Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Theory: Could Earth's future be Equestria?

Wes da Best/GamerPad

(edited)

I think the invention of magic akin to that of the show isn't something we'll see, and a number of things/creatures don't seem like they'd become a thing. :) Regardless... No, I don't think we'd evolve into ponies. Evolution is generally driven by what produces more/stronger offspring, and regression to quadrupedal movement, loss of hands, and the overall shift to a different branch of the animal kingdom isn't something that seems even remotely justifiable.  ;)

I'm still working my way through biology, but from what I understand of it, putting aside magic/equestrian stuff and extra strength/abilities and all that, and just focusing on the ponies... it's so unlikely to happen that it may as well be impossible, if it's not physically impossible already.

You could go the technology/biological engineering route, which would allow for going against normal limitations and the typical flow of evolutionary selection... but even that has limits.  :lol:

Edited by SFyr

What if Earth became Equestria in the distant future?

How would humans evolve into ponies?

Is it possibel?

Totally impossible! For starters we are primates and ponies are equines. Also becoming four legged would place us at a disadvantage. And the fact that as far as we can tell the ponies of Equestria

are veggie, and herbivores can't generate the amount of energy a large brain like ours need!

(edited)

Never write anything off, but as of now the laws that dictate our world seem pretty solidly against such a thing ever happening, and equally solid against ever changing to accommodate.

Edited by Little Black Dress

• 2 months later...

I think so, but I think after humans are extinct, Ponies will be the dominate species. They will evolve. I just now told this theory to my friends. This is what I said: 

Equestria is earth in the far future. In the future, the humans will be wiped out, and Equines will be the dominate species. Equines will have evolved to be highly intelligent and split into four species: Earth Ponies, Unicorns, and Pegasi being the natural ones, and the Alicorns being the mix bred products of Unicorn/Earth Ponies and Pegasi/Old Pony (Or any variation of that) The Alicorns grow a lot slower and have a longer life span, but they will never stop growing until they die. They are not immortal, but they live a long time. The reason there aren't many Alicorns at the Time of FiM is because the old ponies are extinct. (The Old Ponies are today's ponies.) The Alicorns were considered an abomination and were banished from the lands and found another place to live. Later, there was a lot of conflict, and the remaining three tribes split up into three tribes. When the Windigos created the blizzard, most of the Alicorns did not survive. The ponies you heard about in the Hearth's Warming Eve play, Luna, and Celestia fled from their homes to find a better place. That land they found became Equestria, and Celestia and Luna became the rulers. That is how Equestria was made. (That was mostly made up in my imagination. The only things that I did not make up are the things that are in the series or Diary of the Two Sisters.)

Things that may prove this theory:

1. Crystal Ponies seem to be familiar with balloons when they were gone for 1000 years. (In our time, balloons haven't even existed for 1000 years)

2. In Equestria Girls, Twilight even says that everything looks familiar which could be hinting at she just went back in time even though she thought it was another world.

3. Even though we don't see them, there are mentions of weapons.

4. Ponies in Equestria look very different from ponies here, so they most likely evolved. Also, their life span has in creased dramatically. Earth Ponies can live for over 200 years, Alicorns can live for over 1000 years, I don't know about the other species.

No. Because that would be heresy.

Ponies are from a different universe than our Earth. Otherwise, it just sounds like an excuse for a wish fulfilment fantasy of killing all humans for a hardcore anti human misanthrope.

Edited by Rush

No. It is Earth in the sense that it is called Earth but this planet is the one of myths and legends not dystopian futures. One glaring item of Evidence is that there is an Alicorn that raises and lowers the sun.

Think about that for a moment

A magical flipping pony with wings and a horn is making the SUN rotate around the EARTH

last I checked that seems to go against so many things we know about the universe that even if said hypothetical Alicorn existed her exserting this power would utterly throw our solar system out of wack and distroy us completely.

The only way it makes sense is if its an entirely different dimension with rules akin to the ones we saw in mythology where the Earth was the center and everything rotates around it.

Do I have evidence of this being an earth based on mythology? Oh I dont know lets see here we have

Tartarus

Cerberus

Greek archetecture in the clouds

mantacores

cockatrices

unicorns

Pegesi

breezies

Centaurs

Minotaurs

Dragons

creatures that manually change the seasons

griffins

ect. ect. ect.

Its a mythology based Earth with technogical advances similar to earth, not ours.