Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open Casual stroll

Blitz Boom

@@Blitz Boom,@,

If one were to glance at Storm, they would see a rare thing... A blank, emotionless face, hiding the new emotion coursing through him... hiding the anger he felt "So would I....." He said tonelessly. "Like who put Brittle into a cage.... And where I can find them to.... Talk to them..." Storm said, his eyes starting to turn black behind his goggles.

Edited by Storm Shine

@,

"The ones who controlled are not around to speak any more. Haven't been for the past three years or so."

Briar had run into the circus by accident and heard of their main *attraction* when he had taken a stroll through the marketplace they had set up. It had sounded interesting to him at first, that they had a *Monster with no shape or sense*. That is, until he actually went there.

He could not see her, which is why he couldn't recognise Brittle, but he had heard enough from some of the spectators to have know that the only thing more sickening than their fascination with the show was who was actually in the ring with voices hailing down on her.

It had been shortly after the *show* that he had found the wagon the cage they carried her in were and smashed them aside like they were branches before letting her out and leaving again, certain that the filly had a place to go. A testament to his idiocy more than compassion it would now seem.

It could have ended there really, but once they woke up and came after him things got a little heated. Then they brought out some chains and things began to get a little blurry.

"I can personally assure you of that."

He had never eaten or, Celestia forbid, Killed a highly sentient being, and he never would do, but he could not avoid that he had hurt some in his days, most of them by accident, and it was a shame he bore with him to think of those who had not deserved any harm. This couple though... They didn't weigh his conscious down. Never had, and never would.

@@Blitz Boom,@,  

"Good...." Storm muttered in reply as the darkness receded from his eyes, and left them in their normal colors (Not that it could be seen behind the goggles...). Shaking his head to clear what felt like a fog in his mind, storm looked around for a second. "Well I can't say I know a bunch about Brittle, since I just met her yesterday... But she's one of the cutest, and nicest little fillies I've had the joy of meeting! I just wish she wasn't so shy and skittish.... I want to hug her so much!"  He exclaimed while pushing his goggles to his forehead, though he said the last bit pretty quietly.

Storm was visibly vibrating with all the energy he's been containing by the sheer force of his not so inconsiderable will, energy he contained so as to not scare Brittle. "If somepony here wouldn't mind... I really need to hug something...." He announced. "Could somepony volunteer?" Storm asked, feeling a little desperate to try and hug some of the energy out of himself, so he wouldn't go energy-wild and scare Brittle.

@@Blitz Boom

"It's more with the really little ones." Book said. "Stories mainly so si-fi, fiction, adventure, love..." Book said and looked at Blitz to see for a reaction. He was smiling and happy to talk about reading and writing stories. He sat down, looking at her and a bit tired of standing.

@@DexterousWings,

"Well what'd you know? Seems like we got ourselves a fresh pair of wings 'round here."

A voice could be heard from a handful of meters behind Dexterous. It was old, carried a bit of a country drawl to it and seemed to be welcoming.

If Dexterous would turn he would see a grey/faded-yellowed coated pegasus flying slowly towards him. His mane and tail were halfway white, but strands of violet still competed with it for dominance from the looks of it. The style of his mane was loose. with hair going down to his jaw in the back, but only to a little above his eyes in the front He appeared to have no beard, and while there were some wrinkles on him, he did appear to age rather well, making it hard to determine his actual age.

He wore an old watch around his neck in a golden chain, a battered, straw fedora on his head and a saddlebag on his right side that had seen better days. Down his left side, starting from just below the spine, was a series of wounds where no fur grew, in a long and somewhat wide pattern that would indicate he had been bitten by something large enough to hold his torso in it's mouth, though likely a long time ago by the looks of things.

His cutie mark was a short shovel with a question mark on the blade.

"Pleasure t' meet you. Name's Steady Pace, but the folks 'round here just calls me Chipper. Welcome to Ponyville."

@@Harmony Cube,

@,

"Oh, cool. I totally have to see if I can find one of those books one of these days and have a read then. I bet they're Really awesome."

Blitz noticed the tired way Book looked and looked back up on the other pony with the big hat.

"Hey, did you want the boom after all or?"

Blitz wasn't impatient as such, but it seemed silly to have the two of them just looking around when he said he wanted to have things done.

@Blitz Boom

Dexterous was surprised that someone had flown behind him so closely without catching his notice. Circling up, around and back, he flew by his side to make the conversation less awkward.

"Name's Dexterous Wings , but most call me Dexxy. I'm the new rescue spotter for the town. I haven't even landed yet."

Edited by DexterousWings

@@DexterousWings,

"We can certainly use all the help we can get 'round here Dexxy. Might look all peaceful now, but this here town got some weird happenings going at times, and having a fresh set of eyes up here ain't unwanted."

Chipper looked at him peacefully. The young lad had a good set of wings on him, that was for sure, so he could see why he was on the search and rescue gig. There had to be some good muscle going to keep that pair going, and the longer one could go without having to need a rest the better. Might make the difference between finding somepony and just missing them.

"If you haven't landed yet, how about we get some ground under your hooves? You might get a good view from up here, but it just ain't the same as wandering 'round town and soaking in the atmosphere."

@Blitz Boom

"Sounds like a plan."

Dexxy took the advice and turned in toward town. He spiraled in slowly and landed near the edge of town so as to have plenty of room for a leisurely landing. There were plenty of ponies wandering the streets. He flapped his wings one last time and tucked them away with a ruffle.

@@Blitz Boom

"Oh... Well, thank you then..." Book said. He smiled. "I have a book store near by in Ponyille. But you're a pretty clever kid you know." Book said and looked around from where he was sitting, noticing again that there was no plant life and that there were filled in holes.

@,

@@Harmony Cube,

"Okay then, here goes."

Blitz opened up the bag and took out a roughly circular container of metal with a fuse at the end and began to push it forward with her nuzzle until it was in a clear area, then picked up a few stones and placed them so she could begin to scratch them together to make small sparks. It was way easier when she had her magic, but right now, this was all she had to work with.

When Disruptis were near enough she hit down with the piece of loose rock in her mouth. One. Two. Three times, still no luck. On the fourth she hit a little harder, and a small amount of sparks flew up, hitting the fuse and igniting it. At the sight of it, Blitz let go off the stone, turned around on the spot and ran away as fast as she could in the direction she had been before, not even stopping as she ran past Boo, but saying in a hurry.

"OhdearCelestiarunrunrun!!"

She wouldn't stop until she had run from the point of ignition for 10 seconds, which would be around 3 seconds before it would explode. Hopefully, Disruptis knew what he was doing.

@,

@,

"I suppose I could volunteer for that."

Briar took a step forward at the request. It seemed odd to him, but who were he to judge? Perhaps it was just the way the pegasus usually got rid of excess energy, and right now, the only other options were the mare who were talking with Brittle and Brittle herself, which was something he would rather were not interrupted. Brittle had been through enough as it were, and some friendly talking would likely do her some good. A forceful hug on the other hoof... Perhaps it would go too far.

Taking another step forward he braced himself for this. He had to, otherwise the buds on his sides could open up as he got a little too surprised by the amount of strength the stallion might be able to put into, and they were not exactly dull. He would rather not end up hurting Storm Shine.

______________________________________________________________________________________

@@DexterousWings,

Chipper landed not far from Dexxy. His descend were more directly down in a slow motion, but he were in no rush either. The ground tended to stay were it were, so why get to it as fast as possible?

He tucked his wings in before raising a hoof and lifting his hat slightly in a greeting to a couple that walked past them, the two of them stopping their conversation momentarily to give him a smile and a nod before moving on. Chipper turned to Dexxy afterwards with a sly smile on his face for a little and a low chuckle.

"They've been through a lot recently, so it's good to see they're still going strong. Bet it helps that he spoils the dear girl to pieces.

Anyway, Dexxy, anything in particular you have on your mind 'fore you get to know your fellow ponies a bit better?"

A few more went by he nodded towards, but his hat stayed on for now. If he had to take that off for everypony he knew he might as well just get a spring under it and let it do the work, and that'd just end up looking silly.

@Blitz Boom

"Nothing in particular. I've got to find a place to roost, but I can camp out in the clouds for a few days if need be. Wouldn't be the first time."

Dexxy lifted his goggles and let them rest on his forehead. He stretched his long stick like legs and jogged a bit in place to loosen them up.

"I appreciate the welcome."

@Blitz Boom

When he saw the fire, Book sprinted and started flying to get away. Book was going as fast as he could, knowing to get away from the bomb. When he was panting and all his fibers in him were tired and he got to the ground and sat tiredly, looking around for the others.

@@DexterousWings,

"It's a good place to camp out, that's fer sure, but you're right that a place a bit closer to the ground are gonna be the way t' go in the end."

Chipper help up his right hoof and scratched his chin a little, thinking things over.

"Y'know, I think there's a few vacant spots to roost 'round here that nopony would mind you using, depending on how you're feeling 'bout the location, but... Can't say I'm sure which ones right now. I'll have a look later, see if there's a few good words I can press in here 'n there if we don't get lucky strolling through."

He took his leg back down and started to wander at a steady pace towards the center of town.

"You better get used to the welcomes though lad, this here's a friendly town, and the ponies living here like to greet new folks. I'd watch out for the fillies 'n colts though if I were you. Some of 'em can get really friendly, and they ain't above being in really huggy moods at new faces."

((feel free to add your own NPC interactions etc. It's all allowed. :) ))

@Blitz Boom

"That's awful kind of you sir. Friendly folk are going to be a shift from my last stop over in Manehatten. Too many ponies and not enough clear blue skies. Hope this turns out to be as nice as my hometown of Dodge."

Dexxy took a scan around the area.

"What's that smoke over there?"

Edited by DexterousWings

@@DexterousWings,

Chipper looked in the direction Dexxy indicated, seeing the thin line of smoke raising from a point inside the Everfree forest.

"Well, we Do have another newcomer in the area that's been here 'bout a month now. I haven't met her myself, but I heard she likes to mess around with explosives 'n other stuff like that. Usually it's far 'nuff out to keep the noise down, so she ain't bothering anypony, but with smoke going...."

He scratched his chin once more.

"Might be something worth checking out. Plenty a time t' look 'round later."

Chipper stretched his wings a little and prepared to take off. He wasn't as fast as he once were, but he still had some pace to him, so he shouldn't be slowing Dexxy here down.

Might be a good thing the new pony on the block noticed the thin line of smoke actually. It wasn't That clear,a nd the fact he'd eyed it out as fast as he did showed a good attention to details. He might just end up being a real pro at his game, which frankly, they could use at times.

@Blitz Boom

"That's a dangerous hobby."

Dexxy took off into the sky and flew towards the smoke. Slowly coasting over the town he located the smoke source and landed nearby. Putting his goggles back on he looked around for ponies.

"Anypony hurt?" He called out.

"Why don't you look to the east. I'll look to the west."

@@Blitz Boom,

Storm smiled at him. "Thanks Briar..." He said, gratefully. Unable to contain himself any longer, Storm grabbed Briar in a large hug, one that could be mistaken for a bearhug... If not for Storm being a pony. Storm squeezed Briar, lifting him up and shaking side to side slightly, before putting him back on the ground. "Thanks Briar I needed that..." Storm said. "Muffin?" He asked, pulling a muffin from... Somewhere...

((To make this move along, consider the bomb to have gone off, and some of the residue energy going off upwards.))

@,

@@DexterousWings,

"Sounds like a plan. I'm on it."

While they had been flying here, the smoke had gone more intense for a little, then died out more or less as they got there. It would seem that whatever had been burning had been extinguished, or if it was a bomb, had detonated. The forest wasn't on fire, so that was a good thing. Furthermore, it looked like whatever it was had happened in a stony clearing, so any surprise fires weren't likely right now.

Chipper walked to the east like Dexxy had asked of him, getting a good deal of way before he found somepony. Looked rather tired to him, but still in a searching mood.

@@Harmony Cube,

"You're all right there lad? Saw a pile of smoke rolling up from 'round here and... You ain't hurt there, right?"

Chipper wasn't sure if he knew this pony. He knew a good deal of ponies around town and most of the pegasi, but sometimes faces tended to slip his mind for a bit. If he didn't know this one though? Heh, he never hated seeing a new face.

@@DexterousWings,

Looking to the west, Dexxy would eventually notice a rustling bush a the edge of the stony field. Soon thereafter, a 10 year old filly would walk out of it, shake some leaves and twigs off her mane and then cough a faded purple leaf up..

"Urrgh, Not tasty."

She hadn't seen the pegasus yet, but it would appear as if she were more focused on the twigs she was now pulling out of the bulbous tail she adorned as it was.

@,

@,

Briar shook a little after the experience. He wasn't a heavy creature, but he were close enough to a pony weight so that just lifting him up like that hadn't been a consideration. It had been quite the forceful experience, especially when combined with the iron-grip hug and the fact he didn't have ground underneath his hooves at some point. He had to remember himself not to get on this pony's bad side.

When the offered muffin came forth, Briar had more or less recuperated from the experience and, with an apologetic look on his face, addressed Storm Shine.

"I appreciate the offer, but I had something to eat earlier and I need some time to digest that. And don't worry about the hug, I was just surprised about the strength with which you did it. Quite the force."

@@Blitz Boom,

"No problem!" Storm exclaimed happily, throwing the muffin into the air and cartoonishly snapping it up. "Sorry about the hug... I couldn't really regulate my strength, because all my focus and willpower has been put towards controlling my natural energy and enthusiasm... I really don't want to end up scaring Brittle because I was too excitable..." He told Briar apologetically. "And the only other way I could get it out currently, without bouncing around and yelling or running all over, was a hug..."

@,

"It's quite okay. Nothing have broken or fallen off, and I must agree that it would be a better way to release your energy than the alternative right now. I can't imagine it being something that would improve on the tense ground right now, with all respect to you off course Brittle."

Brittle nodded slightly. She found it okay, but she tried to not take notice of the two of them right now and just focus on the bat and the pony in front of her. It had made her twitch a little when Storm had hugged Briar, scared that it might go on from there and he would go after her next, but it seemed to all be okay... It would all be okay...

@@Blitz Boom,

Storm had noticed how Brittle seemed to twitch, and looked at her feeling a bit worried that he had scared her. "Er... Sorry if I'm making you uncomfortable Brittle, I can leave if it'll help...?" He offered gently, wanting Brittle to feel comfortable and feeling like he might not be helping that.

@Blitz Boom

"Search and Rescue, are you okay Miss?"

"That was quite the explosion."

Dexxy pulled out a flashlight from his saddle bag and shined it at the filly.

"Do you feel sick to your stomach or have a headache?"

Dexterous looked from side to side for other ponies.

Midnight felt like her presence wasn't needed in that area anymore and considered Brittle in capable hooves with Storm. "Well, it was nice meeting you ponies." she smiled. "I gotta get to my place before night fall. Maybe I'll see you ponies around sometime." she said. The truth is, she probably wouldn't be seeing them anytime soon unless they planned to travel the everfree or go to ponyville in the middle of the night. She looked down at Brittle to say a few more words. "Always remember, whatever anypony thinks of you, I think you're a wonderful little filly and I understand how you feel." she smiled before taking off into the sky.

@@Blitz Boom

"Yeah... I'm just tired is all. Friend blew up a firework and we had to run from it." Book exclaimed. He sat up. "Don't think I've met you before. I'm Book Quill." He introduced and held a hoof out for the him to shake. Book was smiling and trying to seem friendly again, a thing he did for others he hasn't met before.