Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

music Luna's Hope

Kurtiss

So I've started to actually make music about a week ago.

Sylph (known here as Scootaloo) and I are working on a game, and I decided to make music for it... (along side graphics and code).

But, we had to scrap our idea... someone created a very similar game before we started production. D: Our idea was a platformer (pony) shooter that took place in space... sound familiar doesn't it? :P (Google:

"Pony Space" which is btw, very awesome)

So right now, we have no idea what we're going to do...

Anyway, this was going to be its title screen music, it's meant to loop so when I was preparing to upload it I just made it so it fades out.

It'd be nice to hear what you think.

http://soundcloud.co...usic/lunas-hope

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=kIuvXFXSc6M

• Brohoof 4

Wow, this is so pretty! ^^ I think you did a fantastic job!

Thanks so much! :)

Kurtiss, that sounds awesome! I didn't know you could make music! What other wonderful mysterious secrets are you hiding?

Thanks! I have lots of secrets. :3

This sounds so beautiful and peaceful!

You did a really nice job on it! :wub:

Thanks a lot. :wub:

You never told me you wrote music... or that you were working on a game. :o

The piece is a bit on the simplistic and repetitious side, but for a first attempt at writing something original, it's quite well done. The first piece I ever wrote was just for boring old piano.

What program did you use to make it? If it supports VST plugins and MIDI output, I'd suggest finding a better instrument samples library to render it with. I have about 70 GB of samples I use with my music, and they sound like a real orchestra.

But, we had to scrap our idea... someone created a very similar game before we started production. D:

400 people have created pony forums before us. If you had that attitude when you sent me this email, MLP Forums never would've existed.

Kurtiss!.png

Just saying. ;)

• Brohoof 1

You never told me you wrote music... or that you were working on a game. :o

The piece is a bit on the simplistic and repetitious side, but for a first attempt at writing something original, it's quite well done. The first piece I ever wrote was just for boring old piano.

What program did you use to make it? If it supports VST plugins and MIDI output, I'd suggest finding a better instrument samples library to render it with. I have about 70 GB of samples I use with my music, and they sound like a real orchestra.

400 people have created pony forums before us. If you had that attitude when you sent me this email, MLP Forums never would've existed.

Just saying. ;)

Thanks! Yeah after listening to it a few times it is a bit repetitious. I used FL Studio, and I was having a hard time finding nice samples.

About the forum thing, you're so right. D: Maybe we should continue with it anyway...

• Brohoof 1

Maybe we should continue with it anyway...

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=5LO45HDhl_c

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=ft7zHARLUs0

Twice as obvious.

• Brohoof 4

From one amateur mucisian to another, I must say that I find your work to be very good. I simply don't have the time or money to compose such works, as I am but a mere high school student. However, I do believe your work sound very well done.

By the way, I am willing to help out with the soundtrack if need be. I would be delighted, in fact.

Edited by BizzarePony

It's pretty good for a first attempt!

Awesome job you did there :P

why did I chose website creating over programing at school?

Anyways, 10/5 from me

Thanks everypony! :3

What kind of a game are you refering to Halo or Dead Space? BTW Love the Music :3

Oh, I was talking about a similar game called Pony Space, which is also a platforming shooter. And thank you. ;3

From one amateur mucisian to another, I must say that I find your work to be very good. I simply don't have the time or money to compose such works, as I am but a mere high school student. However, I do believe your work sound very well done.

By the way, I am willing to help out with the soundtrack if need be. I would be delighted, in fact.

Thanks a lot! If I ever need help, I'll keep you in mind. :)