Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming What happened to Garry's Mod?

honk friend

I played a lot of gmod back in the days of gmod 11 and gmod 12, I was a bit excited for the gmod 13 update back when that was a thing (2012, right?) but after the update I kinda just stopped playing. Things got a bit confusing and the quality of the servers kinda declined, but I figured I'd give it another shot some time in the future.

So the other day was that some time in the future, and I have to say it hasn't gotten much better at all. Server quality's even worse, graphics defaulted to the absolute minimum, poor performance (fps dipped down to 8 and wouldn't go higher than 30, game crashed when I tried opening the q menu), Pinion ads, and the community hasn't improved at all either.

So what happened to this game since gmod 13 came out? Everything just feels sorta broken imo.

Gmod 13 was a graphical overhaul whenever the source engine updated for development of Counter Strike: GO. Basically, it's Gmod 2, but the creator didn't want to develop and publish a new game. I do not know why you're having issues though. Are you running a lot of mods that may be out of date?

Yeah, I usually have to load gmod through some game server thing, it tracks servers you type into it, and can just put you into them.

Then a lot of the times when I go onto the server menu, it'll freeze for about a minute or two. And most of the time, I'll have to refresh it lots just to get it to do all the servers.

• 3 weeks later...