Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open Casual stroll

Blitz Boom

@Blitz Boom

15 hours ago, Blitz Boom said:

"We will see what happens. Yes?"

It had sounded recently like they were going to see a lot of her too anyway. With the thing between her, the spirit orb, and clay place, among other things. Plenty of time to learn more, and see if she were all that bad, yes?

Sen smiled and nodded, content that he reached an understanding with Omen on Scarcity. He wouldn’t decide to suddenly act suspicious of her all of a sudden, but he meant what he said about being careful. As much as they have benefited from having a positive rapport with the mare, staying on her good side doesn’t invalidate being observant of her methods and behavior on the chance that it’ll tip them off to something that’ll give them pause. That may be all they could do, but every little bit helps.

As for Lin, she’d stay put in Omen’s room for a moment to see Shrimp being happy, giving her some time to rethink her stance about this old hut and what it meant for her as a home. As much as she had resentment for the longma, this place, in particular, was still just as much a home, and there were still some folks around who she doesn’t dislike. It only felt that way based on how many longma she considered as her friends. It was easy to forget that not everyone was an enemy in her eyes, and perhaps seeing the village might get her head cleared. 

15 hours ago, Blitz Boom said:

...If Lin goes into town, what are you doing then, Sen? Do you need help? Do you want to come? Rest, maybe?"

She didn't know what his limits were, so maybe he did need to sleep now. It were hard to know, without asking, and so, she would, whilst going over a mental list of some things, that she might be able to find and pick up. Though not all. Some things, she had put away, because others had said they were bad. It were best to keep those where she had left them, she assumed. Several things that wasn't out there though. Might pass the time to try and look after them.

She'd look down on Shrimp, yawning ever so slightly, and rolling up, on top of her box, for a nap. She wondered how long he were going to do that. Sleeping most of the day, eating some, and playing most of the rest. She grasped somewhat, that it were because he were young, but not for how long this went on. And how big he would get. Among many, many other things. Another one of those, she just had to wait and see the answer too, perhaps? It seemed there were a lot of those now.

"Or did I misunderstand something? Are you asking me to come with you, Lin? I can do that. You do not seem to think this is home, so it is bad to walk around alone for you then?"

“I just need a moment to check on the hut, but I won’t be long. I’ll join you right now unless you want me to stick around here and watch Shrimp for a bit. I noticed he’s not with you.”

“I’m not going to stop you if you want to come and have a look around the village with me, Omen. Maybe a few folks might say hi or chat you up. And about what you said… I just have some bad memories of this place when I had to run from home, but seeing this place again, I can’t deny that things weren’t all bad. I had father, mother, and Sen; my memories with them are still pure, and I don't think anything could change that. Sorry if this is confusing you, but I feel complicated about this place; I’m probably as confused as you right now.”

Sen didn’t mind staying around for a while to wait things out, though being able to say hello to some of the folks in the village wouldn’t hurt. He still remembered a conversation he had with Rosa about meeting a certain old friend and hopefully patch things up with him. There was a lot to say, and talking things out now rather than later or never sounded like the best course of action. How that conversation will turn out is what scares him the most, but it’s one of those things that must be done because the alternative was letting things continue to stagnate. However, that would have to wait, as someone was just by their home’s entrance.

“Hello? I heard voices in here, and I… Oh, you’re all here. That’s good because I need to inform you all about what’s happening, and I’d rather keep this private. I take you are all doing well?”

Fortunately, the visitor was a familiar one. Elder Ghilan was just passing by when he overheard some familiar voices, but judging by the elder’s seriousness, they'd have to keep the pleasantries short. It sounded like this was important. As for Lin, passing on the tools to the artisans who’d be receiving them and seeing how the village was doing would have to wait. 

• Brohoof 1

@Blitz Boom Pixel marveled up at the elder mare, she tried to speak and began to stutter, "Uh, uh, um- I... We," she stumbled. Glory gently scooted Pixel behind her, and spoke instead "Sorry about Pixel, she's a bit shy, we were just wondering if there was a place we could find a sort of shrine, perhaps?" she said politely, Pixel nodded in agreement and so did Sienna.  

Edited by Stellar Heights
  • Brohoof 1

@Rising Dusk

On 2/26/2023 at 6:50 AM, Rising Dusk said:

"How did you get dirty already?" she accused him.  Igniting her horn and wrapping his suit in rainbow light, removing the smallest dust and dirt that had gathered, but leaving the parchment.  Dawn stuck her snort in the air with and trotted ahead.  Moving past Rising again to take her place ahead in the touring formation.  Rising simply blinked in confusion.

"In fairness, with all the excitement of today, one could argue that some dust are being kicked around."

Necrotic would give a slightly more than usual, pleased smile towards Dawn. He were not sure at first, but her intriguing cleaning method, leaving the note, made it rather obvious to him, that she had not missed it. She might even have some idea of the meaning of it, and if so, she might be able to gander some amusement from his words. If not, he wouldn't say that he regretted them. It amused him at least, which he assumed should count for something.

On 2/26/2023 at 6:50 AM, Rising Dusk said:

Fun times were quickly pushed to the rear as the formation was halted at the sense of danger from the head of the guard.  Rising wasn't going to be popular with all present in Harrowmark, especially with those that benefitted in some way with the status quo he just changed.  Or even possible, fear of unknown dangers somepony able to take down the dark wizard could do upon their land.  Who knows what tall tales have already been told about the new Dusk Knight. 

The formation tightened, Grace fluttering closer to Star on instinct.  Even Equestria had dangerous parts of town, to some degree.  The detective took in this gathered area, taking note of the few creatures that quickly became alarmed to their presence in the festival area.  Hushed tones, rapid departures with constant nervous looks over their shoulders before they could move out of sight.  Curious, and yet concerning as they were in a food preparation area.  If they had purpose here, why the quick departure?  Most in the area were far too focused to be concerned of their arrival, or very little care with the large task at hoof to finish their food preparations.  Eyes were on him, all manner of eyes.  Rising was already quite aware of the dark land's use of familiars and other control works.  

The detective let out a slow, held breath.  Closing his eyes.  Close off one sense to enhance the others.  His ears flicked, hungry for new sounds.  He honed and focused his magic sense, looking for those signs that might be missed.

If he paid attention, Rising would find that nothing nefarious were going on with the food, and nor did any of the ones who actually worked here, avoid him, nor seemed nervous at his presence. The majority didn't even fully register he were there, as they were busy. Those who moved on, had nothing cooking related going with them, and even of those who then avoided him, most seemed to cast gazed more towards where they had been, which were the direction they were headed.

Having someone poison the food had been a concern, and as such, everything were vetted, personel and dishes brought along alike, to ensure that there were nothing nefarious at play here. If there were even slight doubt, the food would be discarded, or at least set aside, for a closer view later, and the cooks would be replaced, and potentially detained.

That were not to say, that some did not look at Rising, with some degree of fear and alarm. Some might be from former allies of Twisted, yet for others, he were a terrifying presence. Someone from the outside, who had come and toppled a 600 year rule, in a matter of mere hours. Sure he were seen as a savior now, but what if it would be more? What if he were aiming to take over, and that were why he had usurped the rotten throne?

He might not seem like he were of mind to do that, but if he wanted to, then who could stop them? He had just gotten rid of someone effortlessly, that six centuries of other beings, had barely inconvenienced. He were if not the strongest, then among the strongest creatures in Harrowmark right now, and if he came here with blood and conquest in mind...

It were not a majority opinion, but the Harrowish denizens, were raised on having to be suspicious, and paranoid. Helped to keep them alive, and now, it wasn't easy for all to shake that. Some would need time. Preferably outside of clear firing range, of Rising.

No, where the meddle seemed to come from, where the gate itself. Several guards and knights alike, were beginning to gather up, spears, halberds, and swords, held at the ready to strike, all facing a central point, where the traffic had stopped. Whom now wandered into town, did so from the narrow sides, then convened on a point beyond the guards. It were as if something were causing a wide bubble to form, where none wanted to thread. And soon enough, they'd get to see why.

The first thing of note, would be the animals around. A couple of dire wolves, and a wicker bear. The former two standing on each side of a figure, whilst the wicker bear were directly behind it. Though this one, looming and dangerous as it were, wouldn't attack, and appeared to be if not docile, then at least somehow restrained. Rising would be able to tell, that it were magically, with forced control, though the wolves were following voluntarily. As were all the carrion birds, that had landed on barrels, rooftops, and whatever flower pots and such, they might sit on, that gave them good view, of the area below.

A bunch of critters were present too, though better hidden, for the most part. Rats, glaring up from crevices, and behind things, with attentive, milky or red eyes. The magic of Harrowmark's necrotic energies, fell heavily upon them. Even those who seemed to be well alive, had it laying like a thick layer of tar around them. All centered around the center of it all.

The creature were a diamond dog. Medium sized, between what Gertrude were, and a regular one, like Rhodan, though more towards the latter, than the first.

He wore a tattered, faded leather vest, a checkered shirt, linen pants, and tool belt, from which hung a polished sickle, who appeared to have seen far better days. The diamond dog also wore what appeared to be a fishing hat, and a cape, where rough string and straw, seemed to have been used to patch some holes. He wore no shoes, nor did he wear gloves, and in his right paw, he held a large shovel. One made of semi-gnarled, obsidian-colored wood, and a head of pure silver. The shovel-blade glowed fainty, and eerily, while if you had a good eyes, you would be able to see very faint carvings on both the blade, and the wood itself. Rough ones, possibly carved in with a claw. The handle of the shovel, were currently turned downwards, and touching the stones of Copperhagen's streets, making it seem as if this one were carrying it like a staff right now.

He had something else too, in his other paw. It were covered by an oily dark cloth, but it appeared to maybe be a bird cage, judging by the size, and how the cloth fell on it.

The diamond dog looked at the assembled guard, pointing their weapons towards him, without saying a word at first. Just gazed upon them all, with his forest-green eyes, and a neutral look, upon his pock-makred face. Though he looked somewhat well, this one were not living. The pock marks were one thing, but even if Rising couldn't feel the intense, necrotic energies from him, or the familiar sense, of something dark and primordial, it appeared rather clear, that he had stitched new parts to himself, due to some mitchmatching colors of fur, here and there. In ways that didn't indicate a fur pattern.

"She should have been here."

He seemed disinterested, and unthreatened, by  the guards and knights. Same with the pack that were watching over Rising and his family, and were gathered closely around. Though he did turn his attention to them. First Gertrude, and then, from there, beyond, where he'd catch a glimmer of someone who did not belong here.

"So the executioner is here. She can't be far behind then. I can't imagine she would leave you this easily."

Even if others were in the way, he would be looking directly towards Rising, narrowing his eyes slightly, but making no motion to seemingly cast magic right now, nor move towards him. The latter being good, as Gertrude would then have swung at him with her mace.

"O-Oh dear, this is unexpected..."

Necrotic seemed nervous, and covered slightly more, behind Gertrude. Whomever this were, seemed to shake him a little.

==============================================================================

@Catpone Cerberus @Kujamih

On 2/26/2023 at 12:11 PM, Catpone Cerberus said:

"Give this to the guards when you can, I can't stop you from reading it too, but know that ignorance is safety."

"Better dumb and alive, than smart and dead, yeah? Seriously though, I don't read my patients mail. That's just unprofessional. I'll make sure to pass this on to the guards, nice and unread."

The nurse would pocket the letter, and pat on it a bit, to signal it were all safe and sound there. Wasn't her style to meddle with the mail, as it were often private in nature, and she saw no need to start being a noisy little thing now. Besides, if this were for the guards, it were likely important, and by the sound of it, she'd just end up wasting their time, if she read it. Possibly by them having to then scrutinize her for what she knew, and ask for confidentiality, etc. Best to not get involved in that, yeah? She'd waste their time, her time, and the patients time. A lot of perfectly good time, that could be used much better.

She tilted her head at the two kitsune, she wasn't sure if their actions were a kitusne thing or a kit thing, as she hadn't met kitsune before them, and while she was in a serious mood for obvious reasons, she did find it slightly endearing, and was actually a bit envious of it, because due to their lives being what they were, she and her brother had grown jaded, and she missed the times when she was as excitable as the two young creatures. 

While the kitsune were not small kits, who'd frolick and chase butterflies, if given half the chance, they were still young and excited about things, as well as looking forward to seeing their mother again, after a pretty weird, and now terrifying, start to being in Equestria. It were also some hope on the horizon for this, which they'd welcome with open paws, cause things were getting haywire, and they weren't sure what to do here.

If they knew what went through Sheska's head though, they'd be able to put that aside, and with a serious expression, say they were sorry that she and her brother had grown jaded to things. They believed one should live for the small enjoyments in life, and being jaded to things quite frankly would sound miserable to them. What were left in life, if that spark of wonder and enjoyment were gone from it?

After giving the paper and getting ready to leave, she spoke to the nurse a bit more "Thank you for your help again, it's refreshing to have someone else taking care of me for once." the latter part she said with humor, but there was also a hint of truth behind it, she had been the only one with any real medical skill for so long that she wasn't used to being the one who was taken care of. "See you later, and don't worry, the situation will be dealt with." 

The nurse grinned at Sheska, and rose a hoof in farewell.

"Awh, don't sweat it sugar. Taking care of folks, is what I'm here for. You might be tough as nails, but sometimes, everypony needs a helping hoof. And I'm looking forward to seeing you to lend more in the future. Especially when we get the mold sorted proper.  I can't wait to see how it'll look on you, so you better get back safe, yeah?

I'll get the papers to the guards before I leave. Pinkie Promise."

A bundle of smiles that one. Nice and calming for the kits, and those around her. Totally different thing if they had met her in a club, when she were decked out proper. In here she rocked a medical degree, but out there? Full on concert-goer, living in the zone. She really had to try and bring some of these someday. Probably not the kits though. She'd get in trouble, if she took some of the school's students, to a Splatter Raid concert. Those songs were not kid friendly.

The kits would follow as they were about to leave, yet they halted, and looked on, as the chattering began between the grown ups of the group. Which seemed to center at least partially, around Light having something wrong with him, and the others reacting in various ways. His mate being the most obvious, as she acted overprotective and somewhat alarmed.

Sheska also stopped as she heard Light's words,  "Speak up pony, I already have a magical kitsune ghost and a genocidal great aunt to deal with, so if there's someone after you too, then just tell me and I'll add that to the list." 

On 2/27/2023 at 12:29 PM, Kujamih said:

Light was happy that Shark comforted her, but also added fear on what THEY can do to them.

LIght would reply to the kobolt: " add to the list huh... If you find me without the scent of Shark on me kill it or run away immediately. That's what I'd do."

Shark wasn't sure what it meant, if he didn't have her scent on him, so... Just to make sure, she'd rub her face all over his head, and the back of his neck, just to be on the safe side. This should make him more relaxed, yes?

The kits weren't sure exactly what these two were doing, nor if they really wanted to know... This might be an adult thing, and not just them, being weird, but they really didn't know, and it seemed kinda rude to ask. Especially as neither were sure how to ask, without making it a bit obvious, that they were judging the two of them a bit.

"Uhm, did you just say *Genocidal great aunt*? Should we be worried?"

"Probably, but I'm more concerned about the Oni right now."

"...Yeah, that's probably best."

Did they know who the great aunt were? No. Did the notion she were genocidal, make their tails fluff a bit in fear? Absolutely. But at the same time, that might be a far away issue. The Oni were in town now, and the stories said it hunted kitsune, if it got the chance. They should be more worried about that issue right now, as it were a more tangible threat. Sort of.

"Were we going to visit your brother now? I hope he hasn't been assaulted by the Oni. Or your uhm... Great aunt."

Zhing felt kinda bad actually uttering that in the end. It felt like she should say something, and then it hadn't gotten out all that smoothly... Well, what were done were done, right? Nothing she could do to change that now. Not considering she hadn't gotten any good, at memory erasure spells. Sure would be handy with one of those right about now, but that were for the older classes, and it were considered rude to ask another to do it for you.

=======================================================================

@Catpone Cerberus

"Maybe, if Ruby of all ponies is hanging around you, you can't be that bad." she then turned and started to walk towards her house "See you around, but don't expect a gift basket if you end up moving here, not my style."

"Neither is it mine. Sides, I know how to impress ponies."

A bit of magic, some water vapor and a bit of style, and presto, she went ahead and shot rainbows from her hands, making a nice loop over in front of her, and gathering in a heart shape, framing her.

"See? Awe-inspiring, isn't it? Heh. See you around some other day. And hope you're rested then."

Wasn't a bad pony. A bit odd, but ponies, yeah? Seemed fine enough to her. Well worth spending a bit of fun time on another time probably. Seemed like she liked the dark, but to be fair, might just be she were going in to try and sleep. What did she know, yeah?

The moment Mystic was out of the hearing range, Charir whispered something to Ruby, to which she gave a short answer, before looking at Leviathan "There's something off about her, and now I know it isn't just me, she emanates danger, yet I can't sense anything odd, nor have I met anyone else with the same effect." 

Now she were honestly surprised. The little twerp, dangerous? What were these two on about?

"What, are you serious? She doesn't seem like she'd be able to withstand a fist without keeling over. Are you sure your senses aren't just messing with you?

Unless it's something magical... Can't say I felt anything, but that's not really my sort of thing either. Mighty strange though. She seems alright to me.

Well, there's a future project for me then. Figure out what's with her, that makes you skittish Seems like I just discovered myself a new spa partner, heh.

Not that you're getting away either. Seriously, you have to try a dragon-specific spa sometimes. You have no idea how good a proper scale cleansing, and full body muscle massage feels. I even know a place that can add in scale polishing, as well as teeth and claw sharpening. Makes you more shiny than a dragon's hoard."

Leviathan wanted to draw things away from the more dulled conversation, and towards something more relaxing, and potentially annoying, to Ruby. Still seemed better, than trying to think what were potentially wrong with the pony.  Could be nothing still, and these two were just paranoid, or it were a weird sort of like... Pheromones or something, that messed with certain beings? She knew some animals that could do that. Maybe there were a pony that had caught up on that? Hard to say, but maybe someday, she'd figure it out. Didn't seem like a bad pony to get to know better.

Well, either way, they'd soon enough get to other things, away from here, and that should ease things up. She were sure it'd all work out, soon enough.

===================================================================================

@EQ_Theta

On 2/26/2023 at 2:30 PM, EQ_Theta said:

“Hello? I heard voices in here, and I… Oh, you’re all here. That’s good because I need to inform you all about what’s happening, and I’d rather keep this private. I take you are all doing well?”

Fortunately, the visitor was a familiar one. Elder Ghilan was just passing by when he overheard some familiar voices, but judging by the elder’s seriousness, they'd have to keep the pleasantries short. It sounded like this was important. As for Lin, passing on the tools to the artisans who’d be receiving them and seeing how the village was doing would have to wait. 

When Ghilan had shown up, Omen had been silent, and starring up into the roof. It appeared that she had several options here, with Sen, and Lin, both having things they could do here, or in town, as well as her being able to go with either, neither, or something else. It were a lot of options, and she didn't particularly see any one route, being more obvious to take than the others. Nor more beneficial, or seemingly useful.

It were a fair bit of choice, and she had needed a bit of time to just stare blankly at something, and wait until the gears in her head would turn, and she could come up with an answer. Could well be that she'd first go with Lin, while Sen watched Shrimp for instance, then out with him after, and then she could go look for some old treasure? Shrimp could also sleep here alone for a it, as they all wandered out, but what then if he woke up, and they were not there. How would he deal with that? She wasn't sure, since far as she knew, at least one of them, had always been near, or almost near, so it were easier for him to just go towards one of his caretakers.

Yet her thoughts were all interrupted, when Ghilan would enter the room. A welcome distraction in a way, and a longma that were important in this town. Hence, he would perhaps be a good decisionmaker, when it came to this? They'd see. Sounded like he might have something else in mind though. Something important had happened, maybe?

She'd redirect her gaze towards him, and take a few steps towards him, trying to gander some sort of information from the way he looked, like how she saw Rosa did, when he met someone new. Just far more obvious.

...She got nothing. Apparently there were more to the way he did things, than just looking, and having answers?

"Hello. We are doing good, yes.

What important thing is it you have to say? Is it something with what Rosa and you talked about? I did not understand a lot of it, but it sounded important. He can not be here if it is something with him. he is doing busy things."

She'd look towards the left corner, her eyes moving ever so slightly to the left, for a brief moment.

"Yes, he is still there."

=========================================================================

@Stellar Heights

"A shrine you say? Hmm... Well, there's a few shrines in the harbor district, for those wanting to seek blessings for sea travels. I heard there's some sort of religious group, that's been starting to set something up, in the old steelplant too. I think I heard there were some druidic talk somewhere around the east Tanzarite Park too?"

"I know there's a waystone shrine, with some flyers for a temple too. Maine Crow street, last I saw it."

"Ah yes, forgot about that one. Though that one seems to be moved around sometimes, so you sometimes need to look for it."

The mare would point them towards the roads, and give them directions, regarding where the various shrines were. All that remained, were for them to pick one, and then set the direction, as it were. Ziggy were honestly fine with all of them. New sights were new sights after all.

• Brohoof 2

@Blitz Boom & @Props ValRoa

TWILIGHT SPARKLE

"This all sounds reasonable," Twilight told them a small nod of her head, letting things collect in her mind so she can sort them out later. "I will have to talk with you two after Madame Macabre has helped me and my ghostly friend out," she spoke with a firm tone to Alluria and Magnolia. "I am so curious about why you two are not on the family tree when you very clearly should be. Magnolia, I am sorry to hear about what our parents did to you and I really want to know why they didn't keep you. You probably want to know that answer as well." She wasn't sure how she'd get to the bottome of this mystery but once she had been separated from Cherish and recovered, she would love to gain some new knowledge about her family. It was previously unknown to her but now that she's in the thick of it, Twilight wanted to know more. The princess faced Macabre and smiled nervously. "So how do we go about getting separated, Madame Macabre?"

@Blitz Boom

DAZZLE GLEAM & DAWN STREAK

Dazzle kept watch around them as they wandered to the Bubblehearth Inn. While being nondescript, she gagged a bit at just how obvious an inn it is. While the dragonpony could see peace in the simple things, given what she's seen of the town so far, it wasn't exactly up to par with, say, Circle Pop's candy shop. She put it out of her mind though and eyed the squirrel before it disappeared.

"Questions ... how direct is she?" Dazzle asked her new friend. "I haven't spoken to her much other than her saying she'd try to find my parents."

"What is she like, this sister of yours?" Dawn asked cautiously, keeping close to the pair and not exactly paying attention to their surroundings.

@Blitz Boom

AURORA LIGHTS

"Emotions have different flavours? That's news to me," Aurora said in complete surprise, ignoring the reactions they all gave her to her lack of knowledge. "I don't exactly know who my mother was. I've been a griffin for basically all my life until now. Yes, I did change back ot myself when I was home but most of the time I've been a griffin. So any help you lot can give me would be great. It might have to wait if the gemling queen is impatient to meet though."

@Blitz Boom

KARMIC FATE & ATZY

"This place is so cool!" Atzy cheered, her wings fluttering excitedly as she went from workbench, examining all the different items and gizmos. "What do you do here? Do you work on the spiders here? AI? Forge? What is all this!?"

"And thus she is very excited about technology. Weird," Karmic commented, sticking near the entrance and watching her sister go around. "Well, hopefully Felicia and Charlotte can keep Atzy from destroying anything. Not like I can do anything about it."

• Brohoof 2

@Sekel @Blitz Boom

Magnolia would sigh and shut her eyes slowly for a moment as she considered the words that were spoken to her. "I don't know the answer to that, although from what I've been able to gleam was that our parents weren't always together. Both of them had other relationships before. Perhaps I was the result of...one of those relationships. An unwanted result, that was never recorded into history properly. Whatever their reasoning, it doesn't exclude them from setting me down a path of darkness at a young age because I had nobody to teach me right from wrong, or any positive role models to look up to." she said, tapping her hoof, as she said those words. She seemed almost...shy? Shy in saying those words, that is.

As for Twilight and Cherish, she'd stay silent on that - not wanting to interfere with the process.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

@Blitz Boom

On 3/1/2023 at 6:35 AM, Blitz Boom said:

"Hello. We are doing good, yes.

What important thing is it you have to say? Is it something with what Rosa and you talked about? I did not understand a lot of it, but it sounded important. He can not be here if it is something with him. he is doing busy things."

“That’s good to hear, Omen, and I believe the same is true for you, Sen and Lin. I understand if Rosa can’t join you because it means taking time away from his life to be here. Well then, I hope the news I bring won’t get your spirits down. A messenger came recently and informed me that the council of elders wishes to convene. There will be much to discuss, and I’m certain that the unfortunate events surrounding the previous elder and us will be part of it.”

Elder Ghilan gestured everyone to the hut’s common room and sit, as this would be a heavy subject for himself and the siblings. What transpired when Legion and the former elder Solasan were active was one thing, but the repercussions of having a vacated position, not to mention letting an outsider into the village, will definitely be a hot topic. A lot has changed in a short amount of time, and changes like these wouldn’t look favorably to the longma at large. After all, it did appear as if the village where the group lived had gone rogue. 

“Were you told more? Have the other elders said anything else about what’s happened?”

“No, but I can imagine what they are thinking. Between myself suddenly assuming the role of an elder and you two letting Omen into the village, they will want answers. In two days’ time, we'll be leaving to answer their summons; attend to whatever matters you’ll need to do because there’s no telling what will come once we leave the village.”

The siblings felt their hearts skip a beat for a moment. As much as they talked about this day coming, they wished they had more time to prepare. Two days may seem sufficient, but the mental preparations needed to collect their thoughts and articulate them were not something easily done. It wasn’t like speaking up for Rosa in the hearing, because anything they say now could affect more lives. A wrong word here could probably see them exiled for good, and that may be the least of their worries. 

Perhaps this may be the time to set their lingering affairs in order and follow up on Ghilan’s suggestion to do whatever needs to be done now. The way he said it may not have been intended to be ominous, but it certainly felt like it. Deep down, Sen and Lin were paralyzed by how sudden this all was, especially the former. They were left speechless for a while until Ghilan chimed in once more.

“Do you have any questions while I’m still here? I’ll do what I can to ease your worries and answer as best I could.”

“Is there anything we can do to make sure Omen is safe? She may be able to walk around without getting hurt here, but I doubt the same could be true once we reach... wherever it is we’re going.”

“No, not without making things look like I’m playing favorites. We’re walking a tricky path now, so anything that stands out will be enough to leave an impression on others. It may be best to leave that to you; after all, who will she trust more? Some random guard I assign to her or you two? I trust this a sensible arrangement, Omen?”

Edited by EQ_Theta
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

@Sekel @Props ValRoa

On 3/2/2023 at 4:27 AM, Sekel said:

"I am so curious about why you two are not on the family tree when you very clearly should be. Magnolia, I am sorry to hear about what our parents did to you and I really want to know why they didn't keep you. You probably want to know that answer as well."

"I would like to know the same. Just as I'd like to know why four generations have ignored my letters. I find it rather rude, I must say."

There could be many reasons, why she were not on the family tree honestly. The pestering might have made one petty. Records could have gone missing, or burned, as it were centuries ago that she were alive. Her good for nothing cousin had her struck off... She swore, if it were him, and she ran into him someday, in the afterlife, she were going to drag his sorry rear across whatever place it were, til she found a stump, or box, to set him upon, and then school him til he felt smaller than a field mouse. They never liked one another, but that were simply going too far.

On 3/2/2023 at 6:55 AM, Magnolia said:

Magnolia would sigh and shut her eyes slowly for a moment as she considered the words that were spoken to her. "I don't know the answer to that, although from what I've been able to gleam was that our parents weren't always together. Both of them had other relationships before. Perhaps I was the result of...one of those relationships. An unwanted result, that was never recorded into history properly. Whatever their reasoning, it doesn't exclude them from setting me down a path of darkness at a young age because I had nobody to teach me right from wrong, or any positive role models to look up to." she said, tapping her hoof, as she said those words. She seemed almost...shy? Shy in saying those words, that is.

"We will find an answer, and some level of closure for you, Magnolia. You yet live, so there is time for you to change, be accepted, and remain a better pony for it. That friend of yours for instance. She seems a good influence on you, and one who put a not insignificant degree of trust and faith in you. Remember that, if ever you feel unwanted. I have at least found, that it can help to remember, that there are those who care for your, on days when the horizon seems glum."

Aluria had gotten and lost friends. Several generations worth in fact, which left her with some periods, of feeling rather lonely, as well as sad, that she had lost one, whom meant a great deal to her. Other days still, she simply felt down in the slumps, with her whole situation, of being eternally stuck like this. Yet others would come, and help to clear those dark skies from her mind, and she were thankful for them all. Including Stitch, who could seem obnoxious at times, but really did care quite a bit, of the mood and needs of her family, and their associates.

Though her touch were cold, she would go to her distraught descendant, and embrace her for a few seconds. It might help her a little, in Aluria's hopeful mind.

On 3/2/2023 at 4:27 AM, Sekel said:

"So how do we go about getting separated, Madame Macabre?"

"It is a simple process. Follow."

She would lead them out of this tower, to the outside, and then to a smaller building on the right, about two minutes walk from the main building they had come from. Small and seeming more like a training hall, or meditation chamber. Maybe a sports arena? While there were pots, plants, decorations and such now, there did seem to be scuffle around, indicating things did happen here. Not right now though, and when they had arrived, she would instruct Twilight to stand at the center, then for Cherish to stand as far away as her tether allowed.

"You two are bound currently. Two souls, connected to the same body. And there is but one way to change that."

Her horn would glow, and her scythe would float from her side, and unfold. The blade beginning to glow an eerie white.

"Brace yourself. This will hurt."

With that, she'd rush the scythe forth, to a point between the two, and have it slice down. And to say it were going to hurt, would be an understatement. Albeit it would last but a half dozen seconds, as they'd both recalibrate, they were still both having part of their connected souls cut away. It would be a burning, sharp pain in the very core of their being, and Cherish at least, would begin to scream in agony, whilst her voice became inaudible, and she flickered out of sight. It shouldn't be as bad for Twilight, but it would still be like her soul would be tossed through a tube of molten glass shards. Though the pain would end soon, with no lingering, aching pain.

"That... That was the worst thing I have e-ever experienced."

She were not visible, but Cherish's voice would be heard at least, so she wasn't dead... Er.

==============================================================================================

@Sekel

"Scarcity is as direct as she wants to be. Mostly she doesn't beat around the bush a lot, unless it is business, far as I know. And sometimes, she can be a little uhm... Brutally honest. I don't see that a lot though. It's mostly just when she tries to make a point, or doesn't like somepony.

After what she made happen to the rest of our family... She told me after, that she didn't cuss a single time, nor even laughed, or screamed in their face, because the look in their eyes as she explained in details, how many ways she had beaten them, were more hurtful to them, and satisfying to her, than any threat, or emotional outburst, could have ever caused.

She's... Scary sometimes, if I'm honest. But she's not gonna hurt us. Long as you treat her with respect, she'll do the same in kind."

She'd open the door, and reveal a rather plain looking room. Her sister had not gone for a luxurious hotel, that much were certain, but what need had she for that either? She could enjoy a local establishment on the lower end just fine. Nice and cozy, when she had need of it. Such as now, where she sat with a bunch of paperwork at a desk, and as they entered, would push a folder to the side, whilst smiling at her visitors.

One who did not smile though, were the other in the room. A male pegasus, wearing a modified Solar Guard uniform, that marked it as being unofficial. He had a sword down the side, and a general impression of stone cold, and looming, despite being roughly the same size as Scarcity.

There were also one other. A black and grey creature, sitting on Scarcity's shoulder. It looked like a squirrel, with long ears, and webbed hands and feet. It did however, also seem to have a third eye, as pale as the two others, vertically in the middle of its forehead. It seemed friendly though, and just looked at them curiously.

"Sister dearest. So nice to see you again. And so soon too. Your friends hold questions, I can imagine?"

"Yes, they uhm... They do.

Hello, Brick Wall."

She'd wave at Brick, who'd give a grunt, and a nod, in response. Never were a talkative sort that one....

"My body guard, if you wonder. And this is my newest little darling, Hammond. One of several, whom I wish for you to meet, Stare, yet all in due time. I believe there were questions to answer, yes? Do come in then, and ask away. I hold several answers, if you have the right questions."

====================================================================================

@Sekel

Upon saying that she did not know emotions had different flavors, all three changelings looked at her, as if they were uncertain to laugh or weep.

"Okay, we haven't eaten emotions since before we went into that cave, and even we knew that they have different tastes."

"And different effects on your overall everything, once you chomp on it too much.

Seriously Aurora, we need to get you somewhere with a lot of emotions you can snack on, and get a taste for the whole buffet. I'm thinking karaoke night, in Las Pegasus. There's a plethora of stuff there, and most are too hammered to notice if you had a taste.."

"How have you survived for this long, without tasting enough emotions, to notice a difference?"

Onache were a little... Direct perhaps, but it were a fair question. How had Aurora made it this far, without knowing this? Had she only ever eaten 1 type of emotion, and thought that were it? If so, she really needed an emotional buffet. She would never find her own hoofing, if she only ever had tried one kind. Even if it would be her main emotion, it would take away context and nuance, she'd need to hone in better.

Seemed there were going to be quite a lot to sort out with her, as time went on. But they could sort it, long as she would take to heart, what would be taught.

"Our queens would be pleased to speak when you are able, but there is no rush. If you need this addressed first, they instructed us to give a place, where she could be met instead, when time fitted better."

==================================================

@Sekel

"We do all our work in here. It's the only safe spot for it. Can't have folks trying to copy our work, y'know? And not just cause of patents and stuff. A fair bit of the things we work on, if tinkered with by somepony who doesn't know what they're doing, would cause some real damage.

I especially ain't trusting anypony with the AI making process. All it takes are one who forget to add the proper morale and restrictions, and we'll have a dangerous mind, bent on scouring all life from the planet. Had to smash a few of my later prototypes, because they were going that direction. Ain't good.

Also, can't show you how that stuff's made. Some things, I just can't be risking. But I can show you how to make a metallic squirrel, or an imploding hexagon containment sphere?

And you're half right. I made Felicia here. Carmen's from our old home."

A brief sadness went over him, as he though of that, before he seemingly pushed it away, and went over to show the excited changeling, how the seal pet could be activated, and how it would seek out those near it, to offer non-verbal comfort. A bit of a side project, to end up as a hospital comforting pet, sort of thing. He still needed to add some fur and other aesthetic things, to make it look cuter, but the internal stuff were more or less done, so that were the hardest part.

Meanwhile, Blitz would stay over with Karmic, and try to be hospitable to her. She could do this! Maybe.

"Carmen's too small to stop too much trouble, but Felicia does it lots, especially when big bro is about to do something she thinks is stupid. There's also uhm... Oooh, I can't remember her name right now, but she's somewhere else right now.

Wanna learn how to make a bomb?"

Blitz looked up at the mare gleefully as she asked this, hoping that the mare would say yes. It'd be fun to share a kaboomie with somepony new. Or some fireworks. That's be nice too. Just anything really. Especially anything explodey!

=================================================================

@EQ_Theta

Omen listened in, as the elder came around, to give the news. It sounded good though, so the reaction from Sen and Lin confused her, as they seemed to be against it. Did they think there were some kind of danger? Were they nervous about something?

"I do not see a problem with it. Should I? I thought all of the big words, were about getting the elders to meet up, and that would be a good thing. Them asking questions, should not be bad, right?

And if something happens, I can just go away. I can take you with me too. So there is no danger, right?"

She didn't grasp the concepts that they might be worried about being exiled, as she went under the assumption that her being able to take them away, would mean that she could keep them safe, and thus, there were not any danger. The broader repercussions however, did not come in mind for her currently, which were a bit of an issue, as those were rather troubling for them. It would impact their lives substantially, due to being cut off from family, friends, and their home. Which would be worst for Ghilan, as he were established well, whereas Sen and Lin had experience being exiles, and were barely trying to settle back here.

"So two days... Should I tell Rosa that, when he is done working? He seems smart. Maybe he can help us prepare?

Is there anything I need to do for that? What sort of thing should I be expecting will happen? And is there things I should not talk about, or do? It seems a lot of times now, I am asked to not do something, since it can be bad for others to see. Is there something like that here too? I do not want to make things go bad, but I do not understand this place, or most longma. I do not even remember when I were here first, so I am not sure I could answer things, if they would ask me about what happened, the first time I were told I were here."

This might prove a bit of an issue, as Omen had cleared her mind earlier, when it came to dealing with Salosan, and the orb. Left a lot of memories she hadn't sorted through, as mostly vanished, with a few scattered pieces here and there, to which she had no context. So if the elders wanted to question what happened that day, she were not sure how to answer that. Lie? She were told many times, to not lie. That it would be bad. But being quiet were bad too, yes?

Why did everything have to be so complicated sometimes?

Edited by Blitz Boom
  • Brohoof 1

@Blitz Boom@Kujamih
While Sheska of course appreciated the professionalism, she wouldn't really have cared if the nurse would have read it, it wasn't like there was anything personal in there, in fact, if it would have been personal, she rather have the nurse read it over any guard. Her comment was mainly about the nurse's own safety, since the 'Oni' seemed like the kind that could decide to go after anyone who knows about it, that and the guards may not like when civilians read things meant for them. 

She waved her hand as acknowledgement to the nurse's last words, she didn't know exactly what pinkie promise meant due to it not being a thing in their culture, but she assumed it was some kind of stronger promise, an idea which was actually slightly abhorrent to her, because to loyalty based species like kobolds, the implication that there are promises that are acceptable to break was detestable.

"So evil doppelganger, of course." Sheska calmly said to Light's response, to her, it was both new and old as a thing, doppelgangers were present in stories in their world too, but she had never actually seen one in action, siblings with differing opinions yes, infiltrators and spies pretending to be someone else yes, but actual doppelganger, no. She didn't question it either, because while in usual situation she would have doubted it, with what she now knew about other worlds existing, and the fact that Light had mentioned he was from a different world too, it was actually perfectly logical, minus the evil part of course, but hey, different life, different morals, even when talking about the same individual. 

To the kits' question, Sheska shrugged "I would love to say you don't have to worry, but I frankly have no idea if you should, that lizard is so out of her mind that even the living embodiment of foresight couldn't try to guess what she does next." "But you're probably fine if you stay out of her way." 

"And yes, that is the next destination." she started to lead the way again, she wasn't offended in any way by the latter statement "And don't worry about my brother, we have seen lot worse than some magical ghost, the 'aunt' is also not a threat to us, still thinks we are family, but we aren't, in fact, calling her great aunt is bit misleading, she's great aunt from so many generations up that it would be more accurate to call her a sister of an ancestor." she was keeping her words child friendly, but she couldn't hide her hatred in her voice and demeanor "We have so little of that traitor's blood in us that a best friend would be closer blood relative." 

-------------------------------------

Mystic's reaction to the rainbow wasn't clear since she was back towards them at that moment, and she didn't say or do anything obvious, she just waved with her wing and continued walking. 

"That's exactly why it bothers me, usually there's an obvious reason for the feeling." She had considered the chance for it to be a mistake from her instincts, but now that Charir had felt it too it was unlikely to be a mistake. "For your spa offer, you are forgetting our biological differences, feeling on my scales is very limited, it works as an armor after all, and muscles, good luck trying to reach them through the harder than steel exterior, I also don't eat rocks like the locals, so my teeth don't get dull, claws I sharpen myself, besides, my claws are more likely to sharpen the tools than the other way around." "Only way I can see any spa as much as make me feel something, is said spa using magic." surprisingly enough, Ruby was actually quite neutral about something like visiting a spa in her true form, she didn't necessarily have a strong want to do so, but she also had no real things against it besides it seeming pointless to her for mentioned reasons, spas didn't exist in their culture, so there was no social stereotype relating to them, or relaxing in general, as most didn't have a chance to even consider it to exist. 

• Brohoof 1

@Blitz Boom @Catpone Cerberus

I'll get the papers to the guards before I leave. Pinkie Promise."

Light got goosebumps as he hears this words.

Shark wasn't sure what it meant, if he didn't have her scent on him, so... Just to make sure, she'd rub her face all over his head, and the back of his neck, just to be on the safe side. This should make him more relaxed, yes?

Light would enjoy and cuddle a bit.

13 hours ago, Catpone Cerberus said:

So evil doppelganger, of course."

"Evil, yes. Doppelgangers, no. They're more me than anything else. They're me from another dimension." Light explained.

13 hours ago, Catpone Cerberus said:

We have so little of that traitor's blood in us that a best friend would be closer blood relative." 

" So that makes us cousins right?" Light jested with a grin in his face.

• Brohoof 1

@Blitz Boom

On 3/4/2023 at 6:39 AM, Blitz Boom said:

"I do not see a problem with it. Should I? I thought all of the big words, were about getting the elders to meet up, and that would be a good thing. Them asking questions, should not be bad, right?

And if something happens, I can just go away. I can take you with me too. So there is no danger, right?"

“Normally, it would be good for us to be there and explain things to them. The problem is what might happen if we mess this up. We didn’t think it would happen so soon, so just need to be sure of what they’ll ask and how we’ll answer. However, we won’t know what exactly will happen if things do go bad, especially if it doesn’t put us in immediate danger. Let’s see how that plays out before we do anything.”

Ghilan was glad to hear about the siblings’ more cautious approach to this matter and the patience needed to guide Omen through this line of questioning. Perhaps it may not be them he has to worry about, but the long-term repercussions of him assuming his role as elder outside of normal processes. He may have stepped up when the village needed one, but some will see that act as a usurpation, something deeply frowned upon by those who hold fast to tradition. Knowing the council, this was pretty much their stance. 

This was the moment to plan their days ahead before they head off into an uncertain future. Sen knew he had to make some stops and have some much-needed conversations, while Lin would have some of her own immediate tasks. Their grandfather would also need to be informed of this development, and it was already bad enough that the siblings were away from home often enough that they were neglecting their remaining relative. It seemed like arrangements need to be made. 

On 3/4/2023 at 6:39 AM, Blitz Boom said:

"So two days... Should I tell Rosa that, when he is done working? He seems smart. Maybe he can help us prepare?

Is there anything I need to do for that? What sort of thing should I be expecting will happen? And is there things I should not talk about, or do? It seems a lot of times now, I am asked to not do something, since it can be bad for others to see. Is there something like that here too? I do not want to make things go bad, but I do not understand this place, or most longma. I do not even remember when I were here first, so I am not sure I could answer things, if they would ask me about what happened, the first time I were told I were here."

“We should let Rosa know, though us transporting him from Old Canterlot would need to wait. We don’t know how long we’ll be traveling or when we’ll start, so it’s best for us to just tell him about what will happen. Until the questioning happens, he could help us prepare better.”

The latter questions were something that Ghilan could help with, as right now, he was the most knowledgeable on the elders’ line of thinking, even if that didn’t really amount to much. He wanted this endeavor to succeed as much as the siblings, and he’d do whatever he could to assist to give themselves better odds. 

“Knowing you’ll all be a security risk, expect guards to be watching your every move. Anything they could perceive as a threat will cause them to act swiftly, likely fight you or worse. As for the meeting, showing respect, speaking only when spoken to, and being honest are good places to start. Any information from your travels that can help the elders understand you will be of great value. We’ll be standing before them to explain ourselves, but I’ll make sure you aren’t going to speak alone. Oh, and not every question needs an answer, especially if you are asked to tell the elders something you cannot say.”

“Don’t worry about answering questions about our history or how our arguments relate to the longma. We’ll handle those for you. On the off chance you have to answer that kind of question, I remember something Rosa said. Other creatures know of the longma now, so even if we keep to ourselves, we won’t be able to call for help against anything that will mean us harm because of isolation. You won’t be the only one answering questions, so if you need us to step in and help, just let us know.”

Ghilan was willing to set some time aside to help Omen get better acquainted with the longma if she asked for some time for explanations. Though there was still some to prepare before leaving, momentary diversions from his own routines to help the Ki’Nathar and the siblings will take precedence, though there’s always time on the paths when traveling. The near-empty forest outposts should give them some extra time during their temporary stops to clear things up as they go along. 

• Brohoof 1

@Blitz Boom

The festivities sure have taken a strange turn.  The guards had closed ranks and the others in the area with enough in-the-know had quickly departed before and at the entrance of the new comer.  The inky ooze of the all too familiar necromagics filled the detective's sense.  All that radiated off the gathered various critters told of the crowd in company.  Even with his eyes closed a near enough picture was painted to include the enchanted shovel.  Plenty of magics to go around for Rising to meddle with should an emergency come up.  What the mystery party crasher could bring to bare, was another question all together.

Rising opened his eyes.  Gertrude was standing in front of him now.  As big as she was, it wasn't hard to look between the gate in her stance to now take in the visual aspect of the commotion.  One didn't need to be as large as the captain of the guard to be an imposing figure, especially among the diamond dogs.  Now then, who might this be?  The reaction from the guards and the prince himself didn't bold well.  Another apprentice of Twisted's?  Didn't seem the most likely, sharing power beyond even Lily didn't seem likely.  A power vacuum was inevitable, so maybe a rival seeking to fill a void?  And who was he referring to needing to be here?  The pronoun game was never a favorite of Rising's.  Lily, Willow, Thistle.  Thistle was really the only one that made the most sense without more information at this time.  Even though none at the moment seemed to be all that important in needing to be with Rising at every moment.  Being called an executioner seemed a little harsh.  Rising's intent was to arrest after all.

Rising opened his mouth to speak, but didn't get the chance.  Dawn was standing outside the huddled circle, in the middle distance between Gertrude and the mystery guest.  She simply appeared there.  No flash of rainbow light or sense of teleportation magics told Rising she must have used That Place to leave the huddle.  A much quicker form of travel, especially over a short distance.  Brave of her considering who knows what That Place was like in Harrowmark.  If it were any different at all.

Her head held high, her eyes filled with disinterest and the practiced business appearance.   "You, sir, appear to be upsetting the festivities and that of our escorts.  This is suppose to be a happy occasion.  Please state your business so we can get on with our merriment," Dawn requested in a calm, flat matter-of-fact tone.  If the Prince wasn't going to step up, somepony had to speak for the group.

Rising didn't remember asking her to be his agent, but then again, Dawn wasn't the kind of mare to let him even have the option.

• Brohoof 1

@Rising Dusk

The diamond dog turned his head, and looked directly at Dawn, as she addressed him. Yet he did not prepare any magic himself, nor moved any of his limbs beyond this. Only his parchment-yellow eyes moved currently, as they glanced neutrally across the mare.

"They should be concerned. And my business, is not with you. Nor the executioner, or the prince. I await someone important."

He'd turn away from her, and look towards the sky, as Necrotic would move forward, and try to get the attention of Dawn.

"Miss Dawn? Please get back to the guards. Our guest here, is not for us to deal with."

His voice were nervous, yet how couldn't it be? Even if he did not know exactly who this were, he knew what he were, and that were plenty enough for him to be aware, that it were unwise to poke at him.

If Dawn still tried though, the diamond dog would show little in the way of resisting, beyond parrying potential attacks, as best able. It seemed he were aware of the consequence, that might come, in case he began being the aggressor. As of right now at least, him being neutral, made those around him cautious. But if he attacked, and especially one connected with Rising? Things would not remain calm anymore.

Or perhaps, he had other reasons for staying his paw?

Gerthrude stepped forward, preparing to get in the way of the ponies, yet as she moved, the diamond dog would speak again. This time, not looking at any of them in particular. It did not stop her from moving though, nor from drawing her spiked club, which would now have its head, rest on the stones, whilst her paw were firmly around the handle.

"Yes. There she comes at last."

A sound were heard above them, rising in sound. A fluttering of wings, and if they gazed up, they would find that the sound came from a familiar figure, soaring across the crowds. One lifted by spectral wings, hastily moving towards them, and on arrival, would land in front of them. Her desired location, being between the group, and this individual. One whom she'd meet with a neutral stare, which he'd return in kind.

They'd stand as such for several seconds, just gazing upon one another, before she would utter the first word.

"ℝ𝕠𝕥 𝕗𝕒𝕣𝕞𝕖𝕣."

"High Priestess."

Rising would likely have caught on to things before, if he had recalled what he had been told earlier, about the polar opposite, to what Thistle were. The Rot Farmers. The prime members, of the faith of Suusha, who would guarantee reanimation, under controlled circumstances. Though what else were with them, had been left unsaid. It had been a brief mention after all, only mentioning their role partially, and noticing how enchanted shovels were a hallmark of them.

"𝕎𝕙𝕪 𝕒𝕣𝕖 𝕪𝕠𝕦 𝕙𝕖𝕣𝕖? 𝕐𝕠𝕦 𝕥𝕙𝕚𝕟𝕜 𝕠𝕟𝕖 𝕠𝕗 𝕪𝕠𝕦𝕣𝕤, 𝕔𝕒𝕟 𝕛𝕦𝕤𝕥 𝕛𝕠𝕚𝕟 𝕚𝕟 𝕠𝕟 𝕥𝕙𝕚𝕤 𝕔𝕖𝕝𝕖𝕓𝕣𝕒𝕥𝕚𝕠𝕟?"

Her voice and glare were neutral, albeit she seemed tense, as if she expected something to happen.

"No. They don't need my kind, at a time like this. But I have come, to remind some of their place."

He'd put down the apparent birdcage, then kick it across the ground, in her direction. A muffled yelp, being heard within.

Thistle would go over, and remove the cloth, to find a pony in - for this country - fancy attire, bound and gagged, with dirty rags, struggling against his restraints. She did not seem to know who this were, but Gertrude did, and growled as she saw him. Something which made the dark-red caged pony, look up at her in his cage, and seemingly grow pale.

"*Lord* Ashen. We have been looking for you."

"My fields are not open, to heretics. Do with him what you will."

The captain would signal two other, nearby guards, who were not in her pack, to go and retrieve this one. Albeit clearly nervous, the two would do do silently, and then leave. By the looks of things, headed back, towards the castle, and probably the prison nearby it. Neither the rot farmer, nor Thistle, would waste another look on him, as he were taken away.

The diamond dog would turn to leave, with the birds and critters, beginning to leave the town ahead of him. Yet Thistle would halt him with a comment, causing him to look backwards once more, for the time being, to give a response.

"ℍ𝕠𝕨 𝕞𝕒𝕟𝕪 𝕠𝕗 𝕪𝕠𝕦 𝕒𝕣𝕖 𝕝𝕖𝕗𝕥?"

"Not enough. But we will do what we must. Just as you will, High Priestess.

When all is done, those who remain, will celebrate in our own right, but not here. This is not a day for death, but life. Let them savor it, long as they can."

He'd clack his shovel handle into the ground, and all the beasts would begin to move out of town, with basically everyone avoiding them, and him still. He were part of the culture of Harrowmark, but he did not belong in this town. Yet his path were blocked, by ghostly magic. His beasts halted, yet he signalled them to move on without him.

"ℕ𝕠, 𝕤𝕥𝕒𝕪. 𝕋𝕙𝕖𝕣𝕖 𝕚𝕤 𝕤𝕠𝕞𝕖𝕥𝕙𝕚𝕟𝕘 𝕨𝕖 𝕟𝕖𝕖𝕕 𝕥𝕠 𝕕𝕚𝕤𝕔𝕦𝕤𝕤. 𝔸𝕟𝕕 𝕀 𝕥𝕙𝕚𝕟𝕜 𝕪𝕠𝕦 𝕜𝕟𝕠𝕨 𝕨𝕙𝕒𝕥 𝕥𝕙𝕒𝕥 𝕚𝕤."

The magic dissipated, yet he did not move on. Instead he turned, and faced Thistle.

"I did not think of you to want this, outside of a day of unity. Very well then. Lead the way.

Lest you have words too, executioner?"

He'd gaze at Rising again, which made Gerthrude grip her mace tighter.

"I am not his enemy, knight. He solved a problem for us, and in our own way, we are thankful. Which is why we leave him alone."

=============================================================================

On 3/4/2023 at 10:40 AM, Catpone Cerberus said:

To the kits' question, Sheska shrugged "I would love to say you don't have to worry, but I frankly have no idea if you should, that lizard is so out of her mind that even the living embodiment of foresight couldn't try to guess what she does next." "But you're probably fine if you stay out of her way." 

"And yes, that is the next destination." she started to lead the way again, she wasn't offended in any way by the latter statement "And don't worry about my brother, we have seen lot worse than some magical ghost, the 'aunt' is also not a threat to us, still thinks we are family, but we aren't, in fact, calling her great aunt is bit misleading, she's great aunt from so many generations up that it would be more accurate to call her a sister of an ancestor." she was keeping her words child friendly, but she couldn't hide her hatred in her voice and demeanor "We have so little of that traitor's blood in us that a best friend would be closer blood relative." 

The kits listened, and were a little dismayed to hear what were told. Not about the great aunt hopefully not going after them. That were a good thing, obviously. It were more that in a culture like theirs, it were important to have some connection to your ancestors. So when they heard that a far back ancestor - they were assuming she were some kind of ghost, or immortal, if the generations were that far back - were regarded like this, it were a bit iffy to them, in a sense.

Still, if she were a traitor, worthy of the hate, they supposed it kinda made sense. Not everyone would regard the spirits of their kin neutrally at worst, thinking that whatever judgement and punishment they may deserve, would be dealt in the beyond, and that it were therefore not for them to judge further. But then, from what little they had already seen, there were not a lot of overlap in Kitsune culture, and that of equines, and seemingly kobolds. A shame really, but that were just how things were.

"We're sorry to hear, that you have a traitor in your family line."

The twins would speak in unison. They hadn't done this for a while now, as they had a bit of conflicting feelings on things, but on this, they were pretty much in agreement.

"Hopefully when you run into her again, nothing bad will happen to you."

While this went on, Shark tried to think about what a dobbeltganger were, but were drawing a blank on it. She'd ask, but the word sounded strange to pronounce, and it didn't seem to be talked that much about... Maybe she should focus on something else, and hope that if it were serious, her mate would explain it to her better? They were walking now, so things were moving on... Yeah, she'd trust Light would tell her, if things went bad.

On 3/5/2023 at 12:15 AM, Kujamih said:

"Evil, yes. Doppelgangers, no. They're more me than anything else. They're me from another dimension." Light explained.

Ooooh, so dobbeltganger wasn't the right thing, and it was a bad Light? She definitely didn't want to see that one, and she'd bite him real good, if she saw that one. Or at least shake them around a bit, to scare them off. Light were Hers, and she were Not sharing! Nor letting some other, non-good version of him take him from her.

"If Bad-Light comes, I shake. Make bad one go away."

Shark would bite down, and pretend to be shaking something in her mouth violently from side to side, as if she were a dog.

"I certainly wouldn't want that. Those teeth look like they'd hurt."

"Shark have strong teeth. Bite real good."

While the kit were a bit nervous, she instead were beaming, showing off her teeth with pride. To her, this were a point of pride. That others might be a bit scared of that, didn't register with her. Not beyond that those she wanted to be scared, were bad ones, so it were okay if she rattled them, yes? Not eat them though. Unless they were frogs. In that case, she could eat as many of them as she wanted.

"Yes, well... Your uhm, brother sounds like a battle-hardened soul, like you. But if you're not in that place anymore, isn't it hard to get used to how things are here?"

Zhing were directing her question, towards Sheshka, curious as to how they might be doing more in general. She figured it'd help calm her nerves a bit, to talk, now that they were headed for the open again, and thus, might end up in the crosshairs of the Oni. She were pretty sure that after the last time, it would be in the mood for some retaliation. Mainly on Sheska perhaps, but the rest of them were there too, and likely drew some ire as well. Or at the very least, were seen as acceptable collateral damage.

===========================================================================================

@Catpone Cerberus

"Magic spa, eh? Heh. If ever we end going to the northwestern border, I'll keep that comment in mind. I might know a place that'd be just your style then.

Can heat still work though, to go in, and ease you up? The first place I thought of, use various degrees, of warm rocks to really get in, and get some heat massages into the flesh, beneath the scales. They even go as high as magma rocks, for fire or earth aligned dragons, who needs a little something extra, to get past the hard scales. Not an issue for me. Water and wind ones, have softer scales, to accommodate being nimble in the air or water better. Less protection, but at least I'm flexible. Something for something, yeah?

Anyway, I still don't see what's the big issue with your neighbor, but I'll trust your instincts, and just trey and keep an eye out in the future. Who knows? Maybe I'll actually spot something at some point. Or we'll get chummy, and she'll tell me stuff. Ponies tend to like talking."

She'd yawn, and stretch her wings again. The fresh air were good for her, but she were still a bit groggy from before. Them having a nice walk, fly- Whatever really. It would help, were the point. Sides, the lot of 'em could use something to eat, after the snooze fest inside. Sure it were productive, but it had still been kinda boring in the long run.

"So, what way you wanna go? You're the boss Ruby, so it's on you."

Leviathan would have a glimmer in her eye as she said this, and wander over to be behind her, and closer to Charir, where she could scratch him on the head again. Such a good kid this one. A shame his mother couldn't get that through her thick head. Same went for her inability to appreciate Ruby. Both deserved better than they had been given.

She wasn't sure if she could remedy that, but she felt like she wanted to try. She wasn't entirely sure why, but what she did think of it so far, were good enough for her, to keep going at it.

========================================================================================

@EQ_Theta

On 3/5/2023 at 3:24 AM, EQ_Theta said:

“Normally, it would be good for us to be there and explain things to them. The problem is what might happen if we mess this up. We didn’t think it would happen so soon, so just need to be sure of what they’ll ask and how we’ll answer. However, we won’t know what exactly will happen if things do go bad, especially if it doesn’t put us in immediate danger. Let’s see how that plays out before we do anything.”

"So prepare, and answer things, then see what happens? Okay, that sounds simple."

It seemed like there were more nuance to it, but Omen liked that it were at least on the surface, something that were more tangible and simple, if looked on it like this. The questions and answers might not be, but with a general framework of what would happen, at least she might have some semblance of idea, of what might be ahead, and make it more tangible and accessible for her.

Two days were not a lot, it sounded like, but they could do well in that time, she would assume. Neither Lin nor her, needed to sleep technically, so they could prepare even more. Which Omen at least, knew that she would need. This sounded like it would be important, and as such, she would do best in listening, and focusing.

On 3/5/2023 at 3:24 AM, EQ_Theta said:

“Knowing you’ll all be a security risk, expect guards to be watching your every move. Anything they could perceive as a threat will cause them to act swiftly, likely fight you or worse. As for the meeting, showing respect, speaking only when spoken to, and being honest are good places to start. Any information from your travels that can help the elders understand you will be of great value. We’ll be standing before them to explain ourselves, but I’ll make sure you aren’t going to speak alone. Oh, and not every question needs an answer, especially if you are asked to tell the elders something you cannot say.”

“Don’t worry about answering questions about our history or how our arguments relate to the longma. We’ll handle those for you. On the off chance you have to answer that kind of question, I remember something Rosa said. Other creatures know of the longma now, so even if we keep to ourselves, we won’t be able to call for help against anything that will mean us harm because of isolation. You won’t be the only one answering questions, so if you need us to step in and help, just let us know.”

Omen nodded slowly.

"My master told me to be honest. If they ask, I will answer.

And if they try and harm Sen or Lin, I will take them away to safety. Like Mother says: Never fight, but always protect your masters, and your family."

Omen did not much care if the siblings wouldn't like how it seemed. If she saw for instance a spear headed towards them, she would act, and she would protect them. Mother had called them adopted children of hers, and thus, they were family. The ones who more than all, were important to protect. That they too were her friends, made them the highest priority she knew of, if she needed to chose who to keep safe.

Of course, Lin could just open a gate and return soon, but that were an issue for after. Omen's perspective were more direct, and simple in it, than that. At least it were so, until she heard a better argument against this, but as the one she had ingrained, came from Mother, it would likely be hard to discourage this kind of behavior.

"I do not understand though. You say to answer questions, but not everything? How do I know which ones to answer? And what information from our travels, will help? How I met Sen and Lin? Where I am from? Should I show them?"

She would tilt her head in confusion, pondering these questions, then turn to her friends, with others, which simply confused her further. Though in their case, they did relieve some pressure too, by saying they would deal with history, and the implications of things. Though they needed her to remember one thing, in case she were asked? She  could do that.

Master Discord sometimes, didn't send her with letters, as much as just her saying whatever had been on his mind. He had made her, so that she could remember a fair bit of things, in case of something like this. Though it were still best to keep simple, so she would need to rehearse what she had just been said, before they went. It would likely be beneficial, if she prepared too, as had been said earlier. This seemed to be one way, that she could see herself following that guideline.

"I will try and remember that sentence. Though it sounds better, if they end up asking you.

Why will they want to know about the outside though? I thought they wanted to stay alone, and not learn about that?"

She would turn her head again, and gaze back at Ghilan.

"I ask many questions, because I do not understand many things. You normal creatures, live strange lives, and they are hard to get for me. But Sen, Lin, and Rosa are smart. They can explain things, and make me learn.

Are you going there, to answer questions too? It sounds like, you think they would come for you at least. Yes?"

• Brohoof 1

@Blitz Boom

On 3/10/2023 at 7:53 AM, Blitz Boom said:

"So prepare, and answer things, then see what happens? Okay, that sounds simple."

It seemed like there were more nuance to it, but Omen liked that it were at least on the surface, something that were more tangible and simple, if looked on it like this. The questions and answers might not be, but with a general framework of what would happen, at least she might have some semblance of idea, of what might be ahead, and make it more tangible and accessible for her.

It sounded like Omen was getting a good grasp of the situation, and Ghilan and the siblings were glad this is the case. Given the situation they found themselves in, having a foothold was already a good start. Sen, still unsure of the line of questioning they’d all undergo, had mustered some confidence, if not in himself, then at least in the company he was in right now. They weren’t in this alone, and though it felt like they were outnumbered by the many who are unconvinced by the notion of giving the outside world a chance, he could turn to those who offered their support now. 

"I do not understand though. You say to answer questions, but not everything? How do I know which ones to answer? And what information from our travels, will help? How I met Sen and Lin? Where I am from? Should I show them?"

“Let’s say you are asked to tell the elders something that could put your realm, Mother, or fellow unformed siblings in danger. As much as we would like to believe that the elders, or anyone, couldn’t do much to them, we should try to keep them safe. Likewise, anything that could put you in danger based on how you respond is a question that doesn’t need an answer. It might be hard to grasp right now, but let’s hope that you won’t be asked such questions.”

“Now, for the kinds of answers that could help, they might start with what it’s like living in Equestria or what kinds of creatures are there. Maybe you could also mention if other creatures are aware of the longma and what they might know. Sadly, we don’t know exactly how we’ll be questioned, but it helps to have some idea of what the elders might ask. It is as Sen mentioned; you won’t be questioned alone, and we’ll help you however we can.”

Though it seemed like they were getting somewhere, Ghilan likely should have anticipated more from the grilling he was getting from Omen, especially on the matters of the other elders asking about the outside world and the likelihood of them also targeting him for whatever reason. She was asking some tough questions, and admittedly, they were pretty good. Bringing them up now was a ripe opportunity to get things cleared up, yet these two questions in particular were difficult to think about, let alone answer.

Why will they want to know about the outside though? I thought they wanted to stay alone, and not learn about that?"

She would turn her head again, and gaze back at Ghilan.

"I ask many questions, because I do not understand many things. You normal creatures, live strange lives, and they are hard to get for me. But Sen, Lin, and Rosa are smart. They can explain things, and make me learn.

Are you going there, to answer questions too? It sounds like, you think they would come for you at least. Yes?"

However, the elder already offered to help the Ki’Nathar, so he’d oblige. In a way, having an answer right now means he’d also get a chance to examine himself and how he fits in this matter, maybe even understand the other elders’ thought processes. 

“You raised some good questions, so I’ll do my best to answer. The other elders are likely curious, even if they just want to protect themselves and others who are like-minded. Understand that they grew up knowing nothing about the outside; it’s reasonable for them to want to look out for their villages, and that means they would be concerned about what we have to say. Now for your other question… what you said crossed my mind a few times.”

Ghilan paused, knowing he would have to come to terms with the possibility that his past may be catching up to him. It seemed like a good idea back then. A village without an elder was just asking for trouble, and without anyone stepping up, he had to do something. Being in the midst of a crisis that no one was taking seriously was what pushed him to make that choice. Now, the consequences would be coming for him, and he could only hope for an outcome that doesn’t put the most number of longma in a bad spot. Sen and Lin looked toward him with concern, unsure what to make of this sudden change in tone and only expecting the worst.

“I will be there to answer their questions like you, but it’ll involve more reasons than just talking about the world outside. You know I am a lot younger than the last elder. This fact already places a lot of suspicion on me, making it look like I grabbed power when the village didn’t have a proper elder. If they aren’t convinced of my reasons, then you won't be calling me Elder Ghilan for long.”

Edited by EQ_Theta
  • Brohoof 1

@Blitz Boom @Kujamih

Sheska didn't give Light a reaction regarding his 'correction', she wasn't going to argue about a meaning of a single word with a surface liver from a different world, if she would have gone to that direction, she would have also needed to point out how his definition of evil was wrong, because morality was partly a matter of perspective. 

For his joke, Sheska's reaction was as jaded as it could be "I know you are joking, but no, not what I meant." "What I meant is, that if I am to take a random kobold from my community that isn't considered to be a relative, they would still most likely have more common blood with me than the so called 'great aunt'" "It is hyperbole and probably not literally true, but as far as I'm concerned, that's the reality." 

To the twins' condolences, Sheska didn't as much respond as she did mutter to herself, but it was still loud enough to be heard by everyone "The only thing to be sorry about is that the traitorous snake is still breathing." the kitsunes' assumption wasn't that far off, since technically Sheez was indeed immortal, 'was' being the important part here, because now that she had no access to their world's technology anymore, her clock had started to tick again too, be it a very slow clock.

She again didn't say anything regarding Shark, but she did wonder a bit more about what exactly she was, and as far as the apparent relationship went? wasn't any of her business still. 

"Well, if it continues like this, then not much changes." Sheska responded to Zhing's question "But if it doesn't, yes indeed, getting used to this will take a while, we grew up surrounded by the horrors of war, so peace like this is... it feels wrong." "Being isolated from our community for good is also a double edged blade, it is bad, because it is our home, our family, yet, it was hard to bare seeing all the suffering, and being unable to do anything to help, so not having to see that is a positive, and it doesn't feel like we abandoned them, because we already were as good as dead, thus they have moved on." understanding that the Kitsune was lot more spiritual, she added "That's why we aren't big on spirits and such, god or a spirit that allows such evil is no worthy of worship, be it from lack of will or ability." 

----------------------------------------

"No, heat won't work either, our scales are well insulated." Ruby stated "That's why our scales feel the same as the surrounding air even though our body heat is high enough that for any other creature it would be a lethal fever." "Trust me, if there was a simple physical way to get us to relax, I'd be doing it already." 

"The forest as planned, after which we'll head to Canterlot again, I swear I'll have to start demanding travel payment from Spicy if this becomes a habit." she would the start walking in said direction. 

Charir's reaction to the scratch was a positive one, he didn't smile per say, since that wasn't his natural reaction and it was still under practice, but there was small changes in his expression and posture that signaled the same thing. It was more an emotional reaction that physical one, because as Ruby had indicated, feeling in their scales was limited, and that went for pleasant things too, so Charir's positive reaction was less because the scratches specifically, and more due to getting positive attention and shows of affection in general.

• Brohoof 1

@EQ_Theta

On 2023-03-11 at 2:12 PM, EQ_Theta said:

“Let’s say you are asked to tell the elders something that could put your realm, Mother, or fellow unformed siblings in danger. As much as we would like to believe that the elders, or anyone, couldn’t do much to them, we should try to keep them safe. Likewise, anything that could put you in danger based on your answer is a question that doesn’t need. It might be hard to grasp right now, but let’s hope that you won’t be asked such questions.”

“Now, for the kinds of answers that could help, they might start with what it’s like living in Equestria or what kinds of creatures are there. Maybe you could also mention if other creatures are aware of the longma and what they might know. Sadly, we don’t know exactly how we’ll be questioned, but it helps to have some idea of what the elders might ask. It is as Sen mentioned; you won’t be questioned alone, and we’ll help you however we can.”

Omen tilted her head, confused at what she were hearing. Something that would hurt Mother, and the unformed siblings? Nothing had done that yet, and Mother showed no fear of anything, which made them all think, that she were beyond such things. Except for one. Though she did not know who it were, she did mention one before, and acted odd. Like how some ponies did, when they were afraid. She told them not tot hink about it though, and thus, most of them simply forgot, and did not ask. But that did mean there were someone.

There were also the one from her sisters realm. The place - as Mother told it - sanity left, and screams ring in an endless symphony. Omen remembered seeing a sliver of that place, when the thing with the tentacle, had come and made a sister. The one time, that Mother said that she had been afraid to say no, regardless if she thought the thing a good master or not.

SO she supposed, some things could be bad for her home. She didn't know what though, but maybe she should ask Mother later. Find out, what things she should look out for.

"Many creatures are in Equestria. Ponies. Minotaurs. Dragons. Draconequui. Gryphons. Changelings. Many more.

And living in Equestria is lonely. Most did not want to talk to me, ever since Master vanished. Until Sen found me. I went with him, and then lots, and lots, of creatures started to talk to me. I do not know how, or why, but it helps now. Easier to understand ponies, when they are willing to talk to me.

...Is that the right kind of answers? I do not know exactly what else to say. Nor what I should be afraid of. I do not understand how fear works, or what could hurt me. Only Mother knows. Maybe I should ask her then, before the meeting?"

“You raised some good questions, so I’ll do my best to answer. The other elders are likely curious, even if they just want to protect themselves and others who are like-minded. Understand that they grew up knowing nothing about the outside; it’s reasonable for them to want to look out for their villages, and that means they would be concerned about what we have to say. Now for your other question… what you said crossed my mind a few times.”

"They want to keep home safe... So they are trying to see, if I am a threat? I do not know how I would be, but okay. They can ask. I will answer. They will understand eventually, that I do no harm. Mother forbids it, and good children, listen to Mother."

While she did not grasp fear, wanting to make sure that your home were safe, at least made tangible sense to her. It were like when she kept Master Discord, Sen, Lin, Rosa, or Shrimp safe, using her portals. Protect against things, that could be a threat, were smart, and they could not know yet, that she did not fight. Maybe when they knew, they would understand that they did not need to be worried about her.

Rosa were another matter. He seemed dangerous, judging by what she had seen. But dangerous on their side, so that were okay.

A lot of creatures could be dangerous though. Most of them even... Maybe staying safe from them, were not a bad thing? But Rosa had used many big words, saying why it wasn't... She needed to know more, to understand who were right, and why. That sounded the most logical at least.

“I will be there to answer their questions like you, but it’ll involve more reasons than just talking about the world outside. You know I am a lot younger than the last elder. This fact already places a lot of suspicion on me, making it look like I grabbed power when the village didn’t have a proper elder. If they aren’t convinced of my reasons, then you won't be calling me Elder Ghilan for long.”

"If you are the oldest who wanted to leave, does that not still make you an elder?

Creatures need leaders. Masters that guides them. If no one else were going to, what would happen here, if you had not done it? I walked a long, long time alone, without my master to tell me what to do. Maybe normal creatures feel lost too like that, yes? If you do, you needed a new master, and you were the one who said he would do it. Or did others say, that they would do it?"

The whole deal about elders, leadership, and how it all worked for the longma, she did not grasp a lot of, but she gave it her current best. At least she assumed so.

=====================================================================================

@Catpone Cerberus

"I could see why you wouldn't believe in a higher power, in a place like that."

Zhing would not claim she understood, because she did not. She grew up with a loving family, in a safe town, hidden away from the ones that might wish them harm. This were the first time they were properly outside of the village, and while yes, the Oni were an issue, it were a small speck in their lives. The place that Sheshka had seemingly come from... It could still be a lie, but she spoke of these things with such sincerity. And the things she heard, did not sound good. It sounded like a hellish place for anyone to be, even for a short time. For an entire lifetime? Generations, upon generations? Unfathomable agony, were an understatement.

"I wonder if your Equestria area, is like this? We only know what the elders said, but they say, that Equestria doesn't have gods. They think that alicorns dip into the power that would have made them, to become what they do, and then, ponies worship them instead. There is no room for gods to grow here. No worship left to nourish them."

"We wouldn't know how spirits work for any of your races. We know how it is for us kitsune, and the afterlife that awaits us. But the elders say, that there are a myriad of afterlives, and most of them, doesn't do to spirits, what ours does. I don't know the greater details though. That's for the higher classes, but... I'm sorry to hear that there's no higher power where you're from, that's worth putting any faith, or hope in."

"Yeah, that outta suck."

Her brother would get a tail slap in the face for that comment, as it was a little too crude, in her mind, though the sentiment were there, as they followed along. The two of them being very close to one another, to help guard one another better.

The streets were more or less desolate now. The majority having hidden away, waiting for this to be over, barring some random guards, and some of the locals, who either hadn't gotten home yet, or didn't think anything would happen to them. Along with of course, tourists, who didn't know better, and hadn't thought it important to hide out in one of the coffee shops for instance.

It did not seem like there were attacks happening yet, but that would be the issue, with a body snatcher. It could be literally anyone. Even an elder pony wandering by, taking his time to brings his creaking bones towards his home, could be the one, to send a knife flying to their backs out of nowhere, or a mare watering her flowers, could be casting a fireball at their face. Maybe not the most dangerous enemy Sheska would ever have met, but it were going to be an annoying one for sure.

"Are we there soon? I don't like being in the open like this. It feels very vulnerable."

The inn would be there were they left it, with the doors and windows closed. If they wandered in, they'd find that somepony would be sprinkling water at them, proclaiming that the demons should begone.

Equestria had no real religion, so there were no holy water to use for these things. This one were just tipsy, had concluded that the assassin, that they had been warned about, were some sort of demon, and used some water from a vase, to sprinkle at them. He weren't entirely wrong, but he were definitely drunk.

======================================================================================

@Catpone Cerberus

"Awh, I'm sure you haven't tried everything."

Leviathan would fly low to the ground, swaying from side to side in front of Ruby, before turning around, and sending her a sly little grin.

"You tried a hug before? I heard that it warms you right. In. There."

As she said the last word, she'd poke Ruby on the chest area, where - if she had been a real pony - she'd have a heart. She honestly weren't sure if it were the same here, but the motion and words behind it, should still work, all the same. As for the meaning? A tease? An invitation? Something more? Maybe a bit of all of them.

Here before Leviathan, stood a radically different dragon than herself, hidden in a weak-looking disguise. A tough mare of solitude and independence, smashing through her trouble like a titan. A force one could not deny, yet so locked in, and barely showing the soft side to herself. Just a weakness, that should be kept down, yes?

For a time, Leviathan had thought they were just polar opposites, with her being the bleeding heart of the duo, but in some ways, the two had rubbed off on one another, and shown they could overlap. Leviathan had gotten more joyful in violence and thought of harming others quite a lot more now (in parts due to feeling protective), whilst flaunting how powerful she were, in her own right. Whereas Ruby were starting to open up, and show a protective, almost motherly side of herself, when it came to her younger brother. In small ways, but dragons were not always quick to adapt.

She might tease now, but truthfully? She did think that Ruby were feeling warmth these days, that a massage couldn't get. Something that warmed the most important muscle of them all.

Heh, if she said this out loud, Ruby would likely gag over how sappy that sounded. Rather tempting actually... But not yet.

"And I like the idea of taking money for the fetch quests we're on. Like when her boytoy asked us to bring a message along, and he gave up some shinies to you, and a good laugh for me. Though next time, I won't be joking. I'll be taking his hat, and keeping it."

She'd go back proper on the ground, and wander along with them, She'd act nice... Mostly. They did pass a unicorn in a rather familiar uniform, and she just couldn't help herself, but to whistle. And when she saw the one looking at her, she'd twirl her hand, and maker a little raincloud appear, over her raised hand. All the while, her relaxed gaze would remain on the pegasus' face, and over her smug smile, she'd wiggle her eyebrows. The pegasi had a look of realisation, and then glared at her, with a grumpy expression, and eyes that seemed like they could throw sparks at her.

"It never gets old messing with the weather team."

She'd dissipate the cloud, and follow along again, chuckling, and feeling her spirit raised a little. Sure she could have caused a right weather, but she were in a good mood right now. She'd leave it at making sure the pegasi knew who she were, and what she could do, if she had the inclination to do so.

Anyway, fun had come, fun had past. Time for them to be on their merry way, and go to the forest. The day weren't nearly over yet.

• Brohoof 1

@Blitz Boom

The newcomer didn't appear to have interest in the brazen mare, what was at least a good...ish sign in Rising's book.  Hoofs and horns needn't be thrown yet, as it were.  The detective could feel the anxiety from his mother who fluttered nearby in the circle of guards with a much quickened wing beat and worried expression on her face.  Her added height from hovering didn't allow the guard to block her view like it did their father.  Grace was quiet, but he feel her 'willing' her daughter back to safety.  The pegasus' will echoed in the words of the other pegasus of the group stepping forward to give words instead.  Dawn's ear flicked, hearing the prince call out to her, but she remained steadfast between the group and the diamond dog.

Well, only long enough before the rapid arrival of Thistle.  It appears the diamond dog spoke true, this wasn't about the group after all.  Dawn took a step with her right hindleg, but then she was gone, memory being the only proof she was ever there.  The mare was among the group of ponies again, next to her twin specifically.  With most hopefully distracted by the arrival of Thistle now, Rising reached up and bonked his sister on the top of her head with a hoof.  "Hey..." she protested quietly, idly rubbing the spot that just got smacked.  Rising did not respond, keeping his attention on the other two.  Grace had frantically looked for her daughter after she disappeared, but quickly located her in the circle again.  Quickly descending from where she hovered to check Dawn, and hopefully keep her from leaving the circle again.

So Rising was correct in his assumption that Thistle was the intended party the diamond dog was talking about.  Rot farmer.  That added up.  An interested party, Thistle's opposite in this realm of light and dark primordial beings.  Twisted used Suusha's power, but it didn't seem all that mutual among the dark god's followers.  He even came baring a gift, well sort of, in the captured insurgent of the dark wizard.  This did not concern the family from Equestria.  Power vacuums like this were to be expected.  However, maybe less power vacuum and more so such that old systems working to rebuild themselves after oppression.  Rising knew Thistle's imprisonment, but who knew what the other end suffered, or benefitted, from the dark wizard tyranny.  Which was well in answered by the rot farmer confirming Rising had solved a 'problem' for them as well.  Twisted really wasn't the most popular pony.

"Rising Dusk.  Detective, Rising Dusk," the visitor from Equestria introduced himself to the rot farmer with a nod of his head.

• Brohoof 1

@Blitz Boom

On 3/13/2023 at 6:14 AM, Blitz Boom said:

"Many creatures are in Equestria. Ponies. Minotaurs. Dragons. Draconequui. Gryphons. Changelings. Many more.

And living in Equestria is lonely. Most did not want to talk to me, ever since Master vanished. Until Sen found me. I went with him, and then lots, and lots, of creatures started to talk to me. I do not know how, or why, but it helps now. Easier to understand ponies, when they are willing to talk to me.

...Is that the right kind of answers? I do not know exactly what else to say. Nor what I should be afraid of. I do not understand how fear works, or what could hurt me. Only Mother knows. Maybe I should ask her then, before the meeting?"

“Oh… I didn’t realize what things were like for you before meeting Sen and Lin. I am glad that you have found companionship with them and that you are able to learn together. The knowledge of Equestria’s creatures is a good place to start, and information on them would help sate the other elders’ curiosities. However, it would be best to consult with your mother on what information could be considered dangerous to your kind if it were known or if you talking about your kind, in general, should be avoided. Someone who knows more than me is better suited to help you in that matter.”

“Otherwise, anything you might know about other creatures, how they lead their kind, and how they treat others beyond themselves are worth mentioning.”

This line of questioning is starting to get more complicated, with the siblings and Ghilan now feeling the pressure subconsciously. They could have any number of references from which they could start, but only the council of elders knew what questions they’d bring up. Only so much can be made in preparation, and everything else relies on how well they can answer. 

"They want to keep home safe... So they are trying to see, if I am a threat? I do not know how I would be, but okay. They can ask. I will answer. They will understand eventually, that I do no harm. Mother forbids it, and good children, listen to Mother."

The elder was happy to see that Omen was getting the gist of where their conversation is going. It seemed like they were in agreement with their approach to convincing the elders and showing them that not everything outside the forest is someone out to harm them. And for those that pose dangers, being prepared and knowledgeable was already a better prospect than knowing nothing. What worried the Ghilan was what the elders would do with that knowledge, but only time will tell what actually becomes of it.

The main goal is to help them understand and convince them that it is worth taking a chance on the outside, and Omen had that understanding. The same could be said for Sen, but Lin wasn’t entirely convinced of the outcome. She would go along with it, as she had no reason to oppose what her brother wanted. After all, if they succeeded, the results would still be a good one, and she may find purpose within this new future they are creating.

However, it was apparent that there was more to speak of and clear up. Even now, the siblings held their tongues, hoping to learn more about what got Ghilan scared of his own future. Still, he couldn’t imagine rebelling against the order he knew all his life, and he had to believe that the other elders weren’t completely unreasonable. The irony wasn’t lost on him, especially knowing the circumstances leading up to him choosing to ignore an elder before.

"If you are the oldest who wanted to leave, does that not still make you an elder?

Creatures need leaders. Masters that guides them. If no one else were going to, what would happen here, if you had not done it? I walked a long, long time alone, without my master to tell me what to do. Maybe normal creatures feel lost too like that, yes? If you do, you needed a new master, and you were the one who said he would do it. Or did others say, that they would do it?"

“Elders are chosen for their wisdom and knowledge, which come from a lifetime of experiences, to guide and lead their charges lest they fall to confusion and ruin. As you can guess, age has something to do with it and is part of who gets chosen. Compared to the other elders, I am a child who grabbed power because no one else was holding it; you can clearly see I am about as young as Sen and Lin. There were others like myself who weren’t charmed by the previous elder all those years ago, but we weren’t convinced that we could do better in his place. Regardless, someone had to step up, even if only temporarily, to keep us together and rebuild. If I have to step down and place my trust in someone else to lead us, that may be what’s best.”

“Others? You mean... why didn't you say there were others before?”

“Because they aren’t around anymore or have left for places I do not know.” Ghilan paused and took this moment to regain his composure, knowing well that he just opened himself up to more questions, including this untold part of his story. “Back to your question, Omen. There were others, but their goals and futures lay elsewhere, and I had to respect that.”

• Brohoof 1

@Blitz Boom (Sorry I didn't get back to you quicker, things happen! :laugh:

On 2023-02-28 at 4:35 PM, Blitz Boom said:

"A shrine you say? Hmm... Well, there's a few shrines in the harbor district, for those wanting to seek blessings for sea travels. I heard there's some sort of religious group, that's been starting to set something up, in the old steelplant too. I think I heard there were some druidic talk somewhere around the east Tanzarite Park too?"

"I know there's a waystone shrine, with some flyers for a temple too. Maine Crow street, last I saw it."

"Ah yes, forgot about that one. Though that one seems to be moved around sometimes, so you sometimes need to look for it."

The mare would point them towards the roads, and give them directions, regarding where the various shrines were. All that remained, were for them to pick one, and then set the direction, as it were. Ziggy were honestly fine with all of them. New sights were new sights after all.

Glory took some time to think, tapping her head, her hoof collided, making some soft clonks on her forehead. "waystone sounds very interesting! I think we should start there!" Glory said, pointing her hoof in the wrong direction, Pixel giggled and tried to push Glory's hoof in the right direction, but fell down, instead. She lifted herself up, "This sounds k-kind of s-scary, Glory..." Pixel said softly, "We'll be alright, long as we 'ave each other, amiright?" Sienna said. "I-I guess so," Pixel reluctantly agreed. 

• Brohoof 1

@EQ_Theta

On 2023-03-14 at 1:39 PM, EQ_Theta said:

“Oh… I didn’t realize what things were like for you before meeting Sen and Lin. I am glad that you have found companionship with them and that you are able to learn together. The knowledge of Equestria’s creatures is a good place to start, and information on them would help sate the other elders’ curiosities. However, it would be best to consult with your mother on what information could be considered dangerous to your kind if it were known or if you talking about your kind, in general, should be avoided. Someone who knows more than me is better suited to help you in that matter.”

“Otherwise, anything you might know about other creatures, how they lead their kind, and how they treat others beyond themselves are worth mentioning.”

"I have looked at creatures in Equestria, and other places, many times, searching for my master. I can tell what I have seen, as best as I understand it. Mother will tell me what I should not."

It seemed simple enough so far. They wanted information, and she could tell it, and what Mother then said she should not, she would refuse to. Hopefully Mother would have time before the meeting then. It were not always that she were willing to speak with others. Sometimes she said that she were tired, or had to handle new siblings on the way. A few times, she had other guests. But they would see. She had spoken with them before, so maybe that meant that she were at least not tired these days.

On 2023-03-14 at 1:39 PM, EQ_Theta said:

“Elders are chosen for their wisdom and knowledge, which come from a lifetime of experiences, to guide and lead their charges lest they fall to confusion and ruin. As you can guess, age has something to do with it and is part of who gets chosen. Compared to the other elders, I am a child who grabbed power because no one else was holding it; you can clearly see I am about as young as Sen and Lin. There were others like myself who weren’t charmed by the previous elder all those years ago, but we weren’t convinced that we could do better in his place. Regardless, someone had to step up, even if only temporarily, to keep us together and rebuild. If I have to step down and place my trust in someone else to lead us, that may be what’s best.”

“Others? You mean... why didn't you say there were others before?”

“Because they aren’t around anymore or have left for places I do not know.” Ghilan paused and took this moment to regain his composure, knowing well that he just opened himself up to more questions, including this untold part of his story. “Back to your question, Omen. There were others, but their goals and futures lay elsewhere, and I had to respect that.”

"I did not know how old you were, compared to them. I can only guess some are elders than others, if they have wrinkles. Or are bigger, like with dragons. Master never taught me about age, or time.

And I think you are wrong, that old ones know more. I am..."

She halted for a moment, tilting her head to the side, as the gears turned in her head. She had been told before, how long it had been since Discord had been on the lose, so she could go by that number. But she needed a moment to get hold of it, as it had been a smaller tidbit, that she hadn't thought much about before now, and there were a lot of other thoughts

"...3000 years old. That is when master gave me form. Sen and Lin though, probably know more than I do.

It does not matter if you have had time, if you have not spend it learning things."

One could argue that Omen were older than this, but she did not count how long she had been in Mother's realm. None of them did, including her. They all considered the time when they were made whole, to be their actual birth, and thus, an indicator of how old they were. Except perhaps Lin, who were whole before them. She were the one exception, that would make sense to not start there, as she had been born before that.

"If you are the one who learned the most, of those who are left, then maybe you are best to lead them? That makes sense to me at least.

Where did the others go, that could have helped. Did they run away? Were they exiled? Do they just not want to be in charge?"

Some of them were probably dead. Likely due to Salosan, in some direct, or indirect way, but Omen did not think of that currently. The first things that came to mind, where for instance exile, as she knew that had happened to Sen and Lin, and thus assumed that had been used unfairly against others too. Some had maybe run away, when bad things happened, or just didn't want to go through meeting with the elders, and start to make the rules. Some were like that. Followers, not leaders. She knew that position well personally, and thus, that at least resonated with her.

She'd turn her head to the side suddenly, looking into seemingly nothing, for about six seconds, before returning her gaze to Ghilan, as if nothing had happened. Shrimp reacted a little from the floor though, as he looked in the same direction, but couldn't find anything. So he'd go and poke and sniff to the wall, to see if he could spot something himself.

=====================================================================================

@Rising Dusk

Dusk it were? What a peculiar name, considering the knighthood he now likely carried. A mere coincidence, but a notable one regardless, in his eyes. One he would respond to, with a small nod of the neck.

"Lothar Hammertail."

The pack would shudder a bit in unison, as that name came up. Gerthrude herself even raised an eyebrow. Something which caused him to look over at them, as cold and neutral as he had been thus far. A position he needed to carefully maintain, as his presence here were unconventional, to put it mildly. Anything resembling hostility from his end, could be the spark that lit things around him, and he hadn't an interest in that happening. Quite frankly, if this heretic hadn't shown up at his field, demanding shelter, and saying that it were time to raise an army, to fight down the reemergence of Thistle, he would not have shown here. Twisted and his ilk were not welcome in his field, or those of the other few that remained, whom Twisted hadn't killed off, to make a point. The point often being that his way of worship, were the only one, and that he would not have them spout their version.

Apparently this so called *lord*hadn't grasped that him and his, were unliked, and now that their master were not there to threaten them anymore, they were unrestrained, in their responses.

He had considered dealing with this one himself, out somewhere in the swamplands, but it seemed an opportune moment, to show that there were still believers in the old ways, and that they were as eager to move past this stain in their history, as most others were. A little token of peace, as it were. Whatever happened to the lord from here? He could hardly care less.

To return to the situation he were in now though, his maw would open, to formulate a response to the affected diamond dogs, hearing that last name. One with importance behind it, but equally one that were quite cursed, by some of the ones bearing it. Those like him that could mark themselves with the last name more than most, as they were direct descendants, and not the watered down ones, that were sometimes seen around, after several generations on end. Not a lot with direct linage left, but those who were, did have a signature of sorts. A particular fur pattern, in the shape of a roughly humanoid shape, with tendrils around it. One he'd present, as being in the palm of the hand, that he had held the cage with.

"I honor his legacy, in different ways."

None of them would respond to him, but they would follow him with their eyes, as he began to wander with Thistle. Their path, taking them through the main streets. Word would spread of him regardless. There were no point in hiding this, and in Thistle's mind, it were only good that they saw him there, following her lead. In the long run, it would serve as a reminder of unity, even if at first, it would likely spark some questions, and worries.

Though but a few steps in, he would halt, and turn to Rising again. He had one more thing to say, to their peculiar little savior.

"Heed my warning, executioner: If you hear the whinny of the Helhest, run. Run til your hooves touches familiar shores, and do not stop, for any reason. I saw more on the way here, than I have in decades. I would worry what they are out in numbers for. Or whom."

He'd ominously suggest in this way, that they might well be chasing after him, and thus also giving a hint that it would probably be best if he did not leave the sanctuary of Copperhagen.

If nothing else were said, he'd wander off with Thistle, his shovel clacking in the ground as he wandered with it, as if the handle were the bottom of a wandering stick, and creatures living and undead, would move out of their path, and whisper in their wake.

"This was ah... Quite the surprise, but thankfully it did not go poorly.

I must apologize for my behavior there. Mother had told me of rot farmers, and how they would not show in towns, outside of the ancient days of unity, or in grave circumstances. I were not prepared, and it sadly showed. You have my deepest apologies for that, as well as any kind of discomfort this whole situation must have wrought you.

I will ensure when we later get back to the castle, that you will not meet again, lest requested, though I trust that the high priestess will handle this situation on her own.

Please. Shall we continue the tour instead, and try and put this... Hamper upon the festivities behind us?"

Necrotic were ashamed of himself here. He had been expected to deal with this as a prince, and he had failed. He could only hope that they would forgive him for that, and that his mother would understand.

*sigh* yet another proof if one were needed, that he were still not suited for the crown. He still had much to learn. This were but one more example of that.

=======================================================================

@Stellar Heights

"I know what would make it less scary, Pixel!"

Ziggy went in close, grinning from ear to ear.

"How about you come riding on me? That way you're taller, and can see if there's something coming from way away. See? You can look for the shrine, And see your friends from a high vantage point."

Fah'lina chittered at that, seemingly annoyed by that.

"You can share. You're always sitting on my back anyway, and using my neck to lean up on. She can be up top, no problem.

What do you say, Pixel? Wanna try? I promise I won't zoom around."

If Pixel wanted to or not, Ziggy would inevitably still take charge, and head into the town, giddy as could be, but keeping her speed in check, to make sure everypony could follow. All the while, the elderly mare and dragon, seemed to chuckle a little. Youth and their antics sometimes, yeah?

The town would have a lot to offer, and a ton of places one could get lost, in as big a place as this, so it were important to stay close. And the amount of creatures here. It were mostly ponies, with dragons taking up a fair bit of the higher spots in town. Some leaner, or smaller dragons, would wander down to the ground, but some were just too large for that, or preferred to flutter around their own, or cling to the side of some of the taller buildings, chatting to some of their friends.

The largest one, whom had flown over them before, were easy to spot there, having halted to talk to one of the other larger ones, that were on the side of one of the skyscrapers- Locally one of the larger, but compared to her, still small.

As for the street they were looking for? They had to go right, and follow it for some time.

• Brohoof 1

@Blitz Boom @Catpone Cerberus

Light would follow the group and cuddle with his beloved and communicate here and there.

".... If you knew it was a joke then why explain it? You killed the joke." Light confusingly questioned.

" Gods huh..." He ponders.

" Hard to describe them but.... In short? They're somewhat look like bald monkeys... No apes. And things they put on their bodies."

" But usually they like to be called writers. I tried to kill my writer once too..."

• Brohoof 1

@Blitz Boom

On 2023-03-17 at 3:58 AM, Blitz Boom said:

"I have looked at creatures in Equestria, and other places, many times, searching for my master. I can tell what I have seen, as best as I understand it. Mother will tell me what I should not."

“I think it’s best if we visited Mother sometime soon so we could get her thoughts on the matter. This is a big moment, and anything that can give us a better chance of success is something we should seriously consider.”

“That, and it’ll be good to let her know about how we’re doing. Giving her peace of mind is just as important.”

The siblings nodded both at Omen’s response to Ghilan and at each other’s suggestions. Hesitancy and doubts aside, there was always something about speaking with confidants that gave the longma siblings strength. Whether it be with Rosa or Mother, whom the siblings enjoyed company with, they always had wisdom or knowledge to impart that had a not insignificant effect on them. It wasn’t quite like making conversation over tea or dinner but a moment when they can bare themselves and speak about difficult matters without judgment, which was the kind of thing they felt they needed.

It does not matter if you have had time, if you have not spend it learning things."

One could argue that Omen were older than this, but she did not count how long she had been in Mother's realm. None of them did, including her. They all considered the time when they were made whole, to be their actual birth, and thus, an indicator of how old they were. Except perhaps Lin, who were whole before them. She were the one exception, that would make sense to not start there, as she had been born before that.

"If you are the one who learned the most, of those who are left, then maybe you are best to lead them? That makes sense to me at least.

“Heh, heh… Well, thank you for your confidence in me, Omen, but be honest. Would you trust an elder whose only success so far is getting things back to normal with nothing new after it? Very little’s changed in the village, and while some villagers don’t mind you being here, it’ll be different elsewhere. Still, your words are true; those who spend time learning new things may be in a better position to lead.”

“Wouldn’t you say you are learning? About Equestria or other creatures beyond ourselves? And wouldn’t that make you a good option for elder if you had a chance?”

Ghilan didn’t expect to find himself on the receiving end of the questioning now, but Omen, Sen, and Lin had a point about learning and experience. Their travels and experiences already gave them an edge on this matter, and all they need now is an opportunity to share what they know. He’d overlook the part where having something to show for their knowledge and demonstrate that knowledge’s applicability is just as important, but they might already have something that could do that. There was a hint of wisdom in their words that gave the young elder confidence, and he had to steel his resolve just like his friends before him. Perhaps there was a chance for them to succeed. However, not all questions had easy answers. He had some idea of what he could say, but that sense of certainty wasn’t on his side.

Where did the others go, that could have helped. Did they run away? Were they exiled? Do they just not want to be in charge?"

“Some thought that their roles couldn’t be abandoned or have the skills to lead like village healer Arenaria. Others didn’t believe that anything would change and left, willingly exiling themselves in the hopes of finding a better life. Then, there are those who thought a better understanding of ourselves was where we should start. Are you all aware of the longma’s history? About why we chose isolation and the events that led to that choice? Some of us believe that the story doesn’t add up, and they left to find the truth. Wouldn’t you say there is some merit to their reasons? If you were in their place, Omen, would you agree with them?”

Those reasons resonated with the siblings, at least to varying degrees. Arenaria’s role as a healer was too important to give up, especially if it meant abandoning those who needed her skills. The second was true for Uddo and his partner, who found a better life in Canterlot and was unwilling to go back. However, the last one was something that piqued Lin’s interest. Some longma aren’t entirely convinced of the historical accounts that led to their isolationism, and they’re off looking for answers. Maybe there was something worth pursuing at home after all. 

At the same time, Ghilan wanted to see how Omen could articulate her responses. If they were all poised to speak before the elders, he’d like to see how they’d fare in a controlled setting. After all, there was a chance they’d all be going into a debate to argue each other’s ideas. 

• Brohoof 1

@EQ_Theta

12 hours ago, EQ_Theta said:

“I think it’s best if we visited Mother sometime soon so we could get her thoughts on the matter. This is a big moment, and anything that can give us a better chance of success is something we should seriously consider.”

“That, and it’ll be good to let her know about how we’re doing. Giving her peace of mind is just as important.”

Omen simply nodded at this, rather than add her own words to it. She had nothing to add anyway, as they were right. Speaking with Mother, would help them, and ease her mind. She seemed to have grown quite fond of Sen and Lin, speaking with them as often as she did. Even briefly, as they passed through. Maybe hearing how things were, she would not think so much about them? Though Omen wasn't sure why she did. There were many children, who all adored her attention. Were it because Lin were a mixture, and thus she were... Concerned? Worried? Omen wasn't sure what emotion would fit, but it could go back to Lin being a new kind of their kin, that were making her act as she did.

“Heh, heh… Well, thank you for your confidence in me, Omen, but be honest. Would you trust an elder whose only success so far is getting things back to normal with nothing new after it? Very little’s changed in the village, and while some villagers don’t mind you being here, it’ll be different elsewhere. Still, your words are true; those who spend time learning new things may be in a better position to lead.”

“Wouldn’t you say you are learning? About Equestria or other creatures beyond ourselves? And wouldn’t that make you a good option for elder if you had a chance?”

"No. There are leaders, and there are followers. I am not a master. I am a servant."

This were if anything, the one thing that Omen were certain of. She might take some decisions herself at times, but in the end, she were not one to lead. She did not have that spark in her, that would make her a good master. She did some minor things, attempted to learn, but in the end, she were meant to take orders, and listen. That she picked some orders to follow, and not all, were mostly down to ingrained believes, and guidelines, given to her by both Mother, and Discord.

"And I would trust you, because I se others do the same. Those that I believe in. If they have faith in you, that is all I need, to trust you."

Omen were naive, and did put her trust in several, whom she should not. Among them, being Filigree. Her believing the mare, and following her guidelines, were the reason she had gotten stuck in crystal to begin with. That among other things, were prime examples that she put her trust, in too many creatures. That said however, some she did put more trust in, than others. Ghilan were one of those, whom she'd trust more than most, because she saw Sen, Lin, and Rosa, appeared to trust him a fair bit. She thought Rosa did at least. He used so many, many big words, when speaking to Ghilan sometimes.

“Some thought that their roles couldn’t be abandoned or have the skills to lead like village healer Arenaria. Others didn’t believe that anything would change and left, willingly exiling themselves in the hopes of finding a better life. Then, there are those who thought a better understanding of ourselves was where we should start. Are you all aware of the longma’s history? About why we chose isolation and the events that led to that choice? Some of us believe that the story doesn’t add up, and they left to find the truth. Wouldn’t you say there is some merit to their reasons? If you were in their place, Omen, would you agree with them?”

"...One were important, others lost hope. Some others, did not think your story was right... I am not sure about the second ones, but I can understand the others. Some are too important to change, and normal creatures often need healers, or nurses, from what I have seen.

And it sounds good to me, that others have gone to find answers. It is important to know things. Mother would approve of them, wanting to learn things, and question what does not sound right. She tells us to do the same, when what our masters tells us, sounds wrong. When we have learned enough, to question things. My master never taught me enough to do that, but many of our siblings have.

So with them gone, to do things that were right for them, there were just you? Then I do not see the problem. If things have not gotten worse, is that not a good start? I have been told, that most creatures, prefer things being normal. That things can not get better, if there is not stability first.

I still do not understand it, or the other many things I were told entirely, but the strange one with the golden eyes, said that to me once. The little I think I understand, means that you keeping things normal, is a start, but then you want things to change, and that is better. But you are trying to make things change, yes? Is that not what you and Rosa have been talking about?"

Her words might sound a bit tangled up in this, but she were trying to process through things a bit by bit here. She had been relatively sure that she had some semblance of an idea, about what were happening here, but now she were not so sure anymore. But if she were right, then it sounded like Ghilan were doing the right thing.

Being a leader must be confusing. A lot of decisions to take, and questioning yourself all the time. She did not understand how good some were at that sometimes.

"I have heard of many gods, but not one who is a writer, or looks like a bald monkey."

"Maybe he's talking about muses? Elder Cha says he heard about them, when he were travelling in his youth. Something about strange, two legged creatures, inspiring stories and art."

"Oh right. The thing he keeps talking about, when he gets summer sake."

"I still prefer his story about the festival of pyres."

"I like the one about Emperor Straw Razer."

The two would nod in unison. The elder were a stoic one, but when he got to drinking some, eventually he'd get in a story mode, though how much of it were true were debatable. Some of them seemed so fantastic, that it hardly seemed possible, but the other elders never corrected him. They just said that his stories inspired many a soul. As such, everyone just had to guess, and the younger generations, tended to believe a lot of them. Elder Cha were an impressive figure, and thus, he were given leeway by the younger kits, and as they grew older, some would begin to draw meaning from the stories, which helped shape their paths in life, as they flourished into adults. Likely why the elders would not speak to the authenticity. That his stories brought joy, and later meaning, were the important part. Not if they were real or not.

One of the reasons why the elder always had a scribe near him, dotting down every word when he talked. Elder Cha were not a young kitsune anymore, and eventually, his voice would fall silent. So it were important to get as many as his stories on paper, as were possible, whilst still not giving him enough alcohol to endanger his health.

"Anyway, is it muses you're talking about? Otherwise, I don't know what gods you've seen. Where were they from? Were they from the north? We haven't heard a lot about the gods in the far north."

• Brohoof 1

9 minutes ago, Blitz Boom said:

@EQ_Theta

Omen simply nodded at this, rather than add her own words to it. She had nothing to add anyway, as they were right. Speaking with Mother, would help them, and ease her mind. She seemed to have grown quite fond of Sen and Lin, speaking with them as often as she did. Even briefly, as they passed through. Maybe hearing how things were, she would not think so much about them? Though Omen wasn't sure why she did. There were many children, who all adored her attention. Were it because Lin were a mixture, and thus she were... Concerned? Worried? Omen wasn't sure what emotion would fit, but it could go back to Lin being a new kind of their kin, that were making her act as she did.

"No. There are leaders, and there are followers. I am not a master. I am a servant."

This were if anything, the one thing that Omen were certain of. She might take some decisions herself at times, but in the end, she were not one to lead. She did not have that spark in her, that would make her a good master. She did some minor things, attempted to learn, but in the end, she were meant to take orders, and listen. That she picked some orders to follow, and not all, were mostly down to ingrained believes, and guidelines, given to her by both Mother, and Discord.

"And I would trust you, because I se others do the same. Those that I believe in. If they have faith in you, that is all I need, to trust you."

Omen were naive, and did put her trust in several, whom she should not. Among them, being Filigree. Her believing the mare, and following her guidelines, were the reason she had gotten stuck in crystal to begin with. That among other things, were prime examples that she put her trust, in too many creatures. That said however, some she did put more trust in, than others. Ghilan were one of those, whom she'd trust more than most, because she saw Sen, Lin, and Rosa, appeared to trust him a fair bit. She thought Rosa did at least. He used so many, many big words, when speaking to Ghilan sometimes.

"...One were important, others lost hope. Some others, did not think your story was right... I am not sure about the second ones, but I can understand the others. Some are too important to change, and normal creatures often need healers, or nurses, from what I have seen.

And it sounds good to me, that others have gone to find answers. It is important to know things. Mother would approve of them, wanting to learn things, and question what does not sound right. She tells us to do the same, when what our masters tells us, sounds wrong. When we have learned enough, to question things. My master never taught me enough to do that, but many of our siblings have.

So with them gone, to do things that were right for them, there were just you? Then I do not see the problem. If things have not gotten worse, is that not a good start? I have been told, that most creatures, prefer things being normal. That things can not get better, if there is not stability first.

I still do not understand it, or the other many things I were told entirely, but the strange one with the golden eyes, said that to me once. The little I think I understand, means that you keeping things normal, is a start, but then you want things to change, and that is better. But you are trying to make things change, yes? Is that not what you and Rosa have been talking about?"

Her words might sound a bit tangled up in this, but she were trying to process through things a bit by bit here. She had been relatively sure that she had some semblance of an idea, about what were happening here, but now she were not so sure anymore. But if she were right, then it sounded like Ghilan were doing the right thing.

Being a leader must be confusing. A lot of decisions to take, and questioning yourself all the time. She did not understand how good some were at that sometimes.

"I have heard of many gods, but not one who is a writer, or looks like a bald monkey."

"Maybe he's talking about muses? Elder Cha says he heard about them, when he were travelling in his youth. Something about strange, two legged creatures, inspiring stories and art."

"Oh right. The thing he keeps talking about, when he gets summer sake."

"I still prefer his story about the festival of pyres."

"I like the one about Emperor Straw Razer."

The two would nod in unison. The elder were a stoic one, but when he got to drinking some, eventually he'd get in a story mode, though how much of it were true were debatable. Some of them seemed so fantastic, that it hardly seemed possible, but the other elders never corrected him. They just said that his stories inspired many a soul. As such, everyone just had to guess, and the younger generations, tended to believe a lot of them. Elder Cha were an impressive figure, and thus, he were given leeway by the younger kits, and as they grew older, some would begin to draw meaning from the stories, which helped shape their paths in life, as they flourished into adults. Likely why the elders would not speak to the authenticity. That his stories brought joy, and later meaning, were the important part. Not if they were real or not.

One of the reasons why the elder always had a scribe near him, dotting down every word when he talked. Elder Cha were not a young kitsune anymore, and eventually, his voice would fall silent. So it were important to get as many as his stories on paper, as were possible, whilst still not giving him enough alcohol to endanger his health.

"Anyway, is it muses you're talking about? Otherwise, I don't know what gods you've seen. Where were they from? Were they from the north? We haven't heard a lot about the gods in the far north."

@Blitz Boom

@Catpone Cerberus

" Hahahaha. I'm not talking about those gods that share this kind of plane of existence with us.... Im talking about the ones who made everything. They wrote our world into existence. Hence they are writers: the weaver of faith." He explained.

" Pretty much the Gods of gods."

• Brohoof 1

@Blitz Boom@Kujamih

Sheska responded to Light in very neutral tone "Because being understood correctly is more important than a joke I personally don't find funny." "Relationships and loyalty are lot more serious to us than you surface dwellers understand, betrayal is not a joking matter." misunderstandings could also be deadly, sure, in this contexts not, misunderstanding her point wouldn't have killed anyone, but being who she was, she rather ruined a joke by explaining than hurt someone by not doing so. 

For the conversation about gods, or in this case 'writers', she didn't have much to say, her only participation being "Doesn't matter to me what you call them, or what realm they are from, they abandoned us when they were needed the most, so they don't deserve attention." this was all she said, and any further discussion on the matter would at most get the same point repeated in slightly different words.

She didn't say it, but saying that she didn't believe in higher power wasn't necessarily correct, depended really on the definition of believe, she did believe that gods existed, hay, their oppressors were ruled by what could be considered to be gods, but did she believe in them to do the right thing? no, whatever existed out there was either too weak or too unwilling to help them, so to her, and most kobolds in her world in general, gods may just as well not exist.

In her response to the kitsune, she was less emotional than before, since this topic didn't bring up rage like traitors did, and she sounded lot more like the educated adult she was "In what we know as Equestria, who you know as the Alicorn princesses, are closer to gods themselves, beings that can't be described as ponies, even if that is the from they take, The ruler of night, embodiment of darkness, fear and nightmares, and the ruler of the day, the embodiment of fire, destruction and loss." "If there is other gods, the worship is not visible." she knew some individuals doing their rituals to all kinds of beings, but she had no knowledge on how real they were, because like stated, gods and such were not worthy of her attention.

"We don't much think about spirits, without going in long detail, we use our fallen for good of the family and rest of the community, burning what we can't use, and since ghosts are a rare sight, it is safe to assume it is the correct thing to do. The exact details change family to family, but that is the general norm." the choice of words was intentional, because ghost weren't unseen thing, just very rare, and when they were seen, the problem was usually a outside thing that could be fixed. 

"And no need to be sorry for our lack of faith, or to be sensitive about it, you don't miss something you never had, I have no wish to rely on higher power, as we started to build our own success generations ago, to give a slightly grim allegory, if we fall in a hole and starve, we don't beg the universe for food, rather, we take our fallen brothers and sisters, and build a ladder from their bones." not the most child friendly allegory, but she didn't remember to worry about that, because back home there was no need for such consideration, most young creatures had seen horrors with their own eyes, so talking about this type of things really wasn't a big deal. 

Sheska was not bothered by the situation, while body snatchers weren't a common thread specifically, she was very much used to everyone being a potential threat, and thus it was very natural to her to be on high alert constantly without wearing herself down, her readiness would also be visible outside as the crossbow she was carrying was loaded and ready when outside. While she was of course prepared for an attack, she didn't actually thing it would happen now, because while they were out in the open, it was bit too open, she maybe didn't like guards herself, but she knew that their presence most likely did something, since it was pretty much proven that the attacker didn't like having numbers against it.

Sheska managed to stay dry regardless of the 'attack', as she had learned from the last time and protected herself before touching the door, just in case there was another dagger trap, so like with the pinkie's 'attack' earlier, things thrown at her landed on top of the magic instead of her scales, though she could have used a shower as the dry air of a sunny day was still uncomfortable to her. 

For her reaction otherwise, it was as to be expected, at first she almost attacked the drunk pony, but as quickly as she was ready to strike, she also got the picture of the situation and relaxed, at most pushing the drunk away if necessary, though if not necessary, she'd just ignore him.

She also scanned the place for any potential threats, her eyes locking for a moment to a hooded robe-wearing creature on one of the tables, before she continued her way upstairs. She was merely checking the figure to see if it was Sheez, but while it was a bipedal creature, it was way too big to be her, being notably taller than a kobold, thus most likely a dragon, and while ominous with the whole body covering clothing, there was so many empty glasses and such on the table, that the creature had clearly had way too much alcohol to be a threat, even by dragon standards, not that there was any indication of a threat anyway. 

Assuming nothing happened besides the drunk, Sheska would lead the group on the door of the room, and knocked on it, shouting something in different language, to which Trox's voice responded "yeah", after this Sheska opened the door. Trox was probably the first thing everyone would notice, part because his cybernetic arm and leg,  and partly because he walked to them...or well, to Sheska, and put his non-metal hand on her face to move it to face his, speaking in worried tone "I recognize that look, did you get attacked? where's the guard?" Sheska gently yet firmly pushed him away "She's in the hospital, I'm fine, we are dealing with a magical spirit, it possessed the guard and attacked, these younglings  call it 'Oni'." she pointed at the kitsune with the last part "It got offended by me doing my job, the reason why Onache and the guard were targeted is because it thinks they were my security, it wants me specifically."  "These are Zhing, Hachi, Light and...Shark? never actually heard if she has another name." she pointed at each as she said their names, she then turned to the group "This is Trox, my brother, and they are Chega and Sear." she again pointed at who's name she said.

Sear and Chega rose their hands to greet the newcomers, but didn't say anything at the moment, they were sitting on one of the two beds in the room, with Chega leaning on Sear and holding her guitar like she had been playing it moments before. There was also the bag from earlier now in the room with bunch of the metal scrap on the table, having been made into what would be best described as balls of junk metal.   

-----------------------------------------

Leviathan didn't need to worry about the inner anatomy, in her pony form, Ruby was identical to a pony, including the insides' location, with the biggest difference being things like the digestion and reproduction systems still being that of a carnivorous reptile, not that in her real form things were wildly different either, with the biggest thing being the relative size of everything. The poke seemed to tense Ruby up, most likely a reflex, since she relaxed right away, but a reminder of the life she had lived, like with Charir, physical contact was seen as a threat before anything, and while she had seemingly ignored the previous times Leviathan had put her hand on her, those time she had been in her real form, while now she was in objectively weaker state, and also felt the poke lot more strongly than she would have through her scales.

"The reason a hug does that to you is because you have learned to connect it to emotional closeness, and because it provides the feeling of safety." "I do not have those connections, it will take more than physical embrace to warm the icy stone you call heart." Ruby too could use metaphors, and she was well aware of the use of heart when talking about these things, it also sounded like she was at least somewhat self-aware about her coldness being a layer rather than true nature. 

She didn't have much to comment on the latter statements, kinda just shrugging at the hat comment, not having any real opinion on the matter besides what she already stated, and for the interaction with the weather worker, she didn't pay that much attention, but it did make her think about something, which she brought up after they were alone again. "I have come to realize there is something we have in common yet is very different." "We both enjoy causing mental distress." "You like to be a bother, and even I know what losing a personal item may cause in creatures like ponies." "While you have no doubt noticed my tendency to...prolong my prey's end, and I admit I take some enjoyment out of seeing creatures squirm when they see something that goes against their comforts" 

• Brohoof 1