Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Psychotropic Pink (A Pretty Pinkie PMV)

Stellafera

(edited)

Good use of Swarm of the Century towards the end there. I know that episode's not exactly one of your faves, but it was very appropriate and it makes you realize that being ignored there might've been especially frustrating for Pinkie in particular. Wonderbolt Academy was pretty great too, and it's hard to call her behavior in that episode OOC in the context of this video. Pinkie is clingy as heck (especially to Dash :ph34r: ) and your turning what was supposed to be a partially funny scene into just another worry that she's not important to her friends was very effective.

And you couldn't resist the happy ending :lol:. It was really sudden, but that didn't take away from how touching it was. Thought the gesture of her resting happily after putting away all her party supplies was awesome too :). Her realizing that she doesn't depend on them for value after all, and that she doesn't need to drive herself batty trying to please others. An excellent video about a pony I relate to quite a bit :D. Best of luck in the contest.

Edited by DashForever
  • Brohoof 2

• 3 weeks later...

It looks like the contrast and color saturation of your video is slightly too high. Youtube did the same thing to my PMV when I uploaded it. Youtube tends to increase the contrast and saturation for some videos. I don't know why. I'm guessing it has to do something with the video's codec.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

It looks like the contrast and color saturation of your video is slightly too high. Youtube did the same thing to my PMV when I uploaded it. Youtube tends to increase the contrast and saturation for some videos. I don't know why. I'm guessing it has to do something with the video's codec.

Actually, for this one, the high saturation's intentional to represent her hyperactive state and contrast more strongly with the desaturated bits, but I'll keep that in mind if it was too high. Thanks for the notice, though.  :)

Edited by Stellafera

(edited)

What is the video format and codec that you rendered with?

Well, I've sort of forgotten anything I've learnt about what the difference between those two is, but I save my videos as mp4s due to working in Sony Vegas Movie Studio. 

What I see on my monitor on Youtube, though, is what I had in mind. Maybe my monitor's calibrated a little differently on my end so it looks better, or maybe I just like bright colors more. *shrug*

Here's another video of mine for comparison:

Edited by Stellafera

"Can you do a Pinkie Pie character study with no Pinkamena?"

Yes, it's possible to do a Pinkie Pie character study without using Pinkamena...but why? :derp:

• Brohoof 1