technology The Glorious PC master race thread

Yourmomsponies

You don't say? Just like how it would be with AMD things on my PC, which has no AMD parts.

HDD swaps between two systems with pretty much no hardware in common can be a bitch. 

"You know, I don't know who or what you are Methos, and I know you don't want to hear this, but you did teach me something. You taught me that Life's about change, about learning to accept who you are, good or bad. And I thank you for that."

-Duncan McLeod.

I don't have anything against most console gamers either, it's the hardcore Microsoft and Sony fanboys that go like "LOL THE PS4/XBOX IS DA BEST THING EVAR PC R TEH SUX0RZ" that I do. Those that aren't like that and see the ups and downs of each platform, like consoles are pretty simple to setup while the PC is an open platform, I am fine with.

I have a friend that says PC isn't worth the price, thinks it's 800 dollars for a bare minimum PC, and thinks that Xbox Live provides the same value as steam because of EA access.

• Brohoof 1

I have a friend that says PC isn't worth the price, thinks it's 800 dollars for a bare minimum PC, and thinks that Xbox Live provides the same value as steam because of EA access.

As someone that paid roughly $800 INCLUDING the monitor on a pretty decent PC and has spent less than $250 on Steam yet has almost 200 games....

What a moron.  

"You know, I don't know who or what you are Methos, and I know you don't want to hear this, but you did teach me something. You taught me that Life's about change, about learning to accept who you are, good or bad. And I thank you for that."

-Duncan McLeod.

As someone that paid roughly $800 INCLUDING the monitor on a pretty decent PC and has spent less than $250 on Steam yet has almost 200 games....

What a moron.  

Hey, don't get me wrong, it goes both ways. On a forum I used to be on we had a kid from Romania that actually believed that PC gamers were superior to console gamers, believed in a PC master race, continually insulted me for owning consoles even though my PC would destroy his any day of the week, and when the owner of the site finally got new PC parts from a friend he said to him 'no offense man but they're kind of outdated', ignoring the fact his parents make 8,000 euros a year. Oh and he's failing school, has no friends outside of school [he actually considers his pc his best friend XD] and his parents bought him all his PC parts. Just goes to show you there's tards on both sides.

• Brohoof 1

Went nuts uninstalling unneeded drivers, and closing/disabling start-up on stuff, it seems to have fixed my issue. 

-Duncan McLeod.

HDD swaps between two systems with pretty much no hardware in common can be a bitch. 

I went from a PII-955 to a 3570K and Windows picked up all the new hardware and... worked.

Surprising how resilient it can be.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBPqksG9nbA

As the owner of an X1 with XBL Gold, I can safely say, no. No it doesn't.

Edited by Lunatic Envy

I went from a PII-955 to a 3570K and Windows picked up all the new hardware and... worked.

Surprising how resilient it can be.

As the owner of an X1 with XBL Gold, I can safely say, no. No it doesn't.

I've never tried that. I've been too afraid to see what would happen.

It works fine once you clean the leftover crap and old drivers out. 

-Duncan McLeod.

It works fine once you clean the leftover crap and old drivers out. 

I'm honestly surprised Windows even allows it. I would think the whole product key authentication system would be like, "nope, sorry." xD

Or maybe that's just the OEM editions.

Edited by Regulus

AluKfrD.png

Tumblr

I'm honestly surprised Windows even allows it. I would think the whole product key authentication system would be like, "nope, sorry." xD

Or maybe that's just the OEM editions.

Even with a OEM, it still let's you use it but bugs you for a key constantly until you give it one. 

Edited by Shoboni

-Duncan McLeod.

So what are your thoughts on using something like a 40" LED TV as opposed to a proper monitor? I know a couple people who do that, and I'm like, the picture's blown up and looks crappy compared to something like a 24" 1080p 144Hz monitor. I don't know why anybody would opt for a TV over a monitor.

>EA

>Good for anything

LOL

Edited by Celli

So what are your thoughts on using something like a 40" LED TV as opposed to a proper monitor? I know a couple people who do that, and I'm like, the picture's blown up and looks crappy compared to something like a 24" 1080p 144Hz monitor. I don't know why anybody would opt for a TV over a monitor.

>EA

>Good for anything

LOL

Are you a hipster or something? EA has some great franchises, granted the last versions of BF and NFS have both sucked on launch but they seem to be getting better by delaying BFH and at least they know how to make a PC port unlike a certain french company.....

I tried using a HDTV before. It made everything look shittier than roadkill.

AluKfrD.png

Tumblr

Are you a hipster or something? EA has some great franchises, granted the last versions of BF and NFS have both sucked on launch but they seem to be getting better by delaying BFH and at least they know how to make a PC port unlike a certain french company.....

Well, no. I mean I know they have good franchises, but I was merely stating that they're not really a good company. I didn't mean to say everything they do is garbage. And you mean Ubisoft, right?

• Brohoof 1

I'm convinced that any problem can be solved by adding more boosters or pixels to anything.

That is correct, sir. More boosters, pixels, stickers, or COARS. More is better. That we can be certain of.

I'm convinced that any problem can be solved by adding more boosters or pixels to anything.

I don't like the idea of sitting in front of a huge TV playing PC games, which is what I do when playing, well, PC.

Well, no. I mean I know they have good franchises, but I was merely stating that they're not really a good company. I didn't mean to say everything they do is garbage. And you mean Ubisoft, right?

Yeah I guess. And yeah I meant Ubisoft. That being said I'm not really a fan of boycotts since a terrible company can make a great game every once in a while [or more often]

Gentlemen, I'd like to direct your attention to the following chart:

CPU+core+scaling+good.png

While consoles are stuck with their piddly four-module eight "core" architecture, we are fortunately given the option of adding additional cores and sockets as we see fit.

This linear scaling is evident in the above graph, with performance increasing by as much as nearly 1100% over baseline with 16 cores.

1100%. You can think about that number. That's a big number.

• Brohoof 1

Yeah I guess. And yeah I meant Ubisoft. That being said I'm not really a fan of boycotts since a terrible company can make a great game every once in a while [or more often]

Besides, I'm sure EA will be a good company again. They just need to quit using on-disc DLC and rushing good games to release. Their practices are mostly what are bad. I mean, they have more original franchises than Activision, and don't make crappy licensed movie games. And NFS is a franchise that I feel is still fun. 

I think they were referring to EAs shady business practices, not the quality of their games .  

I tried using a HDTV before. It made everything look shittier than roadkill.

Are you sure it was a 1080? They do make 720p TVs(and fairly large ones, I've a 720p 32in for my game-room)

Besides, I'm sure EA will be a good company again. They just need to quit using on-disc DLC and rushing good games to release. Their practices are mostly what are bad. I mean, they have more original franchises than Activision, and don't make crappy licensed movie games. And NFS is a franchise that I feel is still fun. 

I though it was Capcom that did all the on-disc DLC crap?

-Duncan McLeod.