Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Help, I need to drop the bass, what makes a good bassdrop?

Lamb Booty Mayo

I have the build up for the song and everything is going smooth, but I can't figure out how to make a bass drop good. What modulations do I need other than Lfo, what makes a bass-drop good. I'm trying to do something like Alex.S

Also I cant remove my banner of daring do, which kind of annoys me

Alright I'll take a stab at this. I'm not going to critique your build up since you didn't ask.

Alright, so you created a fair enough lead in. Riser, cut out the bass frequency and elements begin falling out. Tension for the drop is there. Now there are no hard and fast rules as to what makes a drop. You could throw in something as simple as top-end heavy kicks and a shitty synth pluck both thrown through reverbs upon reverbs (lol big room house) or heavily automated multilayer complextro stuff. But you mentioned Alex S, and I think more specifically you're probably refering to his more hard synth melodically glitchy drops. I've never actually done anything in that vein, maybe once a while back, but some general ideas:

- Keep it simple progression wise.

- The growly Alex sound is in really fast and choppy automation of an lfoed filter on the bassline synth (and if you want to do even glitcher stuff like he does probably the lead synth as well, maybe even constitute harmony lines). How you set this up depends on what DAW and synth you're primarily using, but the general idea should be: put LFO on an active filter on your synth -> link LFO to however your DAW automates -> draw dat automation

- Sound design. Mix in favor of the bass by scooping out a nice space for it on your EQ range and then making smaller spaces for the other elements of the drop.

- Don't forget punchy drums that smack their wau through the mix nicely. Might want to switch them up from what you've been currently using in the rest of the song unless you want a more low key drop. But I don't think you want that.