Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

technology The Glorious PC master race thread

Yourmomsponies

Not really, never thought I needed it.

Well, do you have it installed? If you do, load it up, use the benchmarking utility to record frame rates as you play and then post them here.

I don't mean any hostility, I just find it a bit hard to believe you can get a "smooth" frame rate with such a low-end GPU.

Well, do you have it installed? If you do, load it up, use the benchmarking utility to record frame rates as you play and then post them here.

I don't mean any hostility, I just find it a bit hard to believe you can get a "smooth" frame rate with such a low-end GPU.

You mean upload the video and hot link it here...? I don't have the connection for a proper upload, unfortunately. As my 'gaming' rig is rarely ever connected to the internet anyways.

Really I don't see how you find it so inconceivable, I can post the specs for that machine if you wish.

You mean upload the video and hot link it here...? I don't have the connection for a proper upload, unfortunately. As my 'gaming' rig is rarely ever connected to the internet anyways.

Really I don't see how you find it so inconceivable, I can post the specs for that machine if you wish.

No, no! Use this, not the recorder!

IvOa5og.png

Should output the benchmarks to a text file in that location.

Because you're claiming a card that would barely be able to max out PS2 era games(if that) is maxing out a game from 2008 that was cross-released on the PS3/Xbox360, something you need a decent lower/mid end card to do on even modern hardware from this year. 

Okie dokie, I'll get right on that.

Don't forget to sceencap what settings your using, if you can. 

I think I found an Intel fanboy.

post-6903-0-46186700-1417737641_thumb.png

• Brohoof 1

It's nice if you're building a really cheap system for just internet browsing and light gaming.

Yeah, but APUs and whatever Intel calls their equivalent are rendering motherboard graphics obsolete.

Or, wait... are you considering on-CPU graphics integrated graphics? I'm not.

Edited by Regulus

Yeah, but APUs and whatever Intel calls their equivalent are rendering motherboard graphics obsolete.

Or, wait... are you considering on-CPU graphics integrated graphics? I'm not.

Yes, I am(because that's what technical specs actually call them, at least with Intel chips)

Because you're claiming a card that would barely be able to max out PS2 era games(if that) is maxing out a game from 2008 that was cross-released on the PS3/Xbox360, something you need a decent lower/mid end card to do on even modern hardware from this year. 

I take it you used it before then?

Also, I have the results. Do I copy-paste from FRAPSLOG?

I take it you used it before then?

Also, I have the results. Do I copy-paste from FRAPSLOG?

Yes, paste 'em here and we'll overanalyze them. Be sure to mention the settings you're using too.

• Brohoof 1

Yes, I am(because that's what technical specs actually call them, at least with Intel chips)

Ah. I always think of integrated graphics as being motherboard graphics, being that they're integrated onto the motherboard. I asked if people still use those, because nowadays most CPUs have pretty decent graphics.

Yes, paste 'em here and we'll overanalyze them. Be sure to mention the settings you're using too.

High quality, I just noticed not everything was maxed out on the launcher. Also, ignore the date, my computer's CMOS battery is dead.

2014-12-05 00:12:11 - Fallout3
Frames: 2416 - Time: 60000ms - Avg: 40.267 - Min: 22 - Max: 60

Ah. I always think of integrated graphics as being motherboard graphics, being that they're integrated onto the motherboard. I asked if people still use those, because nowadays most CPUs have pretty decent graphics.

I don't know they even make mobos with those any more. 

High quality, I just noticed not everything was maxed out on the launcher. Also, ignore the date, my computer's CMOS battery is dead.

Hmm, decent average FPS, and great max FPS. Did you look at the ground or something? :P

Kidding. Mind sharing the resolution you were using too?

What resolution? 800x600? 

Hahahahaha, no.

1280x720 [Letterbox]

Not bad. Maybe a GT 610 would get you 5 more frames per second  :twilight:

It's not really that great of a GPU unless you're using it for things like normal desktop usage. I'd say buy that PC, but save up at least $150 for a GTX 750 Ti or R7 260X. Trust me, you'd have a much better time with those GPUs than the GT 610.

• Brohoof 2

It's not really that great of a GPU unless you're using it for things like normal desktop usage. I'd say buy that PC, but save up at least $150 for a GTX 750 Ti or R7 260X. Trust me, you'd have a much better time with those GPUs than the GT 610.

I will get something a little more stronger, the GTX 750 isn't exactly cheap where I visit to construct my PC.

I will get something a little more stronger, the GTX 750 isn't exactly cheap where I visit to construct my PC.

Buy it online, I often see it for $120 or less on Newegg and Amazon.

• Brohoof 2

I'm with Daring, get it but make sure saving up and upgrading the GPU to at least a 750ti is the top priority for your first upgrade. 

Yeah, that's my point exactly. :)

They still do, just not for current sockets. Would be somewhat redundant, I suppose, considering all most modern CPUs tend to have those IGPUs attached to them.

Edited by Lunatic Envy
  • Brohoof 1