Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Thunder Dash - Discord Living Tombstone Remix[20% Cooler Dark Hole Remix]

Courageous Thunder Dash

Here's a sweet remix of Discord (Living Tombstone Remix)

This was sooo fun to make. Critique is wanted. 

Oh, and if the audio sounds a bit funny, it's not your speakers, it's a cool reverb setting I created for it. 

https://pony.fm/tracks/2241-discord-living-tombstone-remix20-cooler-dark-hole-remix

• Brohoof 2

I like how it doesn't have the lyrics, so I can sing along to one of my favorite songs. Does all this come across as creepy to you? Because I can have that effect. xD  

Nah, not really, I can see where you're going with that. 

Sounds pretty good and surely different from the original.  :D  PLEASE keep in mind that Living Tombstone did NOT create Discord, he simply remixed Eurobeat Brony's original. Get pretty tired of seeing people credit the wrong musician for this track. :blink:

• Brohoof 1

Sounds pretty good and surely different from the original.  :D  PLEASE keep in mind that Living Tombstone did NOT create Discord, he simply remixed Eurobeat Brony's original. Get pretty tired of seeing people credit the wrong musician for this track. :blink:

I know Eurobeat Brony made it, but I just put the original song name, the person's name who remixed it, then my remix title. :)

Glad you liked it Freewave! We've gotta work together sometime. 

• 2 weeks later...

Its probably the reverb but I couldn't make out the melody. It was only when the chorus started did it sorta made sense?

The Drums seem to have been flooded by the synth and too much reverb. I can barely hit the kick and the snare. I mean, they're still audible but it seems the hats seem to be the loudest in the drums.

The synth could've been EQ'd a bit more? So that it'd be more level with the rest of the instruments? It could also help accentuate(?) the attack of the synths to make the melody a bit more recognizable (Or you could just put them in a higher velocity). The synth's volume was way too loud right after the chorus.

the reverb would've worked much better if you put it on the strings alone right after giving it an EQ. The drums could be EQ'd to about 25% and the rest could all be compressed using a limiter for only a bit.

The other instruments could've been less reverby. A Golden rule for reverb that I've learned while at work is that for every instrument, there's a unique setting of reverb. It sounded like all of the instruments went through a single reverb. Like, the drums would have only a short length of reverb since they always have a tail. Leads go to 25%, Vocals are about 30, etc etc.

All in all, its a good cover. Needs alot of work on Post though.

Its probably the reverb but I couldn't make out the melody. It was only when the chorus started did it sorta made sense?

The Drums seem to have been flooded by the synth and too much reverb. I can barely hit the kick and the snare. I mean, they're still audible but it seems the hats seem to be the loudest in the drums.

The synth could've been EQ'd a bit more? So that it'd be more level with the rest of the instruments? It could also help accentuate(?) the attack of the synths to make the melody a bit more recognizable (Or you could just put them in a higher velocity). The synth's volume was way too loud right after the chorus.

the reverb would've worked much better if you put it on the strings alone right after giving it an EQ. The drums could be EQ'd to about 25% and the rest could all be compressed using a limiter for only a bit.

The other instruments could've been less reverby. A Golden rule for reverb that I've learned while at work is that for every instrument, there's a unique setting of reverb. It sounded like all of the instruments went through a single reverb. Like, the drums would have only a short length of reverb since they always have a tail. Leads go to 25%, Vocals are about 30, etc etc.

All in all, its a good cover. Needs alot of work on Post though.

Thanks Arkane! I set it to a reverb setting that doesn't make things flooded. I grouped it so that all instruments will have the same reverb. I think I had it set to a Concert Hall I believe, it may've been smaller than that. Yeah, I needed to increase the volume of that sawtooth I had as the lead. In the Chorus, the piano and the lead were sharing the melody. Everyone has said I need work on mixing/mastering, and that's I thing I try to keep working on. I mix and master very early in my compositions, because I know which instruments will get the lead. 

Ha. I love it! It seems so dark and sinister like a mix between legend of Zelda's music and Pokémon. Hehehe. I love it! Thanks.

Thanks a lot Star! It does have that dark feeling to it. I didn't call it "Dark Hole Remix" for no reason! :P

• 1 month later...