Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open The Dark Tournament III

Literally Snails

@,@@Scrambled_Egghead, @, @@dusk shade

(We're going to act as if this is after Mirror and Godric finish their fight in order to buy them more time. I was hoping to avoid doing two fights at once, but the situation demands it.)

"Tempest and Kiwi, please report to the arena floor," the wall speaker commanded.

Tempest sighed as he stood up. "I guess we're up next, my dear. I'll see you in the ring." He said. The bat pony then walked out of the stands and sighed as he walked onto the ground. "I've come do far in this tournament. I still have one trick left. Let's see how long it takes for me to reveal it."

Tempest sighed as he stood up. "I guess we're up next, my dear. I'll see you in the ring." He said. The bat pony then walked out of the stands and sighed as he walked onto the ground. "I've come do far in this tournament. I still have one trick left. Let's see how long it takes for me to reveal it."

Kiwi entered the ring opposite Tempest, walking in a very calm and sober manner. This would be remedied quickly. She had a small canteen strapped to her waste filled with the strongest drink she had, Dragon Killer. She was also carrying a bottle of whiskey which she took a few generous swigs of.

Tempest smiled as he formed his trademark dual swords in his hooves and took a fighting stance. He was ready for Kiwi to strike and would make sure that she was at a distance. "I can't risk letting Xena out yet. I want him to be a very special surprise for whoever I end up fighting in the end." He thought to himself, as his aura surrounded him.

@@Scrambled_Egghead@,

"And here we are with another match-up that's sure to be interesting!" Topaz stated. "As these two titans square off the tension in the air is so thick you could cut it with a knife!"

Juri was about to announce the start of the fight when a lone member of the crowd angrily shouted, "Give me a break! There's only one fighter here! Kiwi's a pathetic drunk!"

• Brohoof 1

@@Literally Snails

Kiwi's temper flared up when she heard the comment. Her face became even more red. She abandoned her place in the ring and ran into the seating section of the arena where she heard the voice. She jumped onto a stallion in the crowd and began violently strangling him. Unfortunately, the stallion she attacked was not the actual pony who insulted her.

"Call me a drunk will ya? Don't think I can handle my piss?" She angrily shouted.

"It wasn't me! Wasn't me!" The stallion desperately gasped.

Kiwi ignored him and shook him around for a few more seconds. "Now, have you learned your lesson?" She finally asked.

The pony shook his head.

"Right then. Let's have a show!" Kiwi happily exclaimed. She let go of the pony and jumped back into the center of the arena.

• Brohoof 1

@@Literally Snails

Kiwi's temper flared up when she heard the comment. Her face became even more red. She abandoned her place in the ring and ran into the seating section of the arena where she heard the voice. She jumped onto a stallion in the crowd and began violently strangling him. Unfortunately, the stallion she attacked was not the actual pony who insulted her.

"Call me a drunk will ya? Don't think I can handle my piss?" She angrily shouted.

"It wasn't me! Wasn't me!" The stallion desperately gasped.

Kiwi ignored him and shook him around for a few more seconds. "Now, have you learned your lesson?" She finally asked.

The pony shook his head.

"Right then. Let's have a show!" Kiwi happily exclaimed. She let go of the pony and jumped back into the center of the arena.

(Yes! You got the reference!)

@

"Okay, now that all the hijinks have died down, we do have a match to start," Juri said impatiently. "Fighters, take your stances, please!" She commanded. She then stepped back and gauged both fighters, waiting for them to be ready. "Aaaaaand... BEGIN!"

Tempest smirked as Juri gave the ok to fight. "This is going to be interesting." He thought to himself, as his aura surrounded him. Black spikes then came out of the ground and were heading straight for Kiwi. Of course, he wasn't trying to kill her. He simply wanted to either knock her out or get her out of the ring. "Don't make me do something I'll regret later. Aside from Crimson, you're my only drinking buddy."

Tempest smirked as Juri gave the ok to fight. "This is going to be interesting." He thought to himself, as his aura surrounded him. Black spikes then came out of the ground and were heading straight for Kiwi. Of course, he wasn't trying to kill her. He simply wanted to either knock her out or get her out of the ring. "Don't make me do something I'll regret later. Aside from Crimson, you're my only drinking buddy."

"Easy love, don't you be thinkin' this is gonna be easy." Kiwi warned, she made a few swaggered steps toward him and the advantage of her fighting style became quite obvious. Her movements were smooth, but also completely unpredictable. Her opponent wouldn't know where and when to attack, or where her attacks were coming from. She looked like she was off balance at times, but this was just part of the illusion.

"I'll get into my groove soon enough. I just gotta stumble into it first," she said as she moved into striking range while swaying side to side with no discernible pattern. Without warning, she quickly swayed to tempest's right side, spun around, and bucked directly at his lower jaw. She then spun back forward and chopped down at his lower back with her right front leg.

Tempest was surprised to say the least. He then flew into the air and smirked. "Not bad, but I still have a few surprises." The bat pony then fired multiple aura spheres at Kiwi. He wasn't going to give up, but was still holding back.

Xena watched and sighed. "Come on, Tempest. Don't screw this up for one mare." He muttered under his breath.

Tempest was surprised to say the least. He then flew into the air and smirked. "Not bad, but I still have a few surprises." The bat pony then fired multiple aura spheres at Kiwi. He wasn't going to give up, but was still holding back.

Xena watched and sighed. "Come on, Tempest. Don't screw this up for one mare." He muttered under his breath.

Due to her sporadic movements, both projectiles harmlessly missed Kiwi with her having to use little to no effort to dodge. This is looking a might promising. I might even get to try something bonza this time! She thought. The dragon Killer she had brought to the fight wasn't her typical brew. A strange mare had given her a vile of liquid to add to it before the fight, making it advance her powers even more. She considered drinking it, but decided to save it.

Tempest growled slightly as an idea sprung into his head. "Let's see how you deal with enclosed spaces." He thought to himself. The bat pony then landed on the ground as dozens of aura spikes grow from the floor, forming a box on the border of the ring with several smaller boxes throughout the area that would make it harder for Kiwi to move around. The bat pony then formed a pair of dual swords in his hooves and charged at the mare, slashing at her multiple times and hoping to get a hit.

• Brohoof 1

Tempest growled slightly as an idea sprung into his head. "Let's see how you deal with enclosed spaces." He thought to himself. The bat pony then landed on the ground as dozens of aura spikes grow from the floor, forming a box on the border of the ring with several smaller boxes throughout the area that would make it harder for Kiwi to move around. The bat pony then formed a pair of dual swords in his hooves and charged at the mare, slashing at her multiple times and hoping to get a hit.

"Tempests has ditched the arial attacks in favor of a more personal approach!" Topaz narrated. "He's really dishing out the punishment with those swords, but for some reason, the staggering mare is proving as an impossible target! I don't even know why I'm announcing this!"
  • Brohoof 1

(Do you mind if I ask you something? Did Majestic Nightfury think that going into close quarters with the earth pony close quarters master was a good idea or did Tempest?)

Despite her having less space to move around, Tempest still couldn't seem to hit Kiwi. Her movements defied all fighting conventions. When she should have moved left, she would do the opposite. When she seemed off balance, she was actually as sturdy as a rock. Tempest was so unused to fighting like this that it seemed like he was fighting for the first time in his life, stabbing at air instead of flesh.

Kiwi saw her opportunity when Tempest made a foreword jab. She sidestepped to Tempest's left side and hooked under his left front leg with both of her front legs. With her double underhook, she pulled his left leg across her upper chest and started baring down with angled pressure that bent his leg in an unnatural direction and forced him down.

"That's it love, now don't struggle too much. I don't want to break your leg!"

(It's a fairly common Greco Wrestling move calls 'The Russian Tie.' Look it up if you need a visual.)

Tempest smirked as he pushed against kiwi's body, flipping her onto the ground and breaking her hold. "You'll have to try better than that, dear." The bat pony then gained some distance from Kiwi, before firing multiple aura spheres at her. "Just get out of the ring or get knocked out. I don't want to kill you." He thought to himself, as he felt a pain spread through his body.

Tempest smirked as he pushed against kiwi's body, flipping her onto the ground and breaking her hold. "You'll have to try better than that, dear." The bat pony then gained some distance from Kiwi, before firing multiple aura spheres at her. "Just get out of the ring or get knocked out. I don't want to kill you." He thought to himself, as he felt a pain spread through his body.

Kiwi had to spring into action to dodge the projectiles, unlike the others which she had handled with ease. Her tail was nicked by one of the bolts, causing the hairs at the end to be seared. Better give that drink a try before it's my keister on the barbie! I hope that weird drink they gave me to add wasn't some kind of poison! Probably should have considered that come to think of it.

When the action stopped, she pulled the canteen from her hip and unceremoniously popped the talk. "In hindsight, I mighta been a might cocky not ta drink this up before the fight, but what can I say? I was savin' it ta celebrate!" She held the drink closer to her mouth and narrated, "This is the strongest, meanest alcie ever brewed, Dragon Killa! One small swig of this can give a grown Minotaur a trip to a cold meat party!" She then began chugging down the entire flask with ease! Such a feat should have been impossible for even the most experienced drinker! Alcohol clearly didn't affect her in the normal way.

A few members of the audience recognized the name of the drink.

"Wait, I thought Dragon Killer wasn't meant to be drank straight from the bottle like that."

"Not if you want to keep breathing it isn't!"

"Dragon Killer? I'm guessing that's not something you drink for the nutritional value?"

"No, not if you consider... the liver damage."

After she finished her drink, she wiped her mouth and dropped the flask. A bright orange aura extended from her body. If one looked closely, they would actually see alcohol mixed in with her energy. Her coat somehow darkened from a light, creamy color, to a dark shade of maroon. She started to say, "Now is time for my secret techni-"

She suddenly stopped talking and covered her mouth. She quickly hurtled to the edge of the ring and vomited off the side.

Edited by Scrambled_Egghead

Tempest was surprised when Kiwi puked, but he didn't move from his position. "Are you ok." He asked, slightly worried. The bat pony's sense of honor wouldn't allow him to fight a sick opponent, but Xena was a whole different story. "You should probably just step out. That drink couldn't have been good for you."

Tempest was surprised when Kiwi puked, but he didn't move from his position. "Are you ok." He asked, slightly worried. The bat pony's sense of honor wouldn't allow him to fight a sick opponent, but Xena was a whole different story. "You should probably just step out. That drink couldn't have been good for you."

Kiwi started to chuckle while she wiped her mouth and stood up straight. She quickly turned around showing the extent of her bizarre transformation. All of the fur on her body had become several shades darker. She now had a maroon coat with a dark green mane and tail. Her eyes were still glazed over and movements were still swaggered, but she seemed oddly sober, though that shouldn't be possible with the amount of alcohol she had consumed.

"Thanks for the concern, but I'm right as rain!" She assured. "Me breakfast just decided to pop in and say 'ello. Happens every time I try this technique."

Kiwi wasn't a unicorn. She was an earth pony that shouldn't be capable of any kind of magic, but the drink had somehow changed that. Her orange aura extended far from her body, a mixture of alcohol and her unfiltered energy. She held out her front right hoof and an orange ball of alcohol and energy began to form in her upturned hoof. It grew to the size of a basket ball in her hoof. "Wanna see how it compares?"

Edited by Scrambled_Egghead

Crimson watched the fight from the stands, preferring to sit in front row, close enough to the action to hear their conversation. Just when the fight was getting good, however, Kiwi suddenly drank, puked, transformed, and was enveloped in some sort of alcoholic aura, all in that order. "Well...that's new...the mares got game, but I wonder just how powerful she really is...looks like I'm gonna find out soon enough..." Thought the pirate, as he watched the battle with growing interest.

He knew he had to start warning the other contestants about Mason, but the only two ponies in the whole tournament who know him at all and thus have a chance of believing him, were both in the ring. He hoped, though, that Kiwi, being only just recently acquainted with him, would believe him. She could obviously handle herself, but could she be trusted? Would she trust him? Just like with the battle, Crimson would know soon enough.

(And now the less cool side of Grant's personality comes to light.) Grant smirked and placed one hoof on his chest. "You're mocking me because you're jealous," He said confidently. "I know it because I've seen it all to many times before! You do raise an excellent question, however. Why do I participate in such a rambunctious activity? I'm a business man of colossal power, a gentleman of refinery, beloved by millions! Why would I ever be caught dead in a place like this?"
"Me? Jealous? I would never DREAM of being jealous." she coughed in a sarcastic manner "Actual i have been jealous. Just... not of you... at least not THIS time. No really i was just making fun of the situation. I am keen on making jokes like that. When you have been in my place with a deadly bitch hiding behind your head, you just want to make fun of things so that your head gets carried away. As for you matter... well... you can always change. It's your choice. It's all up to you... if you think you are bored you can just screw this all to hell. I know you have the power to do so don't you?"

"Me? Jealous? I would never DREAM of being jealous." she coughed in a sarcastic manner "Actual i have been jealous. Just... not of you... at least not THIS time. No really i was just making fun of the situation. I am keen on making jokes like that. When you have been in my place with a deadly bitch hiding behind your head, you just want to make fun of things so that your head gets carried away. As for you matter... well... you can always change. It's your choice. It's all up to you... if you think you are bored you can just screw this all to hell. I know you have the power to do so don't you?"

"You didn't let me finish!" Grant interjected with a smug look on his face. He struck an exaggerated pose, extending one hoof to the sky and closing his eyes lightly. "Because, you see, although I don't belong here, I must stay! For it is my duty to extend my reach to my subjects! It's the price that the flawless have to pay! Look at them all worshipping these fights, worshipping this tournament, worshipping me! Most ponies, like Rail, would waste this opportunity on trivial pursuits, but I am a pony of the people! And thus I will go on as a legend eternita!"

Tempest smirked slightly and was slightly interested when Kiwi began to show a power that was nearly his own. "Well, someone's a little copycat, aren't they." He said, laughing slightly. "I guess I really should be happy. It's not every day I get to fight a pony who has obtained the ability to control their aura in such a interesting way." The bat pony then formed his own aura sphere in his hooves and felt the energy surround his body. "Now is when the real fight begins."

Tempest smirked slightly and was slightly interested when Kiwi began to show a power that was nearly his own. "Well, someone's a little copycat, aren't they." He said, laughing slightly. "I guess I really should be happy. It's not every day I get to fight a pony who has obtained the ability to control their aura in such a interesting way." The bat pony then formed his own aura sphere in his hooves and felt the energy surround his body. "Now is when the real fight begins."

"THATS MORE LIKE IT!" She exclaimed, "LETS SEE HOW IT COMPARES!"

She tossed the orb upward, turned around and bucked it with her hind legs, sending it hurtling toward Tempest. Her hope was to see what would happen when her projectile hit one of Tempest's in mid air.

(Do you have a limit for how many orbs you can fire? Because Kiwi can only use five. It'd be pretty op if you didn't.)

(I never really thought about that. I guess he can fire around ten without a break.)

Tempest smirked as the sphere approached his and jumped back, foreign his own to block Kiwi's projectile. He wasn't exactly sure what the made was planning, but he was slightly interested to see what would happen during their fight.

Edited by Majestic Nightfury

"You didn't let me finish!" Grant interjected with a smug look on his face. He struck an exaggerated pose, extending one hoof to the sky and closing his eyes lightly. "Because, you see, although I don't belong here, I must stay! For it is my duty to extend my reach to my subjects! It's the price that the flawless have to pay! Look at them all worshipping these fights, worshipping this tournament, worshipping me! Most ponies, like Rail, would waste this opportunity on trivial pursuits, but I am a pony of the people! And thus I will go on as a legend eternita!"

"My apologies i didn't mean to intervene in your thoughts." Grant did seem to enjoy the attention that was true. He seemed to think he was some sort of King. Selune chuckled on the inside, well he surely didn't lack spirit. She wandered however if this would be the reason for more plots in the tournaments to come. She had to watch him closely... and put him under control. Well not "control" but at least she had to direct him towards that. "I got no problem with that attitude. Just be careful... you know as well as i that this tournament has been the center of schemes and plots all around. I wouldn't like to see you be one of them... wouldn't be so nice now would it? For your "subjects" i mean. Would hurt the reputation pretty badly too."