Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Which episode shows your favorite pony at their best?

ggg-2

I've always like Dash from the beginning, because of her ego and cockiness. Sometimes she goes too far (not just with that but also with her expectations and the occasional fan-hurling) and is oblivious to how others perceive her, but I think that makes Dash an even more realistic and endearing character. She acts like a real person with flaws I like in characters and can relate to. Not only that, but she's matured a lot over the series and has definitely become a more likable character

Nail head, meet hammer head.

I completely agree. Took me a while to come over to the Dash side, but I've always thought that the reasons people sometimes bash Dash are the reasons I actually like her. I love a character with flaws, especially ones having to deal with being too awesome, and I'm glad I'm not the only one who sees it.

• Brohoof 3

It's a tough call between this and Suited For Success, but I'd have to say Rarity Takes Manehattan for Rarity.  While I think Suited For Success is the slightly better episode overall, RTM really shows all sides of Rarity- for better or for worse, and for me the flaws are just as important for making her a good character as her assets.

• Brohoof 2

As Fluttershy's my favorite pony, I must go for Hurricane Fluttershy. This is where Fluttershy was shown to be at her most vulnerable and demonstrated why she has much more dimension than way too many people here think. Initially, her moments of hiding and will to not go were comedic, but then it got very graphic in a hurry, showing how her misfit status not merely hurt her, but scarred her. The stage fright and overall personality were built in over time as a result of the bullying, and she never fully recovered.

And those memories came forth in the trial when other ponies laughed at her:

Fluttershy_surrounded_by_eyes_S2E22.png

This is some pretty creepy scenery, and it shows exactly how crippling the phobia can be. By this scene alone, Fluttershy wasn't just shy. She was psychologically injured.

Let's focus on the montage:

Fluttershy decided to try and conquer her fear by training hard for Rainbow Dash, Ponyville, and (most importantly) herself. She was actively trying to get better and stomp the internal conflict dead in its tracks. But even when she thought she did so much better, she was still the "misfit," causing her confidence to wane again.

And then, the ending, marking Fluttershy's significant character development:

• Brohoof 3

I'm gonna go with Winter Wrap Up. The entire episode epitomizes all the reasons why I love Twilight, and she essentially saves the day in the end. Definitely my favorite Twilight episode as well.

• Brohoof 1

For Pinkie Pie, it'll probably be ''Too Many Pinkie Pies''. In the 'staring at paint dry' challenge Pinkie truely expressed that she would never loose her friends even if it was to sit there doing nothing with complete boredom. I dunno why, but that episode really had a strong and deep friendship moral to me.

• Brohoof 2