Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Feeling insignificant

GammaDove

Does anybody else have those moments where no matter what you say to your friends, they don't care or even remember what you said to them and it makes you feel insignificant?

Yeah

I'm kinda wearing thin on people complaining all the time and getting upset at me over things they shouldn't... and trying to tare me and others apart

Yesterday I kind of broke down because it felt like people were teaming up against me over something I told them to leave me alone about otherwise I'd discontinue our friendship

All of it's kind of compounded, but I'm trying to work through it

But if others keep complaining, then I don't know what will happen, I'll just freaking lose it and leave

Oh yeah, I've had those moments. 

I think it's important to talk to friends about these things if they become a pattern. They may not even realize that they're being dismissive and hurtful, and if they do... well, some friends. :/

Yeah, I've had those moments. But I brush'em off because it's only temporary. 

That's a good tactic. :)  But if it continues then maybe it needs to be looked into more closely.  :)

I've had these moments before, but i think that true friends would at least give some merit to what you have to say. And sometimes good friends do errors they feel terrible afterwards - i'd think the ability to shrug off these feelings and look past them are the qualities of a good friend.

I have had many of those moments. But they are just that, moments. As long as they stay fleeting moments then eventually they will pass, and everything will continue as normal. It is only when that feeling becomes your norm that you have to worry.

Yeah, most of the time when I have a bad mood I find that it's fleeting and I'll eventually feel at least neutral again, if not outright good. I usually find that time is the best way to heal emotional wounds if you have no other recourse. Of course, I'm not living the lives of others and I'm fairly privileged (inb4 check my privilege). So I'm not the best source on this sort of thing, eh.

I've always felt insignificant. Every time a friend has ever liked me feels like something from the distant past. Everything I attempt feels like something I did only to satisfy myself. It's tough.

(edited)

Im usally happy but, I feel insignificant sometimes too......as i think of how horrible I must be to everyone...makes me feel like, im not suppose to be happy others are

post-25870-0-64497200-1405333412_thumb.jpg

Edited by pinkiepartypie

Hah, I have a bit of an inferiority complex sometimes, so yeah. 

I'm not big on people, but I do enjoy being around the ones I like as much as possible.

Sure, I don't always feel included, but if your friends aren't treating you as an equal part of the conversation at least most of the time, I think you need some new friends.

(edited)

Sometimes, but I usually get over it pretty fast.

Edited by RainbowDScout

I often times feel insignificant to my friends imo just b/c I'm not there for them that much and they've been there for me a lot. I want to be there for them but it's hard especially when they don't always open up to me.