Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What are your neighbors like?

Phoenix Flair

(edited)

One of the neighbours sometimes likes to pay a visit to our home. We've known this old couple ever since we've moved in out recent house, so that was about seven years ago. While they're nice people, they're way too worried and oversensitive. They're always talking about if we're fine and tend to give out long-winded speeches on how we're never alone, and it gets especially annoying when we're clearly fine. The neighbours also like to bring their little dog to play with our old dog, even though ours has shown multiple times that she hates him.

Another one of our neighbours likes to look above our fence all the time and see every little thing we're doing outside. It always makes me nervous.

Edited by Odyssey

I never talk to my neighbors, but they play loud Spanish music every saturday and always seem to be throwing huge parties.
Actually, I do have this one neighbor. She's a blessing and has been a family friend since like... forever. She plays the piano, which is really nice to wake up too.

(edited)

I live in a small apartment building, and have had very limited interaction with my neighbors.  Most of them are much older than I am, and the walls aren't thin, so it's pretty quiet in here, although sound travels easily through the doors.  I see the one directly across the hall from me most often.  She's really nice, but very reclusive.  She always has a "do not disturb" sign hanging on her doorknob, and has told me she deliberately avoids telling anyone anything about herself.

I do have a bit of a problem with one of the neighbors, the other one who lives across the hall.  Although she's nice, she has a couple of really annoying tendencies.  First, her door isn't set properly in its frame, and she won't get it fixed.  Every time she uses the door, she has to slam it repeatedly for it to fully close.  But the worst habit she has is the way she does laundry.  We have two washers and two dryers on the bottom floor.  If it's her laundry day, she'll go down first thing in the morning, load her clothes into one of the machines, even setting the quarters into the coin slots (for the dryer, too), and then let it sit there for HOURS.  I mean, she sets it up at 8 am, and doesn't start the machine until 3 pm.  Which means that I have to wash either my colored or white clothing, put it in the other dryer, then wash the other half of my clothes, and then start the dryer, wasting an additional half an hour of my time.  I can't tell you how many times I've walked downstairs with my laundry only to proclaim, "I knew it!  I ****ing knew it!!!"

I swear, my next apartment will have its own washer and dryer in the unit.

Edited by Draxon

We only have this nice middle aged couple that we talk to sometimes. We could've done a lot worse. (And have) We also live in a new estate, so there are constantly ongoing construction sites all around our house which can get annoying at times, but they should cease soon.

The family on our left side recently moved out (they were wonderful people).

Other than that, we have a nice, big family to our right. They always say hello, which is kind.

In front of us, we have an older man who used to live with his brother in the same house until he passed away due to cancer. He's a nice man. His brother always used to talk to us.

Diagonally right of us are these hicks. Blegh.

I don't know the family diagonally left...

• 6 years later...

I live in a top floor apartment, so I can only really speak about the couple that live below me - they're nice enough, albeit a bit loud whilst engaging in their intimate activities. Sometimes I can hear them when I'm trying to sleep :(

I live on the second floor of an apartment building and my immediate neighbors have come and gone. But they are uniformly horrible. For reasons I can’t even begin to fathom, they ALL seem to take some perverse pleasure in pounding against my bedroom wall at all hours of the day or night. And I mean taking a running start and crashing into that wall! They don’t ever seem to sleep; either they do it in shifts or subsist solely on cat naps so they can maximize their noise-making potential. If I pound on the wall to give them a heads-up, they pound back as though I’m the one annoying them! Some of the stuff I’ve heard through these paper-thin walls I can’t repeat here, but it’s not a pretty picture. I have an elderly lady who lives downstairs and I never hear a peep out of her. She’s always sweet and friendly to me and all the rotten little urchins running around the grounds. For some reason people from older gens were raised to be considerate of others. Too bad that no longer applies. 

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Loud, they fight alot, and they have an aggressive dog they treat badly.

I live on the second floor of my apartment, so these are the people below me. I every so often hear loud swearing matches from the two of them at 1-2am, which certainly doesn't help my insomnia. The guy that lives down there is always sitting on the sidewalk giving me looks I don't like when I go outside, too. He just makes me uncomfortable. 

My BF unfortunately had to kick their dog because it lunged for our dog's throat, because they refuse to put it on a harness or something. I feel bad for that dog though, considering they keep it locked in their bathroom for most of the day.  I can tell because it's constantly up against the window snarling at people who walk by. 

Edited by Magpie

The ones across the street knew my grandfather. They bought a lot of his equipment, these days they are often arguing out in the yard. They constantly run their power washer, and mow the lawn even when its not needed. The ones off to the left own my grandfather's barn, and the ones off to the right have a habit of shooting off their guns a lot. The other one to the front blares his music constantly and his yard is littered with trash and beer cans and he doesn't take care of his house. 

I wish they wouldn’t park on the road as opposed to their driveways, It’s such a pain dodging cars at night. Especially when it snows and stuff. 

5 hours ago, Mammon said:

I wish they wouldn’t park on the road as opposed to their driveways, It’s such a pain dodging cars at night. Especially when it snows and stuff. 

I hate when people do that too. People park like that everywhere at my grandpa’s neighborhood and it drives me crazy :smolder:

• Brohoof 3

1 minute ago, ExplosionMare said:

I hate when people do that too. People park like that everywhere at my grandpa’s neighborhood and it drives me crazy :smolder:

I wonder what you'd think of waking up to 50's music blaring across from your neighbors house.

12 minutes ago, ExplosionMare said:

Even worse they do it right at the entrance to the development so its a tight squeeze getting your car through. Tons of people have complained about it but they still do it anyway.

• Brohoof 1

The neighbors on one side we barely see, and the ones on the other side is obsessed with taking care of his lawn that he doesn't take care of his home. That neighbor also has a barn that is falling apart, and a good enough breeze looks like it'll knock it over.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

my new neighbors is mmkay- just a bit too boujee  and "white". Funny they all have dogs, so like every time I would go out in my backyard to tend the garden, it always smells like dog shit. But overall, some are nice-except for one

5220577.jpg