Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

CLOSED: Casting Call for Equestria: Hidden History

DoctorMcCrimmon

Of course! It's DoctorMcCrimmon@gmail.com go ahead and send them my way. I'll share them with Masterchaoss (the Executive Producer/Director), and we'll let you know what we think. Our final decision will be early next month. We may bump it up if we have everypony cast by then. But it'll probably be definite on the 14th.

But I'll let you know well before that if there's any improvement to up your chances, of course!

So I guess I'm not the Indistinct whispers? Haha

Oh! You most certainly /are/! That's a given, no matter what! But we're making them in a way that the voices are multiple voices overlapping. You're /one/ of the voices. But we need more!

Oh! You most certainly /are/! That's a given, no matter what! But we're making them in a way that the voices are multiple voices overlapping. You're /one/ of the voices. But we need more!

Oh okay! ^.^

Just out of curiosity... if no one else auditions for Silver... who gets it? >.>

Oh okay! ^.^

Just out of curiosity... if no one else auditions for Silver... who gets it? >.>

I have a few (read two) other auditions for him from other sites (we've been advertising on various mediums), and Masterchaoss and I have to decide between them. I'll let you know as soon as the rest of the members are cast. But as far as that, we're doing this fair.

The only reason we'll be closing characters is if we find the PERFECT actor to fit it. And trust me, the guy we have sounds EXACTLY like Discord, which is why the role is taken. He's the one I'm pickiest about, too, being a de Lancie fangirl, especially Q/Discord. And he has that duality to his voice that is nigh impossible to copy for most people. And his inflections and intimations are… well… if I hadn't heard his original voice, I'd have thought it was JdL himself. (And then swooned into a faint! -//_\\-')

The rest of the roles I'm not as picky about, so we're still deciding.

Next week is the cutoff, so we'll let you know then!

(edited)

Here are my Celestia and Luna auditions, sorry if they are a tad late.

I used different lines because I was trying to get these to you ASAP. :P

Enjoy!

Your Luna wasn't bad, but both of them were still rather high for the actual characters. I suppose since it's earlier, they'd sound younger, but still… try lowering your voice a touch… that might help. Loosen your throat to make a deeper sound… then try Luna again. Edited by DoctorMcCrimmon
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

Excuse the background noise, it will not be there when/if I get the role. :)

You can pick out of these sample voices I've picked for Luna.

Definitely better than last time. I will, of course, have to discuss it with Masterchaoss, and we'll let you know.

Care to try the Indistinct Whispers? I think you could definitely do those brilliantly.

Also, keep in mind: Luna in this series a a bit darker than she is in the canon series. She's slowly going mad, and turning into Nightmare Moon. If you could, please do the lines given? It's not just the voice, but the emotion behind it that is important.

Edited by DoctorMcCrimmon

Definitely better than last time. I will, of course, have to discuss it with Masterchaoss, and we'll let you know.

Care to try the Indistinct Whispers? I think you could definitely do those brilliantly.

Also, keep in mind: Luna in this series a a bit darker than she is in the canon series. She's slowly going mad, and turning into Nightmare Moon. If you could, please do the lines given? It's not just the voice, but the emotion behind it that is important.

Sure! I'll try both a bit later. :)

That's right! Saturday is the last day! So get your Luna, Celestia, Indistinct, and Silver auditions in!

Slight change of plans, though. So we should have our final decisions on cast during the week. Wednesday or Thursday most likely.

@Jen: I still didn't get the actual audition takes (using our lines). We need those by Saturday or we can't consider you for any of the roles. Perhaps you might want to try out for the Indistinct Voices (renamed to Whispers), too. We need a vocal contrast to TheSydeGuys' brilliant take, I think you'd be good for it.

• Brohoof 1

Casting call is now closed

I'd like to thank everypony who participated, it was a tough choice on some of them!

And congratulations to those who have been cast, both from here and from elsewhere.

TheSydeGuys was probably our first definite cast member. His Whispers (nee Indistinct Voices) was impeccable!

TheGhostofMarz, our animator, has also been cast as Silver Lining. His comedy background will be sure to bring that fun, jocular tone to the role.

Discord, Luna, and Celestia have been cast from our YouTube casting call, so we need to discuss with them what they'd like to be called.

Thank you all who auditioned, and we will definitely keep everypony in mind for future casting roles.

• Brohoof 1