ooc To justify the means (sign ups/ OOC discussion)

Vae Victis

Oh believe me, you're relevant. Samurai's attack, being divine in nature, has reversed a bit of the tampering of his mind. He is partially open to reason, if you care to try.

Oh and, that army of pegasi up in the clouds? Yeah I haven't forgotten about them, nor the exodus to the everfree. It's just troublesome to get it all in one post when you're pressed for time between events XD

I know that feel. Takes me so long to write up a post depending on who I'm posting as. XD

Find the Heart of the Jungle!

Still searching for players! Join today!

@@Strider

That fight was really supposed to just be between Mason and Kazas.

img-2801-1-rsz_sjsitebanner.png

Previously known as: Supahsnail, Snails, SnailZOID, Snails (The Beautiful), The Beautiful Snailzuki, Pretty Koenma, SecretAgentSnails, Topaz, SnailZOID Reynolds, SnailZOID Cage, and Snails The Klayman

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7ks7cTevfRojdvkwD5yROg

@@Strider,

Sorry. I read that as mason being dead, or at least unable to fight momentarily. Also I've been gone half a week. Should I erase half that post, and have my OC act not in character so that it suits your whole one on one plan? Pretend she's not even there?

Alright. Sounds like a good course of action preplotted out for me. I barely feel like I'm making a noticeable effect in this RP anyway. Silly me, thinking I can into relevance.

@@Literally Snails

Sorry to inconvenience you.  :okiedokielokie:

Edited by Strider

Sorry. I read that as mason being dead, or at least unable to fight momentarily. Also I've been gone half a week. Should I erase half that post, and have my OC act not in character so that it suits your whole one on one plan? Pretend she's not even there?

Alright. Sounds like a good course of action preplotted out for me. I barely feel like I'm making a noticeable effect in this RP anyway. Silly me, thinking I can into relevance.

@@Literally Snails

Sorry to inconvenience you.  :okiedokielokie:

I feel like... I feel like there might have been some sarcasm in there. I feel like you might be mad at me.

Previously known as: Supahsnail, Snails, SnailZOID, Snails (The Beautiful), The Beautiful Snailzuki, Pretty Koenma, SecretAgentSnails, Topaz, SnailZOID Reynolds, SnailZOID Cage, and Snails The Klayman

I feel like... I feel like there might have been some sarcasm in there. I feel like you might be mad at me.

Maybe just a little bit of sarcasm.

Sorry. I'm pretty grumpy today. I've got a lot of work and stress on my shoulders at the moment, and I guess it just kinda sucks to be told, "Hey, literally half of your post doesn't suit the designs I've got for this RP that you couldn't possibly have been aware of, plz get rid of it for me <3" when half that post is like 500 words long that I spent a quarter hour typing when I could have been getting some of my work done. 

Holy crap I'm being ranty. I need to start getting more sleep.

How I picture you're seeing me right now...

03353.gif 

Edited by Strider

Maybe just a little bit of sarcasm.

Sorry. I'm pretty grumpy today. I've got a lot of work and stress on my shoulders at the moment, and I guess it just kinda sucks to be told, "Hey, literally half of your post doesn't suit the designs I've got for this RP that you couldn't possibly have been aware of, plz get rid of it for me <3" when half that post is like 500 words long that I spent a quarter hour typing when I could have been getting some of my work done. 

Holy crap I'm being ranty. I need to start getting more sleep.

I don't have a design for this RP, I'm not even one of the DM's so I can't tell you what to do if I wanted to.

I don't have a design for this RP, I'm not even one of the DM's so I can't tell you what to do if I wanted to.

Sorry dude. I'm just being super-bleh right now. I'll rewrite the post in a way that works better than what I had. Although I want to keep that whole parasite thing in mind for future. Gotta keep you guys in mind too.

After that I'd probably better get more of my work done. And maybe a nap. I hate this time of year, where finals are close enough for you to be able to taste.

Sorry dude. I'm just being super-bleh right now. I'll rewrite the post in a way that works better than what I had. Although I want to keep that whole parasite thing in mind for future. Gotta keep you guys in mind too.

After that I'd probably better get more of my work done. And maybe a nap. I hate this time of year, where finals are close enough for you to be able to taste.

You don't have to rewrite it if you haven't yet. Really, you don't.

@@Strider

Okay, now I feel really bad. Can you please change it back if that's possible?

You don't have to rewrite it if you haven't yet. Really, you don't.

I Ctrl+x'd that whole portion out. I could just put it back in, easily. Really, what it is is a counter-attack to Mason being smashed and half-buried. I might rephrase part of it to make that fact more obvious. Remember, he looks dead.

I'd be more than happy to do something else instead, though. Maybe have her rush over to you and defend/try to revive Mason.

Okay, now I feel really bad. Can you please change it back if that's possible?

It's back.

And now I feel bad. Sorry dude. I've had a lot of pent up stress lately, didn't mean to take it out on you. Seriously, if you'd like me to edit the post it's fine.

Look at it like this. Assuming Kazas doesn't use god-tier abilities to completely nullify what I'm doing right now, Mason will still be on equal footing with Kazas when he re-emerges. They'll both be wounded, at least. 

Edited by Strider

I Ctrl+x'd that whole portion out. I could just put it back in, easily. Really, what it is is a counter-attack to Mason being smashed and half-buried. I might rephrase part of it to make that fact more obvious. Remember, he looks dead.

I'd be more than happy to do something else instead, though. Maybe have her rush over to you and defend/try to revive Mason.

I wouldn't advise going anywhere near Mason. You know, collateral damage and the sort.

• Brohoof 1

I wouldn't advise going anywhere near Mason. You know, collateral damage and the sort.

Seems fair. I'll take you up on that.

Seems fair. I'll take you up on that.

Oh, believe me, kazas isn't going anywhere with that mess. But you may have just earned the ire of a much more powerful foe not too far away.... ( EPIC FORESHADOWING. )

And since mason is based off of elder toguro, I actually didn't expect that attack to do squat, considering his abilities and classing. I want to try and post after magos does. Important plot to tie up and all of that.

Also, your rose did have a mental effect on kazas, reminding him of something very important. This might be helpful later on.

Also, the fact that you have cascade and encore on vanguard duty has had a great effect. Even though you weren't here to post during the initial swoop down, I still kept in mind the value of your characters placement, along with everyone else's, as a major deciding factor in the events. Alrahm and snowstorm routed only 100 in that initial attack against 250. However, cascade and encore give an additional value, allowing the group to safely escape. Had they not had been there, civillians might have gotten slaughtered. Of course, some will still get through, but in all honesty, it will be a measley number that is easily dealt with.

Combined with evergreen's and samurai equine's kindness factor on kazas, it has had a great effect. The old kazas is still in there, but whatever he's fighting in his mind is excessively strong. Prehaps showing the forgiveness that kazas once had the ability to show would help to eventually break the spell.....?

( I actually have plans for kazas, and everyone's posts determined what happens in many events.)

Also, everything alright? We all still friends here? XD

Edited by Hokuto's Heir
  • Brohoof 2

In this world, is the destiny of mankind controlled by some transcendental entity or law? Is it like the hand of God, hovering above? At least it is true, that man has no control... Even over his own will.

2l7vqa.jpg

( I actually have plans for kazas, and everyone's posts determined what happens in many events.) Also, everything alright? We all still friends here? XD

Yeah, we're all good. Like I said, grumpy and stressed, didn't mean to lash out like I did. If snails is fine, I'm fine. 

Kazas will get to keep the rose, whether Eve ends up retracting it or not. I feel it's worth noting that Eve doesn't particularly revel in having to do this, but as far as she could tell her kindness ended up going overlooked. She's unsure of the condition Samurai's currently in and is pretty worried about him, for reasons I'm not gonna go too deeply into, and as far as she knows Mason is dead. I'd say she's aware that Kazas isn't quite himself right now, and is doing this for him rather than for revenge. Well, maybe there's a little revenge, but she knows that if she manages to reign him in, even if its by trapping him in pain, it stops him from hurting all the others, and gives her a chance to reason with him hopefully without being struck down like Samurai was. Like I said, the rose was definitely not originally intended to be a trap but actually as a gift, but circumstances dictate... 

She really regrets this.

Anyway, it was really fun to write. The ick factor's gotta be up there, you can see the tendrils of stem wriggling under his skin and feathers, the occasional thorn puncturing the skin in reverse. Gross.

Dun worry, she'll be able to rectify all of that damage with some herbal treatments, and even minimize the internal bleeding, if she manages to talk Kazas back around.

____________________________________________________________________________________

For future reference, Kazas' Crystaline Rose is now going to be referred to as the Blood Rose, while Eve's is still the Star Rose. Eve's is like a mauve, basically a regular rose just made out of crystal, while Kazas' crystal has been diluted by the color of his blood. Blood red petals and a brownish-red stem. They're both unique names for these flowers, as individual members of the species. The species is just a Crystalline Rose.

I've referred to Eve's as a Sapphire Rose in recent updates. That was wrong. She wears the Star Rose, not a Sapphire Rose. Got the name mixed up. After all, I got the idea for the species from the whole Star Sapphire thing from Eragon. You know, Isidar Mithrim? The big sculpture in Farthen Dur? In the roof of Trondheim? And there are weirder plants in MLP, so yeah, it works. Gave the species of rose some unique magical properties as well, including the whole "mirrors emotion of wearer" thing because why not?

Edited by Strider
  • Brohoof 1

Yeah, we're all good. Like I said, grumpy and stressed, didn't mean to lash out like I did. If snails is fine, I'm fine. 

Kazas will get to keep the rose, whether Eve ends up retracting it or not. I feel it's worth noting that Eve doesn't particularly revel in having to do this, but as far as she could tell her kindness ended up going overlooked. She's unsure of the condition Samurai's currently in and is pretty worried about him, for reasons I'm not gonna go too deeply into, and as far as she knows Mason is dead. I'd say she's aware that Kazas isn't quite himself right now, and is doing this for him rather than for revenge. Well, maybe there's a little revenge, but she knows that if she manages to reign him in, even if its by trapping him in pain, it stops him from hurting all the others, and gives her a chance to reason with him hopefully without being struck down like Samurai was. Like I said, the rose was definitely not originally intended to be a trap but actually as a gift, but circumstances dictate... 

She really regrets this.

Anyway, it was really fun to write. The ick factor's gotta be up there, you can see the tendrils of stem wriggling under his skin and feathers, the occasional thorn puncturing the skin in reverse. Gross.

Dun worry, she'll be able to rectify all of that damage with some herbal treatments, and even minimize the internal bleeding, if she manages to talk Kazas back around.

____________________________________________________________________________________

For future reference, Kazas' Crystaline Rose is now going to be referred to as the Blood Rose, while Eve's is still the Star Rose. Eve's is like a mauve, basically a regular rose just made out of crystal, while Kazas' crystal has been diluted by the color of his blood. Blood red petals and a brownish-red stem. They're both unique names for these flowers, as individual members of the species. The species is just a Crystalline Rose.

I've referred to Eve's as a Sapphire Rose in recent updates. That was wrong. She wears the Star Rose, not a Sapphire Rose. Got the name mixed up. After all, I got the idea for the species from the whole Star Sapphire thing from Eragon. You know, Isidar Mithrim? The big sculpture in Farthen Dur? In the roof of Trondheim? And there are weirder plants in MLP, so yeah, it works. Gave the species of rose some unique magical properties as well, including the whole "mirrors emotion of wearer" thing because why not?

One thing. What's the motive for revenge? Other than burning down ponyville. Is that the reason?

(Sorry, I'm a bit confused.)

In this world, is the destiny of mankind controlled by some transcendental entity or law? Is it like the hand of God, hovering above? At least it is true, that man has no control... Even over his own will.

2l7vqa.jpg

One thing. What's the motive for revenge? Other than burning down ponyville. Is that the reason?

(Sorry, I'm a bit confused.)

Well, burning Ponyville. There's also the fact that Kazas has been beating up Samurai and Mason, and that his current bosses took her sisters life in the chaos around the stadium as she and Encore fled to the train. I established that Wintergreen came to watch when they got onto the train after I reemerged from my not being here, and that Winnie died in the aftermath of the chaos. That or she was mindwiped or something. 

@,

What side is Agririon on? Technically speaking, I don't think there's anything specifically demonic about the Blood Rose, but I could totally play it up that way. 

((Let's see if I can do this without destroying your Sapphire Rose...))

The one currently attacking Kazas is a clone, so if you destroy it it's whatever. Eve has another one. There'll still be chunks of it buried inside him, laying dormant, though, if you manage to shatter it.

• Brohoof 1

@@Strider,

Well, firstly, he thinks that the Blood Rose (if that's what it's called) is demonic, even if it isn't. I decided to go with this opinion for him when you detailed how repellent it smelled. Second, Kazas, even if he is brainwashed, is one of the five ponies that he actually could perhaps be called friends with (not counting the other wraiths that you might meet later)- and two of them are currently having a nice long chat with Death in their afterlife. He wants to keep the ones he has, because magic can be broken. He wants Zephrael dead, and is in fact sworn to kill him (or the one responsible, which could very well mean Avaerus, which will be interesting), but he is willing to see past that for the moment because he knows in his mind that saving his friend is more important than seeking vengeance on an enemy that will more likely run, and instead tries to see into Zephrael's true personality by requesting assistance to free Kazas, even if it might mean that he gets turned back to the other side.

By all means be suspicious of him. It will make the roleplay that much more flavored. ;)

Edited by Magos Amphrose
  • Brohoof 1

By all means be suspicious of him. It will make the roleplay that much more flavored.

Yeahh, even though their goals are one and the same right now xD Eve doesn't really know Agririon, and she knows of Kazas pretty well from what the others had been talking about. But what fun is it if they both know that? :D

I think I might wait until we get a Kazas or a Zephrael post before having Eve do anything. 

• Brohoof 1

After all, I got the idea for the species from the whole Star Sapphire thing from Eragon. You know, Isidar Mithrim? The big sculpture in Farthen Dur? In the roof of Trondheim?

First, it's Tronjheim, because dwarves. Also, yes! My favorite book series! How far have you gotten?

• Brohoof 1

I had something sneaky and clever planned, but now with this rose thing taking effect, I really don't know what to do with my characters.

• Brohoof 1

First, it's Tronjheim, because dwarves. Also, yes! My favorite book series! How far have you gotten?

My bad, I got it mixed up with the city in Norway. I've been playing a lot of Europa Universalis IV lately.

Bahaha, I finished the series like four years ago :P 

Like, I finished reading Inheritance the day it came out. The series was pretty great. There was a lot where it left some to be desired, like the ending, but I love how imaginative it was with the places Eragon and Saphira visited, and how it brought realist non-fantasy elements into a fantasy setting. You know, like politics and the gritty reality of war.

I don't really remember why Eragon was so blatantly anti-magician at the end of the series :/

• Brohoof 1

I had something sneaky and clever planned, but now with this rose thing taking effect, I really don't know what to do with my characters.

There is a group of 30 heading towards havoc and roto on the ground. They are yours for the taking. Zephrael has appeared to collect kazas. You can try to fight him ( not recommended, but a possibility.) or, you can try to play mind games with zephrael. There are also approximately 160 mind bent left in burning ponyville, so there's that too.

( don't worry. I still have that special event planned for later ^__^)

• Brohoof 1

2l7vqa.jpg

@@Literally Snails@@Strider,

Before I kill dismember smite send to Tartarus deal with Mason's particularly... shortsightedness, I am going to wait for a post from Strider, as I would like to see Evergreen's reaction to Agririon's sudden appearance and reaction. That, and it's clear he's going to try and chop it down.

Thatanditbuysmoretimeformetothinkaboutsomethingtopostthatsappropriate.

@@Literally Snails@@Strider,

Before I kill dismember smite send to Tartarus deal with Mason's particularly... shortsightedness, I am going to wait for a post from Strider, as I would like to see Evergreen's reaction to Agririon's sudden appearance and reaction. That, and it's clear he's going to try and chop it down.

Thatanditbuysmoretimeformetothinkaboutsomethingtopostthatsappropriate.

I apologize for my lack of a post thus far. I've really been on the go lately. I'll go get on top of that

• Brohoof 1