technology The Glorious PC master race thread

Yourmomsponies

Have you tried other games?

Fraps is setting Tomb Raider at over 113 FPS and I know it's false. But I am it looks jagged. Some guy said TR's true specs at 1080p are 80-90 frames not over 100, so fraps can't be used that's why I'm using the benchmarkers. Maybe I should OC my CPU.

post-11985-0-65219600-1418703236_thumb.jpg

Edited by TheMarkz0ne

Fraps is setting Tomb Raider at over 113 FPS and I know it's false. But I am it looks jagged. Some guy said TR's true specs at 1080p are 80-90 frames not over 100, so fraps can't be used that's why I'm using the benchmarkers. Maybe I should OC my CPU.

You definitely have some crazy overclocking potential with the 970 and 980.

I have also heard of some thermal bottlenecking problems with the 970, but apparently it doesn't affect all 970s, so... maybe you should contact EVGA about it if the frame rate drops keep happening? It's possible you lost the silicon lottery.

You definitely have some crazy overclocking potential with the 970 and 980.

I have also heard of some thermal bottlenecking problems with the 970, but apparently it doesn't affect all 970s, so... maybe you should contact EVGA about it if the frame rate drops keep happening? It's possible you lost the silicon lottery.

I might update my mobo tonight...that might be an issue. The wires have me nervous, the HDMI 3.0 cable is arched over the card. But I have had the PC on for 5 straight hours nothing bad yet.

I might update my mobo tonight...that might be an issue. The wires have me nervous, the HDMI 3.0 cable is arched over the card. But I have had the PC on for 5 straight hours nothing bad yet.

Yeah, try everything else before requesting an RMA.

Speaking of RMAs, I'm gonna have to RMA my Powerline adapters... they've suddenly taken a turn for the worse, either randomly losing connection and not regaining it for half an hour or more, or the connection being really slow.

Yeah, try everything else before requesting an RMA.

Speaking of RMAs, I'm gonna have to RMA my Powerline adapters... they've suddenly taken a turn for the worse, either randomly losing connection and not regaining it for half an hour or more, or the connection being really slow.

Windows updater I left on an it interfered with my EVGA drivers... that was a thing I fixed. What's RMA?

Windows updater I left on an it interfered with my EVGA drivers... that was a thing I fixed. What's RMA?

Return Merchandise Authorization, which lets you return a defective product to the manufacturer for them to replace.

Return Merchandise Authorization, which lets you return a defective product to the manufacturer for them to replace.

Well it can't be that hardware, everyone seems to have software issues and some people on reddit fixed it.

Shame.. I know I saved $110 on this card on sale. I don't want to wait 3 weeks for a new card.

Well, keep on troubleshooting until you find a definite solution. Real sorry you're dealing with this shit, bro.

Just cause 2 came out in 2009....it's almost 2015.

Did you have Vsync on? I usually keep it off. I think I can take a few extra frames per second (and by "a few" I mean 20 in most games or 230 in Source games) at the cost of visual tearing.

Did you have Vsync on? I usually keep it off. I think I can take a few extra frames per second (and by "a few" I mean 20 in most games or 230 in Source games) at the cost of visual tearing.

I just get this micro wave going on the screen, it doesn't feel beyond 60fps, the benchmarks for JC2 averaged at like 220, but gameplay doesn't change. 

I just get this micro wave going on the screen, it doesn't feel beyond 60fps, the benchmarks for JC2 averaged at like 220, but gameplay doesn't change. 

Curious, have you tried using the latest drivers from NVIDIA's site? Also, if you are monitoring the card stats, is your TDP peaking or is it not even close to max? Maybe try routing a 6-pin PCI-E connector from another branch of power cables using one of the adapters from the box?

I have the exact same card as you do, SC 970.

Curious, have you tried using the latest drivers from NVIDIA's site? Also, if you are monitoring the card stats, is your TDP peaking or is it not even close to max? Maybe try routing a 6-pin PCI-E connector from another branch of power cables using one of the adapters from the box?

I have the exact same card as you do, SC 970.

The two PCIs 6 pins are connected and stable, I didn't use the two that came in the box. 

Just cause 2 came out in 2009....it's almost 2015.

A lot of gaming engines(especially on non-FPS titles) seem to lock at around 62 no matter what. I've been playing Arkham Asylum and it sticks around there even though I have Vsync off and a GPU that would've been really high-end back in 2009 when it came out. 

I'd still like to know what horrible bit of code makes those Scarecrow levels break the game and slow it to a crawl. 

Edited by Shoboni

"You know, I don't know who or what you are Methos, and I know you don't want to hear this, but you did teach me something. You taught me that Life's about change, about learning to accept who you are, good or bad. And I thank you for that."

-Duncan McLeod.

The two PCIs 6 pins are connected and stable, I didn't use the two that came in the box. 

Other than the power delivery, the only time I recall having massive swings in FPS were when I neglected to apply my fan curve correctly and the GPU temps shot into the 100s, resulting in some ridiculous throttling.

If you haven't tried the NV drivers yet, I'd give them a go before calling into EVGA. You might've just gotten a bum card, who knows.

So, after many changes and suggestions, my build is final, and when the time comes, this is what my first build will be, seeing as how I will have more money to spend then originally thought. I'm linking it because I'm to lazy to screencap it or type everything out. http://secure.newegg.com/WishList/PublicWishDetail.aspx?WishListNumber=33159508

Thanks, Lunatic Envy, and the awesome Daring for giving me tips. You guys are great :adorkable:

• Brohoof 1

So, after many changes and suggestions, my build is final, and when the time comes, this is what my first build will be, seeing as how I will have more money to spend then originally thought. I'm linking it because I'm to lazy to screencap it or type everything out. http://secure.newegg.com/WishList/PublicWishDetail.aspx?WishListNumber=33159508

Thanks, Lunatic Envy, and the awesome Daring for giving me tips. You guys are great :adorkable:

Beautiful case, really love the R5. :)

Edited by Lunatic Envy