Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What are your neighbors like?

Phoenix Flair

I live in an apartment on the end of the third floor.  It's pretty nice, but the walls are thin.  The guy to the right of us plays his guitar until midnight and regularly blasts electronic or explicit pop music at incredibly high volumes.  Also, he leaves his alarm on for hours, very early in the morning.  Sometimes I bang on the wall to get him to wake the hell up.  Right now I can hear him watching Lord of the Rings.

What are your neighbors like?  How well do you know them?

• Brohoof 2

My neighbours are alright. They don't really bother me that much and they seem nice enough.

There was this one guy who would do repair work on his car at something like 3am in the morning who'd always make a loud racket in the neighbourhood. 

Nobody was really pleased. Nowadays it's reasonably quiet. I'm probably a noisy neighbour myself though..  >_>

• Brohoof 1

I live in Appartments but they are more of houses then appartments the neighbors to the left are nice I say hello every now and then not much as for the ones to the right they are practically family we help them in their time of need and they help us they are great people probably the best neighbors I have ever had

Edited by Snowflake Frostflame
  • Brohoof 1

The neighbors on the right side of us have a lot of issues..

The spouse had an affair with someone after their daughter got pregnant at 17. 

We just stay out of their way, because they fight a lot and we see the police there often.

The neighbors on the left side of us, however, had to move because their house got forclosed on.

Ya see, the spouse passed away from Breast Cancer, and the other spouse could no longer pay the bills.

Today, another family moved in their house. They have 3 young kids and they are REALLY annoying

I honestly CANNOT stand children. And when that family comes over occasionally, I try my best to avoid having to deal with their children.

The daughter is actually responsible for the passing of my pet Love Bird..

• Brohoof 1

I live in the flat on third floor. Most of neighbours are quiet. It isn't weird, becasue most of them are old people and some young couples without a children. I've lived here for many years and when I was children i don't have any friends in my block of flat. I was going to school, which was far from my house, because it was one of the best school in my town. So my parents decided that I must going there. Back to the topic, my problem isn't a noisy neighbours, but fact that they are too old or too small to be friends with them.

But I have one neighbor, who listen loud, religious music on the balcony. It is terrible. But, fortunately, It's happen only in the summer.

Edited by Cuddly
  • Brohoof 1

My neighbors I have little to do with. One set are known druggies (they have newborn baby now too). They have many dogs are roam free in town (their is an ordinance against that, but the council doesn't care) and they are not very nice dogs either. The other set is the mayor's son and his family. They are very snooty people, although their boy is very nice though not very smart or inquisitive. Across the street is a vacant house (been worked on by a Mennonite family for 4+ years now) and my husband's great aunt...who has to watch everything everyone does, but she's pretty nice.

To give you an idea of my town. 127 residents, 2/3rds are related to my husband (mainly great aunts and uncles, they are all fairly old). It's stuck in 1960's among the older folk, which is 90% of the town's population. My husband and I are the youngest couple living there. Racism is problem (at least with one great aunt), religious intolerance is a bad problem (I have a catholic background in a luthern town, the relatives who like me now we know would despise me if they ever found out).

Also, the council is full of stuck up people. We got a letter last winter for putting straw bales around our foundation to help insulate it during the winter. We got a letter from the city, asking we remove them because they are "not furthering the positive ascetic of our community"...in other words, tacky. They said we can use saw dust....now our foundation is 2 feet high, how am I going to put 2 feet worth of sawdust around my foundation....let alone become the town's friggin' litter box!!!...so yeah, we basically told them off and said we will do what we want because there is no ordinance against what we are doing. On that note we can't even get an ordinance book either. We have to go to the city council, and ask if something is okay or not....for all we know, they pull ordinances out their butts!!! Thus we go by the state ordinance books, and until they produce a paper book of their "additions" we refuse to listen.

• Brohoof 2

The neighbors on one side are fantastic. We only see them maybe a few times a month. Spoken to them twice, and only out of nessecity to put up a fence. Brilliant!

The people on the other side are thieves. They previously had the garage door opener from when my father in law gave it to them (bad idea on his part). They could only manage to find it when they needed tools and we weren't home. We regularly found our missing plumbing supplies in their trash. They also picked all of our fruit while we were out for the afternoon one day. They also hassled our friend so badly that she refuses to come over anymore. The husband also groped my best friend at my wedding. They volunteered to watch my sister in law's ducks for two weeks when we all went on vacation because she wanted the eggs. One died in the two week span because they were never fed. I don't care for them very much.

• Brohoof 1

I live in a college dorm currently, so I'm not sure if you could call it 'neighbors'...  Anyways, I only have one person next to me (I specifically chose the room for that reason alone) and no roommates.  He seems to be a pretty nice guy, and I have no problems with him.  Even with the thin walls, I hardly ever hear him, and that's honestly all that I could ever ask for.  I can't say that I know him too well though.  We say hello if we pass each other on campus, but I've never really had much of an extended conversation with him.

I live in a condo complex and I would much rather have nothing whatsoever to do with most of my neighbors. There are these neighbors that live upstairs from me that are complete pigs, they throw trash everywhere. I came home from work one night and found raw ground beef splattered all over my patio crawling with ants complete with a note about how they want it back. It was the last thing I wanted to deal with at the time but because I didn't want an ant infestation scooped everything up and took it straight to the dumpster. What really takes the cake though is they got a cockroach infestation which is no surprise and wouldn't be my problem if the infestation hadn't spread to my perfectly clean house.

I suppose on the plus side it gave me a great idea for a fanfic where Rarity gets a cockroach infestation. Though they are much more quiet now I used to overhear them having sex all the time, to be honest part of me enjoyed it but another part of me was pissed that they had to be that loud at 2am when I am trying to sleep. I still occasionally hear them going at it but they are much better about it now, I swear that lady has one hell of a set of lungs on her.

There are these other neighbors that live in this house just outside of the complex that used to have a lot of loud parties, but either new ones moved in or they have gotten more considerate. Either way, less noise and less sleepless nights is fine with me. There are these neighbors I have though that I do like. They are fairly friendly and their dog Charlie always gives his own hello whenever anyone passes by. The husband has offered to fix the cracked ceiling in my bathroom at a good price so I am probably going to let him do that.

Edited by EarthbendingProdigy

Well, I live in a pretty rural area so we're kinda sprwad out here. However the neighbors we do have are pretty nice. On one side is an older couple beset by health issues, and they have a hoarding issue. There is an older couple of the other side of us who are nice, but we don't talk that much.

We also have a house that we rent out behind us, and the man is...all right, but he and my mom have serious issues that I won't mention here.

Well most of the people in my neighborhood seem to be okay, although we don't really know most of them, my family are okay with most of the people in our area of said neighborhood. However there is one family who we have a very bad history with, simply put they're a bunch of self centered twats who liked to bully my grandparents and like to make themselves look as superior as possible.

Bliblahew,@@Wind Chaser.

On my left are neighbors who were once neighbors to some relatives... Never talk to them. On my right are people that always decided to move (meaning the same people haven't occupied the house for more than 2 or 3 years). Nothing behind me or in front, though that would have been nice, I think....

I live in an apartment building in the dusty part of town. All of my neighbors are old people, not that it bothers me too much. They're okay and polite, a little bit chatty sometimes but that's fine. I enjoy a good conversation once in a while.

Unfortunately, since they've learned i'm majoring in Computer science, they decided i'm qualified as a go-to tech support (which has little to do with my profession btw) that lives in your building. So any problem with their computers, TVs, cellphones, whatever -- they come to me asking for my help. Unless i'm super busy, i actually go and see if i can help them out, usually because i kind of feel bad of saying 'no' to them. It doesn't bother me too much so i'm just "Okay, let's do a good deed for today". 

Overall, they're a bit more bothersome than i'd like, but they're nice and i like them.

• Brohoof 1

The neighbors on both sides of my house are nice people, although the ones on the right aren't super interesting and usually aren't home. The neighbors on my left have a lot of pets that are fun to play with; a few dogs, some tortoises, a snake, and lots of fish and coral as well. :P

Our neighbors are kinda here or there. When I was young, like 7-10, I used to play with the other kids on the block, and all the families knew each other. Ever since then, people moved out, people moved on and became distant from each other, but a few of the original families from when our housing development went up in 2001 are still here and we still know each other.

They also love my mother's cooking. :nom:

Bliblahew,@@Wind Chaser.

Wut? :huh:

You'd like to be my neighbor? My house will probably be on the market in a year or two. At the most we'd only be neighbors for a few hours. :comeatus:

Our neighbors are kinda here or there. When I was young, like 7-10, I used to play with the other kids on the block, and all the families knew each other. Ever since then, people moved out, people moved on and became distant from each other, but a few of the original families from when our housing development went up in 2001 are still here and we still know each other.

They also love my mother's cooking. :nom:

Wut? :huh:

You'd like to be my neighbor? My house will probably be on the market in a year or two. At the most we'd only be neighbors for a few hours. :comeatus:

It's a new word for the Wolfian dictionary :comeatus:.

I'm not sure what it'd be like with you as a neighbor :wacko:.

Edited by SparkWolf

i have nice neighbors, they have this one fucking brat. He's always getting mad and screaming at them. He's like 16 years old. I caught the fucker smoking pot on my front yard once, Sorry if i'm cursing too much, but this kid is a fucking asshole. Really hate that brat and the way he treats his parents.

Well, in terms of internal neighbors, flatmates or roommates, what have you;

I keep to myself, so I know almost nil. They watch trash TV, and argue a lot. That's being vague.

In terms of other homes on the street;

They mostly keep to their own little areas.

Anything more than a nod or a wave, and it means their kids are likely to have something to sell soon.

The one across the street works out of his garage, so I've had to go over in my PJ's and ask him to cut it out a couple of times.

That's pretty much it.

My next door neighbors seem nice considering my mom likes them. 

The majority of my neighbors are stereotypical Mexicans, though, and that includes the part where they party every night. They do seem to have a lot of children, too. It doesn't bother me too much. A lot of them are immigrants, and I don't know if they know English.