technology The Glorious PC master race thread

Yourmomsponies

what? i missed the entire thing lol gg mods wp no re

I didn't think there was anything to clean up, this has been a pretty cool thread.

Basically, Nazis got brought up. That just ain't cool, no matter what the context is.

• Brohoof 1

Basically, Nazis got brought up. That just ain't cool, no matter what the context is.

From what you told me, I hope he get's ejected from the forums altogether. 

"You know, I don't know who or what you are Methos, and I know you don't want to hear this, but you did teach me something. You taught me that Life's about change, about learning to accept who you are, good or bad. And I thank you for that."

-Duncan McLeod.

NOW FOR SOMETHING COMPLETELY DIFFERENT

hey can i join the pc club

I have a few PC games that I play. I don't have hundreds like many of you guys probably do, but I do have a few games in my Steam library myself. I want to get more into it, but I'm still trying to focus on collecting for SNES and Sega Genesis, so yeah.

Some notable games I like to play though include of ROBLOX, Tomb Raider: Anniversary, Sonic Generations and Garry's Mod. I also downloaded Big Rigs: Over the Road Racing for the luls :P I also want to ask if there's any Steam games you guys recommend for me to buy whenever they go onsale. I NEED TO START A COLLECTION, MAN.

Edited by Miles Tails Prower

What brand of 980 you're getting?

Gigabyte Gtx 980 G1 Gaming.

The 980 doesn't have very good performance per dollar. Though at that point, you may as well go for a 290x/970 crossfire if you can...

You're really paying for the extra power it gives you over the 970, which whilst not much, also includes some pretty amazing overclocking capabilities.

That being said, I agree with the people who want to grab a 970 over a 980. Nobody "needs" a 980, the 970 does the job really well given its price. The 980 is more like... "I have the cash to blow, fuck it I'll buy the 980".

Btw, the 980 is $800 here in Aus. At least the one Im getting is.

• Brohoof 1

sm2y3Eq.png

Goddamn right, you should be scared of me

Twitter

Btw guys is the R9 290 REALLY that hot? i wanted to pick up the MSI or ASUS edition but put the shroud from my old 7950 on it cause it looks way better? but thing taht will give me nightmares is a hot as nuts card (the experience with my old 590 was awful)

dont fancy having to play games worrying about GPU temperatures, though the extra 1gb vram will be nice for modded skyrim.

I mean the 290 would be great just if it wouldnt be a nightmare :< or i may as well go CF 7950

Gigabyte Gtx 980 G1 Gaming.

You're really paying for the extra power it gives you over the 970, which whilst not much, also includes some pretty amazing overclocking capabilities.

That being said, I agree with the people who want to grab a 970 over a 980. Nobody "needs" a 980, the 970 does the job really well given its price. The 980 is more like... "I have the cash to blow, fuck it I'll buy the 980".

Btw, the 980 is $800 here in Aus. At least the one Im getting is.

It's like $550-$600 here while you could probably get a 970 for $350(or even less). It's really not that practical for the price. 

"You know, I don't know who or what you are Methos, and I know you don't want to hear this, but you did teach me something. You taught me that Life's about change, about learning to accept who you are, good or bad. And I thank you for that."

-Duncan McLeod.

Btw guys is the R9 290 REALLY that hot? i wanted to pick up the MSI or ASUS edition but put the shroud from my old 7950 on it cause it looks way better? but thing taht will give me nightmares is a hot as nuts card (the experience with my old 590 was awful)

dont fancy having to play games worrying about GPU temperatures, though the extra 1gb vram will be nice for modded skyrim.

I mean the 290 would be great just if it wouldnt be a nightmare :< or i may as well go CF 7950

Avoid the reference cooler and you should be fine.

Good coolers Sapphire Vapor-X and Tri-X, PowerColor PCS+, Gigabyte Windforce, MSI TwinFrozr, XFX Double Dissipation

Can we put the Metal Gear team in charge of optimizing every single PC game from now on? Ground Zeroes runs just unbelievably smooth on high settings, even on my 750ti.

Once I found the right settings I didn't get so much as a dip to 59, a rock-solid 60FPS throughout. 

• Brohoof 1

-Duncan McLeod.

Can we put the Metal Gear team in charge of optimizing every single PC game from now on? Ground Zeroes runs just unbelievably smooth on high settings, even on my 750ti.

Once I found the right settings I didn't get so much as a dip to 59, a rock-solid 60FPS throughout. 

Based on how good Ground Zeroes was, I'm gonna wager that Konami's future PC games are going to be similarly well-optimized.

• Brohoof 1

Based on how good Ground Zeroes was, I'm gonna wager that Konami's future PC games are going to be similarly well-optimized.

I'm really looking forward to Silent Hills now because I just read it's coming to PC and also using the Fox Engine. 

-Duncan McLeod.

It's like $550-$600 here while you could probably get a 970 for $350(or even less). It's really not that practical for the price. 

I've actually been thinking about doing that honestly, grabbing a 970 instead and grabbing a better monitor or more RAM with the extra cash. I'll have to do a bit of research first. The 970 still maxes out pretty much everything.

• Brohoof 2

sm2y3Eq.png

Twitter

Anyone know a decently priced 760 graphics card? All my other parts are alright, it's just that my graphics card is struggling a bit.

Can't find any low-priced GTX 760s anymore, I think it's been discontinued. Might have to just go for the 960.

• Brohoof 1

I've actually been thinking about doing that honestly, grabbing a 970 instead and grabbing a better monitor or more RAM with the extra cash. I'll have to do a bit of research first. The 970 still maxes out pretty much everything.

Same here, I rather go with the 970 and use the extra to chuck in another 8GB of RAM and a third HDD(maybe a 2TB or so) especially for Steam.

• Brohoof 1

-Duncan McLeod.

Logitech G430 headset? any good guys? :D.

I have it, it's alright but the mic isn't that great.

Alright guys, are the FX 8000 series still worth getting? Considering getting an 8370e since for the price of an I5 and mobo I can squeeze in a 8370e, gigabyte gaming mobo, and 16gb ram.

Alright guys, are the FX 8000 series still worth getting? Considering getting an 8370e since for the price of an I5 and mobo I can squeeze in a 8370e, gigabyte gaming mobo, and 16gb ram.
 I'd suggest not getting an AM3+ processor, as that and the FX series are dead platforms.

Want to see what made me angry today?
http://i.imgur.com/GLEWhMz.png
Evolve, the BASIC edition in Australia costs me $106.63 AUD (about 80 USD)

http://i.imgur.com/Zi2DtyL.png
Evolve, the MONSTER edition in Australia costs me $179.95 AUD (About 140 USD)

The game costs an additional $20 USD in Aus. This stacked with the exchange rate makes the game...well..stupidly expensive. They need to fix this nonsense or Im not touching this game at all.

sm2y3Eq.png

Twitter

Want to see what made me angry today?

http://i.imgur.com/GLEWhMz.png

Evolve, the BASIC edition in Australia costs me $106.63 AUD (about 80 USD)

http://i.imgur.com/Zi2DtyL.png

Evolve, the MONSTER edition in Australia costs me $179.95 AUD (About 140 USD)

The game costs an additional $20 USD in Aus. This stacked with the exchange rate makes the game...well..stupidly expensive. They need to fix this nonsense or Im not touching this game at all.

I wouldn't touch the game regardless, Turtle Rock has fallen into the DLC trap and the game includes a cash shop. In a full-priced retail game.