Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Why does ponification bother people?

ZomBrony

(edited)

Here's a good topic for discussion.. Why does ponification bother people? It's not hurting anyone. I'm sitting here wracking my mind trying to think of any good reason that might be upsetting to someone, but I just can't. Why do you think it does?

Edited by ZomBrony

to each their own i guess...nothing bothers me (except Belibers, Heat fans, and idiots)

Not even Beliebers are too bad. The normal ones are fine, but everything has to have its excessive fans. Never even heard of Heat, and well.. Idiots are idiots. xD Nopony likes an idiot. 

Personally, it doesn't bother me.

But I believe it's a psychological thing. For example, let's say you learn a disturbing or unpleasant fact about a song. It might ruin your liking of the song even though it's still the exact same song as it was before you learned this new information. I imagine the same applies for some people who dislike ponies and see ponification of one of their favorite franchises, characters, etc.

• Brohoof 5

Because people can get annoyed, they don't have to explain themselves, everyone has their own opinions.

I don't quite agree with this.. Everyone is allowed to have their opinions, yes. But I think they should have some reason to explain themselves to those whom their opinions hurt.

• Brohoof 3

Think it's just a matter of opinion, maybe, well...in my opinion, lack of imagination?

For me, creating my ponysona has opened a wide varity of artwork for me to do, stories and even vid media. Sure she is a part of my personality, but so are all my art pieces. If people can't understand that, well then they just don't understand my artistic ability or state of mind.

• Brohoof 1

Personally, it doesn't bother me.

But I believe it's a psychological thing. For example, let's say you learn a disturbing or unpleasant fact about a song. It might ruin your liking of the song even though it's still the exact same song as it was before you learned this new information. I imagine the same applies for some people who dislike ponies and see ponification of one of their favorite franchises, characters, etc.

This is a good point, thank you. Especially since I can actually relate to it. There's a few songs I used to have that I once liked but never thoroughly listened to and stopped liking when I discovered what they were about. Usually due to sexual undertones.

• Brohoof 2

I don't quite agree with this.. Everyone is allowed to have their opinions, yes. But I think they should have some reason to explain themselves to those whom their opinions hurt.

This is the internet. nothing really more too it.

• Brohoof 2

It's kinda interesting in a way. My closest friend is not a brony, but even she found the hate towards bronies & brony-generated content to be overdone.

It's with the recently released "Beat It PMV" from AnimatedJames. There was one commenter pretty much complaining about another great thing being ponified by sub-human bronies.

Probably a troll, but I've seen similar comment on a number of other videos.

• Brohoof 1

Think it's just a matter of opinion, maybe, well...in my opinion, lack of imagination?

For me, creating my ponysona has opened a wide varity of artwork for me to do, stories and even vid media. Sure she is a part of my personality, but so are all my art pieces. If people can't understand that, well then they just don't understand my artistic ability or state of mind.

I agree with this as well. All they see from it is ponies which they just absolutely hate for no real good reason.

It's kinda interesting in a way. My closest friend is not a brony, but even she found the hate towards bronies & brony-generated content to be overdone.

It's with the recently released "Beat It PMV" from AnimatedJames. There was one commenter pretty much complaining about another great thing being ponified by sub-human bronies.

Probably a troll, but I've seen similar comment on a number of other videos.

I think they most often are just trolling. Trolls or hipsters. Hating it just because it's popular or because they don't understand it.

This is the internet. nothing really more too it.

Mmm.. That's another good point.

(edited)

Some random guy in this topic mentioned this is the internet and he is right. You should just ignore those type of people or insult the crap out of them. There is a lot of hate when it comes to those kinds of things so this is not really something different. It is hypocritical too. I am pretty sure that every human being will hate something because he/she doesn't like it. (that includes the people who ponify or whatever).

Edited by DifferentStereotype
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

You might want to ask yourself a question.. The show what it was created on, some people like the show for what it is. When Art comes around to do something like "Ponifacation" for example it might make some people cringe. Everyone has to remember ever single person has a certain standard for what they like in media.

or in this case, standards for consuming of art.

Edited by Tyler95
  • Brohoof 1

Some random guy in this topic mentioned this is the internet and he is right. You should just ignore those type of people or insult the crap out of them. There is a lot of hate when it comes to those kinds of things so this is not really something different. It is hypocritical too. I am pretty sure that every human being will hate something because he/she doesn't like it. (that includes the people who ponify or whatever).

On the bolded part, I think it is best that was avoid insulting them or else you risk going into an endless cycle of insults that won't reflect all that well on us towards neutrals.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

On the bolded part, I think it is best that was avoid insulting them or else you risk going into an endless cycle of insults that won't reflect all that well on us towards neutrals.

That is true but not in all cases. Some people just get out all of the anger towards their agressors trough insulting and bullying. Also they feel happy when they just make the other side shut up and have nothing to say.(I don't know how to say it in English) Also I don't know how neutrals could be affected by some random 2 guys shouting at eachother.

Edited by DifferentStereotype

Just another version of "Lucas raped my childhood" garbage I guess. 

I just want to say this. To all of you artists that do Ponification work ... please keep it up ... I for one love that aspect of the fan art.

Ponify away.

• Brohoof 4

Well you shouldn't just hate them back... That goes against everything our fandom stands for and makes us no better off than they are.

Everyone has to remember ever single person has a certain standard for what they like in media.

That is fine but what is ridiculous is how ponification is often argued as the same thing as actually forcing the show on someone when they know damn well that is in fact not the same thing. I can get the show or ponification not being someones thing but I will never understand all the butt hurt about it. Even all the hate against cloppers are irrational as that is makes more sense than this crap.

• Brohoof 2

It's the same reason ponies in general bother some people.

They're everywhere.  (Or at least people think they are.)

If you are talking about people who otherwise are fine with ponies, then I'm stuck.

That's a really dumb reason.. But it's unfortunately true.

Well you shouldn't just hate them back... That goes against everything our fandom stands for and makes us no better off than they are.

Actually. I don't think that in order to be a part of a fandom you must follow any rules. If those people attack you, you must fight back. It's how life works. The weakest will get crushed. If you let it pass by tomorow it might be something more serious (like getting attacked and raped/robed) and you won't do nothing just because you don't want to fight on their level.