabbing the two links, he placed them into the pan and added a hint of butter. Smiling as the sausages began to crackle, Seth turned back to Bliss. 

"So, you seem like you have been rather busy lately. Anything in the gryphon would I should know about? I rarely hear about it, let alone go there." he asked, remembering back to the coronation, it being the last time he was there. Wonderful food, great friends to enjoy it with, falling through that gryphon's house. Good times in his book.

@@arkman575, @@Firehearted,

She watched Atlas abruptly leave their company seeming to be annoyed with their choice of topic. She felt guilty for not considering him but... she felt it had been a long time since she spoken with Seth, sighed and replied to his question.

"Ya, the Gryphon Empire has been a bustle of activities. The Empieral Counciel has been...well, needless to say... Extremely hesitent about assisting the dragon clans in the dealing with prisoners of either side of their countries." She nodded as she finished the heaping pile of pancakes and levitated them on to a nearby table while placing a flower next to it. An invitation to all in the cabin to help themselves, while she tended to her own plate. "Some former dragon prisoners that were kept deep in underground prisions had escaped last winter for them," she continued, "they were low ranked drakes, smaller then most dragons so it was hard to detect they were missing before it was too late. Several of the dragon leaders, including Night Lights mother Prya, assembled at the Gryphon Empire in the East asking for assistance in rounding them up since most of their police are so big. The gryphon guard would have a better chance of tracking the criminals down. But Nortica's counciel either hesitated or denied assistance... saying they shouldn't get involved in a mistake that was the dragons own doing."

She sighed and levitated her plate up, readying to go to the fireplace as she continued, "Nortica forsaw this meeting to be an issue and asked me to attend as usual, and help with the negotiations. I managed to convince the gryphon council for now that, to ignore a friend in need of assistance, when we've kept the peace for this long...would hurt the friendships they have. As I'm sure the dragons would come to the Empire's aid if they were in need of help. Somehow that managed to settle the council long enough for Empress Nortica's voice to be heard. So currently there are gryphon guards all around in the North hunting down the fugitives. I'm sure they will be captured before they do any harm to the innocent or themselves." She nodded feeling confident as well as relieved.