Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open The Dark Tournament III

Literally Snails

@@Literally Snails, ((Damn, sorry dude. Sometimes life gets in the way.)) 

Trench waited till Havoc was done. He would never sink low enough to attack someone when their back was turned or when they weren't ready. When he say the arm sink further into the ground with the combine weight, he knew this fight was going to get a little tougher. He was a bit surprised to see a Minotaur of havoc's size move so quickly and swing a large ax like it was nothing.  Trench got back in his stance to get ready to move at a moments notice.

Havoc released the straps on his shin guards and chest piece, and they immediately crashed into the ground as soon as they were released. He stood up, now only wearing his helmet, and said, "My armor is meant to protect my opponent from me. I only remove it when absolutely necessary, and it is the highest honor I give. Only two living fighters have faced me without my armor. Mason, and now you. Though, to be fair..." He slowly took off his helmet and dropped it to the ground where it crashed through the concrete like a meteor. The left side of his face was completely covered in scar tissue so thick that his left eye couldn't even open. "To be fair, you won't count for very long."

He raised his ax over his shoulder, daring his opponent to make the next move. A faint green aura surrounded his body and ax.

@@Literally Snails,

Trench gritted his teeth firmly on his dagger. He knew this fight just got a lot tougher. He also knew if he just stood around he was going to get the gist of Havoc's attack. So he had to move. He started moved near the center of the ring and stood on his hind legs and hold his dagger in his left foreleg. Then he started to hop lightly on his right hind leg while his prosthetic leg was off the ground a little. It may seem like a strange stance to some. But to Trench, it was the best stance for defensive fighting.

@@Literally Snails,

Trench gritted his teeth firmly on his dagger. He knew this fight just got a lot tougher. He also knew if he just stood around he was going to get the gist of Havoc's attack. So he had to move. He started moved near the center of the ring and stood on his hind legs and hold his dagger in his left foreleg. Then he started to hop lightly on his right hind leg while his prosthetic leg was off the ground a little. It may seem like a strange stance to some. But to Trench, it was the best stance for defensive fighting.

Havoc sprung into action, wielding his ax with only one hand. He sprinted until he was close enough to reach Trench with his ace, then attempted to swing at him with a slanted upper from the blunt weapon, aiming at the base of Trench's lower chest.

Without the armor restricting him, he was able to swing much faster than before.

@@Literally Snails,

During his time before he got his  prosthetic leg, he pent most of his time walking and strengthening the muscles in his right leg. He quickly jumped up, before the ax could hit him. Then he jumped again when he landed and swung his dagger at Havoc's forehead. Which made it  bleed and get into his eyes. When he landed again he rolled and ran behind the Minotaur again. He got a good distance between them and got back on his hind leg and started hopping again.

"True, but then again, so am I." He said, not really caring. "I do admit, though. He does seem to have a certain aura to him." The bat pony then simply watched the fight, studying both potential opponents' fighting style. "No matter who wins, at least one of us will have to fight them." He muttered under his breath.

Kiwi tried to make sense out of what Havoc had said. "Mason..." She thought out loud. "That name sounds a might familiar, but I can't say I know it." She turned to Tempest and asked, "Say, Tempest, you've been in this tourney before, do you know of a bloke named Mason?"

@@Literally Snails,

During his time before he got his  prosthetic leg, he pent most of his time walking and strengthening the muscles in his right leg. He quickly jumped up, before the ax could hit him. Then he jumped again when he landed and swung his dagger at Havoc's forehead. Which made it  bleed and get into his eyes. When he landed again he rolled and ran behind the Minotaur again. He got a good distance between them and got back on his hind leg and started hopping again.

Havoc wiped the blood from his eyes and squared off with Trench again. This was what he needed, a challenging opponent. A fight that could make him stronger.

Although Havoc carried out Mason's bidding, he did it because he had to. He did it because Mason was stronger than him. Every day Havoc pushed himself to the extremes of his bodies capability so that one day he could finally kill Mason. Trench was another stepping stone in his way.

He raised his ax like a mighty hammer and slammed it into the stadium between him and his opponent, causing the ground to vibrate and presumably put Trench off balance. He then swung at Trench with another charged uppercut.

@@Literally Snails,

Lucky for Trench he hopped up at the moment Havoc did that.  When he charged at him again Trench rolled to the side again, got up and charged at the Minotaurs leg again. He stabbed it and slammed his club into the the dagger making it cut into the leg it deeply. then he moved away again. Some might think the hit and run tactic was cowardly.  Bot for Trench, it was one of the best thing to do when fighting some one twice his size.

(edited)

@@Literally Snails,

Lucky for Trench he hopped up at the moment Havoc did that.  When he charged at him again Trench rolled to the side again, got up and charged at the Minotaurs leg again. He stabbed it and slammed his club into the the dagger making it cut into the leg it deeply. then he moved away again. Some might think the hit and run tactic was cowardly.  Bot for Trench, it was one of the best thing to do when fighting some one twice his size.

Havoc expected Trench to try this. As soon as Trench stabbed at his leg, Havoc preformed a quick backwards kick with his free leg to strike trench in the chest and send him hurtling back before he could do any damage. "Too predictable." He grunted under his breath. He ran up to Trench and attempted to follow up with another ax swing before he had time to regain his balance.

(try something clever. I'm a real sucker for fighters who are clever. :P)

Edited by Literally Snails

@@Literally Snails,

Trench coughed and did a stumbled run toward the Minotaur and clamped onto his stomach before he could hit him again. The trench climbed around him onto his back and repeatedly slammed his club into Havoc's head. Then he sheathed his dagger and dug into his bag and pulled out a smaller knife and stabbed him in the back. WHile he did this his hind legs ripped onto his back tightly to keep him from falling.

((I hope this was good and not OP.))

@@Literally Snails,

Trench coughed and did a stumbled run toward the Minotaur and clamped onto his stomach before he could hit him again. The trench climbed around him onto his back and repeatedly slammed his club into Havoc's head. Then he sheathed his dagger and dug into his bag and pulled out a smaller knife and stabbed him in the back. WHile he did this his hind legs ripped onto his back tightly to keep him from falling.

((I hope this was good and not OP.))

Havoc quickly realized that he couldn't continue like this. If Trench wins, Mason wins. If Mason wins, he no longer has a reason for being. With all of his rage and frustration, Havoc dropped his ax and reached around behind him to pin Trench to his back. Then he fell backwards to slam his opponent into the stadium beneath him.

@@Literally Snails,

Trench lets out a loud yell when Havoc slammed him into the ground with him on top of him.  He grits his teeth and pulled the knife that was still in Havoc's back down, making a long cut. He thin pushed the knife up without taking it out making the cut even deeper. Which should make it quite painful. Trench kept doing till the Minotaur rolled off him or couldn't take it anymore.

@@Gloomfury

Havoc rolled off of Trench, the knife still in his back. He stood up, clenched his teeth, and pulled the knife out, causing blood to gush out of the open wound. He was feeling increasingly weakened from the loss of blood, but all he said was, "I'll handle it."

He tossed the knife into the crowd so that Trench would have no chance of reaching it again. He picked up his ax again and started to circle Trench. "Up!" he demanded.

@@Literally Snails,

By then, Trench was covered in Havoc's blood by the time he got off him. Trench popped his back into place and got up. Than he stood back on his hind legs and draw his dagger again. He started to circle  Havoc as well. His teeth clinched as he breathed heavily like a tired wolf who refuses to back down even though he was hurt. Havoc's blood dripped off Trench's body like it was sweat.

((This is brutal.))

Tempest shook his head, a bit to interested in the fight. "No. I haven't heard of him. To be honest, I didn't make it past the prelims earlier for a stupid reason, so I didn't really stick around to watch the fights." He said. "That won't happen this time, though." The bat pony didn't really care about the past tournaments and would do whatever was needed to achieve his goals for this brief period of time.

@@Literally Snails,

By then, Trench was covered in Havoc's blood by the time he got off him. Trench popped his back into place and got up. Than he stood back on his hind legs and draw his dagger again. He started to circle  Havoc as well. His teeth clinched as he breathed heavily like a tired wolf who refuses to back down even though he was hurt. Havoc's blood dripped off Trench's body like it was sweat.

((This is brutal.))

(You don't have the knife any more. Reread the last post.)

I can't let him win! I've gone too far. Pushed my body to the absolute limits. I am destine to kill Mason!

Havoc clenched his ax with both hands and took a strong squared stance. His bluish green aura protruded out from his body and showered the stadium with it's glow. He was giving everything he had, no more holding back. He jumped forward and slammed the blunt end of his ax into the ring in front of Trench, causing a powerful shock-wave and explosive release of debris.

@@Literally Snails, ((I don't have to.  But you do. When he climb onto his back Trench sheathed his 'dagger' and pulled out a normal knife from his bag and started stabbing him with that cause it was shorter and he could stab more easily with it. Then Havoc thew it away but Trench still had his dagger. Ya see?))

Trench yelled as he was thrown into the air by the shock-wave. He tried to make sure he didn't start spinning out of control. As he started to fall he tried to aim himself right at Havoc. As he plummeted towards him he lets out a loud yell. And when he made contack he slammed his dagger deep into  Havoc's left shoulder, making him unable to use it or the arm. 

@@Gloomfury

Despite having his left arm crippled, Havoc had a distinct advantage here. He was physically stronger than any fighter in the tournament and could easily overpower Trench. He dropped his ax and quickly grasped onto the back of Trench's neck. As he squeezed, it would only take a few more seconds for Trench's neck to snap.

Havoc's mind was fueled by blind rage. Every time I become stronger, so does he! But I won't stand for it any longer! I can beat him now! I can kill him! He can't use me any longer! Once I win this fight, I'm going to kill Mason!

(you can beat him in your next post, but don't knock him out or kill him.)

Crimson spent most of his time sleeping through most of the day, dreaming of his family. However, after a while, the dreams just began to give him heartache, so he decided to try walking around, attempting to get his mind off of his family. Every now and again, he would take a swig of rum out of his flask.

Crimson spent most of his time sleeping through most of the day, dreaming of his family. However, after a while, the dreams just began to give him heartache, so he decided to try walking around, attempting to get his mind off of his family. Every now and again, he would take a swig of rum out of his flask.

When Crimson came upon an abandoned section of hallway, a voice unexpectedly called out to him. A voice that he hadn't heard in nearly a year.

"You came back?" Rune asked. It was impossible to tell where it was coming from but the voice was unmistakable, a grown stallion speaking with the inflections of a child. "That was pretty dumb, but then again, you never did come off as smart."

"That Minotaur would have been a fun fight for me. But instead I am stuck fighting a self entitled prince. Oh well, I will crush that little bird, but still, I would kvetch to fight the thing. I have fought a minutia before, I never stood a chance, but he is just as strong as this Havoc one, buy a lot smarter. I will win this so I can do what must be done though.

@@Literally Snails,  ((He only has three throwing knives, three smoke bombs, one normal knife, a dagger and his club.))

Trench couldn't breath. He tried to brake free was but Havoc's grip was too strong. Plus he it was hard for him to use club and his dagger was still in Havoc's shoulder. Before he started to black out he quickly dug unto his bag again and pulled out his last throwing knife and stabbed it in his elbow pit. Which made him lose his grip. Trench fell to the ground gasping for air. He stumbled away from Havoc as he got his air back. 

@@Literally Snails,  ((He only has three throwing knives, three smoke bombs, one normal knife, a dagger and his club.))

Trench couldn't breath. He tried to brake free was but Havoc's grip was too strong. Plus he it was hard for him to use club and his dagger was still in Havoc's shoulder. Before he started to black out he quickly dug unto his bag again and pulled out his last throwing knife and stabbed it in his elbow pit. Which made him lose his grip. Trench fell to the ground gasping for air. He stumbled away from Havoc as he got his air back. 

Havoc pulled the knife out of his arm with his barely responsive left arm and tossed it out of the stadium. Both of  his arms were injured, his chance of victory fading. He remembered what had happened the last time he was defeated in battle. He remembered what Mason had said.

"I'm sorry boy, but you no longer have the luxury of deciding when you die. That privilege belongs to me now and so, I'm afraid, do you."

His eyes glowed with hatred. He tilted his head forward and charged at Trench horns-forward. He was no longer concerned with form, only brute strength.

@@Literally Snails,

Trench was to hurt to dodge or roll out of the stampeding Minotaur's path. His only choices were to jump out of the ring go at him head on, which would be suicide. But be fore he could think of anything to do his instincts kicked in just as Havoc got close. Trench placed a firm hoof on the ground and kick to make him spin on it and built up momentum, then he kicked in his hurt leg and tripped Havoc to make him trip and fall out of the ring with his prosthetic leg. Which he did hard enough to knock it off. Leaving him with just his nub.

@@Literally Snails,

Trench was to hurt to dodge or roll out of the stampeding Minotaur's path. His only choices were to jump out of the ring go at him head on, which would be suicide. But be fore he could think of anything to do his instincts kicked in just as Havoc got close. Trench placed a firm hoof on the ground and kick to make him spin on it and built up momentum, then he kicked in his hurt leg and tripped Havoc to make him trip and fall out of the ring with his prosthetic leg. Which he did hard enough to knock it off. Leaving him with just his nub.

Havoc fell off the side of the ring and crashed into an opposite wall head first. His arms were laid out to the side and he had left a massive impact into the wall and floor.

Juri had already started her countdown when he opened his good eye and looked up at Trench. "It was bad enough when I couldn't beat Mason," He said, "But now I can't beat you as well. My weakness will never allow me the strength I need. You have shown me that I will never earn the revenge I seek. I beg you, do not let this fight end in a ten count. Kill me instead."

@@Literally Snails,

Trench looked into Havoc's good eye. He didn't want to kill him. He didn't see a point to. But he didn't understand who Havoc must feel. If he never was able to get revenge for his parents or village he would wouldn't be able to go on living. But he still didn't see a point for Havoc to die. So he held out a hoof to him. But his eyes showed no pity, but understanding. "What if I help you get your revenge, thin will you find a reason to live?"

Edited by Gloomfury