MP41

LMGs:

MG34

MG42

Pistols:

Walther P38

Luger P08

Mauser C96

Also, Derplight Sperkle, you might wanna check the squad list and see what other roles there are. Both of the ones you signed up for are up in the air and I have no idea if they'll stay open or not. xD

Ya know what I think?...I think it's missing grenades! >u<

Grumble grumble grumble.

Explosives:

Allied:

Mk. 2 Fragmentation Grenade

S.T. No. 74 Anti-tank Sticky Bomb

M2 Bounding Mine

Axis:

M24 Stielhandgranate Fragmentation Grenade

Hafthohlladung H3 Anti-tank Magnetic Bomb

S-Mine 35 "Bouncing Betty"

Don't grump, be happy c: It's for fun after all c:

I'm in a perpetual state of grump.

One major thing we need to decide on: Do we want a posting order like in the old RP?

Yes, or people will be forgotten and ignored to the point of being unable to RP.

(edited)

EDIT: Urgh, I find this backstory too confusing. I can't pick a goddamn side! Sunbutt or Moonbutt? Axis or Allies? Urrgh!

Edited by Firebolt Blitz

What specifically is confusing?

I can help considering I wrote it. : d

What's confusing to me is which side is supposed to be good or evil?

Or if this RP is meant to show the side of war where no one is good or evil, where nopony is right, only who is left.

There's that, and also I'm not sure who to fight for. Luna is my best princess, but the side that intends to return her to rule is an almost communist entity. And Trixie as First Citizen? Consider my nerves rattled.

But while the side that returns Celestia to rule is the supposed good side (considering the fact that they're capitalist and all) Celestia has fallen out of favour with me, considering the numerous poor decisions she has made over the course of the show. Also, there's the matter of German vs American. Who is the more superior side? Could you outline the strengths and weaknesses of both armies so I can make a better informed decision?

(edited)

You're right about neither side being right, I'm glad that came across. I made an effort to make both sides somewhat dislikeable because I really hate making things a matter of black and white.

The Eastern Axis army is a bit smaller than the Western Alliance's army, but it's better trained and generally better equipped; like the Germans in WW2, they place a focus on maneuver and speed; they have a lot of armor and use infantry to support it. The player squad will be part of a mechanized infantry regiment to emphasize this. There'll be a lot of riding on half tracks and piling out of them before the Allies can respond.

The Alliance relies more on numbers and slower tactics. They have a lot of infantry, and unlike the Axis, do the inverse and use tanks to support their footsloggers. Since I still don't really have anyone to run the Allied IC thread I'm not entirely sure what will be going on for that squad, but it'll be some flavor of infantry.

Unless you want me to go in depth about the factions from a non-military standpoint, which I can do.

Go ahead. I will take anything that can give me a better perspective on the situation. Speaking of which, so far I'm beginning to lean towards the Eastern Axis.

Just so we're clear, the outcome won't be the same as the actual war, right?

Edited by Firebolt Blitz

Oh no. I doubt this RP will go on long enough to see the war conclude, seeing as I'd like to draw it out as much as possible. For any battles that both squads are involved in, like the one the RP will be opening with (I.e fighting each other), I'll get Sugar to do a dice roll beforehand and decide which side wins. I'd like to keep the two squads mostly out of each other's way. I don't want people to get the impression they're always on the losing side, that'd be no fun.

In terms of civilian life, the Eastern Axis values equality over individual rights. You aren't as free, but no one is substantially richer than anyone else; it's not Soviet Russia, where everyone minus the party was destitute. Think more everybody is middle class. The Alliance places more emphasis on personal freedoms, but it's society is highly stratified. While you may be able to speak out against the government there, there's a very good chance you're part of an impoverished working class that can barely afford to live.

That's all I needed to hear. Put me down as a machine gunner with the Eastern Axis.

ALL HAIL PRINCESS MOONBUTT LUNA!!!!