Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What are your neighbors like?

Phoenix Flair

I live in block of flats so I run into them quite often. So far everyone have been very nice. Next to me lives an old man in wheel chair so I often help him if I see him in trouble. At least I try to be a good neighbor :mlp_yeehaa:

• Brohoof 2

• 1 year later...

Neighbor to the South have been family friends for decades. The one to the West is similar, but a lot less time as she moved here more recently. Don't know the other neighbors all of that well. Those houses seem to have people come and go fairly quickly.  My parents have occasionally communicated with the neighbor to the North. She came here from California to be closer to family. Is family really worth moving to this hell hole of a state? Imagine moving here from California. What a waste. (not that I'm in love with CA, it's too hot and too expensive. I can understand why people would seek elsewhere, but not to here. SMH)

We’re really close friends with one set of neighbors. The husband and my cousin went to school together so they’ve known each other quite a while. We like their kids too. Also have got good furnace service from the husband, whose job is that field. The wife cleans our house cause she really needs the money.  They’re nice. 

The other side is a mixed bag. He owns a bar in town…the original location actually burned down and my aunt had thoughts about the real cause. But there’s no proof of anything. Im just glad it looks like the burned shell will finally get demo’d sometime soon. It looks bad. Then he re opened across the main road and the food’s not. And his main job, a contracting business isn’t terrible.  His current girlfriend was being annoying calling sometimes but that’s been quiet for a bit. He did get in a fight with one of my cousins a couple times but the first time it was actually my cousin who got in trouble for it.

Keep posts on topic.

Discussion of state or country crime statistics and their other issues is not to be done here. 

The debate area exists for a reason.

Edited by The Wife of Law
  • Brohoof 1

Pretty awesome to be honest. I have a former police officer who lives behind me that helped me fit a load of new fence pannels. Didn't even have to ask him. Just straight up said that he would be happy to help me fit them while he saw me preparing them.

Then I have a neighbour who is former RAF and a member of the Freemasons. He's always helped me with DIY problems that go beyond anything that I couldn't do. It was also thanks to him that I was able to sit with my mum at the hospice before she died a few years ago. If I had caught the train, I would have been too late. But he volunteered to give me a ride when he new where I was going.

Then I have another neighbour who I take in packages for every now and then if they're not home.

• 3 weeks later...

Absolutely horrible. One side is constantly mowing, and the other is driving and parking over our entry way. Thankfully they are frozen during winter, but winter is almost over.

15 minutes ago, Splashee said:

Absolutely horrible. One side is constantly mowing, and the other is driving and parking over our entry way. Thankfully they are frozen during winter, but winter is almost over.

Do you care :sunny:very much about your Lawn? 

Because it is :unamused:annoying for someone to :yeahno:park on it and for someone else to schedule conflict:lostit: lawnmowing duties when you want:okiedokieloki: to mow yourself.  

• 1 month later...