Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open Casual stroll

Blitz Boom

@Blitz Boom @Sekel 

Magnolia would largely remain somewhat quiet as she was spoken to before she would think to herself. A lot was happening. They'd really benefit if they just sat down and caught up, as siblings, instead of further dealing with soul magic and splitting souls out of one's self. Magnolia didn't understand much of this but she felt as though they all definitely needed a breather. "I have an idea. Let's just all relax somewhere and cool down. Lots of high tensions, and big events. We are family. Family is enough, yes?" Magnolia asked before looking to Zeehva. "Yes, all is well, now. So it seems to be."

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

@Blitz Boom

On 2023-05-02 at 6:11 AM, Blitz Boom said:

"Awh, this were starting to be real fun."

"Yeah, but you know Miss Maple will be mad if we don't get inside.

Goodbye, everypony!"

"Come back another time, okay? I wanna hear more about you, mistah."

Horu smiled and bowed to the two foals before they made off to where they needed to go. This had been a very interesting meeting, and learning about these creatures, however meager the information given to him was still a fairly productive use of time. As much as there was to learn about these ponies, he had to respect their time, and so left them be and let Omen close the gate. After all, it seemed like there was a commotion outside. It wouldn’t be wise to get caught dabbling into unknown pastimes and conversing with equally unknown creatures.

“This was an enlightening time, and I thank you for letting it happen. We should see what’s going on outside, though.”

On 2023-05-02 at 6:11 AM, Blitz Boom said:

"You should go back. It sounds like someone is looking for you. I will close the gate when you are home."

By then, Lin was also heading out, taking the lead and seeing what could be causing the noise. Sen was apparently getting things under control, but the opposite was apparent once everyone rounded the corner.

“Huh… Looks like the exile and the outsider are keeping themselves busy in the workshop. I cannot believe just how foolish you are to fall for that.”

“What are you talking about? You were asking to see Horu.”

“I did, but no woodworker conducts their business in the back of their workshop. Besides, that ‘business’ you were talking about really does not sound ordinary because you do not take outsiders inside to talk to them.”

The other longma present with Sen was a hunter, rather thin but still capable of putting up a fight if pressed, though this one sported what appeared to be a cloak of dried leaves held together with vines. The hunters seen in past visits to the village didn’t wear anything like it, suggesting that this one was either simply wearing something unexpected or had a higher position that the other hunters the group met. However, there didn’t seem to be time to do an examination, as this hunter walked up to Omen and started circling her, keeping his eyes trained on her and getting ready to make a move should she do anything. 

“This is the outsider? I heard stories from the others about how you are some kind of creature with a reputation for stealing our kind away to be eaten. Now that I can see you with my own eyes, I am profoundly disappointed. You look like the type that has nothing of value, only taking and leeching off anything given to you out of pity.”

“So, what was your business with the woodworker, hmm?”

“Hey! That‘s enough!” 

Aside from using this opportunity to size up the Ki’Nathar, this strange hunter was rather touchy with his approach, running one talon on and around Omen’s body. It wasn’t anything that could leave lasting damage, but it was clear that this, paired with the haughty and venomous tone, was his way of trying to get under her skin and see what exactly he was dealing with. It may not seem like anything else was happening, but one could see that the siblings were getting visibly irritated by what they were seeing and hearing, with Sen rushing from behind to do something to get him to stop. However, he turned it against the longma as the hunter sidestepped and grabbed Sen by the legs, causing him to fall to the ground before he placed one foot on the younger longma’s back to pin him in place.

“Aww… you made yourself so predictable. I guess that is what happens when you do not finish your training. Looks like even your parents forgot to teach you basic decency, seeing as you do not interrupt conversations like that. Then again, you don’t have any parents now, do you?”

Horu and Lin stood in stunned silence, unwilling but unable to do something to stop the slander. Without warning, the latter made her move and tried to slash her claws at the hunter only get grabbed and subdue by another pair of hunters who happened to be nearby when all the commotion started happening. 

“Back to my question, outsider. What were you doing in the back of the workshop?”

Edited by EQ_Theta
  • Brohoof 1

@EQ_Theta

Omen had observed what happened, on the brink of opening a multitudes of gates several times over. She hadn't though, as so far, the loud one hadn't been enough of an issue, as to where it seemed he were an actual threat. She did keep track of what happened to Sen and Lin though, in case that seemed about to change, and observed as they were in essence captured. Up until then, she had still not been sure if it were right to intervene, since she had been told so much that they would not like it, if she acted like she normally did. But there were limits, to where her want to do as she were asked, would be overruled, by her doing what she were meant to do: Protect.

The loud one she did not care to even track proper when he were on her, poking at her. she did not feel discomfort or anything from the push, and if he tried to put more pressure on to get a reaction, he'd find that it would be like attempting to cut into reinforced rubber. As in, he couldn't cut into her, and she didn't offer him the time of day to look at him, until he stood with her friend. At which point, he would be looked at somewhat. not as much as Sen, but still, she would. And this time, when he addressed her, she would respond, while looking him directly in the eyes.

For a change, she did not seem curious. Her eyes did not radiate that side of her, as it did many others. It were simply indifferent. Looking at the hunter, exactly like he deserved: As if he meant nothing. Because evn to the curious Omen, he were not worth her time, to learn about. He were an enemy, and that were all she needed to know. As for him trying to get to her? This were the furthest he'd get. He couldn't make her act rashly or lash out in anger, like he had with her friends.

"I do not lie. But I do not have to answer you. If you wanted to know things, you could just have asked. Instead you were mean to my friends.

Let them go, or I will set them free myself. Try and touch them again, and I will send you, and anyone else who tries to attack them, into the forest."

Her voice were completely neutral, because this were not a threat, that she were whispering into their minds. This were a fact, and one that she would enforce. Frankly she thought that she had been nice so far, and respectful to the longma. But if this were how he wanted to do things, then she would do what she did best.

Another pair of eyes, that would look on a lot less kind though, would be Shrimp. Due to the commotion, he had woken up and saw two of his carertakers now being restrained. He did not know what had happened to Sen, but he did see what happened to Lin, and his reaction were showing.

"Sehm! Lihm!"

His eyes were wide open, as his panicked, tiny screams for his caretakers came from him. His scales began to crackle, as he rushed from his tower, and to the top of Omen's head, where he could better see Sen and Lin. Better see how those who took care of him, were in danger.

Within the next five seconds, one of three things were going to happen.

1.  They would let go of Sen and Lin, and that would be it. Omen would not do something, unless they tried to attack them or even touch them. In which case she'd set gates in the way of them. And if they fell through, they'd find themselves at the outskirts of town, being dumped like trash within a meter of two of the edge of town, after a small trip through Omen's home, ending with a gate under their feet, dumping them back into familiar territory. Not enough to give them much to see, but enough to likely not leave a good impression on them. Shrimp would also calm down a bit, with the crackling subsiding, and him rushing over to Sen or Lin when they'd get closer. Whoever came first.

2. They wouldn't release Sen and Lin, and two gates would open up beneath the longma, taking them in, and closing after. An easy thing for Sen, as he were just held on the ground. If Lin were held by others though... Well, the swirl would start beneath her, but rapidly expand, so either they let go, or they'd go in there with her. In case they did not let go that easily, Omen would shoot her tongue at her, and drag in her, to get them out of their grip. She could pull herself, so it should not prove impossible to provide proper tugging power to get Lin free. Or the ones holding her, could go into Omen's home. It was on them. Either way, she would get Lin, one way or another. Even if she had to open gates around every last one who held her. Same with Sen. And once they were in her home, she'd close that, and open one behind her. They could step through that, and come back if they wished to. And if there were some of the other longma there, they would likely be happy to get out of there, and back to their home. They should not try and start a fight at least, as Mother were still out there, and if she smelled the faintest trace of blood, or saw fighting, she would rush over, to protect her children. IN this case, Sen and Lin.

And in case Omen did use her tongue, and someone though it wise to try and cut it, they'd also get their weapons and/or limbs into open holes. Omen could open a multitude, and rapidly. If she set her mind to it, they would not pass that easily.

3. They would actually hurt Sen and Lin before Omen would put a gate. For instance cut Lin, or stomp so hard on Sen that he'd let out a pained sound. In which case, Shrimp's instinct would take over first, his maw would open, and he'd fire a beam of glittering fire, the width of a barrel, swooping over those holding his beloved caretakers, starting from left to right. All who got hit, would face intense disorientation, even if they would be safe, and feel as if their vision and instincts were being attacked my something incomprehensible, but highly disrupting. Any clothes they'd wear that got hit, or other things, would be burned though., if it were inorganic. Only materials that were not, or had never been, part of a living, breathing creature, were not affected by this strange, glittering fire.

Between him and Omen, Sen and Lin would only get a few cuts and scrapes at worse. Any weapons risen or moved, would result in gates intercepting them, and motions like grabbing hold to for instance try and break a neck, would be met by the ground giving way beneath them. Omen did not remember how she had suddenly begun to use gates on the ground like this, but the Longma had only themselves to blame for this little trick. It were stuck in her subconsciousness, and she were more than happy to use it.

There were of course also the dumb option, which were to try and attack Omen directly. Which again, would just get them sent away, and she would walk forward calmly. These things would likely not endear her to the longma present, but she did not care. These were her friends. Part of her family. And as these longma likely would too, if others had attacked their family, she would act. Besides, if they were among the attackers, what did their opinions of her matter? It were something she were sure she understood at least. That you should not care what those who did things like this, would think of you.

====================================================================

@Sekel @Props Valroa

"Well if uhm... If you s-say so."

Zeehva were not sure, but she trusted Magnolia, and as such, would believe her word on this. She also assumed this meant that things were safe, so the magic were probably okay, right? It were residue. Nothing that most would even know how to use in the first place. And it might be useful for something in this town, so...

Her horn would light up, a swirling, ocean-blue line from the base to the tip igniting, before several small, minute specs would rise up around where Twilight and Cherish had gotten separated, and condense into a small blob, around the size of a thimble, at the tip of her horn. One that looked like pale slime, with a strangely purple hue.

Zeehva would take a vial from her bag, open it up, and drip the liquid from her horn into it, before putting the cork on, and examining it. A strange substance... Maybe something she could make use of in some sort of potion? Least she hoped so.

"What did you just do?"

Madamme Macabre looked at Zeehva, her right eyebrow raised slightly, in a curious manner.

"Oh uhm. I-I can collect magical residue, and condense it into a liquid form. Usually I then mix it to make magical potions. I'm a c-certified honorary Zebrican alchemist."

"I've met a few Zebrican alchemists in my younger days. They are not impressed easily. Perhaps I can ask you more of this, some other time?"

Zeehva were visibly surprised, but this sounded like a good thing so... She supposed there were no issue with that, right? It almost sounded like she might be able to help with something, which she'd be happy to do if it were.

"Oh? O-Of course, Madamme Macabre. Just uhm... Sorry if I don't f-feel so well when that time comes. I'll try my best though."

Macabre nodded. She had been told what were with this mare, what weighed her down, and impacted her health... She faced an uphill battle, but she hopefully would get through it, as best as the situation did allow for.

===================================================================

@Rising Dusk

The pup looked very worried as her tree were tampered with, but Marshall tried his best to calm her down, with what assurances that he could give, that this were meant to help her tree, to become as clean as possible, before she would rejoin it. It wouldn't be totally cleansed, given the timeframe, but if at least there were no dark influence in her mind, and she were in full control, she would be able to accept that. Whatever physical and magical changes... She'd adapt, as nature so often did.

None of them could sadly truly witness the complexity and majesty of the spellwork itself. That were unfortunately, for Rising's eyes only. But they could all stand in awe, and wonder, as he spul the threads that he did, which were visible for them. And when all were done, and the whisp fell silent again, Marshall would approach Rising as the first.

"On behalf of the royal library of Harrowmark, I thank you for your help, Sir Dusk."

He'd cross his right arm in front of his chest, and bow elegantly before the stallion.

"You are an inspiration to many, and will be for generations to come, mark my words. That said, I would ask that you now go and enjoy the fruits of your hard labor. This is meant to be a day of celebration for you, and yet more work have just been piled upon you. As such, I ask that you forgive me when I say: Shoo, be on your way."

The head librarian had a small smile cross his face, as he said that last part, and pointed them towards a side path. All the while, the pup crept closer to him, yet kept him between her, and the ponies. She did not know what these creatures even were, and had little power to fight back right now, so she were cautious.

"Another achievement to add to his tome, I imagine. Will we see you at the part, Marshal?"

"Would I ever miss that, your highness?"

"Yes, you most certainly would, head librarian."

Marshall smiled a little wider, but did not answer, and would instead take a step back, leaving the others to wander. Lest there were something else to do, the diamond dogs would make formation around the family again, and then begin to move. Marshall were right, there were still much left to see.

"Before I forget: Mr. Star? I have arranged the tome I offered you, to be ready when you wish for it. Along with a little something more I found, which I think would fascinate you.

As for the book you offered, it have become a gathering point for my junior librarians. They were having a debate about the first poem as I left."

He assumed that as a creature of knowledge himself, Star would appreciate to know that not only did his work already get minds to spark, but there would be plenty ready for him, when the time was right. Which Marshall did not know when would be, hence why he had ensured that being ready as the first.

Whenever they would eventually be on their way, Necrotic would direct them down towards the street that they had been recommended, and this were perhaps more to the taste of Rising's family. Quite literally.

It were a full street aglow in celebration too, with food places having doors open, and merely serving creature after creature, dish after dish. Savory, veggies, hay, stews, ciders, sugary treats, head-sized cubes of wheat and hay, mixed with sauce and things unknown, though it smelled heavenly. More and more, all over the place, as the celebration were in full swing.

One place they'd get to right at the side, had a huge barrel out. On top of that, were what seemed to be an ornate top of an oak tree, with a half dozen of the branches making a bow, and turning downwards. A pony were stepping on a pedal near the bottom, when all of the hanging branches had a mug underneath, and it would fill them all with a golden-brown liquid, which smelled like pears and spices.

"Hey look! It's the captain."

"That must mean that in the middle-"

"It's him! Sir Dusk, the savior of Harrowmark!"

"A toast for our hero!"

It did not take more than a single one making the connection on who were there, before the sequence of events started, and a wave went through the long street, roaring with the cheerful joy and clinking of glasses, from a people who had nearly forgotten what happiness were, but now reveled in it. And it were all due to him.

A pegasus mare would come over. Ivory-white fur, blue eyes, and long, golden hair in her mane and tail. The tail up in a bun, so that she didn't step in it during work, and the hair being braided past her neck, with the braid hanging down her back. She were also one who did not seem to wear clothes currently, which were rather unusual around here. Just an old silver hairpin, with a cornflower motif.

"Captain Gerthrude! Is it true? Is it him? Please, he must be famished, after this long day. All of you too. Surely there is something we can offer?"

"We are working, but you can ask them."

Gerthrude would move ever so slightly aside, so that the mare could be faced with him. A big gleeful grin spreading on her face at the sight. Open-mouthed and eyes nearly glittering with excitement.

"To think I stand face to face with you. Oh what a glorious day this is! Please, if there is anything you might want - And I mean anything - say so, and it shall be yours."

"Without payment? Why, you surprise me, Miss Bloom."

The mare would hastily make a bow before the prince, as he made himself noticed.

"I would never, your highness! My mother would rise from her grave just to disown me, at the mere thought."

"Perhaps introductions are in place? My friends, I would like for you to meet Miss Cornelia Bloom. The current district controller, of Pickledee Street. Be not fooled by her welcoming and charming self. She is a shrewd businessmare, aiming for a position among the Silver Royale."

It were clear that the prince were jesting, talking of her as he did, which were still mostly complimentary. He were just also mentioning subtly, that this were a mare of ambition, that were getting higher as they spoke. Someone that would perhaps interest Dawn, as he thought. Though quite frankly, he had not expected they'd actually see her here. He assumed she would have been partaking int he festivities, and left the various establishments here to handle things without her. Perhaps she wanted to be sure, that those she had invested in, were doing well to turn a profit? He couldn't say, but still, it were fortunate, as this presented him with the opportunity for him to introduce Dawn to not a member of the Silver Royale, but one aspiring to be that. Perhaps one who'd be most grateful for some assistance in that manner. A lucrative endeavor for both parties, could likely be found, by one with an enterprising mind.

Of course, business were a side hustle. There were a myriad of food and beverages to pick from, as far as the eye went. Anything they'd want for, would be taken care of.

@Blitz Boom

18 hours ago, Blitz Boom said:

"I do not lie. But I do not have to answer you. If you wanted to know things, you could just have asked. Instead you were mean to my friends.

Let them go, or I will set them free myself. Try and touch them again, and I will send you, and anyone else who tries to attack them, into the forest."

“Maybe your eyes and ears are not working right. I did ask you a question, and you have not answered. Your friends made their move to attack me, and I responded accordingly. Do I not have the right to defend myself? Do you fault these good hunters for stepping in and doing their jobs? Things may work differently where you are from, but here, you play by our rules.”

“Stop lying! You were trying to get some kind of reaction, and we weren’t having any of it! You think we’d just let you do that?!”

The cloaked hunter looked to Lin, still calm and collected, maintaining his control over the situation despite having lifted the pressure off Sen’s back. A cocksure grin and a snide chuckle escaped his mouth, but his arrogant certainty never wavered. He may have confirmed that Omen had some spine, but it would be a treat to see what else she was capable of doing.

“If you know what’s good for you, yes. And as for you, outsider, I dare you to make your move. Give me a reason to throw you to the beasts.”

Though the siblings knew Omen was ready to help them out, they didn’t want to come off looking helpless. Not to their friend, and not to this jerk of a hunter. 

Sen, having noticed this hunter’s foot lifting off his back, would use this opportunity to free himself. He pushed the leg away, rolling off to the side and nearly causing his captor to fall over. He’d then run toward the hunters holding Lin in place to get them to drop their guard; as if clearly understanding his brother’s intent, Lin then opened two gates, one above and one below her, to cause a distraction. Like clockwork, the two hunters were taken aback, letting go of her and allowing the siblings to enter the gate below, which opened to Omen’s side. The two would take up defensive postures and readied themselves to defend their friend in case anyone else tried to retaliate.

“You will not lay one claw on our friend!”

“Hey! That’s enough from all of you.”

“Hmph! You got lucky, outsider. I’ve got other things to do.”

The timely arrival of Elder Ghilan got everyone gathered to disperse, though he’d give the haughty hunter a stern glare and a warning that they weren’t done. He’d be having a talk with him later, but for now, it seemed like the siblings and Omen seemed to have found themselves some trouble. He’d take the three aside and bring them into Horu’s workshop, seeing as the woodworker could provide him with more information on what just happened. Relief washed over the elder, though it was clear that he wasn’t exactly happy to see this sort of thing happen. Knowing that all of this came about not too long after he left the group alone wasn’t reassuring.

Likewise, even Sen and Lin used their moment of respite to check up on Omen to see how she was faring, dusting off their friend and seeing if Shrimp needed some reassurance. Despite no lasting damage, this wasn’t something they expected, especially because nothing like it happened the last time they were in the village.

As for the hunter, he left disappointed, unable to get what he hoped. There was still the benefit of seeing just who Omen was despite the nauseating display of camaraderie between her and the siblings, though it came off rather inspiring for Horu. Growing up believing that creatures that weren’t longma were considered dangerous, it was pleasing and impressive that such a display of bonds was possible. Perhaps Omen or the siblings could regale him of how it came to be, but it will have to wait because of the elder’s presence in his workshop.

“Is everyone all right? What happened?”

(edited)

@EQ_Theta

On 2023-05-05 at 4:50 PM, EQ_Theta said:

“Maybe your eyes and ears are not working right. I did ask you a question, and you have not answered. Your friends made their move to attack me, and I responded accordingly. Do I not have the right to defend myself? Do you fault these good hunters for stepping in and doing their jobs? Things may work differently where you are from, but here, you play by our rules.”

“Stop lying! You were trying to get some kind of reaction, and we weren’t having any of it! You think we’d just let you do that?!”

"I do not want to answer you, and you are not able to make me."

It were funny how if her tone of voice were different, or her mind were able to grasp more harsh, dark feelings, her words would have a taunting, threatening meaning. Yet she were just stating the fact. He could not hurt her, because she would just send him away. Weapons thrown, magic cast, tackles done- Everything could be handled. Unless he cast a ball of yarn at her, but he did not seem to have one of those, and she could still defend herself the way she wanted to, while she were tangled up on the ground.

“If you know what’s good for you, yes. And as for you, outsider, I dare you to make your move. Give me a reason to throw you to the beasts.”

Although her friends would free themselves right after, narrowly avoiding her taking them herself, she would take this opportunity still, and open a gate inside of her mouth, around the size of a quarter, and stick her tongue through that. Then another would open just next to the hunter's face, and she would put her tongue in his ear. Just one poke, then retract, gate closed, and no proof that she had done anything. She recalled Discord used to do something like this, when others thought they could threaten him, and he did not take them serious.

"Then the beasts would be sent into the forest, with you. You do not listen."

“You will not lay one claw on our friend!”

“Hey! That’s enough from all of you.”

“Hmph! You got lucky, outsider. I’ve got other things to do.”

She'd take a few steps forth, calmly moving past Sen and Lin. If they tried to stop her, she would put up defensive gates, to keep them at bay. She wanted to say something to this one, and she did not need them to try and keep her safe.

"I do not feel fear, or pain. Your words mean nothing, and you are too weak to hit me. Leave my friends alone, or I will send you into the woods."

That would be it. She'd turn around and follow the elder after that, as uncaring about the hunter as she had been before. And if he tried something? Well, he could go have fun in the woods now, couldn't he? As could any weapon he, or his gang of bullies might try to use against her. And if Sen or Lin tried to stop any attack, she would put the gates up in front of them. They had been touched enough, and she would not allow it to happen again. Even if she had to send them away, to save them from themselves.

Shrimp in the meantime, had rushed right over on whoever of Sen and Lin had gotten to him first, crawling all over them, sniffing and chirping with worry, afraid that something might have happened to them. He'd jump from one to the other if needed, to look them over, making sure that he couldn't smell blood. And if he did, he'd find the wound, and lie next to it, giving off sad chirps.

There were a fair chance that the next time they saw this hunter, Shrimp might just instantly fire a glittering flame into his face, as he did definitely not like this one.

As for the hunter, he left disappointed, unable to get what he hoped. There was still the benefit of seeing just who Omen was despite the nauseating display of camaraderie between her and the siblings, though it came off rather inspiring for Horu. Growing up believing that creatures that weren’t longma were considered dangerous, it was pleasing and impressive that such a display of bonds was possible. Perhaps Omen or the siblings could regale him of how it came to be, but it will have to wait because of the elder’s presence in his workshop.

“Is everyone all right? What happened?”

He were likely also annoyed that he could not get under Omen's skin, but that were one of the benefits of Omen being how she were. She did not get angry by insults thrown at her, or pointless squabble. She could not be baited like that. He'd have a better chance if he had a hole in the ground, barely covered, then asked her if she'd be so kind as to stand on it. But that were just her being naive.

"A bully came and asked questions, then said things that made Sen and Lin attack him. Then he tried to hurt them, and said I should answer, but I do not answer if I do not want to. Had they not let go, I would have taken Sen and Lin myself. And if I see them try and hurt them again, I will send them into the forest. Just outside the town, the first time. Then further away, until they learn to leave them alone."

Omen would however, not just have things to say to Elder Ghilan, and would then turn to her friends.

"Please do not do that again. I do not need you to fight for me, and I do not care whatever he says to me. I do not know how to let words get to me. I let him talk, and touch me, because you and Rosa asked me to not do something that I can do. And because I only looked, you got hurt. Mother would not want that. I do not either.

The next time something happens, I will act. I do not want to chose between keeping you safe, and doing what you ask, but it just happened, and you were put in danger. I will not let that happen again. The next time something happens, I will chose to protect you. Even if it means having to send you far, far away, until you stop attacking others."

This were essentially the closest thing the two of them would get, to Omen scolding them for their actions. And really, she were right. That Lin attacked due to the insult to their parents were its own thing, but there were no point in fighting for Omen like this. Words did not get to her, and she did not get egged on like that, so the hunter could have tried til he were exhausted and collapsed, and Omen would still not care one bit.

What she did care about though, were the two of them. And they had gotten hurt, in parts because she chose to keep her word, over doing what she were supposed to do, when something like this happened. Either send the attackers away, or send Sen and Lin away, for acting impulsively, and do something that only put them in danger. It were not worth it, and especially not if it were for her. She could well protect herself, but she chose to only do it to real danger. Not a loud mouth, who wanted a reaction. It were pointless to send someone like that away.

Edited by Blitz Boom

@Blitz Boom@Kujamih
As before, the twins were discussing the situation with each other since it didn't seem they would be taking part in any conversation, they of course observed and listened what they could, but there wasn't exactly any useful information as far as they could understand. The spoke again once they were addressed.

"Don't worry about it, we wouldn't let strangers that look like us near our young either." Trox said in joking manner, though he did mean it, now, of course they would let other kobolds, but if for example a pony who was as physically scarred as they were and was carrying weapons like them? no. "We also don't want to be surrounded by defenseless young since like stated, the Oni is after me specifically, and has shown willingness to cause collateral damage." 

"We wouldn't even stay here if it wasn't for the need to wait." "We'll wait in the swimming hall, there's the least amount of stuff to break if things go wrong, and getting some moisture on our scales doesn't sound half-bad." they had gotten used to the dryness caused by the sun already, but it was still bit uncomfortable "We have nothing more to discuss, but in case any other kobolds appear to ask about us, point them to our direction, they are either a friend, or someone you can't stop."  bit ominous but true, the reason why they didn't go more in detail was because they saw it as very unlikely that it would be relevant, Sheez was most likely not going to come into the school, and even if she did, she would not have the need to ask for directions.

"I do have a question though, the vending machines, do they require payment?" the had no money so it was a relevant question, not that they really even know what money here was, they had heard the term 'bits' and had seen them so they knew they were some sort of gold coin, but that was as far as it went.

If nothing more came up, they would head to the swimming hall after getting directions there, and depending on the answer regarding the vending machines, they would either ignore them or stop by any that happened to be on the route. 

----------------------------------

Charir would follow Leviathan with his senses, ready to follow if it seemed she was leaving, he did tilt his head at her as even he could tell she was worried about something, but other than that didn't do anything worth mentioning, he lacked the knowledge and empathy to be able to help with her worries, especially without a common language. He was open for some magic practice, and things would go like before, the spark would transfer to Charir, maybe arch few times between his claws, and then get spread to his scales, bouncing around until it either traveled to something else, like back to Leviathan, or just faded with time.  Charir would try to focus the electricity to specific places, but it seemed that he hadn't figured how to do it yet, or how to generate electricity himself, regardless of both having already happened before.

When spoke to, Ruby blinked at just generally seemed like she had broken out of a deep thought "Oh, I was gone that long, my apologizes, I needed a moment to...think." she stated, sounding surprisingly...docile, it was a small change from her normal indifference, but it was still notable when compared to her usual "And while I understand your suspicion, I truly mean it, I did not do anything you'd call immoral, I just needed a moment of peace." 

The pony spaces out and seems to be not himself lately... He easily zones in and out as if he lacks sleep and yet before that he was fine... He'd then gets snapped back to reality.

" Ugh!?... Um... Sorry what was the topic again?". 

He rubs his head and question his purpose here.

@Blitz Boom

On 2023-05-07 at 5:49 PM, Blitz Boom said:

"I do not want to answer you, and you are not able to make me."

It were funny how if her tone of voice were different, or her mind were able to grasp more harsh, dark feelings, her words would have a taunting, threatening meaning. Yet she were just stating the fact. He could not hurt her, because she would just send him away. Weapons thrown, magic cast, tackles done- Everything could be handled. Unless he cast a ball of yarn at her, but he did not seem to have one of those, and she could still defend herself the way she wanted to, while she were tangled up on the ground.

Although her friends would free themselves right after, narrowly avoiding her taking them herself, she would take this opportunity still, and open a gate inside of her mouth, around the size of a quarter, and stick her tongue through that. Then another would open just next to the hunter's face, and she would put her tongue in his ear. Just one poke, then retract, gate closed, and no proof that she had done anything. She recalled Discord used to do something like this, when others thought they could threaten him, and he did not take them serious.

That last part left the hunter incensed and a little disgusted. Having a tongue go into his ear was one of the most unexpected things he could imagine happening, but it was what it was. No way he could rationalize what just happened, and frankly, there was a lot more going on with this outsider. One could only imagine what the siblings see in her, but to others, what transpired will only add more fuel to the tall tales surrounding the three of them. The exaggerations will definitely create new stories involving them, but there was no doubt that the three have become something of a sensation at that moment. 

As for Ghilan, it was good to see them all holding their ground, though that didn’t come without consequences. All eyes were on them now.

"A bully came and asked questions, then said things that made Sen and Lin attack him. Then he tried to hurt them, and said I should answer, but I do not answer if I do not want to. Had they not let go, I would have taken Sen and Lin myself. And if I see them try and hurt them again, I will send them into the forest. Just outside the town, the first time. Then further away, until they learn to leave them alone."

*sigh* “That bully you met was Weifeng, the huntmaster’s second and simply called Feng. He is the one who is slated to take on the eventual role of leading the village’s hunters once the current huntmaster leaves his position. Normally, all hunters are trained to conduct themselves with dignity and respect, but this one has let the prospect of becoming the next huntmaster get to his head.”

“Why don’t you just remove him from his position? You are the elder; don’t you have any authority over that kind of behavior?”

“Unfortunately not. I may be the highest authority of the village, but that decision is not up to me, and he has not done anything that would necessitate my intervention.”

By then, the elder wouldn’t be the only one with words for the siblings, as Omen turned to them. Well, she and Shrimp, with Lin being the one to rush to her. The siblings were grateful for the little one’s concern, and Lin would pick up the refraction and place him on the nearby worktable so she could thank him properly. They were all right, and aside from a little bit of dust and dirt, there was nothing to worry about. The same could not be said for Omen, whose words made her sound like she was putting her foot down because of the siblings’ overprotectiveness.

Sen looked down, silently contemplating what he wanted to say. Something about what Omen said touched upon old regrets, and while he may have mentioned it before in passing, it may have caused him to act on instinct or subconsciously.

"Please do not do that again. I do not need you to fight for me, and I do not care whatever he says to me. I do not know how to let words get to me. I let him talk, and touch me, because you and Rosa asked me to not do something that I can do. And because I only looked, you got hurt. Mother would not want that. I do not either.

The next time something happens, I will act. I do not want to chose between keeping you safe, and doing what you ask, but it just happened, and you were put in danger. I will not let that happen again. The next time something happens, I will chose to protect you. Even if it means having to send you far, far away, until you stop attacking others."

“I’m sorry. That jerk wasn’t right for insulting us, but I let my emotions get to me. It’s just that what he said… hit too close to home. When he mentioned mother and father, or them being gone, I remember Legion using the same words back then. I still think about the day I was exiled and when my father was dragged away. Some part of me believes it was wrong to run away, that I failed to protect them, and that if I didn’t do anything, it would be you who’d be taken. It made me want to stop something like that from happening again. I don’t want to look weak in front of you, but I guess I made myself look stupid instead. What I said now is not an excuse, and I only ask that you understand.” 

Lin, Horu, and Ghilan listened in, unable to say anything, and simply allowed Sen to speak from his heart. They were aware of those events, and it wouldn’t be right to diminish their significance to the longma. It went double for Lin, who was absent when it happened, only learning of it a day later when she found her way back to the village. She wasn’t in any position to speak or defend herself, and she took Omen’s words and simply trusted that she was able to handle herself. Sen would walk up to the Ki’Nathar and pick up her right foreleg, holding it up before her in such a way that it was interlocked with his own right foreleg.

“I was being overprotective, and that made me lose sight of your strength. You’ve shown us that you can handle yourself in unexpected ways. Let what we do now be a sign of trust, a gesture to show that our strengths and skills will see us through any trial without overshadowing the other. My apologies if this makes you uncomfortable, but will you accept this gesture?”

@Blitz Boom

Rising returned the bow to show his appreciation for the comments by the head librarian of Harrowmark.  Not that he had all that much to say about another page being added to this mentioned book about him.  It'd probably be too much to ask this book not make it to Equestria, but such hopes were remote.  Dawn would at least see to that.  Oh well, there was good faith in the librarian's ability, maybe it won't be so bad.

And now the family, guards and royal prince were being shooed away by the head librarian.  What a good relationship this inner circle has, to be so open and free to shoo one so high in the hierarchy.  How pleasant.  Before they could tottle off as instructed by the librarian, the diamond dog asked for the father's attention.  "Ho ho ho, a bonus gift!  How marvelous.  I look forward to discovering this surprise in due time, my fellow scholar," Star chuckled and bowed his own thanks for the new addition.  "A debate over the first poem?  Ho ho ho!  The first poem is an introduction, mine friend.  It pleases me to know young minds are all a buzz over my work so quickly.  Let them continue to wonder.  Or you might reveal to them the hint, my book is a journey, each poem is not a destination.  Each poem contains a key to all the other poems," the older stallion stroked his mustache with a bright smile as they parted ways.

The park gave way to a part of city Rising was more expecting when the idea of celebration and festivities came to mind.  Much more accustom to such neighborhood events than the grand ones expected in places like Canterlot with all the royals around.  Jus the average folk about and all the tasty dishes just waiting to be consumed.  That was until, the guarded escort called attention to the crowd to again gather around.  At least this time around, it was just cheers of joy and thanks, not the hoard of gift givers to encircle the family.  That was the case, for all but one.  A pegasus approached to greet the group.  A stark contrast mare that didn't opt for the heavy clothing thus far worn by the rest of Harrowmark.

Another introduction for another creature in Harrowmark that would interest Dawn.  Not a member of the Silver Royale she'd heard about, but an aspiring member.  She's got the passion and the drive.  Dawn has found in her experience it can often be better to get in with those just a little lower on the totem pole.  Those that will be replacing the old, in time, and easier to work with behind the scenes.  Dawn's preferred methods.  The twin sister was already gaining good ground in her connections within this dark land.  "A pleasure, Miss Bloom," Dawn greeted in turn with a bright smile.  The rest of the family gave their respectful bows as well in greeting.  "Ho ho ho!  Quite the party we have going on here," Star admired, much more in this swing of the city.  "We are, quite famished," Grace admitted, wanting to take the fellow pegasus up on her offer before he daughter got lost in business talk.

@EQ_Theta

On 2023-05-08 at 2:21 PM, EQ_Theta said:

*sigh* “That bully you met was Weifeng, the huntmaster’s second and simply called Feng. He is the one who is slated to take on the eventual role of leading the village’s hunters once the current huntmaster leaves his position. Normally, all hunters are trained to conduct themselves with dignity and respect, but this one has let the prospect of becoming the next huntmaster get to his head.”

“Why don’t you just remove him from his position? You are the elder; don’t you have any authority over that kind of behavior?”

“Unfortunately not. I may be the highest authority of the village, but that decision is not up to me, and he has not done anything that would necessitate my intervention.”

"He has done enough for me to do things. This time, I poked him in the ear with my tongue. The next time, he is going to the forest."

He were warned now, essentially. She had flat out said to him what were going to happen, if he, or one of the other hunters tried again, and she did not much care about the perception of others in this. It did not matter, and even looking at it logically, she could not see why it would be better to let her friends get hurt, over others seeing her as a freak. Many did that already, as she understood it, and she didn't think that much mattered. It were just what they called her, because she were different. To them, she were a freak, and that were just how things were. As she had come to understand anyway, others judged those who were not like them. Another reason why she did wish that she were normal, but that were not going to happen. At least not anytime soon.

"He needs to learn how to talk to others. Why go and attack, when you can just ask things? That seems dumb to me."

Seemed odd that someone like that, were chosen to lead. Maybe the one who were meant to promote him to the leader, should sit down and have a talk with him, to get him to change how he were. Maybe then, Omen would not have to send him to the woods.

Shrimp did not think that high thoughts. He were just on the table, nibbling claws, and chirping happily, because it looked like his caretakers were okay. He had been genuinely scared for them before. Might be he did not express everything so well, but they did mean the world to him. Just as Omen did. Rosa were... A tag-along, that he managed to get food from sometimes. He were okay. These three were his closest though, int he order of Omen, then Lin, then Sen close after one another.

On 2023-05-08 at 2:21 PM, EQ_Theta said:

“I’m sorry. That jerk wasn’t right for insulting us, but I let my emotions get to me. It’s just that what he said… hit too close to home. When he mentioned mother and father, or them being gone, I remember Legion using the same words back then. I still think about the day I was exiled and when my father was dragged away. Some part of me believes it was wrong to run away, that I failed to protect them, and that if I didn’t do anything, it would be you who’d be taken. It made me want to stop something like that from happening again. I don’t want to look weak in front of you, but I guess I made myself look stupid instead. What I said now is not an excuse, and I only ask that you understand.” 

Lin, Horu, and Ghilan listened in, unable to say anything, and simply allowed Sen to speak from his heart. They were aware of those events, and it wouldn’t be right to diminish their significance to the longma. It went double for Lin, who was absent when it happened, only learning of it a day later when she found her way back to the village. She wasn’t in any position to speak or defend herself, and she took Omen’s words and simply trusted that she was able to handle herself. Sen would walk up to the Ki’Nathar and pick up her right foreleg, holding it up before her in such a way that it was interlocked with his own right foreleg.

“I was being overprotective, and that made me lose sight of your strength. You’ve shown us that you can handle yourself in unexpected ways. Let what we do now be a sign of trust, a gesture to show that our strengths and skills will see us through any trial without overshadowing the other. My apologies if this makes you uncomfortable, but will you accept this gesture?”

"You do not seem weak to me. I just want you to stay safe.

And it is not okay for him to insult your parents. I can understand that I think. I do not understand why you attacked him for it though. That does not seem to make much sense. But then, I were not there, when things happened to you, and I do not feel the things you do. I would not know how to understand an emotional thing like that."

Omen were trying to grasp things, but had come to understand that there were some things which were illogical to her, that made perfect sense to others, and that she'd probably never come to fully understand. Their own, personal issues, come to the surface, and it might be that it were only them who could actually understand it. Or at least it took someone, who grasped feelings properly, to be able to empathize, and see it from their side. At least, that were something that she were beginning to think might be the case. She might well be wrong. Wouldn't be the first time.

She weren't sure what were going on, as sen went over and lifted her leg, but she would let him do what it were that he intended, tilting her head slightly to the left, whilst observing this odd ritual. She honestly weren't sure what this gesture, or position were meant to do, but Sen would explain it. Albeit, in a way that still made her somewhat confused. Normal beings had strange symbols for things.

"I do not see why I would not, though I do not understand it. Symbols are strange sometimes.

And I can handle myself. I have been around for a long time now. Sometimes, I had to defend myself, not others with me. So I do. Never with violence though. I just send the problem away. Sometimes, they stay in our world a little. The siblings would find it curious to see how they were up close.

Also, why do you think if I am uncomfortable? How is that supposed to feel?"

Omen couldn't grasp the concept of being comfortable, much less uncomfortable. She prefered sitting in fire, did that mean it were what made her comfortable? But then, wouldn't the opposite being her sitting on ice? She had done that, and didn't feel much different.

If anything, Sen should likely be the only one feeling uncomfortable, as Omen did not let go unless he tried to wander off, and were starring at him point blank. That tended to make normal beings a little squeamish.

"Ghilan? If he tries to attack, is it okay with your rules to defend my friends? I will still do it, but I am curious."

Even if it were highly illegal to attack the hunter prodigy, she did not care. If he made his choice, she would make hers. Besides, sending him away wasn't attacking him. He wouldn't get a scratch from her. Worst she had done so far, was putting a tongue in his ear, and that were hardly even something bad either, as she did not have saliva, so it were more like a warm snake being poked into your ear.

===================================================================================

@Rising Dusk

15 hours ago, Rising Dusk said:

And now the family, guards and royal prince were being shooed away by the head librarian.  What a good relationship this inner circle has, to be so open and free to shoo one so high in the hierarchy.  How pleasant.  Before they could tottle off as instructed by the librarian, the diamond dog asked for the father's attention.  "Ho ho ho, a bonus gift!  How marvelous.  I look forward to discovering this surprise in due time, my fellow scholar," Star chuckled and bowed his own thanks for the new addition.  "A debate over the first poem?  Ho ho ho!  The first poem is an introduction, mine friend.  It pleases me to know young minds are all a buzz over my work so quickly.  Let them continue to wonder.  Or you might reveal to them the hint, my book is a journey, each poem is not a destination.  Each poem contains a key to all the other poems," the older stallion stroked his mustache with a bright smile as they parted ways.

"It would defeat the purpose of discussing it, if I went and gave them clues or directions. Their minds will expand more, if they approach this organically, and will rethink things as they get along. I would be a poor librarian, if I took that experience from them."

He'd bow his neck to the pony, as they parted ways. Such a fascinating mind, this one were. Perhaps some day, they could sit down, and discuss various topics at length. Philosophy for instance. It would be fascinating to see how they would clash on things, and what were understandable between cultures. Yet that would be for another time. He had a son to celebrate, and food and beverage to consume. May his day be merry.

15 hours ago, Rising Dusk said:

Another introduction for another creature in Harrowmark that would interest Dawn.  Not a member of the Silver Royale she'd heard about, but an aspiring member.  She's got the passion and the drive.  Dawn has found in her experience it can often be better to get in with those just a little lower on the totem pole.  Those that will be replacing the old, in time, and easier to work with behind the scenes.  Dawn's preferred methods.  The twin sister was already gaining good ground in her connections within this dark land.  "A pleasure, Miss Bloom," Dawn greeted in turn with a bright smile.  The rest of the family gave their respectful bows as well in greeting.  "Ho ho ho!  Quite the party we have going on here," Star admired, much more in this swing of the city.  "We are, quite famished," Grace admitted, wanting to take the fellow pegasus up on her offer before he daughter got lost in business talk.

"That will not do."

Bloom would clap her hooves three times, magic clacking with sparks. At the third one, it would send off a dozen large sparks of different colors, twirling up into the air, and rushing off, impacting various beings around the street. A magical signature, giving off orders as to what to bring. As it hit them, it would be absorbed, then relay her message into their minds, so they knew what it were that she had ordered.

"They will work diligently to provide you with a taste of what Harrowmark has to offer. But until then, I invite you to at least drink something, and sample a little of something I had prepared earlier."

If they'd follow, she would lead them to the side, away from the crowded tables at the entrance, which she knew would be hard for the guards to wander past easily, and into a more open area, where there were still a few tables in the corner. Others would move from them, giving them room as they made their way to said corner, with a quaint oak table, two long benches, and a parasol. Although said parasol were currently closed, as the sun were not harsh.

On the pat there, she would have sent off a couple of spark more, and not long as they went there, they would have two pegasi that came walking in, with one of the barrels that were seen before, along with several mugs. It would be set down, and they would leave without incident, or a word. Plenty to do here today.

"They will be back shortly, but please, grab a mug, and place it under one of the downward branches. A cup of local pear cider will do you good."

It would have a nice, rich taste of obviously pear, but also spice that balanced the sweetness, and gave it a bit of bite of mild chili. Along with blackberries and sloe berries. Not a lot of alcohol though. She did not want to have them drunk after all. This were just meant to be a taster, so she had opted for sending for the milder version.

Not longer after, the same two pegasi, would return with a covered tray, and set it down on the table. Removing it, they would reveal what looked like a cooked turkey, with roasted potatoes, along with enough plates for everyone, utensils, and a large cutting knife. Even the guards if Gerthrude would allow them to partake. Which she so far, would not.

"Don't worry, before we start. This isn't meat. Just something I cooked up a few months ago, and were about to present to some of our guests, now that I am finally satisfied with the result. Yet I see your arrival as a sign."

She would handle the knife, and poke into the top of the supposed turkey, running the knife down and cut through the entirely of it, in a smooth motion, which definitely signalled there were no bones in there.

As it were spread then afterwards, they'd see that this were definitely not a turkey. It were in fact a cake. Five layers of dark and white chocolate, the shell were a hardened honey glazing, and around it, you could see pockets of blackberry jam, packed into the spongy layers of cake.

"How inventive. Might I ask what the idea behind this is?"

"Diamond Dog birthday cake. I've had enough mention how they think equine cakes could be more interesting, so I took that as a challenge, and got inspired. I had several options presented to me, before I were satisfied with this one. It might seem odd, but mother was limiting herself too much, by being exclusionary of diamond dogs. But it's my job now, and I'm moving past that road block."

"And the roasted potatoes?"

"Trick question. You know as well as I do, that this much sweet without some real food, is bad for diamond dogs. And who doesn't like roasted potatoes?"

Chocolate and diamond dogs were a hot topic at times. Some thought they would die from it, like a regular dog, which real diamond dogs tended to find insulting. They were not some puppy on a leash after all. That said, they could get quite ill by it, if they got a mass amount of it. The way that she had gone around it, were partially with the roasted potatoes, to even things out. But also, how Harrowish ingredients worked, did help on it. Their chocolate were made of a different kind of sweetness than sugar, and the cocoa powder were mixed with a few other things to make their supply last longer. It gave it a bit more of an earthy, bitter taste to it, even for dark chocolate, but the white chocolate, and honey, should even that out more or less.

It seemed to interest the knights too. Gerthrude didn't need to look at them directly to know this. As did Bloom, as she cut pieces and prepared plated. Enough for everyone, the guards and prince included, though Rising and his family would be served first. If they wanted to, she would take a bite herself first of course, of both the potatoes and the cake. She would understand if they might feel a little iffy, as they did not know her after all.

Gerthrude would roll her eye and nod, as she could almost feel her knights salivating, allowing them to take a plate with a few potatoes along with it. Only a small bit of cider though. She were not letting them get even a tiny bit drunk. She herself would pass though, wanting to keep her full focus on her job. She'd eat and drink later.

==========================================================================

@Catpone Cerberus @Kujamih

Starlight would nod as she were given the last instructions. They were... Ominous, but for the time being, considering the situation being what it were, she would simply try and keep it in mind, and hope things would not turn out poorly. Thankfully the youths were hidden a fair bit from where they were right now, and the swimming hall. So they'd be as safe as could be, if someone did come for them. Though at least they'd get warned if there were some sort of presence here that did not belong. The school had wards against various things, so for instance they'd know if there were shapeshifting, or illusions going on with a student. The same with unusual magic patterns, and as this were not something they'd have seen before in this area, it should stick out. Especially if it had some connections to the kitsune. They had a rather special spell pattern, that were hard to mistake for an equine's.

On 2023-05-07 at 12:03 PM, Catpone Cerberus said:

"I do have a question though, the vending machines, do they require payment?" the had no money so it was a relevant question, not that they really even know what money here was, they had heard the term 'bits' and had seen them so they knew they were some sort of gold coin, but that was as far as it went.

If nothing more came up, they would head to the swimming hall after getting directions there, and depending on the answer regarding the vending machines, they would either ignore them or stop by any that happened to be on the route. 

"No. Since we have students from many background and places here, it didn't seem productive to Twilight. So instead they register who uses them, and then we just address the individual, if somepony takes too big advantage of it. So far it's gone well enough. Just try not to mind the low supplies. A lot of students took a comfort snack or two when they were brought in together, to cope a little with the lockdown."

She'd direct them how they got to the swimming hall, though Shark also excitedly jumped up, saying that she did know where the inside river were. She had been there, and did well in remembering how to get there from here, when they had been shown around, in case she needed a swim more.

So she'd take charge, and wander down the hallways, taking them all the same route that their guides here had, when Light and her started. There were a good deal less sound, and locked doors, than when they had been there yesterday, but it were all fine by her. She could not smell blood, so that meant there were no injured one here.

They'd also pass vending machines. Several rows were empty, but there were still a few, and all they had to do to operate them, were push on the right buttons, and then the button for them to push out said item. Though it would only work, if you touched it with bare skin, hooves, claws, etc. It were to avoid cheating the registering. Which had happened a few times, before they changed them up a bit. Honestly they should have seen that coming.

They could halt and get something. There were things for many sort of races, including caramelized gems for dragons, so they'd maybe find something. Shark at least, would halt, and try to get out a bag of gummies, though she'd just claw at the glass, not sure how this worked. As that did nothing, she'd try booping the glass, then lick it- Still nothing. Hopefully she'd be instructed by one of the others, how things like this worked, which really were fairly simple. 

As for why she wanted the gummies? It had a picture of a half orange, with a red inside. Better known as a blood orange. Which she could not read, but it looked tasty.

Once they'd all potentially gotten something, or passed on it, she'd lead them on, baggie dangling from her mouth, and they'd get to the swimming hall shortly after that. Containing currently no visible creatures, and just the various sized pools, in which students could usually swim. They'd find however when they went further in, that there were actually one, who had been deep in the largest pool. He got to the surface though, as he sensed someone were above the water surface.

A pony up half, with short, algae-green hair, a bemused look in his eyes of the same color, and lightly-blue fur. He leaned on the edge of the pool, and if they looked, they'd find that his torso would shift into a more fishy underside, including the tail. Not a merpony though. No, they were more stable in how they looked, as the fish tail seemed to be frayed and somewhat like seaweed at the edges. They also didn't tend to have that glimmer of bemusement and trickery in their eyes, as this one had.

Shark would raise a hoof, awkwardly trying to wave at him, very enthusiastically.

"Well well, seems like my swimming buddy and her hubby is back. And you brought some friends too. Can't say I know what sort you are though. Some sorta stunted dragon and some sorta foxes? This place really do attract everything.

I'm Razor, the swimming instructor. What can this innocent little kelpie do for you today, hm?"

================================================================================

@Catpone Cerberus

The spark they'd work with, would be joined by a few more, and she'd try to have them pass them between one another. It wasn't much, but she still felt pretty drained, and she might need more later for something, so she had to conserve energy a little. This should perhaps still show them something however. If nothing else, some way that he might learn to control it a bit. A fine little way to see if they could figure out how magic worked with him. It wouldn't really show a lot though... But how would they know, if they didn't try, right? If they could at least figure out how he harnessed it, perhaps that would be a start, for them later to see if they could find out how he could make his own. Who knew? Maybe it turned out he couldn't produce magic himself, but could take at least elemental attacks, and not just remain unscathed, but actually get empowered by it, via manipulation? She hadn't seen anyone properly do anything even remotely like that, for centuries. It'd be epic! Though she did see him make some himself before... Maybe it were more like he needed something to start him off?

Something told her that this were gonna be a lengthy subject, before they figured out how he used magic, and what sort. They couldn't even start proper training, before they figured out that basic.

As for Ruby... She'd hear what the dragoness were saying, but she wouldn't look any less worried at her.

"Y'know, normally when someone say they've just been out and think, they don't normally have blood on their face. I'll trust it when you say you haven't done something immoral, but that doesn't stop me from worrying. You aren't acting yourself, Ruby. It makes me concerned for you. Worried that something happened, that spaced you out, and something's gone wrong.

But if you don't wanna tell, I won't push it. Just please, if there's something that's bothering you, remember that you can speak with me, okay?"

Leviathan would place a hand on Ruby's upper front leg, since in her real form, she were probably too tall for her to get there, unless she flew up, and that didn't feel right in this moment. Her eyes would gaze up too, as always in awe at the wondrous form of Ruby, but also again, with worry, that were probably misplaced. She couldn't help it though. She were emotional, and Ruby were one she felt close to.

"Everything's been fine here, in case you wondered. No one tried bursting in and cause trouble. If they had, you'd probably see parts of them between Charir's teeth."

@Blitz Boom

On 2023-05-11 at 11:25 PM, Blitz Boom said:

"He needs to learn how to talk to others. Why go and attack, when you can just ask things? That seems dumb to me."

“Unfortunately, Omen, that task would be up to the huntmaster. The village’s guardians take pride in what they do, but being humble is something we are all trained to be. Ask me or Sen, because that is what we were taught, but as I said, the idea of eventually becoming the huntmaster is an appealing one. Imagine having the power and influence to decide what becomes of the village’s hunters, what you say goes and though some would challenge it, your word was final. That kind of power should keep anyone honest, but not everyone will it that way.”

Sadly, it was true that power can make anyone think they’re above others, just as power is capable of corrupting those who wield it. Some see that and take power anyway, while others would rather not wield it. Then there are those that understand just what power can do but choose to take it upon themselves. Those kinds of folks are the rarest, at least to the longma. Ghilan knew and saw that abuse for himself when Solasan wielded his authority, though by then, it wasn’t really him anymore. Still, it doesn’t diminish his point, and he hopes everyone present would understand and take something home as a lesson. 

"I do not see why I would not, though I do not understand it. Symbols are strange sometimes.

And I can handle myself. I have been around for a long time now. Sometimes, I had to defend myself, not others with me. So I do. Never with violence though. I just send the problem away. Sometimes, they stay in our world a little. The siblings would find it curious to see how they were up close.

Also, why do you think if I am uncomfortable? How is that supposed to feel?"

“I suppose being emotional makes me act without thinking. It seemed right that anyone talking ill of our parents would need to be taught a lesson, and sometimes, violence is the only language that can get the message across… Now, who knows what kind of enemy we made of the huntmaster’s second.”

“Oh, and I guess moving your leg without your permission may come off as uncomfortable. Normally, it should be your choice whether you want to go along with it being moved or not. If you do not want me to do it again, tell me, and I’ll stop doing it. You could let go now…” 

Sen shook his leg up and down, feeling a little awkward that Omen’s leg was still interlocked to his, though he wouldn’t make his awkwardness too obvious. Admittedly, this whole display and gesture of trust was the result of an impulse brought about by another burst of emotion. Sen felt that he had violated Omen’s trust with him always getting into trouble at the risk of doing something stupid or rash. Even Lin, to some degree, could be accused of doing the same thing. Having a history of poorly thought decisions stemming from overt or covert emotional responses to something that happened to them. However, when compared to what happened earlier with the altercation involving more village hunters, this one was rather tame.

The consequences of this whole event did cause Ghilan to carefully consider what would come next. In two days’ time, they’ll be off to meet with the elders, and there was a good chance Feng would be coming along with them. No doubt the seeds of enmity have been sown…

"Ghilan? If he tries to attack, is it okay with your rules to defend my friends? I will still do it, but I am curious."

“Self-defense and defending your friends is acceptable, within reason, but be warned. Knowing how things happened earlier, the huntmaster’s second can be cunning when he wants. He knows what will set you off, and he can spin the situation to make him look like the wounded party. This is also true with your magic, Omen; you can open gates leading to different places, but others in the village do not know that. Simply put, keep your distance from him, and if confrontation cannot be avoided, don’t be the one to make the first move.”

The last part of Ghilan’s advice came from his own experiences, though physical altercations weren’t involved. Being incensed and angered for personal slights was understandable, but any sympathy that could be garnered could be lost easily if the result of aggravation is violence. While Sen and Lin were warned, they could stand to learn this lesson while they still can because their emotional outbursts could lead them to make mistakes others could exploit. It wouldn’t look good on them if the other elders saw it happen for themselves. 

However, Horu still couldn’t get over his amazement at what just happened, and he just had to know just what made it possible. It seemed like Omen’s got a bit of a fan in the woodworker. 

“Omen? If you don’t mind me saying, what you and your friends did earlier was amazing! How did you do it? Standing up to that bully, I mean. You stared him down, and you didn’t even look scared!”

@Blitz Boom@Kujamih
The silence highlighted the design of Trox's cybernetics, as regardless of the metal exterior of his other leg, the sound he made while walking was trivial at worst, the faintest of a small metallic clang sounding from half of his steps, easily drowned out by regular hoofsteps, and this was without him trying to be silent. The lack of sounds did not bother the two siblings, quite the opposite actually, they preferred things like this, as it allowed them to hear any potential threat easier, but at the same time, coming from culture they came from, the lack of noise was also in a way unsettling, because only times it was truly quiet in the community, was when something was very wrong.

They looked at the machines for few seconds, scanning them with their eyes to figure out the mechanism, it wasn't complicated, nor hard to figure out, but they had seen so many different systems in their life that it was good to conclude which one it was before trying. They noticed shark's trouble, and while they didn't directly instruct her, Trox positioned himself in a way that Shark would have a clear view of what he did, though if she didn't seem to understand and nobody else did anything, he'd eventually help more directly.  He would choose for himself whatever seemed to be the most nutritional, or in other word, whatever had most actual food in it, though if no such option existed, he'd choose whatever had most to eat, minus the gems, not his taste; the requirement for bare whatever didn't cause any trouble, as he used his primary hand, which happened to be the one he didn't lose. Sheska chose with the same logic. They ate them while walking to the hall. 

Now this was a creature the twins had no idea of, though it wasn't hard to tell he was a water based creature, and since any such creature that couldn't flee to the sea was probably....removed, in their word, it made sense they didn't know what he was. "Sheska and Trox." Trox introduced, to which Sheska added "We are kobolds, the only thing we share with dragons is our appearance." it was bit more complicated than that but it was good enough for now "And we aren't actually here for you, we didn't know anyone would be here." "In short, there's a situation going on that you have no doubt heard about, and we are in middle of said situation, and are here to wait for information, this being the safest place for avoiding collateral damage." 

--------------------------------------

Ruby gave Leviathan a 'really?' look when she mentioned the blood, sure she understood why she said it, Ruby didn't blame her for being suspicious of her, but, she was a carnivore, she only ate things with blood, besides, Ruby was a honest dragon, if she would have done something else than eaten a lunch, she would have not tried to hide it from Leviathan, she had no reason to. 

"What isn't bothering me?" Ruby responded in cold but slightly distant manner "I despise my way of life yet keep living it, I am aware of my faults yet have no means to change them." "I'm terrorizing prey, taking unnecessary risks in fights, and pretending to be an inferior creature,doing things that even those creatures find pathetic." "I despise it, yet I keep doing it, why? because I'm addicted to it." she looked towards the sky as she spoke "Watching Charir has allowed me to connect some dots, the joy he feels in his successes, it is fueled by the same thing as my addiction, power, more specifically, the feeling of being in control."  "I envy him, I envy you, I envy you both for your ability to just....smile." 

@Catpone Cerberus @Kujamih

11 hours ago, Catpone Cerberus said:

They looked at the machines for few seconds, scanning them with their eyes to figure out the mechanism, it wasn't complicated, nor hard to figure out, but they had seen so many different systems in their life that it was good to conclude which one it was before trying. They noticed shark's trouble, and while they didn't directly instruct her, Trox positioned himself in a way that Shark would have a clear view of what he did, though if she didn't seem to understand and nobody else did anything, he'd eventually help more directly.  He would choose for himself whatever seemed to be the most nutritional, or in other word, whatever had most actual food in it, though if no such option existed, he'd choose whatever had most to eat, minus the gems, not his taste; the requirement for bare whatever didn't cause any trouble, as he used his primary hand, which happened to be the one he didn't lose. Sheska chose with the same logic. They ate them while walking to the hall. 

Shark would watch very closely what Trox were doing, and not saying a word as he did so. Her eyes were fixated on his work with the buttons. That said, she did not want the exact same thing as he did, which if he wanted the most nutritious, would be either the bag of dried fruit, the package of nuts, or the package of sliced, seemingly fresh fruit. The nuts were the smallest package. Along with the dried fruit, due to the liquid lacking from it. Both were still a fairly good, regular size though. The bag of regular fruit slices were the biggest, holding about three healthy apple's worth of slices of various fruits. Primarily apple of course, but also some banana, pineapple, blackberries, and strawberries. No pears though. The local Apple family, hadn't been too thrilled at the thought, so that had been left out.

As it were her turn to try and repeat, she noticed the numbers, then the numbers on the various things... Sheska got a chance to go there too, before she'd try again, and she now noticed that yes, they seemed to go for the numbers that fit with the stuff. So she tried too, slowly pushing the ones she thought matched, then pushed... And the bag began to move and fall down! Her tail were wagging strongly, which were primarily a movement in the upper part, near her rear, and not so much the tip. That more just wobbled along with the movements.

She'd go and pick up the bag with her teeth, then go and boop the top of her head into first Trox, then Sheska, unless they began to move away as she did so. Both times, with a big smile on her face. She were still not used to showing happiness with her hooves, so she would do a friendly, gentle headbutt like this. Ideally hitting the upper parts of their chest, but she'd accept just hitting their arms or something similar.

"Thank friends, for help. Learn makes Shark happy."

She didn't require, or even expect a response. She just wanted to thank them, beaming with joy and innocence. Considering her teeth, and predatory instincts, it were fortunate that Shark were more of a highly curious, innocent mind, than the alternative. She could've caused some real harm in this town, if she had instead seen others not as friends, and this place a reef to call home, where she wanted to learn to be like all the fun friends she could see, but rather as a reef full of prey, and her the dominant predator. Sure she would have been downed eventually, but she'd probably have eaten or maimed, half a dozen ponies first.

Also, if Shark did touch them, they'd find her mane to be damp, yet soft.

12 hours ago, Catpone Cerberus said:

Now this was a creature the twins had no idea of, though it wasn't hard to tell he was a water based creature, and since any such creature that couldn't flee to the sea was probably....removed, in their word, it made sense they didn't know what he was. "Sheska and Trox." Trox introduced, to which Sheska added "We are kobolds, the only thing we share with dragons is our appearance." it was bit more complicated than that but it was good enough for now "And we aren't actually here for you, we didn't know anyone would be here." "In short, there's a situation going on that you have no doubt heard about, and we are in middle of said situation, and are here to wait for information, this being the safest place for avoiding collateral damage." 

"Kobolds, huh? Never even heard of your sort before, but I guess you learn new things every day."

He'd use his front hooves to lift himself up from the pool, and as he'd do so, his backside would morph into that of a regular pony, seamlessly, and apparently painless.

"I heard some noise, before everyone went out of here. Rather boring, but I expected nothing better. Never heard good thing about this town, and it's not helping itself. Surprised you don't have any guards with you though. The principal ain't afraid I'll go drag you into the pool? I've only been told to leave the students alone, after all."

He'd send the kobolds a mischievous look. He wasn't actually gonna do something, but the thoughts were sure nice. Fun too. But it'd mess with things if he did it, so he'd stop himself. Annoying probation, ruining his fun...

"Heh. It's safe enough here. Sides, no fun dragging any of you into the pool. You barely look like you could swim. Not like my diving buddy here."

He'd wave at Shark, who'd wave enthusiastically back. Yet at the same time, he'd also send a smirk to her mate. It had gotten really easy to get into his head so far, and it were far too easy to just let him pass by, to try again.

"We're exchange students."

"And we're kitsune, not just foxes."

"Oh? Well ain't that something.

Anyway, you can all just put your rear wherever. This place isn't being used until the town's cleared again, from the sounds of it, so I've just been here to clean the filters. Have a swim if you want, or can. I'm guessing all that shiny metal means you shouldn't at least."

He'd look at the kobolds as he said that, then let out a large yawn. What a dull day this were becoming...

===================================================================================

@Catpone Cerberus

Leviathan would lean in to Ruby, and close her eyes, trying her best to give her some semblance of a comforting presence. The poor dragoness... She were worse than just broken. She were aware of it, yet felt powerless to change things. It must feel miserable. Even if it didn't, Leviathan felt miserable for hearing it. This were her friend, and yet she couldn't even find the joy to smile... How was this not to break her heart?

"It's funny. In some ways, much as I've felt sadness and pain for you, I never thought you envied me. And especially not in the exact opposite way that I envy you.

You saw me before. That outburst wasn't the first. There's been so many more, because I can't always control myself. Sometimes my emotions run wild, and most of the time, I've just accepted to go with it. It's why I'm so giddy when Charir does something you see as minor, or why I look like I feared I'd never see you again, when you're gone for a while. I've tried to reel myself in, but I've failed, and sometimes, I end up hurting a lot that I don't want to, because of it.

I envy you, for looking like you're always in control of yourself. And I mourn that it is causing you duress. Because I want what is best for you, just as much as I do for Charir. Call me sappy if you want, I don't care. I want you to be happy. I want to see a genuine smile, spread on your face, and a spark of joy glitter in your eyes. And by Ancalagon himself, I'm gonna find a way to do it, if I h-have to force m-muh sappy feels r-right into y-yor fahce..."

There she went again. A tear rolling from her right eye, and a sob halt the smoothness of her sentence before that. She were feeling sad for Ruby, and it made her overreact again. And in this moment, she hated that. Her teeth were clenching, and her grip tightened, as she mentally pummeled herself, over acting like this. She did not think Ruby needed a weeping little thing stuck to her. She needed a friend, who would be steadfast, and connect with her. And she were messing that up!

She were growling slightly for a few seconds, angry not at Ruby, but at herself, as she tried to get a grip on herself. And when she did, her breathing and grip, would finally ease up proper, and her teeth slowly unclench. A bit more bite, and she might have been able to taste the blood from her own gums.

"...Sorry, I didn't mean to... *sigh* This is all messed up. I wanted to try and comfort you, and be all reassuring. And instead I'm weeping like I've been stung."

She'd let go of Ruby, but didn't step more than a step or two away, as she finally opened up her eyes again. They were still a bit moist, but still, she would gaze up at Ruby, and in her eyes, the taller dragoness would be able to see a shift. Sadness and embarrassment, turning into determination.

"We'll figure it out, okay? Don't care if it takes a day, or a thousand years. I'm gonna see a genuine smile on that face if it kills me."

Leviathan weren't sure what had gotten into her today. Felt like she were swinging from one mood swing to the other, more than usual. At least in higher spikes than normally, and it were clouding her judgement on things. For all she knew, she just accidentally insulted Ruby. Urgh, what a freaking mess...

=======================================================================

@EQ_Theta

On 2023-05-13 at 3:18 PM, EQ_Theta said:

“Unfortunately, Omen, that task would be up to the huntmaster. The village’s guardians take pride in what they do, but being humble is something we are all trained to be. Ask me or Sen, because that is what we were taught, but as I said, the idea of eventually becoming the huntmaster is an appealing one. Imagine having the power and influence to decide what becomes of the village’s hunters, what you say goes and though some would challenge it, your word was final. That kind of power should keep anyone honest, but not everyone will it that way.”

"...My master was right. Some creatures needs to be humbled, or they get too full of themselves."

That Discord of all creatures had said that, were a testament to many things. From his perspective, the fact that he made sure to keep everyone honest, and ensured that they were all on a level playing field. For everyone else, a sign of his massive hypocrisy, but he had ever been a creature that believed that *Rules for thee, but not for me* were the way to live his life. It had confused Omen often back in the days, when he had said one thing, but then it contradicted what he had otherwise said, because it suddenly didn't count for him, or what he did that were the same, were now irrelevant. It still did confuse her, when she thought about it, though she doubted that he had changed away from that. She knew her master were not the same as he once had been, but he still acted much the same, just on a smaller scale.

"He should be learning not to try and be the way he is. If he is rude to everyone, someday it will be to someone he can not handle, and he will be in trouble."

She did not consider herself to be that, even if she had technically threatened him. She were just going to be sending him away, not harm him. She were not like that. Others would not be, and if Rosa had been the one he attacked for instance, she did not think that Fheng would like the results. Rosa would probably not kill him, but she had seen the things he could do. It still looked like he were more than capable of hurting others, in case he wanted to.

She wondered what would happen, in case he did try to do these sorts of things, on someone else who did not respect his implied authority, but also had the inclination to make him regret what he had done. But she had seen a lot of retaliation in her time, so she were not sure. Could be they would try and tear his limbs off. Could be he would have a tongue pulled on him. There were a lot of ways, that things like that could go.

“I suppose being emotional makes me act without thinking. It seemed right that anyone talking ill of our parents would need to be taught a lesson, and sometimes, violence is the only language that can get the message across… Now, who knows what kind of enemy we made of the huntmaster’s second.”

“Oh, and I guess moving your leg without your permission may come off as uncomfortable. Normally, it should be your choice whether you want to go along with it being moved or not. If you do not want me to do it again, tell me, and I’ll stop doing it. You could let go now…”

"Mother says that violence is never the answer. That hurting others, just leads to more pain, and more violence, and it never stops. That is why it is important not to fight, and to talk instead. Try to understand others, and if they do not want to talk, to protect others from them, until they stop.

She said other things too, but some I have forgotten. I remember her telling us not to think of things, and forget them, but not what were forgotten. We do not question, we just did as she said. We are good children."

Some years before she ran into Sen and Lin, she had been speaking at length with one another. She started to talk like this however, and he had wandered off, saying something about her trying to make him join a cult. She still wasn't sure what a cult were, but it did not seem to be a good thing. So she had asked Mother, who said that it were indeed not a good thing, but that some would act like that. She had wanted to ask Mother more, but she had needed to tend to the other siblings, and Omen had not gotten around to ask again afterwards.

"I thought you moved my leg for a reason. I see many creatures, do many strange things. The leg grab was new, so I were curious. I did not know I was supposed to let go again."

She would let go, when she were asked to. Her grip wasn't grand really, so he could likely have wriggled out without asking, but it were certainly easier to just do so, as she would do most things, that either he, or lin would ask of her. Not including eating meat, or hurting others.

“Self-defense and defending your friends is acceptable, within reason, but be warned. Knowing how things happened earlier, the huntmaster’s second can be cunning when he wants. He knows what will set you off, and he can spin the situation to make him look like the wounded party. This is also true with your magic, Omen; you can open gates leading to different places, but others in the village do not know that. Simply put, keep your distance from him, and if confrontation cannot be avoided, don’t be the one to make the first move.”

The last part of Ghilan’s advice came from his own experiences, though physical altercations weren’t involved. Being incensed and angered for personal slights was understandable, but any sympathy that could be garnered could be lost easily if the result of aggravation is violence. While Sen and Lin were warned, they could stand to learn this lesson while they still can because their emotional outbursts could lead them to make mistakes others could exploit. It wouldn’t look good on them if the other elders saw it happen for themselves. 

However, Horu still couldn’t get over his amazement at what just happened, and he just had to know just what made it possible. It seemed like Omen’s got a bit of a fan in the woodworker. 

“Omen? If you don’t mind me saying, what you and your friends did earlier was amazing! How did you do it? Standing up to that bully, I mean. You stared him down, and you didn’t even look scared!”

"I do not make the first move. I told him, that I would send him away, if he attacked my friends again. The same for anyone else, who would try. If they do not attack, I will not send them away.

Mother is very clear. We must never attack, but we must always protect. So I will not make the first move. I will also not answer his questions, because I do not want to. if the real Huntsmaster asks, instead of attacking, then I will answer him."

She figured it were simple enough: She'd answer those who asked questions, without trying to cause her friends harm, and she wouldn't do something first, unless someone tried an attack. That were as she understood it, okay to do. It did however, sound like in that case, if Sen or Lin tried to attack, she would defend best, by sending them away, and it would count. Which should be okay. Lin could get them back when she wanted to. So at least that were cleared up, from both of their sides. Now came the other one, which came from Horu, whom she would then turn and begin to speak to.

"I did not look scared, because I can not be.

When we are made, we are shadows and eyes. Mother teaches us to be good children, and prepare to one day be chosen by a master, but not much else. The formed ones, like I am, are often ones to help teach us new languages, so we can offer ourselves to those with magic, that comes through our home.

Our masters are meant to teach us everything. How to live in their world, what the rules are, and how to understand everything. My master taught me some things, but the world changed when he were gone. What I had learned, did not make sense anymore, and I no longer had a master to tell me what to do, or teach me things. And even when he were there, he did not teach me much about emotions. He said he had made me sturdy, and tough, but that it also lessened how much I would feel things. When I tried to ask him what feeling were, he only ever taught me what feeling a  touch meant.

I do not understand what is is like to be afraid, so I am not. I do not fear or feel pain, like I am told I should. I also do not understand what it is like to be happy, to be angry, or know what love is, among many things. Sen and Lin are teaching me more things, than most others have in the last three thousand years, but there is still many, many things I do not. And I am not sure if they can teach me about emotions. Mother says that is something a master is supposed to do, because they make us, and know how it works."

Omen walked a few steps closer to Horu as she talked, curious as to how he would react to hearing this, and examined him closely, as she spilled the beans, as it were. Horu might understand that while there were benefits to her not being able to feel the bad things, she were also denied the good things, such as a thing as simple as joy. But at the same time, she were incapable of feeling sad or distraught over that, so it were hard to say if she were to be envied, pitied, or just considered her own thing. A lot of beings had said several things about this over the years, so she had probably heard things more than once.

"I think I understand liking things a little better. When I eat fire, I think what I feel, is liking things, but I am not sure.

Also, I do not see why I would be afraid of Fheng, even if I did know how to feel that. If he tries something, I can send him away. Any weapon he could throw, will be gone too, and he have no strange magic. He is not a threat. My master called those like him loud and weak, and said that it were not worth it to fear the weak. Then he floated off, when I asked what feeling fear were. I do not think he wanted to talk about those things.

You also have no magic, and he is going to control the hunters in town, so you are... Afraid of him, yes?"

• Brohoof 1

@Blitz Boom

Ah, familiar magic.  Well, the signature was all different, but the purpose and fundamental weave of the magic were familiar.  The clap of hooves to see out commands to intended targets.  Whether against each other or placed on the stone floor of one's manor, a favorite of Dawn's.  Her spell did not make sparks, but were instead represented by pale rainbow ripples to command her manor into action or those present inside of it.  A much more efficient process than sending out letters, scrolls or using dragon fire.  Dawn was able to pick up on this similarity even without her brother's senses.  Rising couldn't help but amusingly muse if Bloom had her own moldable manor.

The family followed Bloom over to the oak table sat a little out of the way to give the guards better positions for protection than in a more crowded area.  The curious tree motif barrel was brought forth and the family wasn't about to pass up their chance at the offered drink.  Each taking up a mug and doing as instructed.  Placing them under the downward branches to fill them of the Harrowmark delight.  Rising, Dawn and their mother gave the drink a curious sniff to try and gain a guess at the contents of the drink.  The father on the other hoof had the mug to his limps in an instant, throwing his head back to guzzle down the experience.  He placed the now empty mug down on the table with a hefty thud.  "Ho ho ho!  What a delight!  Our first sample of Harrowmark cuisine!  Pear cider you say?  Most fascinating.  Popular Equestrian fruit is usually given honor to the apple.  Pears are more popular in Vanhoover," the father expressed as pear cider dripped from his heavy mustache.  "Darling, your manners," Grace sighed, delaying her drink to remove a handkerchief from a dress pocket and reach over to clean his mustache.  Star couldn't help but let out a deep jovial booming laugh.  "Ho ho ho!  Pish post my Feathered Angel!  This is a celebration, a festival!  Let there be merriment!  Ho ho ho!"  Grace couldn't be mad at her husband and pocketed her handkerchief.  Time for the others to sample the drink.  The other three were much more subtle and took sips.  It was rather delightful.  None of them as exposed to pears except the rare instance they just came up in a dish.  A well practiced blend of fruit, berries and spices to keep it sweet and a nice hit to the tongue to keep it coming back for more.  "Delicious," Dawn complimented and Rising nodded his agreement.

Next came a strange dish, that took a lot of explaining to keep the family's faces from scrunching while doing their best to not appear rude.  Okay, it was cake.  Cake they all knew very well, even if it did look strange.  And potatoes.  "Can't say no to potatoes," the detective could agree with wholeheartedly.  A common tuber, easy to grow and it grew everywhere.  Great as both a main or side dish with some many ways to prepare it.  Behind a hayburger, easily Rising's second favorite food, even before sweets.  "You need to extend your pallet," his twin teased, sensing his anticipation for the taste of potatoes.  "Do I?" he questioned, challenging any written requirement for such a need, in his own teasing way, of course.  Dawn rolled her eyes with a smirk. 

The family was served first.  No need to be rude.  They all dug into the cake and potatoes.  Well, Dawn, Grace and Star dug into the cake first.  Rising went for the potatoes.  The appearance of cake was indeed a trick.  The layers of chocolate, honey and jam caused the three family members to "yum" in their delight for the cake.  Rising was experiencing his own nearly equal enjoyment with the roasted potatoes.

(edited)

@Blitz Boom

On 2023-05-16 at 4:33 AM, Blitz Boom said:

"Mother says that violence is never the answer. That hurting others, just leads to more pain, and more violence, and it never stops. That is why it is important not to fight, and to talk instead. Try to understand others, and if they do not want to talk, to protect others from them, until they stop.

The elder nodded with Omen’s assessment of Feng’s haughtiness, though he found himself pacing back and forth trying to figure out Feng’s intentions. There was usually enough for anyone to know he’d bully others who’d be considered easy targets. Outsiders were a new kind of prey, and the more he learned about them, the more he could posture. Having some esteemed position where he’d have his way was his insurance policy, and outsiders were looked down upon anyway. That was as good as it got for a starting point. It seemed like the siblings cozying up with Omen ended up giving him what he needed to mess with them, but Omen and her tongue trick was different, unexpected, and puzzling. If he got tired of messing with them, there was precedent for something like tossing them all out, maybe even exile if he had more to work with. Ghilan would need some time to work out how he operates, but it was a delicate balancing act. 

He can’t intervene for the siblings without arousing suspicions, but it looks like the three could handle themselves in a scuffle. It was how they responded to insults that concerned him. That and Omen’s naïveté posed some possible issues, though the latter might be amenable to hearing something that challenged what she learned. The elder would only mean it as a precaution, but whether it would change her mind was up to Omen.

“What your Mother taught you is a nice sentiment, but I doubt it applies to all conflicts. Sometimes, a bully wants to make you feel bad, and there may not be a reason for it beyond wanting to do so. Consider that talking will not solve every problem, and they will keep at it until you break. The best you can do is to never give them what they want. Don’t show weakness, keep your composure, and show that you will not be swayed. That is especially true for you, Sen and Lin. Your behavior earlier will not be tolerated here or when you meet with the elders. You will not convince anyone if you let your anger get the best of you.”

“I… Yes. We’ll watch ourselves. Is there no way you could do anything about Feng? Even just a little?”

“Nothing too drastic, but him bullying you earlier is enough for me to speak with him and the huntmaster about his behavior. I will do what I can but know that I cannot help with everything without making it look like I am favoring all of you. In any case, I should get back to my duties. Make sure you are all on your best behavior from now on.”

Ghilan bowed to everyone in the workshop before leaving, followed by two hunters that were present during the altercation earlier. It was fortunate that they were there to make sure the situation didn’t escalate any further, though the whole scene really got others talking for better or worse. Might have drawn some attention as well, which delayed Lin’s intention to get the rest of the tools delivered to the other recipients. Now seemed like a good time to do so while the huntmaster’s second was busy, but Horu found himself engrossed with Omen’s past and wanted to know more, though what he heard wasn’t all that he expected.

“Hey, everyone? I still need to take care of an errand, so I’ll head out to get it done. Omen, Sen, no need to come with me for this. I’ll see you all back at our hut.”

With that, Lin headed out but not without keeping herself alert in case the huntmaster’s second were nearby. Sen nodded, though they all knew that they’d be more cautious from here on out. After being warned and scolded within the span of a conversation, this would warrant caution in how the siblings conducted themselves. 

"I did not look scared, because I can not be.

When we are made, we are shadows and eyes. Mother teaches us to be good children, and prepare to one day be chosen by a master, but not much else. The formed ones, like I am, are often ones to help teach us new languages, so we can offer ourselves to those with magic, that comes through our home.

Our masters are meant to teach us everything. How to live in their world, what the rules are, and how to understand everything. My master taught me some things, but the world changed when he were gone. What I had learned, did not make sense anymore, and I no longer had a master to tell me what to do, or teach me things. And even when he were there, he did not teach me much about emotions. He said he had made me sturdy, and tough, but that it also lessened how much I would feel things. When I tried to ask him what feeling were, he only ever taught me what feeling a  touch meant.

I do not understand what is is like to be afraid, so I am not. I do not fear or feel pain, like I am told I should. I also do not understand what it is like to be happy, to be angry, or know what love is, among many things. Sen and Lin are teaching me more things, than most others have in the last three thousand years, but there is still many, many things I do not. And I am not sure if they can teach me about emotions. Mother says that is something a master is supposed to do, because they make us, and know how it works."

“I do not know what to say. You look so confident, but to not feel emotions…. I guess it might be better that I understand you and do what I can to help you understand us. Seeing what Feng does when he bullies others makes him feel powerful. It is like he knows he can get what he wants because we cannot fight back. Fighting against those trained to protect us is not a good look, and he knows it keeps us acting”

“He’ll slip up and make the mistake of crossing someone he shouldn’t. For now, let’s be careful and keep our distance.”

“I hope so. We could only do so much, and it is as Elder Ghilan said. Talking may not help if you face someone who will not talk. If he keeps bullying you and if you did not have to protect anyone, what would you do? You would be sending him elsewhere with your magic, but he will continue to go after you if you just send him away.”

Edited by EQ_Theta

@Blitz Boom@Kujamih

The siblings let Shark do her booping, giving a smile as a response, they may have been jaded to lot of things, but they had no intent to purposely shut down someone's happiness, besides, the overwhelming positivity Shark had was nice enough variation, and since she was not a threat to them, and her lack of personal boundaries was clearly from lack of understanding rather than ill intent, they had no reason to try to stop it for now. Her damp mane didn't bother them either, quite the opposite actually, it felt nice on their sun-dried scales. 

The kobolds kinda just glanced at Light in his attempt to hide behind them, being as small as kobolds were, trying to stay hidden behind them was just silly.

They weren't too shocked about Razor's transformation, they did make a mental note of it, but in the world of magical creatures, it was far from the weirdest thing. 
"We did have a guard, but she's in the hospital now." Trox stated, purposely leaving it vague, they weren't threatened by Razor's words "We can take care of ourselves, and you wouldn't be the first we turn into sushi salad if you tried anything stupid." she spoke nonchalantly, it wasn't a threat, it was a casual remark. 

For the swimming comment, they said nothing, but rather acted, or well, Trox did, Sheska sat down on an edge of one of the pools, her legs in the water, and with her hands spread water around her body to moisturize her scales, the only reason she didn't jump in was the makeshift cast on her tail, as making it wet would have made it even more prone to getting dirty. Trox meanwhile took off his shield and 'grenade belt', putting them near Sheska, and then with a running start, jumped into the pool, swimming around for few moments, with his metal limbs seemingly having no real effect on it, before dropping on the bottom and launching himself up with enough force for him to fly out of the water and land on his feet outside the pool with a notable metallic *Clang* echoing in the relatively empty hall. 

He then, without saying a word, picked his stuff back up and went to help Sheska by splashing water to few places she couldn't properly reach herself. 
-------------------------------------

Leviathan's lean in got glances from both Ruby and Charir, Ruby was her usual hard to read self, while Charir mainly curious, as one may expect, comforting gestures weren't really something either of them had seen or experienced, though it meant bit more to Ruby than Charir since she had understanding of how things worked for other creatures, and while she couldn't say she felt it, since she could barely feel Leviathan even leaning in, that understanding did give the gesture some amount of meaning.

Ruby waited patiently for Leviathan to gather herself before speaking "My self-control is not the illness, it's a symptom, I am not unhappy because I don't show emotion, I don't show emotion because I'm unhappy." "I also crack now and then too, you're just lucky enough to not have been around to see it." "The truth is, all of this, my self-control, my secrecy, all the lies, the game of pretend, my addiction, things I've noticed of myself lately, it all leads to one thing, control, I've come to realize that while I fear almost nothing, there is something that instinctively terrifies me, loss of control, being helpless, being forced under the control of someone else again." 

She met Leviathan's eyes with her usual coldness

"Why do I tell you this? I don't know, maybe I hope that it could help you to help me? maybe it's an apology for when I eventually push you away like everyone else? Maybe it's something else, I truly don't know, all I know is that I've reached a dead-end, and that I hope the ladder you're offering me is enough to hold my weight." 

"Thank friends, for help. Learn makes Shark happy."

She didn't require, or even expect a response. She just wanted to thank them, beaming with joy and innocence. Considering her teeth, and predatory instincts, it were fortunate that Shark were more of a highly curious, innocent mind, than the alternative. She could've caused some real harm in this town, if she had instead seen others not as friends, and this place a reef to call home, where she wanted to learn to be like all the fun friends she could see, but rather as a reef full of prey, and her the dominant predator. Sure she would have been downed eventually, but she'd probably have eaten or maimed, half a dozen ponies first.

Also, if Shark did touch them, they'd find her mane to be damp, yet soft

Light would observe Shark and wouldn't try to intervene and ruin her learning.

It gave him joy to see how happy she is.

He'd wave at Shark, who'd wave enthusiastically back. Yet at the same time, he'd also send a smirk to her mate. It had gotten really easy to get into his head so far, and it were far too easy to just let him pass by, to try again.

......:okiedokieloki:

(edited)

@Rising Dusk

On 2023-05-17 at 4:40 AM, Rising Dusk said:

"Ho ho ho!  What a delight!  Our first sample of Harrowmark cuisine!  Pear cider you say?  Most fascinating.  Popular Equestrian fruit is usually given honor to the apple.  Pears are more popular in Vanhoover," the father expressed as pear cider dripped from his heavy mustache.  "Darling, your manners," Grace sighed, delaying her drink to remove a handkerchief from a dress pocket and reach over to clean his mustache.  Star couldn't help but let out a deep jovial booming laugh.  "Ho ho ho!  Pish post my Feathered Angel!  This is a celebration, a festival!  Let there be merriment!  Ho ho ho!"  Grace couldn't be mad at her husband and pocketed her handkerchief.  Time for the others to sample the drink.  The other three were much more subtle and took sips.  It was rather delightful.  None of them as exposed to pears except the rare instance they just came up in a dish.  A well practiced blend of fruit, berries and spices to keep it sweet and a nice hit to the tongue to keep it coming back for more.  "Delicious," Dawn complimented and Rising nodded his agreement.

"A good apple cider can do wonders too, but I did not want you to begin with a sour drink. Certainly we have sweet apples in Harrowmark too, but they are few, and they have been sold as a hefty profit to the right creatures, after Twisted's fall, in preparation for the multitude of festivities that have erupted across our country. Pears however, are a fine fruit, that have much to give, and is something we have in abundance.

I have it on good authority though, that a fresh shipment of Golden Apple's Big Reds, were gifted to the castle, so I am assuming you will have a taste of them later. I'm imagining that Root Tooth is trying to get on her majesty's good side, so that she will feel generous, about ignoring his little snafu, at the last galla."

"I wish him luck with that. Mother is in a better mood now, than I have seen in a long time, but she have refused to utter his name since that incident."

"I assure you your highness, that if he can just get on a level of *Begrudgingly tolerated*, or even ignored, he will be more than pleased. It is retaliation that he fears."

"I wouldn't worry about that, but I can understand. Mother's ire is best avoided."

It might seem like for a prince, Necrotic were talked to with a lot of common-folk familiarity. His mother were spoken of with reverence and as a clear figure of authority, but he stood among the people. They talked to him with respect, but in more equal terms, and even deigned it proper to joke around with him. He clearly seemed to have history too, with several of them, which went against the look of his mother's wish to keep him safe, and within castle walls.

But there were much history there. Much of which would be found in books, if they did simply not ask the prince before. He would be open to speak of why this were, yet it were not something that he brought up. Like with many other things, he were wanting them to ask questions. Present them with things and his people, that they may become curious, and fascinated. He wished for them to learn by wanting to know things, and though there had been some... Unfortunate mishaps on their journey, it did seem to work. They were perhaps not glad with everything they learned, but still, they were learning, and they were absorbing things well thus far.

Necrotic were no fool. Even without having seen Equestria, he were well aware of the vast power imbalance between them. If Equestria willed it, they would likely be able to either overtake, decimate, or contain Harrowmark. And as they had been cut off from the rest of Scandeneighvia for several centuries, and were likely seen as inhospitable and dangerous, they would be unlikely to face opposition. Sure there would be resistance from harrowmark, and in desperation, they might fully fall to their knees, and give their lives to break free Suusha, that their lands might at least not fall in others clutches, but this were an extreme that should not come to pass.

Now, he knew very little of Equestria's rulers. From what he understood, they were benevolent and kind enough, to not wish to outright invade, or destroy another country. At least not with public knowledge. Whatever hush hush business they did - and no kingdom could exist, had they not some dirty little secrets to tend to - would be for them, and their most trusted to see. A full scale war, would likely be too much effort to go through with. That said, they did have a powerful weapon here, in Rising Dusk. A pony of extraordinary talents, that might well be able to subdue their country, and keep it isolated. He had proven his ability to meddle with gods, and even get the favor of one, as well as containing old, deep rooted magic. The latter not something that were planned of course, but Necrotic did find it a most educational thing to witness in person.

Rising might not wish to do something to them, but if his princesses ordered it of him? Perhaps. Perhaps he might even do so of his own volition, in case he - and by extension Equestria - saw Harrowmark as a country of nothing but threats, and malice. Surely they had much of that, but their country were more than that. Their people, were more than that. And so, Necrotic had set out to educate these ambassadors of Equestria about it, that they might see the splendor and rich story there were beneath the layer of darkness, and the people that might get affected, were rash decisions to be taken.

So he had volunteered himself. Taken not only his most trusted guard, but loyal friend with him too, to show them what the town had to offer. Captain Gerthrude were one he trusted with his whole being, and in time, he would promote her to being the leader of his personal guard. She were however, also one of those important figures that he wished for them to see. A stout defender, and an imposing presence, but one who did not cause fear around her for most, but rather respect. She were a shinning symbol of a knight, and while not the strongest knight or captain they had, the one he believed made the best impression. Why, she had even a chance to show that this country were not all darkness, but that light also flowed here. As said, not a situation he had expected, but it were very educational, for both sides.

The suggestion that the head librarian gave, on where to go? Necrotic had asked him, and several others in preparation, to point towards the places he wanted this family to see. The bustling street, the industrious workshops, a place of comfort and rest for him, and now, a place of revel and celebration, where he knew that their savior would get a grand reception. The order had hardly mattered. All that did, where that he directed things in the right places. None of them, were expecting him, but they didn't need to either. He wished for them to show who they were, as they were good people, that would show a good image of themselves, by simply being them. Mostly at least. There had been some trying to attack their savior, via nefarious means, but there were... Contingencies in place, if one dared to step fully out of the shadows.

As for Necrotic? He were a good pony. A stallion of the people, and well liked. He talked face to face with others, because this is how he wished to be. A future king that were unlike his mother, who valued the old ways, and keeping herself above the citizenry. A position he knew pained her, as she were kinder than she needed to show, though he worried if she would be able to find the strength to put down her guard, even know. She would think of the stability of their country, and so would he. His future, had been envisioned as a kind one, where he could do as when he were but a foal. Mingle and enjoy life, while being one of them. A king would be better liked, if the citizenry understood that he were at the core, like they were. So he were more casual towards many, and they in turn, were so with him, albeit they knew there were limits. There always were, for them and him alike.

He were less a fool than many thought. He might seem but a noble, presenting things well, and acting like one not exposed to things properly, and being unable to deal with it easily. Though while this had proven mighty peculiar, and the presence of Lothar had made him genuinely concerned, that they were going be a spot of darkness, that he could not talk through, he had remained of sound mind. But one needed to act naturally sometimes, to present a certain image, and he had been trained to do so, his whole life. The spymaster's lessons really were an invaluable part of royal upbringing.

Still, it did not mean he were not genuine. He were greatly appreciative of Rising and his delightful family, and he enjoyed walking somewhat freely amongst the populace now, in a time that he had not dared dream off. Sure he had hoped that a brighter light would shine upon their kingdom, than it had in centuries, but he had not thought it realistic, even if he had made his own preparations to attempt something. Though which monarch hadn't? Twisted were likely disappointed if the regents didn't try something now and again, to keep it interesting.

Ah, but to return to the matter at hoof, he did truly like these, and wished for them to be on friendly terms. Yet he were still the crown prince of Harrowmark. He had obligations to his country. And as he were far more approachable and less intimidating than his mother were, he had put it upon himself to do his part, in ensuring there would be flattering words of their country too, to be brought to the princesses of Equestria, that they may begin a hopefully long, and fortuitous political relationship together. And so far, it seemed to work well, and he suspected that none of his esteemed guests, knew much about his scheming. Rising appeared to be focused on things that seemed out of place, and Necrotic were doing things in a natural fashion. It were not as if he were some sort of nefarious, evil king, hellbent on manipulation and conquest. Heavens no. Just presenting a better side of themselves, in an as non-intrusive way as possible. Why if he wanted something bad for them, he would have ordered this cake poisoned. Hungry as the family were, it would have been easy, but why would he ever do something like that?

Still, he were not certain about Dawn. He did not notice her acting peculiar in any way, but he knew what were said of her, and as such, he did not believe for a moment, that she showed her hoof proper either. As a schemer, she might notice things as well, in regards to the things and places they went to. Quite frankly, he could not even say if her emotional outbursts, were not some play on things, and he found that utterly intriguing. Perhaps as she would deal with things, and eventually have her hooves in things herself, he would find a way to intrude upon those meetings, and see her work? It would be splendid, he were sure of it. She seemed such a delightfully fascinating mixture of flair and utter control, that he were sure that watching her at work, would be an art upon itself. It were not the only thing he found fascinating about her of course, but it were certainly an intriguing hook to reel him in.

On 2023-05-17 at 4:40 AM, Rising Dusk said:

Next came a strange dish, that took a lot of explaining to keep the family's faces from scrunching while doing their best to not appear rude.  Okay, it was cake.  Cake they all knew very well, even if it did look strange.  And potatoes.  "Can't say no to potatoes," the detective could agree with wholeheartedly.  A common tuber, easy to grow and it grew everywhere.  Great as both a main or side dish with some many ways to prepare it.  Behind a hayburger, easily Rising's second favorite food, even before sweets.  "You need to extend your pallet," his twin teased, sensing his anticipation for the taste of potatoes.  "Do I?" he questioned, challenging any written requirement for such a need, in his own teasing way, of course.  Dawn rolled her eyes with a smirk. 

The family was served first.  No need to be rude.  They all dug into the cake and potatoes.  Well, Dawn, Grace and Star dug into the cake first.  Rising went for the potatoes.  The appearance of cake was indeed a trick.  The layers of chocolate, honey and jam caused the three family members to "yum" in their delight for the cake.  Rising was experiencing his own nearly equal enjoyment with the roasted potatoes.

"Nothing wrong with a good potato dish, and there is enough ways to enjoy it, to expand your palate, I'm sure. As our main root vegetable, we use potatoes in a multitude of things, and have made use of them as such too. I am quite fond of these however. Roasted potatoes have a way of packaging a good flavor, with a bt of crunch."

Of course, he would still have a piece of cake too, and eat it much in the same way as Celestia, with a fork. Something present for all to use, if they wished so. He used his wing to hold the fork, and direct it to his mouth. No need to waste perfectly good magic on this, no?

"As we sit here, in comfort, and enjoy a taste of what is to come, might I ask something of you actually, sir?"

This question would be directed not to Rising, but instead to his father. An eccentric stallion certainly, but a taught one. One who would be able to look at things objectively, and with some level of rationality, he were sure.

"I can imagine our dear savior have a mixed view on our dear country, but you are a scholar. One whom the head librarian are impressed with even, which believe me, is no small feat upon itself. I quite wonder what your impressions might be so far. Might you do me the honor, of educating me a little, of your perspective? Be it good or bad, I admit to being rather curious."

=====================================================================

@EQ_Theta

On 2023-05-17 at 3:50 PM, EQ_Theta said:

“What your Mother taught you is a nice sentiment, but I doubt it applies to all conflicts. Sometimes, a bully wants to make you feel bad, and there may not be a reason for it beyond wanting to do so. Consider that talking will not solve every problem, and they will keep at it until you break. The best you can do is to never give them what they want. Don’t show weakness, keep your composure, and show that you will not be swayed. That is especially true for you, Sen and Lin. Your behavior earlier will not be tolerated here or when you meet with the elders. You will not convince anyone if you let your anger get the best of you.”

“I… Yes. We’ll watch ourselves. Is there no way you could do anything about Feng? Even just a little?”

“Nothing too drastic, but him bullying you earlier is enough for me to speak with him and the huntmaster about his behavior. I will do what I can but know that I cannot help with everything without making it look like I am favoring all of you. In any case, I should get back to my duties. Make sure you are all on your best behavior from now on.”

Omen would have something to say, before he left. Perhaps it were not much, but if he worried that she might not be listening, perhaps it would be enough.

"...Perhaps there is something good then, in not understanding?... I will need to think about this.

If you are talking to the huntsmaster, tell him that I will not speak with Fheng, but that I will answer questions from others. And I dop not lie."

It might seem like little, but he had planted a thought in her head. Not that Mother's teaching were wrong. Heaven's no, that was something she couldn't grapple with. Rather it were her pursuit of understanding emotions, and being like others were. Normal, as she called it. She had never seen much reason not to learn, and figured that even understanding the bad ones, would be a good thing, but perhaps her not being able to understand them, and thus act on them, made her better at dealing with others, and not fly into the offense, like Sen and Lin had done? Were there perhaps much to be gained instead, from remaining ignorant? Had her master perhaps even shielded her from that, knowing that she would be better off, as a being of pure neutrality?

It would have a chance to fester, and would certainly be brought up in her mind, in later thinking sessions. This were a side of things, that she had not expected to think about, and it would take some time to even begin processing that one properly, as minor as it might be for others.

“Hey, everyone? I still need to take care of an errand, so I’ll head out to get it done. Omen, Sen, no need to come with me for this. I’ll see you all back at our hut.”

With that, Lin headed out but not without keeping herself alert in case the huntmaster’s second were nearby. Sen nodded, though they all knew that they’d be more cautious from here on out. After being warned and scolded within the span of a conversation, this would warrant caution in how the siblings conducted themselves. 

Shrimp looked concerned, as Lin went away, thinking this were a bad time, in case someone would try to attack her again. He'd even try and go with her, but if she put him back on the table, or one of the others, or simply kept walking away, he'd instead go and climb, then cling on to Sen, chirping with concern. He did not like them being separate like this. What if one of them got hurt? He did not want his caretakers to be hurt. They were very important to him, and he loved them. Even if he did hiss and bite sometimes.

Omen did not try to follow. She did not need to. She could track Lin, and so, she would know if she left. At least if she tried to focus on it, but she would give her sister some privacy, and not actively track her, unless it started to take a long time, and Sen would get concerned.

“I do not know what to say. You look so confident, but to not feel emotions…. I guess it might be better that I understand you and do what I can to help you understand us. Seeing what Feng does when he bullies others makes him feel powerful. It is like he knows he can get what he wants because we cannot fight back. Fighting against those trained to protect us is not a good look, and he knows it keeps us acting”

“He’ll slip up and make the mistake of crossing someone he shouldn’t. For now, let’s be careful and keep our distance.”

“I hope so. We could only do so much, and it is as Elder Ghilan said. Talking may not help if you face someone who will not talk. If he keeps bullying you and if you did not have to protect anyone, what would you do? You would be sending him elsewhere with your magic, but he will continue to go after you if you just send him away.”

"If I did not have anyone to protect, I would just go somewhere else. The world is large. There is things to learn in many places. But if I had to stay here, I would just ignore him.

If he tried to attack me, I would send him away. Further every time. I am to understand that longma does not like to travel far away, yes? So if I send him far enough away, I am sure he will understand. Maybe I will even send him very, very far away, and then go and bring him back after that, so he knows that I can go many places. Nowhere dangerous. Mother would not approve.

I am not sure keeping him in our home, is a good idea. The siblings will not understand, and if he tries to hurt them, it will not work, and Mother will not like it. She teaches us to not harm others, but she still will, if it is to protect us, and she is very powerful.

Fheng is not, and he does not make sense, if he will keep trying. He can not make me do things, and I can not react to his taunts. Why would he keep going? Does he not like, that there are others that are stronger than he is, that he can not control? Does that make me one of those that he should not cross?

Hmm. Being here, is giving me many, many things to think about."

She'd manage now, but it would probably be good if she had a thinking session, before the meeting. A good, long one, to clear her head on these things, and set her mind in order. Maybe some of what she had stored here, would help to make her better understand things before the meeting?

"Maybe he will do something later, but is there other things to talk about instead? I think master called it *Wasting time*, when talking about someone he did not want to, for too long.

You saw ponies now. And my home. Did you learn something from that?"

She would tilt her head, and look directly into Horu's eyes, as she asked about his previous experience. It had looked like he were doing well, but it were one more of those things where she simply didn't know, and thus, she would ask, and try to get some understanding from that. Horu were an important one to learn from too. He had been acting strange, and said many strange stories. She assumed that meant that he were not happy about her being here, as she were from the outside. He seemed to be acting more neutral though, and the foals and him had talked, without bad things happening, that required her to close the gates out of nowhere. So maybe, this meant that he were now more open to her presence, as an outsider? If so, it meant that she could get past things, if she taught others that she were harmless. Though eventually, one of them would meet Mother. They would be the truly lucky ones, as it would not be something that would happen for all of them, unless they all went and looked.

...Maybe a group trip, would be a good thing? She would need to ask Ghilan later. He was the one in charge, so he would be the one to make that call, yes?

=======================================================================

@Catpone Cerberus

On 2023-05-21 at 11:05 AM, Catpone Cerberus said:

They weren't too shocked about Razor's transformation, they did make a mental note of it, but in the world of magical creatures, it was far from the weirdest thing. 
"We did have a guard, but she's in the hospital now." Trox stated, purposely leaving it vague, they weren't threatened by Razor's words "We can take care of ourselves, and you wouldn't be the first we turn into sushi salad if you tried anything stupid." she spoke nonchalantly, it wasn't a threat, it was a casual remark. 

"Oooh, spicy. I like it. Though I wasn't actually gonna do it. It would go against my agreement, and that would just be more hassle, than anything is worth."

Razor's first impression about kobolds, were overall positive. He liked folks who had a bit of a rough side to them. Made for a nice variation from the dreadfully boring ponies sometimes. Sure they were fine and all that, but ah, sometimes you just needed someone that were less dainty and jolly. The sort not afraid to threaten wholesale devastation upon you, if you got in their way. It added some fun to life.

*sigh* This is what ponies would never understand. Then again, he supposed their females were rather tame after all. Not like a proper river kelpie. Those ladies- Oof. There were a furious presence to behold, in all of their glorious fury, once you looked past the layer of deceitful charm that they draped themselves in. A wise creature did not anger a river kelpie female. Not unless they wanted to be eaten at the bottom of a lake. Not by the kelpie of course. They were strictly only fish eaters, unless they came from the ocean. But there were plenty of animals who could make use of someone trapped down there for too long.

Males like himself? Devious and trickery, but more or less harmless. That mostly only changed during mating season, when the males began to contest for the favor of the females. They did not just pick anyone after all. The fine ladies had standards. Well, the proper ones did that were. Others would *urgh* deign to go ashre, love-struck by a mere pony, and live their lives with them. Offspring which would all be kelpies, and that tended to cause some friction later, when it would eventually be brought o light. Messy stuff. Best if they stayed with their own frankly.

Anyway, these two seemed to be having some fun with the water, and he could go for another swim. A contest even, as it were, now that his swimming buddy were here.

"Well then, while you have some fun, what say you, Shark? Want to see who can first lap around every pool, one at a time, starting with the small one?"

"Shark good! I will win."

She'd nuzzle Light, then rush over to the small pool, and stand ready at the shore, wriggling in place, as she looked towards the water.

"Now, no cheating hmm? Unless you don't think she can win fairly?"

He'd speak to Light, and the kitsune as he passed them. Never trust new faces, or ponies, to not have magic, or be willing to meddle in some other way.

So they'd have their race, rushing around the bottom of the pools, then propel out of one pool, like torpedos, into the next, and then take it from there. Should entertain them for a bit at least.

The kitsune would stay away from the pools, due to this. They did not fear water, but they did not want to get splashed either. It wouldn't be good for their clothes, and frankly, they did not trust the kelpie to not do it. He seemed the sort who did such things on purpose.

On 2023-05-21 at 11:05 AM, Catpone Cerberus said:

Trox meanwhile took off his shield and 'grenade belt', putting them near Sheska, and then with a running start, jumped into the pool, swimming around for few moments, with his metal limbs seemingly having no real effect on it, before dropping on the bottom and launching himself up with enough force for him to fly out of the water and land on his feet outside the pool with a notable metallic *Clang* echoing in the relatively empty hall. 

He then, without saying a word, picked his stuff back up and went to help Sheska by splashing water to few places she couldn't properly reach herself. 

The two would go over after seeing this though, but to the two kobolds.

"Excuse me? Can we ask something?"

"We thought that the machine parts might mean water was bad for you."

"Is it bad taste to ask about that? What your uhm..."

"Your prosthetics. They look very advanced, so that means they don't rust, or shorten?"

"It's okay if you don't want to answer. We're just curious. We've never really seen anything like this before."

"Not a lot of tinkerers back home. I think the most modern mechanical thing we have, are a fancy toaster. And Lau Hahn, once called it a tool of malice, for burning his bread."

==============================================================

@Catpone Cerberus

"Fearing to lose control, is a perfectly natural thing. But living by that fear, is losing control in a whole other way. That's not gonna be easy to break."

Leviathan looked up at Ruby, a grin spread on her face, as she gazed upon her troubled friend.

"But we'll get there. I ain't gonna give up on you, even if you go into a rampage, and try to tear me asunder, or attempt to push me away. And if this ladder ain't good enough, I'll keep pushing new ones down, until there's a hill of broken wood for you to climb.

Just try and bear with me, if I get a lil' clingy. Might happen if I feel you're trying too hard to push me off."

Granted, she might get to a point where she had to defend herself, if Ruby had an episode, and tried attacking her. But Leviathan weren't harmless, and while she probably couldn't defeat Ruby, she could certainly manage to distract her enough to get away, and wait for her to calm down. Might take some time, but she were patient, and she'd come back. Even if she were about to be attacked by someone else, after she had done something really grizzly. In that case, goodbye Equestria, and hello Neighpon. They hadn't banned her from that country yet, so that'd be a fine start. Or they could go for one of the smaller nations in Equestria, like the Dragon isles, but they worked too closely with Equestria. Also, she felt fairly sure that Ruby would curb-stomp Dragon Lord Ember, if she tried to command her. Grizzly business, that they were best off avoiding.

"Besides, how could I leave you? You're turning into my best friend, and friends don't leave each other hanging, when the going gets tough. That's the sort of thing you save for dealing with chumps and goons.

Friends don't go telling on others either, so don't worry. I won't breathe a word of this to anyone. Not even if Le Perinne herself had be dangling from her claws, and threatened to peel my scales off."

Edited by Blitz Boom

@Blitz Boom

Necrotic would get to experience the Equestrian rulers in a short time.  The visit here by Rising and his family were not as ambassadors or diplomates.  The detective had no authority or representation rights, other than making sure he were a good guest of course.  Dawn, well she represented on her own self-imposed authority in the world of trade that would soon be opening up between the two lands.  Nothing that would be on the books, very hush hush and behind the scenes.  All authoritative actions in the view of the public eyes and written upon treaties would be done in an official capacity when the actual diplomatic visitors came a knocking.  Or should Harrowmark be sending their own to Equestria.  It wasn't for Rising to say.  He'd likely be back on patrol or doing paper work in Manehattan when all that came about.  

The Prince would likely get more along with Equestria's ruling body.  He wasn't as sure how the interaction between Harrowmark's Queen and Princess Celestia could go.  Or even that of Princess Twilight.  The Queen's more stern, iron hoof personality would be an interesting contrast with the other two's more, outgoing and/or bubbly personalities.  Dawn would likely be there, she'd have to fill him in.  Hopefully Necrotic would get to accompany or be present for that first meeting.  Their reactions in general to meeting an Alicorn, let alone one that had been ruling Equestria for over a thousand years, would be interesting in its own right.  And if the rumors were true of Celestia and Luna's grooming of Twilight to be the next ruler, the throne of Equestria could again be seated for another thousand until a new ruler comes along.

Necrotic had but one enemy at the moment to his laid out plans.  Time.  In the short time he had with the family in their visit for the celebration, the Prince would not be able to truly reveal Harrowmark to them.  The letter Rising is to send to Canterlot upon his return would be of the merest scratched surface of information.  The interaction between the two lands would need years, if not longer before they could find the true groove of coexistence.  Harrowmark didn't need to be all showy to Equestria right now.  Rising conveyed the attack on Manehattan was the work of a Dark Wizard that also terrorized Harrowmark.  Even with Minty's assistance, it didn't take much convincing during his briefing in Canterlot.  The Princesses would be visiting, or inviting, Harrowmark for a Royal meeting shorting after their return. 

Star Echo had been addressed directly by the Prince.  His inquiry long enough for the father pony to finish his current bite of the strand diamond dog cake.  It were a fair inquiry, but not the first time the Prince had asked this question of the family.  Star smiled.  Putting his fork down before reaching up to remove his glasses.  "You flatter me, your highness," the older unicorn began, becoming more formal.  "I am a scholar.  However, I am a poet and a philosopher.  I wield the power of word to pass wisdom and beauty of the world into art.  I do not see the world in pluses or minus.  Even out here in this planned out tour, even were it to last days beyond this splendid celebration, we would see nothing but the barest tip of a newly emerging iceberg.  I haven't yet the chance to read the scholarly works of your own land and my measured mark to any perspective is again limited to this celebration, the knighting ceremony and the encounter with the park dryad.  In my own ignorance, Prince Necrotic, I could do you no just service in sating your ravenous appetite for approval.  My son may have not been introduced to your land in the most positive of manner, but I, as his father, can assure you... he is the most objective and rational of your visitors here this day," Star concluded, slipping his glasses back on.

Star cleared his throat.  "Forgive my tangent.  Allow me a glimmer of response in my perspective in my own way...

As shadows receded, a radiant glow,
The land awakened, in newfound woe,
Embracing light's warmth, a tender caress,
Evil vanquished, darkness put to rest.

From depths untold, a transformation gleams,
A land reborn, where hope redeems,
In radiant hues, they find their way,
From darkness to light, a triumphant display."

@Blitz Boom & @Props Valroa

TWILIGHT SPARKLE

It most likely was as Macabre said and her magic was making her extra sensitive to the separation. Twilight took in shuddering breaths as she laid there and attempted to at least roll onto her front. She wasn't sure what was happenign other than knowing she was free of Cherish. "I think ... there's no need for me getting any remedy. I think I just need time to let it run through my system," Twilight said simply when she successfully rolled onto her front and tucked her legs under her. "Just so long as everyone is okay."

@Blitz Boom

DAWN STREAK & DAZZLE GLEAM

Dawn wasn't sure what to make of bright blue lines lighting up underneath Dazzle's fur, outlining her scales. She did what she thought was right at the time and simply stuck near the corner, quietly watching everything going on.

Dazzle though, she took in deep breaths. After a few hearty gulps the electricity she had been gathering dissipated harmlessly into the air. "Was there anything else?" Dazzle asked quietly, staring resolutely at the floor but the question was aimed at Scarcity. "Dust? Disturbed furniture? Possessions? Notes? Anything?" she asked the pony with some slight hope.

@Blitz Boom

AURORA LIGHTS

All these different emotions she never knew changelings feasted off of swirled about her mind but soon she shook her head. "Geh. I guess I got some research to do," Aurora sighed. "Is there anything you want me to do before I go and start that? Like maybe see what that gem ... oh, no, the gemling's gone," she chuckled nervously, only just now noticing the strange creature had left them. "Sorry. I kinda got lost in my own head there."

@Blitz Boom

ATZY & KARMIC FATE

Before they had a chance to test out explosives, Atzy grabbed the chrome dome and placed it over her head with a grin; not caring for the wires within it. She may be acting childish but it's hard to deny their enthusiasm wasn't infectious. "Lookee here! Shiny helmet for the explosives!" Atzy said giddily. Karmic wanted to say something to her but thought better of it. She turned her attention back to Blitz and smirked a bit.

"I have an idea. Maybe we could lob some of those ... uh ... ball bombs you have. The ones with the pins? We could chuck those at Atzy and see how she does." Karmic suggested, pointing to some in the pile of explosives near Blitz.

@Blitz Boom

On 2023-05-23 at 6:49 AM, Blitz Boom said:

"...Perhaps there is something good then, in not understanding?... I will need to think about this.

If you are talking to the huntsmaster, tell him that I will not speak with Fheng, but that I will answer questions from others. And I dop not lie."

The elder turned back to smile at Omen, seemingly noticing that the Ki’Nathar had her resolve made apparent. It was a good thing, too, as she had caught on to something that could give her an advantage should an unfortunate encounter with the huntmaster’s second happen again. He’d do her better than just relaying her message, but he’ll still do so to honor her request. 

“I will tell the huntmaster that and even put in a good word for you. Feng may be intent on bullying you, but the huntmaster will know that you are someone he can approach. There may be some security concerns at first, so I ask that you understand if the other hunters are taking precautions. It is for everyone’s safety, and as long as no one is causing trouble, you will be protected and treated like one of us.”

It was fortunate that Omen was forthcoming with her truthfulness and disposition toward being amicable to anyone that isn’t Feng, but it was a start. Ghilan could breathe a little sigh of relief, assured that the siblings will at least try to be on their best behavior, though Sen and Lin were more prone to acting on emotional outbursts if provoked enough. It will have to do for now, and if the two understood the consequences of that kind of behavior, they know they would need to keep their emotions in check. Once more, the elder would bow, this time only toward the Ki’Nathar, before leaving. 

Shrimp looked concerned, as Lin went away, thinking this were a bad time, in case someone would try to attack her again. He'd even try and go with her, but if she put him back on the table, or one of the others, or simply kept walking away, he'd instead go and climb, then cling on to Sen, chirping with concern. He did not like them being separate like this. What if one of them got hurt? He did not want his caretakers to be hurt. They were very important to him, and he loved them. Even if he did hiss and bite sometimes.

As for Lin, she would look toward Shrimp and see him concerned. She may not be entirely in tune with how he expressed his wants, but she’d do what she could to try and understand. The longma walked up to him instead of leaving, as the little creature looked like he wanted to tag along. A faint thought raced through her mind first, questioning herself on what she could do and if it was the right move, but there was that feeling of this arising from genuine concern.

Crouching down so they are both at eye level, Lin smiled and gently stroked the refraction. “I will be all right, but if it will make you feel better, let’s go together. Stay close, little one. I wouldn’t want to come home with you have gone missing.” 

Once done, she picked up Shrimp and placed him on her head. It was pretty much his perch whenever he wanted to see what was happening, though she wouldn’t try to move him back there if he preferred to hold on somewhere else. “I will be off for real this time, everyone. Shrimp and I will see you all later.” Sen would look on and nod to both of them, assuring them that they are safe for now and that there was nothing to worry about.

If he tried to attack me, I would send him away. Further every time. I am to understand that longma does not like to travel far away, yes? So if I send him far enough away, I am sure he will understand. Maybe I will even send him very, very far away, and then go and bring him back after that, so he knows that I can go many places. Nowhere dangerous. Mother would not approve.

I am not sure keeping him in our home, is a good idea. The siblings will not understand, and if he tries to hurt them, it will not work, and Mother will not like it. She teaches us to not harm others, but she still will, if it is to protect us, and she is very powerful.

Fheng is not, and he does not make sense, if he will keep trying. He can not make me do things, and I can not react to his taunts. Why would he keep going? Does he not like, that there are others that are stronger than he is, that he can not control? Does that make me one of those that he should not cross?

“The longma pride themselves in knowing the forest, but there are places that even they would not want to tread. There are places that we believe no one should enter or disturb, and we would rather keep our distance from those places. As for traveling far, I guess that depends on where you want Feng to end up. He is the kind that has a high opinion of himself, and he wants to be assured that he is at the top, even if he has to step on others to get that. You are different; he will try to know what he can to make himself better than you, but I know you will prove him wrong.”

"Maybe he will do something later, but is there other things to talk about instead? I think master called it *Wasting time*, when talking about someone he did not want to, for too long.

You saw ponies now. And my home. Did you learn something from that?"

“You are right, though. We will not get anywhere if we just keep talking about him, so back to your other question. Meeting ponies has been enlightening, and it was good that you gave me the chance to see them. The young ones are curious and unafraid. Are they all like that? It makes us look more cowardly if we hide behind what we think outsiders are like. And about your home, it was dark, and very little appears to happen there. Is that why your mother wants you to have masters? 

The look and inquisitive tilt Omen showed toward the woodworker was an odd mix of unnerving and endearing, as it was apparent that her curiosity was piqued with a tinge of what looked like an unnerving stare. He figured it wasn’t intentional, but it was what it was, and he’d still do what he could to answer. In a way, he may have found someone he considered a friend outside of his feeling longma, not to mention having gushed over her display of bravery. Slowly, his fear eroded and gave way to admiration and curiosity, and while many would likely chide him for being open with an outsider, this was one that he was surely worth trusting and befriending. 

After all, the longma appear to have missed the mark, conflating their impressions of Omen and not matching who she really was. It would be better to get the facts straight from her, and she has been accommodating and open with what she can share.

@Sekel @Blitz Boom

Magnolia would look down at Twilight and smile gently. It was almost...cute to see Twilight rolling around. Twilight was her sister after all, so maybe some sort of instinct had been kicking in? "If you want me to help you, I can carry you to where you want to go." Magnolia said with a slight blush. Twilight was a very purple and soft alicorn. Magnolia honestly couldn't help but resist and walk closer, looking at her. Zeehva could clearly tell that Magnolia had changed a lot in their time of knowing each other. From a rather aggressive mare - to one allured to help another.

@EQ_Theta

19 hours ago, EQ_Theta said:

“I will tell the huntmaster that and even put in a good word for you. Feng may be intent on bullying you, but the huntmaster will know that you are someone he can approach. There may be some security concerns at first, so I ask that you understand if the other hunters are taking precautions. It is for everyone’s safety, and as long as no one is causing trouble, you will be protected and treated like one of us.”

"I understand."

He were about to go, but she had little more to say either. Fheng would need to show that he were sorry for what he did, and as that did not sound like it were going to happen, she would be interacting with other hunters mostly. And from what she understood, they would be approaching her cautiously, like a cat. Or take others out of her path, in case she might do something? She were not sure, but different somehow at least. Long as she did not do something to them first then, things would be okay. Which should not be too hard, as she were not an aggressive sort in general.

Omen would watch Ghilan as he wandered off. He must have many things to do here in town, as the elder. What did that leave him, of time for himself? Probably not a lot of it. Those in power, seemed to have many things to do. Except for the princesses in Equestria. They were not often doing a whole lot of things, from what she heard, but then, she had not looked in on them in thousands of years. She couldn't really be sure about what were true with them. Though she wondered if they even remembered her. It had been very long after all. maybe she should go and see someday. She might not have their scent, but she knew where they'd be. That were good enough probably, for a start.

21 hours ago, EQ_Theta said:

Once done, she picked up Shrimp and placed him on her head. It was pretty much his perch whenever he wanted to see what was happening, though she wouldn’t try to move him back there if he preferred to hold on somewhere else. “I will be off for real this time, everyone. Shrimp and I will see you all later.” Sen would look on and nod to both of them, assuring them that they are safe for now and that there was nothing to worry about.

She wouldn't even have to lift him. The slightly floating serpentine creature, would do as he always did, once he got to the legs of one of them, and climb them, by slithering up their legs, a few inches from the surface of said legs.

It were a bit odd, that he did this semi-flying thing, when he did not have wings, now that Omen thought about it. In fact, she recalled that dragon for some reason, tended to get wings later in life sometimes. He were not a dragon, but were it the same with them? And would that then mean that he could actually fly, rather than initially use some sort of low grade wind magic? At least she assumed that would be how he were floating, as otherwise, she had even less idea.

Regardless, he'd slide up, and place himself on Lin's head. It were an excellent position to see what were going on around them, and for sooner seeing if there were dangers. Sadly also for cats to fall on him, but they had short legs, so they could also go after him from below. At least on top like this, they would not be able to just put him in their mouth, and easily run off. He also couldn't fall off without a warning, which would be bad, since basically everything and everyone, were bigger than he were.

Omen would wave them off as they went along. She trusted Lin would keep him safe, and that if things went bad, he would fireblast someone that got too close, while the two of them got away.

22 hours ago, EQ_Theta said:

“The longma pride themselves in knowing the forest, but there are places that even they would not want to tread. There are places that we believe no one should enter or disturb, and we would rather keep our distance from those places. As for traveling far, I guess that depends on where you want Feng to end up. He is the kind that has a high opinion of himself, and he wants to be assured that he is at the top, even if he has to step on others to get that. You are different; he will try to know what he can to make himself better than you, but I know you will prove him wrong.”

"I have never thought myself as being better than others. I am flawed. Imperfect. Not like you normal creatures. Even Hammond knows more about some things, than I do, and he only got his form a few days ago.

I think that most others, are better than me. Flawed too, but wise. Knowing. So I try to learn from them, so I can be better too. If Fheng had wanted to show the things he were better at, then I would have wanted to learn from him too, and been curious. But not when he hurts my friends. Tried to make me say something, without telling me things back. He is likely still better than me, in many things. But he is arrogant, I think the word is? He acts like he is a master. A bad one too.

If he changes, then I will speak with him. But he needs to humble himself first, yes. Although I am not sure how that works. My master is very powerful, but strange. I never understood much of his reasons. Maybe there were none? I still do not know."

Some might call it low self esteem, but Omen were simply being realistic and objective about it. She were a creature out of her time, who knew precious little, and learned rather slowly on her own, Sen and Lin helped, but she were still far from being better than others, and she knew it. It were why her greatest wish, when she had been asked, were that she wanted to be normal. To understand like they did, and live fully. She would have a much shorter life then yes, but 50 years of living life fully, or three thousand, understanding less than most school foals, were that a good trade? That were for others smarter than her to think about.

Discord did not make understanding things easier either. He had taught her what little she did know, in a world of chaos, and then he were gone, leaving her in a world of order, that did not want her there. She were a reminder for them. Someone who might bring him back, and so they chased her away, making it clear that she were not welcome. Had she been able to feel sad, she would likely have done so then, but all she had were confusion. About the world, why they did not wish to speak with her, what had happened with her master...

Sometimes she wondered, what would have happened, if instead of chasing her off, they had instead sought to teach her in his stead. Would she have turned her back on him then, and served the princesses? Perhaps learned how to be normal, had a family to show Mother, and been someone that could have helped Equestria, throughout the years? She did not know, and it were hard for her to imagine what it could have been like. Things would probably be different though. She were sure of that much at least.

22 hours ago, EQ_Theta said:

“You are right, though. We will not get anywhere if we just keep talking about him, so back to your other question. Meeting ponies has been enlightening, and it was good that you gave me the chance to see them. The young ones are curious and unafraid. Are they all like that? It makes us look more cowardly if we hide behind what we think outsiders are like. And about your home, it was dark, and very little appears to happen there. Is that why your mother wants you to have masters? 

"No. Not all of them are curious. Some will hide, if they see something new. I have been told it is because they are afraid, that the unknown ones, might end up hurting their foals. I think I heard the same about the longma, so I expect to be seen the same way here, when I go around town. I am not normal, so I could be dangerous. Maybe when they see me more, that will change. It does with the ponies, many times.

And my home does not have much, no. Mother says it is a place between worlds, lit and kept stable, by the warm glow of her soul. We do not understand, but we trust her as she tells us that. She also says that is why she can not leave. That if she tries to take her soul back, our home would collapse, and her children would be swallowed by the great darkness. She says she will not leave, until our home is empty, and no more children will come.

We need masters, because she can not make us whole. She makes us, but we do not remember why, and she says we should not ask. We should play. Enjoy our time with each other, and with her, until a master comes, and give us some of their magic. Give us shape, and anchor us to their world, so we can leave. Only then can we be whole.

She says it is important there are not too many things we learn at home, so we are ready to learn from our masters worlds, where we are meant to be. But formed ones like me, we do sometimes go and tell our siblings things, and show them stuff that we find. Some of them, Mother keep on large pillars. She uses them as markers, and we look on the things there, and grow more and more curious, of the worlds they come from.

We know there is more to things, but Mother will not tell, and I do not have to know. Mother makes us, and she loves us. She does what she knows is best, for all her children. The old ones, and the new.

I do know though, that it is not normal for us, to live as long as I have, after we are formed. But my master is very powerful. I think that is why I am still here, but that is magic, and I do not understand magic. It is strange.

I do not normally get to speak this much to others. Am I answering things right?"

Her gaze remained solely on Horu, as she still did not grasp that it might be bad in some's eyes. She just went by what she had been told. That you were supposed to look at the one you were talking to. Especially her, as her words spread to all around, and it might make it hard to guess who she were talking to normally otherwise.

==============================================================

@Sekel @Props Valroa

Zeehva did notice in fact, and had a small smile on her face as she looked upon them. However, Madamme Macabre would take this opportunity to go closer and whisper something in her ear, which made the smile falter again. A whisper that she would respond to with a small, seemingly reluctant nod.

Macabre would pat her on the back, and whisper something else, that put a more tired smile on Zeehva's face. This were a thing that she had to address sooner or later, but... How were she going to? She barely knew what to do with herself right now, and whatever reassurances and such that she were given by Macabre, and other members of the extended family, were nice, but ultimately didn't do much else, than making her know that some were already in the know, or at least suspected something, and believed her to need moral support. Which she did, but not just from them... Still, it were hard for her to break the news. Especially to Magnolia. She had so much else she had to focus on too... How could she drop this on her shoulders too? Especially at a time like this, when she were reconnecting with family?

Meanwhile, Alluria looked pleased as she saw Magnolia go closer to her sister. An instinct, to want to soothe family perhaps? Whatever the case, it were a good sign. She hoped only, that Twilight would appreciate it too.

"It is good to see you care so for her wellbeing. It is as it should be."

Was only a few minutes after this, that another knock would be at the door, and Soul would step in. He carried a box with him, that he would put in front of the princess, and open it, to reveal a pouch with licorice.

"Tends to help having something to chew on, after such things. Surprised it were you who sent it though, grandson."

"I intercepted it. I heard who were here, and figured I may as well meet her, and get it done. I doubt it will go better than with Celestia though, but we'll see."

Celestia and Luna both knew of him. Celestia refused to speak with him, and any communication to her, had to be through the Solar Guard. Princess Luna were far more lenient. She may not wish to be seen with him, for obvious reasons, but she had shown an appreciation for the work he did, and an understanding of the need for someone like him in the ranks. That were as good as it could be, considering her position left her needing to be discreet with those like him, so he'd take it. As for Twilight? She were Celestia's pupil. He doubted that she would act much better.

For now though, he'd just stand and wait, seeing what would happen around him.

=============================================================

@Sekel

See? A little patience, and all were well. Merely a minor emotional outbreak. Rather understandable, and it did teach Scarcity something more about this one. The half-dragon knew magic. Thunder meant either wind, or general weather magic. The former were not common, and the second exceedingly rare. She knew only of three, and only 1 of them, were something of note. A perfect example of what honing skills can do. Le Perinne did not count, as she were more a general magic user, so she did not count into a specific sub-school of magic like that.

"I barely got news myself, before you arrived. He have thus far explored the outside, and had a general look through things on the inside, yet have left things were they were. I can not be sure that there may not be a secret message somewhere, meant for you to find, in case you did return. Thus, the offer to bring you there, and give you a chance to see it for yourself. Hammond? If you would be so kind."

Hammond would nod, and jump to the edge of the table. As Scarcity moved, a small dot would pop into the air, in front of Hammond. Then it would expand, swirling open into a hole big enough for a pony to wander through, and on the other side? A dark real of moving shadow, bathed in a pale, dim light. Stare would jump back, but Scarcity would calmly just wander over, and straight through, putting herself in this other realm.

"W-What is that?"

"Marvelous, isn't it? This is where my dear Hammond came from. A middle layer of sorts, where he can guide us through from here-"

Hammond would jump through too, and not far from where he were, another gate between worlds would open. This one, would show a scene familiar to the half-breed, as it were the outside of her home. Down the left side, to be exact.

"-and to many other places. I ended here quite by coincidence. Someone wanting to speak of a vase, had another one like Hammond, and opened a gate such as this. I were told I could go in, and adopt one, as it were. You know how fond I am of animals sister dearest, so certainly, I accepted. He's a complete delight, and this place? Utterly harmless. Saves well on train fare too, I might add.

Now then, will you take a leap of fate with me, and come? Would be a shame to waste this path home, would it not, Dazzle?"

===========================================================================================

@Sekel

"The world's big, and full of emotions, big and small. I figure you'll sort it out eventually, by going around, and sample the table, if you know what I mean? Starting with the Cheshire hive ain't a bad idea though. They got mostly joy, but they have all kinds of varied ones, so they might be able to help."

"You sound certain."

"Okay, cards on the table, I've been there. Only once though. I kinds thought of 'em as a bunch of push-overs, but I was hungry, and my cart needed a new wheel, so I weren't in the mood to try messing with 'em. They had some variants there, in case someone came through, that wasn't the biggest fan of joy. I think they said that Pride were the one they had the least off, but it's been a few months.

I also played poker with one of her drones. She cheats better than I do."

"Hmm. I suppose that is as good of an in, as we can have.

Have you anything holding you here, Aurora? If not, we may as well go to Las Pegasus then, and further your education. As well as letting me meet another of the more amicable hives.

It is a city of gambling though, so have you any history, with gambling addiction? If so, I will be needing to leash you."

The two of them could get going soon as it were. It would take a bit, due to Happy's cart, but if they hit a proper train time, they could sort it into one of the back cars probably. Usually where they stashed larger things. Cost more too, but weren't that always the case?

======================================================================================

@Sekel

Both the Boom siblings laughed at the display with the dome, being used as a helmet.

"Haha! Maybe that's the next thing? Bomb-proof armor. I'll need to write that down behind my ear.

Seriously though, we the blastproof part are on the inside, so if we toss a bomb at you like that, it won't do much in protecting your noggin. Also, these things will probably pulverise you down to the hooves, if they hit you. They're meant for mine clearing. Y'know, safe stuff, without causing collapses.

I might be a real brainer with machines, but ain't nopony beating my lil sis here, when it comes to inventive ways to blow things up. Heh, just like our grandpa she is."

"He sounds fun."

"He really were. Got himself blown to ashes before Blitz here were even born though. Honestly a pretty common way for our family to go out. Pretty rare we get offed by old age. Heh, but better to blast away, than wither away, as our great-great-great aunt Magnifique Boom said.

But still, if it's a sight to behold you wanna see, then heh... What's your view on fireworks?"

Blitz perked up, getting a near-crazed look in her eyes.

"Is it the Drago-Whoomie Kaboomie?? Can I use it??"

Briar would ruffle her mane, whilst chuckling softly.

"Yeah, that one. Blitz made three of those. I had to lock up the two others, cause the first caused a freakout over the harbor. But if we go to the edge of town, it's probably fair game.

You interested? It's one of her *Pattern Rockets*, and it's real good. A fair bit more to look at than the bombs. Though we could bring those too. I think I know a place where we can blast some rocks to gravel with that. More than enough for testing this, and for seeing something getting blasted."

Blitz were at this point, giggling, whilst Pinkie Pie jumping around their guests, singing the word *boom* with a very happy tone. A special family this one, that much seemed clear, but friendly at least.

=================================================================================

@Rising Dusk

Necrotic smiled as he heard the poem from Star Echo.

"I must admit, to not being much of a poet, so I cannot appreciate it fully, but it were still quite charming, Mr Echo. I thank you for sharing it with us."

"It were beautiful."

Gerthrude raised a paw and used the tip of it, to remove a bit of wetness from her eye. Her pack did not see this part often, but still, none of them were laughing, staring, or even really reacting much on it. Might be she were their pack leader and captain, but she were also just a diamond dog. She were allowed to have interests, and react on things that others might not think were the case with her. It were disrespectful otherwise. besides, several of them had odd hobbies. Collecting small statues, bird watching, meditation, and Jackal, who were a trained dancer. Nothing high brow, but he did still enjoy stressing off after a long day, with a good dance here and there.

"Our dear captain is more of a poetic soul than I, and you seem to have touched her. I can imagine she will now go and sign up for your poetry collection in time."

"Reading it isn't the same as hearing it. I'll wait until there is live readings."

"Understandable. I can imagine it will not take all that long, before the bards gets curious, and begin to do exactly that. I pray they can do your work justice, Mr. Echo.

Ah, but as for something you said, I must correct things somewhat. I do not crave approval from you, or your delightful family. Yet as the crown prince, watching as we gaze towards a new and brighter day, I cannot help but wonder what we might look like, to those outside. We will need to address several after all, including our old neighbors, here in Scandineighvia. As the first outsiders as it were, to have come here in many moons, that then stand on this hour of change with us, you see things side by side with us, but you are bound to see things in a different light, all the same.

Our culture is old and vastly different from yours. So what does the land of Harrowmark look, to one from a country more advanced, that basks in the light? What might our differences look like to you? And in turn, what is there which you can connect with? Your perspective - all of you - are greatly appreciated, because it informs me of how we are seen, and thus, how we can approach the future.

Sir Dusk sees us from the point of our savior, who faced the darkness. Dawn in turn, does so through the lens of a calculated merchant. Yours is the words of a poet, spoken from the mind of a scholar. And later when we have experienced some of the theater that our nation have the offer, the perspective of Grace, as an experienced master of the arts herself, might well have words of her own towards our culture.

I ask no that you coat your words in honey. Both good and bad, what you have of words holds great value, and teaches me tremendously. Even if from a somewhat limited perspective of course, it is still informative. I can imagine that when I go to visit your nation, I too will see things that will challenge me in some ways, and gaze upon with vastly different eyes than you would, as it is but daily life to you. Trivial and commonplace for some, are exotic and mystifying to others.

Though I will admit, that I also just find it an utter delight to speak with you all. You are all quite charming, in each your own, delightful ways."

As he spoke, he also took some small bites of his slice of cake, eventually getting him through that. The diamond dogs also had their slices, along with potatoes, and a bit to drink, though not much. And when it seemed they were all done with this, the dish would be carried away, along with any used plates and utensils, replaced shortly after by the next dish. This being not a gimmick, but rather a common Harrowish dish: Root vegetable soup, with lightly roasted haycubes, garlic bread, and cherry wine. There would be a new set of utensils, bowls, fancier glasses, and napkins to this. Bloom would not accept her honored guests, to be enjoying a fresh meal, with old  utensils and plates. She were not a savage.

"The price meal I have to show, takes quite some time to prepare, but we still have things on the menu for you until then. This time, I present you with a classic root vegetable soup, with freshly baked garlic bread, lightly roasted haycubes, and a cherry wine from my personal collection. If ever there were a day to open a few bottles from there, today is it."

The food would be warm and rich in flavor, making good use of what spices Harrowmark had access to, though the selections of root vegetables did much too. Prepared correctly, they had a great natural taste, which played in harmony upon the tongue. The spices mostly just ensured they were helped in that regard, while the rest were also rather straight forward in what they were shown to be. Garlic bread, with a block of churned butter and a knife, arriving shortly after that were put upon their table, and a cherry wine that sought to bring summer itself upon the recipient tongues. Though it should of course, be drunk slowly, to fully enjoy the taste. They had other things, for those simply wanting to drink to their hearts content. Wine were meant to be enjoyed differently.

Gerthrude would join in on this at least. She loved root vegetable soup, and cherry wine, though she would at most drink some water. She could not risk her senses being dulled. She also did not sit down, but stood tall, gazing around, with the bowl in her paw. Woe those who thought that she would not be able to defend her quarry, just because of this. It were small bowls though, but that came from Bloom not wanting them to eat themselves full already. There were plenty of things to try, and thus, smaller portions were the key to allow for several things.

While this meal seemed more homely, than something from a restaurant, one had to remember, that this were a street were Bloom owned several places to eat. Some were on the fancier side, focusing on making what they could make use of, be presented in as fine and elegant a way as possible. And then others presented home-cooked meals, for anyone to sit down and eat after a long day of work. Sometimes, were that not all that one needed? Bloom were certain that the gathered guests, important as they may be, would find delight in that too. Necrotic did at least, who ate with grace (no pun intended) and enjoyed the meal. Things did not have to be extravagant, to be enjoyable.

@Blitz Boom @Kujamih
While part of the reason for the siblings' reaction to the playful threats was obviously their past, it wasn't too inaccurate first impression about kobolds as a whole, because while there was differences between individuals, generally speaking, kobolds were survivors, they were small, physically weak species native to what usually were barren and dangerous habitats, so they were stubborn and adaptive species, and with their culture being lot less focused on individual lives when compared to other intelligent species, they were very willing to throw themselves at a threat or a problem to see what stuck. Even someone like Chega would threaten a dragon to their face if she ever felt it was necessary. 

Other than that, their personalities had quite the variety, they had everything from soft goofballs to the meanest most sadistic jerks you'll ever see, the only thing they all had common was the focus on community, partly why betrayal was not only the worst but also one of the only things that was seen as truly immoral, even the worst individuals ultimately saw the whole above themselves.

The kobolds watched the two swim for a moment, it would have been impressive if it weren't for the fact that both were creatures of water, honestly, it would have been more surprising if they weren't that good at swimming, not that they dismissed the skill either, it just didn't impress them as much as for example it would have if the kitsune did it.  

"Cybernetics, and yes it is fine to ask." Trox responded with a smile, he genuine tone also confirmed his words, though before he started explaining anything, Sheska remarked jokingly "Watch what you ask, you ask the right questions and he won't shut up." Trox rolled his eyes at the comment "Same for her and medical history, you ask her the wrong thing and you get lecture on some obscure illness from 200 years ago." they shared a look and the Trox finally got to the topic "Anyway, indeed, my artificial limbs are not damaged by water in any way, without going into technical detail that only I in this room understand, they are models made for combat for the environment of the Night's forest which covers the whole empire, said environment being cold and humid, so they need to withstand change in temperature, moisture, water, mud, and everything such." "The metal itself is an alloy that while not necessarily entirely immune to rust, stays rust free with very basic maintenance you can do pretty much anywhere." "They also don't have their own power source and rather use the energy my body creates, so there's no threat of anything such breaking either." As he spoke, he moved the metal limbs in a way to let the kitsune have a better look if they wanted to, the extremely sharp claws on them really highlighted the combat purpose. being sharper than one could realistically keep their natural claws. 

-----------------------------------------------------------

It seemed that Leviathan may have not fully understood 'losing control' in the same way as Ruby had meant it, since while it was also a concern she had to certain extend, losing control as in going feral wasn't what she meant this time, though she didn't correct it because frankly saying even as much as she already did wasn't pleasant, bringing back the hazy memories of the past, she sometimes wondered if remembering would make things worse or better, she remembered who it was who did it to her, she remembered the feelings she had, the pain she suffered, but the exact details of what happened were hazy, and it created this weird disconnect of feeling hatred for things she didn't remember. 

"I know you won't, and even if you did, while personal, nothing I have told you can be directly used against me." Ruby stated, even when vulnerable, she was still Ruby, and almost 200 years of distrust didn't go away that easily, even mentioning of her fear couldn't really be weaponized against her since she didn't specify how one would manage to make her feel helpless "I would also skin you alive if you did, I may hold you in higher regard than others, but I still lack the ability to feel empathy." while the words sounded like a threat, the way she said it was...different, something in her tone revealed that she truly wished she wouldn't need to do that. "And for my part, I promise to try to be easier to tolerate, and to also try to tolerate things better....but know that if I seek to be alone in the future, it is not because of you two, and rather is because ultimately I am a creature of solitude, and sometimes it's better for everyone that I am alone for a while. "