Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open Casual stroll

Blitz Boom

@@Blitz Boom,

"Alright, I'm always glad to help! Whether or not you feel I've done a lot though, you can always feel free to ask me if you need somthing." Storm exclaimed. "I'm always happy to help my friends!" He said happily, doing a little back-flip. "By the way, if you do decide on settling in here, even if it's only a lengthy but temporary period of time... Pinkie's almost definitely going to throw you a party, just thought I'd warn you ahead of time."

@,

"Perhaps I should find her as one of the first then instead. I would hate for such an event to happen out of the blue and perhaps scare Brittle. Some degree of structure will likely be for the better."

He still had to get used to this, certainly, but he was not going to just leave Brittle to herself. Whatever the events that could now unfold would leave to he was not going to just let her be alone again. He had done that mistake once before, and he would not stand for it happening again. He owed her more than that after the last time.

"Ah yes, but that is to be seen. For now though, I have asked a great deal of you, but answered little back. Perhaps you have questions you seek answered? If It is within my knowledge, I will not withhold anything from you."

Next to him, he felt Brittle had gone a little further up so she was closer to the both of them when they started to walk again. It was not much, but from what he had experienced so far, it was likely a great deal for her. That was all that mattered in his mind right now.

@@Blitz Boom

"Well, I'm kind of curious as to how your magic works... The only thin I can think of is that it somehow uses the flower on your head as a sort of foci, similar to a unicorn horn.... Though a foci like that is likely to make the magic receive a much closer connection to nature than what would normally happen due to any magic being pushed through, getting converted or filtered by the natural connections of the flower... It probably goes beyond even the natural connections that the Internal magic of the Earth ponies give them, due to the fact that you seem to be partially plant-like, and the flower seems to actually be growing from you..." Storm theorized.

"You know, off topic, I'm sure Earth ponies could benefit greatly if they could channel their earth-bound magic externally instead of just the natural internal circulation that they have... I've learned to externalize some of my natural pegasi magic, but it was hard work!" He exclaimed.

"Anyways, I just wanted to know if there is anything else you could tell me about your magic?" Storm asked.

(OOC: Just wanted to say real quick that any and all magic related theories given by my OC in this topic, Storm's OC page, or otherwise from me... Were all theorized by me based on what I know and the information given by others (For example you Blitz, the info I have gathered from you about the workings of your OC's magic allowed me to formulate this theory, not googled or anything... So if I'm way wrong please keep that in mind :P)

Edited by Storm Shine

@Blitz Boom

@Harmony Cube

Dexxy landed among the cottages and waited for the rest of the group to catch up. Nobody matching Disruptis' description was visible. The cottages were near the road, but not entirely in Ponyville proper. Shouting seemed like it might leave a bad first impression. He'd look around a little and maybe wait until someone in the neighborhood came out or passed by. Listening, he heard a strange sound.

"What is that?"

@,

"I must applaud you. You have not even seen me use magic and yet you have it more or less boiled down already. Quite impressive.

My flower is indeed a foci for magic, it grows from a seed in my skull and can be used much like a Unicorn horn like you said. However, as this is a more natural magic filtered through it is not as strong as a Unicorns raw magic output, and if a fight between the two energies would occur I would easily be beaten.

Natural magic haves it's upsides though. I can interact with natural things and beings in ways that Unicorns mostly can't, such as using minor healing, interact with the minds of animals or search for example fruits for rot and other illnesses. If I had been a mutation from a Lotus kind I would have had a broader range, and my healing would have been greater, but alas, I am a mutation of a Vinemaster, meaning I have more focus on the physical than the mental."

To prove this he slowly slid out one of the vines from his side, though of course the side that Brittle did not currently occupy, and held it high with the bud turned towards Storm Shine. The thick vine covered in sturdy spikes gave off a great effect, but for a little showmanship, he made the four-part petals on the bud open and close a little, showing a small part of the mostly hollow interior. If Storm would focus on the vine he would be able to see the it was compromised by several smaller vines pressed together like a rope.

"I don't mind really, as these are quite useful, but they are off-putting for most, so I tend to keep them underneath my cape.

Ah yes, and there is this as well."

He slowly brought the side of the vine to his face, making one of the thorns gently scratch him just beneath his chin, leaving a single drop of deep purple *blood* hanging on it.

Carefully he brought it to the side, making sure not to spill it prematurely, and with his magic searched out a suitable plant, which made the petals slightly glow and move as if wind blew through them. His choice fell on a nearby seed from a berry bush that had hardly bloomed up from the ground yet, and he held his vine above it.

"Observe."

With that he shook the drop off and it landed on the small sprout.

What happened next could best be described as a rapid growth. It increased in size, grew branched and leaves with beginning fruit dangling. A process that would normally take a few years were over in seconds, resulting in a fully fledged, young berry bush standing there, though he were not sure whatever the fruit were suitable for eating just yet. Not because the process were toxic, far from it, but more because he was never good at guessing the time these things took to grow, much less grow fruits, and sometimes the fertilizing blood overdid it a notch, resulting in too old results or too young from a later season.

"I do not believe I will have to say this, but this effect were quite sought after back in the days, yet we need this to survive just as anypony needs blood. It resulted in some... Unfortunate results that would best be described as *Involuntary harvesting*. It is also why our tribes tend to be hidden away a good deal from most towns."

The vine returned to his side, settling in as the smaller vines untangled and spread out inside him like usual.

"I did meet one tribe that lived close to a town and sold vials of our essence in exchange for other goods though. They seemed to have found a perfect harmony between what others wanted and what they could safely give. It was an interesting week spent there."

((OOC: Your ideas were really spot on Storm, so no problem from here. ^_^))

@@Blitz Boom,

"Amazing!" Storm gasped. "I may have another theory for you... This theory is a rather quick assumption though, so it's likely wrong..." He told Briar. "However based on what you've shown me, The main reason you seem to have less raw magical power, may be because of the vines and your blood, but mostly the vines... The vines and flower are connected to you, and therefore likely use large amounts of your magic to supplement their growth... Plus, to control them as you do, I would  hazard a guess that their is a near constant flow of magic through the vines though the flow may lessen when not actively manipulated... Which may also explain the... involuntary harvesting, as you put it.. The amount of nature based magic has actually run through your body so thoroughly that it's saturated your very blood with natural energy." Storm explained.

"When your blood hits a normal plant, the plant would then absorb the blood, and by proxy the large amounts of natural energy found in your blood, and use it as a nutrient.. Just like it would a decompsing body or some rain-water... But the amount of magic that saturates your blood would cause the process to jump start, accelerating the growth of the plant tremendously..." Storm theorized. "However there are definite drawbacks, the rapid rate of growth could potentially cause the plant's cells to become unstable and prone to mutation, though as you can see here...." Storm motioned to the plant. "Such a thing did not happen, thankfully... But it's certainly an interesting process..."

Edited by Storm Shine

@,

"Your guess regarding this is as good as any. I were not educated back in the tribe so I have no idea. It sounds rather plausible though, and would explain a few things I had been wondering about.

Regarding the mutations... I think that it would require there to be some other seeds nearby that would then grow alongside or even get absorbed into the other plant. Stand-alone things tend to go well, but I have tried a few times when it have been... Less successful, which is why I prefer to spread drop by drop. Less chance of accidents."

Briar was genuinely impressed. Storm appeared to be a highly logical being on top of all the other qualities he had, something he had not thought when he first met him in Ponyville.

Not that he thought he were stupid, never. Rather Briar thought that, like most other ponies bursting with energy he met, Storm's brain would end jumping itself in a rush. It would appear that the first impression were wrong on a rather high scale after all, which actually pleased him. He liked to be wrong in cases such as this.

@@Blitz Boom,

"Well,  glad to hear the lack of mental exercises lately haven't dulled my knowledge..." Storm said. "I rarely get to think about things like this... Most ponies go to see Twilight for logic and science problems, and I guess I just seem  too hyper to actually be able to learn stuff like that, or something along those lines... Oh well.." He mused aloud.

Edited by Storm Shine

@,

"I will not lie, when I first encountered you in town you did seem rather... Hyperactive, and it did cloud my judgement about you a bit. I am not above admitting when I am wrong though, and I do apologise for the view I had on you, no pun intended."

Briar smirked slightly on top of the calm smile he already had. Bad puns were not something he strived for, but occasionally they came in from the side and put themselves into his words without him noticing before it was too late.

@@Blitz Boom

"It's alright, I'm glad to have shown that I'm knot like what I first seemed." Storm told Briar with a chuckle. "So next time try not to judge a book by it's cover, or it could leaf you surprised." He said giggling. "Alright, I'm sorry but I do have a habit of pointing out puns where I can..." Storm started. "Branch out the conversation... Alright I think I've gone just about fresh out of these pine puns of  mine..." He finished, laughing. "But seriously I'm done with the puns now, sorry about that.." Storm smiled apologetically.

@,

Briar chuckled slightly.

"And here I thought I had some bad ones. I admit defeat."

He gave a slight bow, just playing along for the amusement of it.

"Perhaps we should find another topic before we derail as severely as just now."

Pun wars were horrible, and he knew that he could not compete on a grand scale, so he would rather that it didn't end like that. Which was also one of the reasons he had admitted defeat. Easier to never fight a battle you cannot win than to fight at lenght only to face certain defeat.

• Brohoof 1

@@Blitz Boom,

"Alright Briar, anything in particular you might want to talk about?" Storm asked. "Hmm... I suppose I should think about.. Actually, I don't know... I'm at a loss of what to talk about next... Wow, that's a first..." He thought, feeling oddly stumped. "I've never run out of things to say, or do, or think before... Weird.... "

Edited by Storm Shine
  • Brohoof 1

@,

"Hmmm... Perhaps, depending on whatever or not you can answer."

A sly smile went over his face.

"I ran into her hut by accident, not because I heard her reputation. However... I can't help but wonder if you know something about her? Zecora that is. I am rather curious."

Especially now that it had turned out she had truly guided him towards the next clues, and a place he needed to be. Because of Discord as well as Brittle. Yet he knew so little of her. He only knew what she had said, the smells in her hut... The rather enchanting voice...

@@Blitz Boom,

"Zecora? Oh she's a nice Zebra, It's hard to believe the town made such a huge fuss whenever she wanted to go to the markets..." Storm said. "I've been over to her hut a few times... Zecora makes some absolutely amazing tea, not to mention she's got great herbal brews for sickness too!" He mentioned.

"She rhymes constantly, but it's a quirk like anypony else's.. My hyperness, Twilights book obsession, etc..... In fact it's a nice change of pace, solving through the occasional cryptic talk, helps my brain to get it's exercise much like a nice walk... That's kind of how she would speak... It's catchy, really.."

@,

"I must admit, it confused me slightly when I first heard her speak in such ways. Not the rhymes, but rather the way her words where chosen to make it fit. It was impressive, but left a rather vague picture as to what her true point were at times.

Not that I mind. As you said, it's a nice change of pace, and I must admit, her voi- Tea, were indeed very good."

He managed to grab himself in it before he misspoke. His inner thoughts should really stay in there and not mix in with his outward words. Things would just begin to get odd and occasionally awkward.

"I really must remember to go past and thank her one of these days. You would like her Brittle, quite the personality, and not somepony that seemed threatening."

Brittle opened her mouth, but words didn't want to come out, so she closed it again and just kept walking, looking towards the river.

"Mind if I ask though, why would they make a fuss over her visiting town? I would presume that her guidance would be welcomed, and if not, then she were only there for supplies as you mentioned. That hardly seems like something that would warrant any tension."

@@Blitz Boom

"Everypony seriously blew that one out of proportion. It was a whole crate of rumors flying around, because the townsponies got scared. That was their lesson in judging a book by it's cover.." Storm informed him.

"They were scared because Zecora looked different, and they thought she was going to curse them or something.. I'm not totally sure about the final product of that rumor, I stopped listening to them and went to go meet Zecora myself... I'm just glad that the whole problem got resolved.." He said.

@,

"As much as I'd like to think all are equal such unfortunate things does still happen. It's mind-blowing that it can occur, but it's a thing of the past now at least, which is something I am quite pleased about on her behalf.

I can't tell why she would be seen as different though. You mentioned she is a Zebra, but I couldn't find her being any different from a pony. Same form from the feeling and sound of it as any other mare or stallion I have encountered, and no sharp teeth, wings, extra limbs in general or anything else out of the ordinary. Well, except the rhyming, but that hardly counts."

He might not be able to see, but that didn't mean he couldn't make out Some details about ponies. The way she walked for example and the weight put into those steps told him that she had 4 hooves like any pony, or his kind for that matter, as their weight proportions were nearly identical. The wind that blew had told him somewhat about the shape, and while her hairstyle did seem rather special, he had encountered far weirder, and much more impractical.

As far as he could tell, if there were any differences between Zebras and Ponies, it would be something minute like colours or fur patterns or other such nonsense. Non-essential things really.

"I would think that Dragons, Changelings and, well, Me, were weirder than that, and I did not encounter overly much bad attention. It seems... Silly, to be honest.

Regarding the curses... I would not be surprised if she could, but I strongly doubt that she would step so low as to be doing such a thing"

@@DexterousWings,

@@Harmony Cube,

"Ain't sure lad, but hey, let's have a looksie eh? And Blitz, how 'bout you stay a bit behind here? You might have a good head dangling of your shoulders, but that ain't helping much if something with some brawl comes after you. Can't have you getting hurt here, eh? Same goes fer you mate, you're looking a bit on the tired side there."

He addressed Book right after Blitz, that pouted a bit but stayed put. If she had brought some of her bombs she'd show them. But she hadn't, and he was right, she wasn't much worth in a fight.

((OOC Sorry, hadn't seen your post Dexterous))

@@Blitz Boom

"Well, there aren't very many differences honestly. Mainly the culture, but the most visible difference is their manes and coats. They generally have a striped pattern and are great at many things, though I don't think that they have cutie marks.. Zecora is a great potion brewer. Well I call her that in regards to the many herbal remedies  she make that can cure almost anything..." Storm explained.

Edited by Storm Shine

@Blitz Boom

@Harmony Cube

Dexterous crouched a little and moved toward the sound carefully, looking a bit strange with his stick legs. A purple glow pulsed in the same direction. Dexxy didn't know much about magic, but this looked an awful lot like a spell.

@,

"Minor visual differences then, but oh well. It have happened, and it have passed.

The part you say about potions I will take notice off. Perhaps there will come a day when I will need help to overcome an illness, or find somepony who does. Always good to know of a skilled practitioner if such an occasion occurs."

He went silent and began to think a little. Were there any more he really needed to ask? He had been told of Discord, of the strong amongst the quaint town and now of Zecora. There was not more he could currently think off that weighed his mind. Why, his mind had not felt this light in ages as a matter of fact. It was quite the enjoyable feeling.

"I am afraid there is not much else I can think of to talk about... After all, you have given so great information... Are there perhaps other things you would like to discuss? We can walk along in silence if you'd prefer as well. Currently waiting for night to fall so that Brittle can get towards town. At least, that is what I gathered from before."

@@Blitz Boom,

Storm shook his head. "No nothing that I can think of..." He said, turning his attention to Brittle. "Erm, What did you need from the town Brittle, if you don't mind me asking..?" Storm asked. "Maybe I can help get whatever it is that you need... Well, at least I hope I can help....?"

@,

Brittle sunk her head a little when the focus came to her.

"I-I uhm... Eat love w-when ever... Everypony s-sleeps..."

She were used to staying out of town during the day unless she was really hungry because she didn't like to be seen by other ponies, especially not some that were like the mare from earlier. At night she was alone and could eat in peace. Sometimes even look around for some things that had been tossed out she could keep.

It was not much she took, neither of love or items, so usually nopony noticed, and she left before they found her. Now though... She didn't know if she should leave. Briar stayed here after all, and Storm Shine... She liked him. He were nice to her. She was still not sure if it was just pity, but it was always better than hate, or disgust. Those hurt... They always hurt...

@@Blitz Boom,

"Oh! Why didn't you say so! You can have some of mine if you want!" Storm replied, smiling happily. "I've got plenty to go around so feel free to take as much as you need! Unless it's some specific type of love, in which case I've got no idea how to help..." Storm said, hoping that he could help in some way.

Edited by Storm Shine

(edited)

@,

"If it is not only just from Ponies you can harvest such, you are also free to use me.

He were not sure, which is why he had not volunteered before, but with Storm manning up he might as well too. If it did work, well... That was an experience as well, and considering the other kind of harvesting he could be the subject off, this was a walk in the park.

Brittle looked at them both and felt the tears flow into her eyes. Why were they so nice to her? She didn't deserve it, didn't have any right to, yet still they... They...

She dried out the tears that were about to fall and looked at them.

"I-if it's o-okay..."

She wouldn't deny that she was hungry. It had been days since she had last fed on love beyond the few passing licks of it she had the chance to get in town before Storm Shine had found her, and that was so little that it had hardly mattered. The only other thing she had eaten recently were the cookie from before, but she needed love. And since they were offering... She shouldn't pass on it. Just a little though...

Afraid to face them at the same time she closed her eyes and opened her mouth towards them, feeling out their love and then began to chip small parts off it off and send her way. First a few small licks, but then she couldn't help herself.

Small orbs around the size of a pebble would begin to float out through the pores in Storm and Briar's bodies, flowing gently towards Brittle and like a vortex, swirled and flew into her mouth.

It was not many orbs that flew, only around 5 or so from each, and when it was done she closed her mouth, savouring the sweet nectar that were love. It tasted a tiny bit earthy from Briar, but it still had the overwhelming aroma of normal, pony love. It was more alike that than animals, that was for sure.

The both of them would have felt it tingle when the love got drained, but it was nothing they would feel otherwise. Brittle needed very little and only took what she could eat and not a drop more. Why, usually a pony would not even feel the tingling, as she tended to space it out over multiple houses so that it would be akin to feeling a breath of air exit as you slept.

Briar felt a little sad that he couldn't see Brittle, as the sound of her savouring her meal with a low *mmm* came through, but it was nothing compared to the joy he felt that she were not hungering, and that she seemed to be able to use him as a sort of lunch box. It would be handy other times, he were certain of it.

Storm Shine would be able to see Brittle though, sitting calmly and with closed eyes, engorged in her own little moment without any shakes or looking like she were expecting some sort of punishment.

If it were not for the tail, that still bore a reptilian look, she would currently look as close to being fearless as she was likely to ever be.

((Yes Storm Shine, you can let your OC hug it out now if you want. Likely the best chance he's ever gonna get. :P ))

((OOC And yes, I have no real idea how Changelings feed so I made something up that sorta fitted into what I learned from Void earlier. Then again, Brittle is half-convert so I can mess up the feeding if I will. Muahaha. :P))

Edited by Blitz Boom

@@Blitz Boom

Storm walked over and gently wrapped his arms around Brittle. "That was a pretty cool lightshow..." He said gently. "If you ever need more, just let me know okay? I'm always happy to help a friend. Especially when they really need it." Storm told her, speaking softly.