Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What if MLP ended?

Shadowking58

I was just watching a Brony documentary on YouTube, when a certain thought crossed my mind.
I thought about the day when My Little Pony Friendship is Magic would eventually end.

I thought about how much of a loss it would be.

Not only would it be a huge loss for us Bronies, but I personally think it'll be a huge loss for quality television in general. Because all we really want to watch is reality shows on Modern-day MTV, amiright?

Sarcasm aside, I mean it when I say that it'll be a huge loss.

What do you think? Do you think it would be a loss to quality television? I'm not saying that all shows that are on TV are bad (Good examples include 'The Walking Dead' and I quite find myself somewhat enjoying 'Law and Order' when some of my relatives just happen to be watching it, even if it's not a show I personally go out of my way to watch.

But yeah, what do you think?

(edited)

There are hundreds of things to watch every year. Whether it's TV, webseries' or DVDs there's something to move on to.

People who attach so thoroughly to one series that they can't enjoy anything else are setting themselves up for failure and it borders on a sort of addiction.

When the series finally comes to an end there will be a series to take it's place. But we all know this series will also do reruns for years to come.

MLP is not the be-all, end-all of television or animation. People who treat it as such are fooling themselves.

Edited by Discordian
  • Brohoof 1

All good things must come to an end. Otherwise they live long enough to stop being a good thing, and become something terrible. So the series will end, but like everything good, it will end. Just enjoy it while it is here, and know that you can always find something else. It may not feel exactly the same, but you can find a new thing to love.

• Brohoof 3

We've seen a lot of shows come and go, it is better to cherish the here and now instead of worrying about the future. When the show eventually does end, you can still remember it for what it was and then you'll move on to something else.

MLP isn't the god of shows—it isn't even that good, in my opinion—and if it ends, big deal. Most shows end eventually and hardly any of us should lose sleep over it. When—not if— MLP ends, it doesn't mean that all other shows will suddenly turn into crap just because MLP happens to be of high quality. 

No big loss at all, really. :D

• Brohoof 2

For some shows it is better that they end eventually before they start to become pointless.

In the end though there are other things that we'll be drawn to. I used to think like you at one point. I had, at times, worried about the prospect of there being no more Spyro games.

We're kinda there, but I have found other things to occupy my time. :)

Well sadly,i don't think the show could go on indefinitely for the rest of human existence,so yes it will end at some point.

But for me tho? It will never end. I will have my eternal party in the sky with Pinkie.

mlfw1152_PARTYHARD.gif

(edited)

I never once referred to MLP as the god of all shows, all I'm saying is that it's a bright star in a pile of mostly dull stars that is American TV

Edited by Shadowking58

I never once referred to MLP as the god of all shows, all I'm saying is that it's a bright star in a pile of mostly dull stars that is American TV

There will be new stars. There will always be another great new experience, you just have to find it. MLP is a stand out show amongst rather trite children's shows, but just as it came along, so will another new great show. It may not be MLP, it may not even be a kids show. But there will most certainly be another golden star amongst the pile of shit that is modern media.

Unless you are addicted to mlp like it is heroin, in which case you will go through withdrawals and die.

Generation 5 my friend. It won't be Friendship is Magic, but Hasbro isn't stupid enough to devolve this franchise back to Generation 3 levels. Bronies eat out of their hands. If they're smart they'll get quality is why this brand attracted so many people.

• Brohoof 1

Won't really change anything. Shows come and go, but they still live on. The real question is; will this stand the test of time later, or will it flop like so many shows of old have?

• Brohoof 2

I can suggest a few fantastic shows to keep ya occupied.

There's Gravity Falls (Disney Channel), there's Homestar Runner (www.homestarrunner.com), there are the first couple seasons of Spongebob, Animaniacs (I think it airs on The Hub sometimes). All of which I recommend at least a look-see.

Don't lose your spirits. Even after the show is long gone, the evidence suggests that fans will be creating pony stuff for quite some time. And, as was previously mentioned, Generation 5 of My Little Pony could be very promising indeed.

• Brohoof 1

I can suggest a few fantastic shows to keep ya occupied.

There's Gravity Falls (Disney Channel), there's Homestar Runner (www.homestarrunner.com), there are the first couple seasons of Spongebob, Animaniacs (I think it airs on The Hub sometimes). All of which I recommend at least a look-see.

Don't lose your spirits. Even after the show is long gone, the evidence suggests that fans will be creating pony stuff for quite some time. And, as was previously mentioned, Generation 5 of My Little Pony could be very promising indeed.

That's why I'm curious about.

I'm so nervouscited to see what Generation 5 is going to be like.

Well sadly,i don't think the show could go on indefinitely for the rest of human existence,so yes it will end at some point.

But for me tho? It will never end. I will have my eternal party in the sky with Pinkie.

img-2752519-1-mlfw1152_PARTYHARD.gif

I'll bring the nachos and wubs

NachoNachoMaaan.png

• Brohoof 1

End of the last season doesn’t mean end of the fandom- true masterpieces are immortal. Look at “The Lion King”- 20 years have passed since its release, but the fandom is still alive. For many of us the ponies have become a part of our life, I doubt it’ll be forgotten so fast.

As sad as it is, MLP will end one day.

But when it does, at least we still have the fandom!

(That, and like everyone else has said, there will be plenty of other good things to come in the future as well.)